Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Wolverine should be more agressive. Movie should be rated R. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EocXtLAAAc

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:24 AM   #252
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Doesn't need to be Rated R at all. they just need to make the character wolverine personality wise more bad ass , in the first one he wasn't bad ass at all he was like your typical movie hero, Wolverine needs to be more on the edger, like he was in x1 but a little more.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #253
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

I agree Wolverine, he needs to get..aggressive, he needs to also be more combating the animal within more

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #254
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post

Yes, more like that!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #255
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post

Anything similar to this in the next movie would be sweet, that was an awsome clip, almost makes me want to go rent the game.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #256
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I have to agree with a few others who said that Origins may just have spoiled the character forever, I dont hate the movie, in fact, sometimes I can enjoy it, but it was just one big missed oppurtunity to me, why they didnt show him being like an animal and being violent in at least ONE scene, he is too much of a goody two shoes in the movie, and I dont see this changing in Wolverine 2.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #257
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^I don't either. I don't care how much Jackman says that the next movie is going to be dark and complex I just don't see Fox moving away from friendly Superhero version of Wolverine.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #258
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

He said the first one was going to be dark and complex too.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #259
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
^I don't either. I don't care how much Jackman says that the next movie is going to be dark and complex I just don't see Fox moving away from friendly Superhero version of Wolverine.
Definately, the first origins movie was the oppurtunity to show him a bit darker, and they missed it, so I dont see them moving away from this formula, but you never know, they may be willing to take more risks seeing as its a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
He said the first one was going to be dark and complex too.
Exactly, I remember him saying this multiple times.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #260
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

The thing is is that we have Darren Arnoskfky in charge, not some no named hack.

If Darren was going to have interference from Fox he wouldn't have signed on.

Besides why is everyone saying Fox ruined the movie? I am not sticking up for them , but i have yet to see evidence that they ****ed the movie up, i still think they hired the wrong director.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #261
icelemt38
Side-Kick

And plus the reason WB went with Snyder and not Darren was because Darren would spend too much time reworking the script. Now if that's the case and the McQuarrie script for Wolverine was any bit of a mess, wouldn't you think Darren would want some time on this as well? The fact that he signed on relatively quickly without once talking about reworking anything shows his confidence in the material presented to him. And from the first Deadline article, he told Fox unless he gets freedom, he's not signing on.

Not to mention from Hugh's comments re Darren and this movie, from his answer, you can tell that he knew the last one wasn't that great.

icelemt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #262
Legion
Side-Kick

They need to get rid of Jackman and get someone new to play Wolverine.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #263
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I have to agree with a few others who said that Origins may just have spoiled the character forever, I dont hate the movie, in fact, sometimes I can enjoy it, but it was just one big missed oppurtunity to me, why they didnt show him being like an animal and being violent in at least ONE scene, he is too much of a goody two shoes in the movie, and I dont see this changing in Wolverine 2.
I agree, as much as i like Jackman, i think the best bet at this point would be to re-cast Wolverine and re-boot his whole franchise, similar to how they're doing First Class...

Old 11-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #264
EliteF50
Side-Kick

I disagree. Jackman is the perfect Wolverine, imo. It's not his fault none of the writers have done him justice yet.

EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #265
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

They confirm it will be reboot like Hulk 2008
Really badass!!!
why a reboot? Logan go to Japan at Wolverine' end, so this movie will make Wolverine in Japan. so it must be a simply sequel. they are so useless

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #266
PsyJ
Side-Kick

I don't think first class is a reboot.

PsyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #267
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

It isnt a reboot

And Summers...I cant understand a thing you just said

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #268
The IronMan
Side-Kick

He needs to become the ass kicker he is in the comics.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #269
conan69
Cimmerian

I realize that characters will change a bit adapting them to film, but I've been saying since the first film came out that Jackmans Wolv is a bit too pretty, but then I remember the character from the 70s - mid 80s, so my memory of him is the way John Bryne - Paul Scott drew him.

