The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Megaton Sun
Old Noob
 
Megaton Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 935
Default Wanda & Pietro?

How can they have a Magneto origin story and not introduce his kids? This seems like the perfect (and only) opportunity to have them in this movie. It would make sense that Wanda & Pietro can be among the first students. It would give Magneto a good reason to want to help build a school for young mutants. Then once Xavier and Magneto split, the kids can go with Mags and be the first Brotherhoods.

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Mako
Galactic Crusier
 
Mako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Multiverse
Posts: 5,810
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

I'm hoping there's atleast one of them

__________________
"Hey Laser Lips, Your momma was a snow blower!"
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Unfortunately, I believe Marvel has the rights to those two. Well, I'm positive they own Wanda. Not sure about Pietro.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Megaton Sun
Old Noob
 
Megaton Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Unfortunately, I believe Marvel has the rights to those two. Well, I'm positive they own Wanda. Not sure about Pietro.
Really? How positive? I thought Fox owned all mutant characters.

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Well, at last years comic con Scarlett Johansson talked about the various roles she and Marvel were discussing. One of the characters she mentioned was Wanda. That leads me to believe that Marvel has the rights to that character.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Megaton Sun
Old Noob
 
Megaton Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, at last years comic con Scarlett Johansson talked about the various roles she and Marvel were discussing. One of the characters she mentioned was Wanda. That leads me to believe that Marvel has the rights to that character.
yea but Marvel still co-produces X-Men

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Fox has the rights to Wanda, she was in X-Men Origins Wolverine uncredited but she was there.

If Scarlett Johansson was in talks to play Wanda, then i figure they were probably looking more towards X-Men First Class rather than Avengers

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton Sun View Post
yea but Marvel still co-produces X-Men
But they clearly want to keep as much of their own rights out of the hands of other studios so they can keep the creative control over them. If they and they alone were having the talks of wanting someone to play Wanda, then they would have the sole rights to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Fox has the rights to Wanda, she was in X-Men Origins Wolverine uncredited but she was there.

If Scarlett Johansson was in talks to play Wanda, then i figure they were probably looking more towards X-Men First Class rather than Avengers
And where was anything saying she was confirmed? If anyone wasn't named in the films or didn't have a part of any significance, then they were open to interpretation of who exactly they were. There may have been allusions to them, but if they weren't named, then Fox likely doesn't own the rights.

And why do these two even need to be in these films? I keep seeing these two come up every so often, but I see no significant argument other than "But they're Magneto's kids." They weren't a part of Magneto's life until they were nearly into adulthood, so they had no significant part in his origins. They had no bearing in how he ended up the way that he did, nor did they shape his decisions leading up to it. Putting them in these films would be doing it just for the sake of doing it, and would stop Marvel from being able to use them where they actually had an impact in Marvel history with the Avengers until Marvel gets the rights back from Fox.

__________________
Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Wander Maximoff was named in X-Men 2, on Strkyers computer... Clearly visable.

She was also in Strykers prision during the wolverine movie but her role went uncredited

Fox owns her

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Wander Maximoff was named in X-Men 2, on Strkyers computer... Clearly visable.

She was also in Strykers prision during the wolverine movie but her role went uncredited

Fox owns her
All allusions. Until the character is featured by them, there's no confirmation that they own the rights. And again, where was it confirmed she was in the prison? No one was shown using her powers, nor was she named. You can say her role was "uncredited" all you want, but until someone who was a part of the movie actually confirms it, there's no proof and all those kids in the prison are open to fan interpretation.

__________________
Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Wander Maximoff was named in X-Men 2, on Strkyers computer... Clearly visable.
Really? I don't recall. I'm sure I could be wrong.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
Megaton Sun
Old Noob
 
Megaton Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
But they clearly want to keep as much of their own rights out of the hands of other studios so they can keep the creative control over them. If they and they alone were having the talks of wanting someone to play Wanda, then they would have the sole rights to her.



And where was anything saying she was confirmed? If anyone wasn't named in the films or didn't have a part of any significance, then they were open to interpretation of who exactly they were. There may have been allusions to them, but if they weren't named, then Fox likely doesn't own the rights.

And why do these two even need to be in these films? I keep seeing these two come up every so often, but I see no significant argument other than "But they're Magneto's kids." They weren't a part of Magneto's life until they were nearly into adulthood, so they had no significant part in his origins. They had no bearing in how he ended up the way that he did, nor did they shape his decisions leading up to it. Putting them in these films would be doing it just for the sake of doing it, and would stop Marvel from being able to use them where they actually had an impact in Marvel history with the Avengers until Marvel gets the rights back from Fox.
The roster of the first Brotherhood is just as important as the roster of the first X-Men. So yeah, they need to be in this movie.

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?


dont think they were on the second screen but names were given.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

It just says Maximoff.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton Sun View Post
The roster of the first Brotherhood is just as important as the roster of the first X-Men. So yeah, they need to be in this movie.
Er, no one needs to be in this movie. There are chaarcters we'd all like and want to see, but need? Not really.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
All allusions. Until the character is featured by them, there's no confirmation that they own the rights. And again, where was it confirmed she was in the prison? No one was shown using her powers, nor was she named. You can say her role was "uncredited" all you want, but until someone who was a part of the movie actually confirms it, there's no proof and all those kids in the prison are open to fan interpretation.
Actually - Fox brought the rights to the x-men franchise, meaning that not only do they have the rights to characters used, any spin off including Books written officially for the franchise includes rights to the characters. Wanda was in one of the book not sure which but i had this argument before and someone gave a reference to it in the book.

Technically your right that fans can speculate that she was in the prision, But there is two reasons that she was there. Firstly before the script was re-written, Quicksilver who you do see and Wanda was supposed to be instrumental to the prisioned mutants escape. But the scene was cut, think the scene was written in the novel im not sure. But that scene was cut only because of they pretty much ran out of time, The kid mutant prision scenes and escape was shot within 1-2 days think Gavin hood said it on the commentary, might of just been an interview in a magazine not 100% on that. But because they were shooting on location that means all the kid mutants had to have been selected and as the scene that showed quicksilver and wanda working together was cut on the day, Wanda had to be casted. So she was there but her role became uncasted.

Now legally, they need to buy the right before they can even use her on film, which if the scene was cut on the day they had to have the rights before hand. But as Wanda has appeared in the novels that is further proof they brought the rights to the character.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton Sun View Post
The roster of the first Brotherhood is just as important as the roster of the first X-Men. So yeah, they need to be in this movie.
And your own argument ends it. The roster of the first X-Men in the movies are not the same at all as in the comics. The first X-Men team consisted of Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, and Angel. The latter two didn't join until the third movie and are significantly younger then the others. So they clearly do not need to adhere to who was originally in the Brotherhood from the comics, so they don't "need" to be in this movie.

__________________
Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #17
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

TheVelvetOnion, you make good point, but we've heard from Marvel themselves that there are many loop holes.

Fox owns Super-Skrulls, Marvel owns Skrulls
Fox owns Johnny Storm, Marvel owns the android Human Torch ( and Toro).

I wouldn't be surprised if, simply because of their involvment in the Avengers, that Marvel had the rights to the Maximoff twins, and not Fox. That may also explain why they have not only been left out of every movie thus far, but also didn't appear in the Magneto origins script.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #18
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
And your own argument ends it. The roster of the first X-Men in the movies are not the same at all as in the comics. The first X-Men team consisted of Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, and Angel. The latter two didn't join until the third movie and are significantly younger then the others. So they clearly do not need to adhere to who was originally in the Brotherhood from the comics, so they don't "need" to be in this movie.
Hmmm... ya know there not that far off Magnetos original brotherhood...

Both Wanda and Pietro was in Strykers prision so was Toad, the only other was Mastermind but being that Strykers son Jason had the same power. Essentially you could imagine Magnetos brotherhood core members being there.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #19
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
TheVelvetOnion, you make good point, but we've heard from Marvel themselves that there are many loop holes.

Fox owns Super-Skrulls, Marvel owns Skrulls
Fox owns Johnny Storm, Marvel owns the android Human Torch ( and Toro).

I wouldn't be surprised if, simply because of their involvment in the Avengers, that Marvel had the rights to the Maximoff twins, and not Fox. That may also explain why they have not only been left out of every movie thus far, but also didn't appear in the Magneto origins script.
Yes but we did see Quicksilver. So they wouldnt be able to use the Maximoff Twins and in my oppinion, Wanda although going mental sometimes did have a kind of special bond with her brother, if she appeared in avangers and not her brother well... It would leave you feeling like you missed out.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Yes but we did see Quicksilver. So they wouldnt be able to use the Maximoff Twins and in my oppinion, Wanda although going mental sometimes did have a kind of special bond with her brother, if she appeared in avangers and not her brother well... It would leave you feeling like you missed out.
We saw someone who could possibly be Quicksilver.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #21
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Two mutants in x-men universe fit that bill, one is Quicksilver with White hair, the other Northstar with Black/Gray and sometimes due to artists who colouring him, slight blue tint hair.

You could retcon that character to have been Nortstar, but come on, we know that was Quicksilver.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #22
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Hmmm... ya know there not that far off Magnetos original brotherhood...

Both Wanda and Pietro was in Strykers prision so was Toad, the only other was Mastermind but being that Strykers son Jason had the same power. Essentially you could imagine Magnetos brotherhood core members being there.
But again, they weren't named, nor confirmed, in that movie. They may have been in some kind of earlier script, but even if they were, they did not make the final cut, so the general audience does not know they were there. And the general audience is not going to scour the web to find some report on earlier renditions of the script to find out who they could possibly be. You say that they were in the script before it was rewritten, so it had to be rewritten before they got into shooting or at least very far. That doesn't mean that every single role was cast at the time. If the scene was cut long before they even got close to shooting that scene, then it didn't matter who was put into the role, because the role was insignificant and they were essentially window dressing that could be anybody and were filled with extras.

__________________
Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
Megaton Sun
Old Noob
 
Megaton Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
And your own argument ends it. The roster of the first X-Men in the movies are not the same at all as in the comics. The first X-Men team consisted of Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, and Angel. The latter two didn't join until the third movie and are significantly younger then the others. So they clearly do not need to adhere to who was originally in the Brotherhood from the comics, so they don't "need" to be in this movie.
Ok, so not 'need' if you want y'all want to get specific. What I meant is that if The Brotherhood are gonna be in this then it would consist of Magneto, Mystique, probably Sabretooth and probably Toad. It would just be nice to have the twins in this too.

My thought is that Magneto needs a really good reason to go against Xavier. I don't think this 'love triangle' thing is a valid enough. Maybe humans kill Magneto's kids or his wife and that drives him over the edge.

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #24
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton Sun View Post
Ok, so not 'need' if you want y'all want to get specific. What I meant is that if The Brotherhood are gonna be in this then it would consist of Magneto, Mystique, probably Sabretooth and probably Toad. It would just be nice to have the twins in this too.

My thought is that Magneto needs a really good reason to go against Xavier. I don't think this 'love triangle' thing is a valid enough. Maybe humans kill Magneto's kids or his wife and that drives him over the edge.
Humans did kill his first daughter, Anya. Check any of his bios.

__________________
Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #25
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,838
Default Re: Wanda & Pietro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton Sun View Post
Ok, so not 'need' if you want y'all want to get specific. What I meant is that if The Brotherhood are gonna be in this then it would consist of Magneto, Mystique, probably Sabretooth and probably Toad. It would just be nice to have the twins in this too.

My thought is that Magneto needs a really good reason to go against Xavier. I don't think this 'love triangle' thing is a valid enough. Maybe humans kill Magneto's kids or his wife and that drives him over the edge.
I always thought the holocaust scene in X1 was.. enough.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.