I also have some issue with his character, but thats the writters fault not Jackmans.

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #270
PunisherFC
Side-Kick

I say reboot

Last edited by PunisherFC; 06-10-2011 at 03:29 PM.
PunisherFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #271
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Reboot is the answer.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #272
The Morningstar
Banned User

Yea, it needs to be a reboot.

Wolverine Origins really did ruin the movie version of the character. In short, he was a pussy cat. How are we supposed to buy that this guy battles with his animalistic urges?

Origins ruined the character because that was when he was supposed to be at his MOST brutal. So his characters journey in the sequel will just not resonate or be powerful, because he was never an animal in the first place.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #273
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Yea, it needs to be a reboot.

Wolverine Origins really did ruin the movie version of the character. In short, he was a pussy cat. How are we supposed to buy that this guy battles with his animalistic urges?

Origins ruined the character because that was when he was supposed to be at his MOST brutal. So his characters journey in the sequel will just not resonate or be powerful, because he was never an animal in the first place.
Aye, I agree they missed an opportunity with Origins in that regard, and were afraid to show Wolverine as an out and out bad guy when he was working for Stryker's team(as was implied by Stryker in X2).

But, they can still explore the struggle with the animal side in the second film, look at what they did at the end of the Origins, after he lost his memories he was automatically more paranoid and angry, probably because he was afraid. So, you can start to explore the paranoid, mistrustful Wolverine we saw at the start of X1, as he barrels around with no sense of himself.

I mean, he has no memory, and comes equipped with those claws, basically built as a killing machine, so he might get ****ed up thinking he was some murderering bad guy in the past, and struggle with that, thinking, 'Ok, these claws were not designed for opening cans of beans, wtf have I been up to with them?!' So, he has his good nature coming to the fore when ceratin situations arise, but also has that animal beserker side that can surface when he is in trouble.

'Is this good side only emerging because I lost all my memories of me being a complete bad guy?! Or was I a good guy who was captured and experimented on, to be used as a weapon and I escaped? So is this raging side of me only emerging cause I lost my memories?!'
Lots of potential there, and that was the most interesting part of his characterisation in the original trilogy, so we get to see him go through all that from the beginning.

Ok, Origins was badly written, I mean, it has so much stupid stuff in it that could have easily been fixed and made better, but I wouldn't say it was something along the lines of Batman and Robin or Superman Returns, where there was clearly a need for recasting and rebooting.
We have weak links in comic books series, so inevitably we will get the odd so-so movie in a long movie series.
It had some great action now and again, Liev was great as Sabretooth and Gambit was done well(although they really missed a trick not having him in the movie more, as he played very well with Jackman in their short scenes together, could have had a great cop-buddy movie vibe like Leathal Weapon), it was not a completely useless addition to the X-Men saga.
I think Jackman has proven he could handle all those aspects of Wolverine's persona, in the first two X-Men films the character is basically how he was presented in the early Claremont/Byrne comics, the books that developed and defined the character.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 06-12-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #274
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

The one thing I'm really hoping we see in the next movie is something that really none of the movies have gotten right.

Wolverine's struggle with his inner animal.

We've never really seen Wolverine struggle with an inner beast. We saw an angry and confused man in X1 and X2. But even in his mansion freak out in X2, Wolverine still didn't display his trademark beserker rage. After pinning the soldier who attacked him against the fridge, Wolverine does take out the rest of the soldiers in a very brutal fashion, but it's still fairly controlled and calculated.

We need to see someone who struggles with a violent monster inside him. A dark part of him that's more animal then man, and when it takes over it should be truly frightening.

We have yet to see that. Origins SHOULD have given us that Wolverine. The point in his life when he was closest to the beast, but it didn't. Hopefully the new movie will. Though my hopes have sank drastically ever since Fincher left.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #275
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Though my hopes have sank drastically ever since Fincher left.
You mean Aronofsky?

But imagine an R-rated Fincher wolverine film.

The Centurions Live Action Film!

Last edited by Tacit Ronin; 06-14-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote