The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #101
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmind View Post
All you people crying over, why he doesn't use the webbing to make money. Ask yourself. Why doesn't he use his superstrength, agility, spidersense and wallcrawling ability to make money ? Hey could just as easily.
My,my,my.. how quickly we forget, he DID use his superstrength, agility, spidersense, and wallcrawling ability to make money, have you forgotten his wrestling gig?..money was the first thing that came to his mind once he learned what he could do, then later he decided not to use those abilties to make money because he learned....wait for it....,"with great power comes great responsibility",....sound familiar?

however...

If he's a naturally gifted person with near genius intelligence, that wouldn't be considered an abuse of power or responsibility for him to try to earn money with his own natural intellect would it?,...no, that would be plain common sense.

Yes, I'm one of those people who would ask why wouldn't he use his invention to make money, mechanical shooters are sensible in comics, but in movies it's a plot hole and illogical. If he's that smart and ingenious, why the hell would he be selling freelance photos for a living?....he could get a job down the street at Oscorp and tell J.J.J to take a hike.


Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 11-06-2011 at 06:13 AM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #102
TheSlag
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 43,851
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Well for one, while he is out cruising the city looking for people to save, robberies to stop, muggers to put away.. etc. etc.... he can also be taking photos of said "stopped bank robberies" etc.

That way... With Great Power comes Great Responsibility can be "lived UP to" by working as a photographer. As opposed to being cooped up in a lab at Oscorp using his great intelligence to make money.

Now granted, I think the argument that web shooters and webbing leave a big plot hole to be Stupid. IT'S SPIDER-MAN!! Just saying that the one gig gives him an avenue to make money WHILE living up to the With Great Power.. yada yada yada.

HELL.. for sake of Plot Holes we COULD have him use his great intellect to find a cure for Cancer... but THAT would make a REAL exciting movie now wouldn't it.

I have no problems with Mechs. And see no such Plot holes. It's Spider-Man.

TheSlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #103
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
Well for one, while he is out cruising the city looking for people to save, robberies to stop, muggers to put away.. etc. etc.... he can also be taking photos of said "stopped bank robberies" etc.

That way... With Great Power comes Great Responsibility can be "lived UP to" by working as a photographer. As opposed to being cooped up in a lab at Oscorp using his great intelligence to make money.
What?...he's living up to great power and responsibility by taking photos of his exploits?...so what you're saying is he feels it's okay to make a living while saving lives but he finds it irresponsible to make money working a job worthy of his intellect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
Now granted, I think the argument that web shooters and webbing leave a big plot hole to be Stupid. IT'S SPIDER-MAN!! Just saying that the one gig gives him an avenue to make money WHILE living up to the With Great Power.. yada yada yada..
Well if he's living in a rat trap apartment, can't afford the rent, can't afford to eat, his aunt is loning him money, he's riding around on a moped, but he's smart enough to design his own web fluid and wrist worn devices to fire it from but he's working as a photographer?...well in my opinion he ought to change his name from Spider-Man to Stupid-Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
HELL.. for sake of Plot Holes we COULD have him use his great intellect to find a cure for Cancer... but THAT would make a REAL exciting movie now wouldn't it. .
See now you're just exagerrating, no one said he could cure cancer, just that he woud be smart enough to earn a living as something more than a freelance photographer for a stingy publisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
I have no problems with Mechs. And see no such Plot holes. It's Spider-Man.
Well, as long as they explain why such an intelligent guy is selling photos for a living I won't have a problem with it either, otherwise it is indeed a plothole that would be illogical.


Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 11-06-2011 at 09:56 AM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #104
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
What?...he's living up to great power and responsibility by taking photos of his exploits?...so what you're saying is he feels it's okay to make a living while saving lives but he finds it irresponsible to make money working a job worthy of his intellect?


Well if he's living in a rat trap apartment, can't afford the rent, can't afford to eat, his aunt is loning him money, he's riding around on a moped, but he's smart enough to design his own web fluid and wrist worn devices to fire it from but he's working as a photographer?...well in my opinion he ought to change his name from Spider-Man to Stupid-Man.


See now you're just exagerrating, no one said he could cure cancer, just that he woud be smart enough to earn a living as something more than a freelance photographer for a stingy publisher.


Well, as long as they explain why such an intelligent guy is selling photos for a living I won't have a problem with it either, otherwise it is indeed a plothole that would be illogical.
There's a "plot hole" either way.

If he could design web fluid/shooters, why not make money out of it? = plot hole

If he has organic webbing and all the other powers, why not become famous and make money out of it? = also a plot hole

He's not making money out of his invention because he's using it for good. Not for personal gain.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #105
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
If he has organic webbing and all the other powers, why not become famous and make money out of it? = also a plot hole
No that's not a plot hole, Peter tried that first remember?, Stan Lee has already fully explained that he doesn't use his spider powers for money and personal gain because of "with great power comes great responsibility". He was using his POWERS to make money, and for his own selfish reasons he let a criminal get away and it cost him the life of someone close to him.

So we know why he doesn't use his POWERS to make money, but why wouldn't he use his BRAINS to make money. I'm not so much as talking about selling the web fluid itself and the shooters themselves, I'm saying why would a person that's smart enough to create them need to be working as a freelance photographer.

T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #106
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!
 
Spectacular23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
There's a "plot hole" either way.

If he could design web fluid/shooters, why not make money out of it? = plot hole

If he has organic webbing and all the other powers, why not become famous and make money out of it? = also a plot hole

He's not making money out of his invention because he's using it for good. Not for personal gain.
I think this has actually been used in the comics before. Where Everybody knows peter parker is Spidey and he basically like Tony Stark. I can't remember the exact issue though.

Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #107
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular23 View Post
I think this has actually been used in the comics before. Where Everybody knows peter parker is Spidey and he basically like Tony Stark. I can't remember the exact issue though.
Exactly, why wouldn't he just do like Tony Stark? Tony Stark uses his brains and inventions for good PLUS to make a living. Why the hell would Tony Stark be that smart but be working for the Daily Bugle?

T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #108
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
No that's not a plot hole, Peter tried that first remember?, Stan Lee has already fully explained that he doesn't use his spider powers for money and personal gain because of "with great power comes great responsibility". He was using his POWERS to make money, and for his own selfish reasons he let a criminal get away and it cost him the life of someone close to him.

So we know why he doesn't use his POWERS to make money, but why wouldn't he use his BRAINS to make money. I'm not so much as talking about selling the web fluid itself and the shooters themselves, I'm saying why would a person that's smart enough to create them need to be working as a freelance photographer.
You mentioned the famous quote but didn't really read into it...Peter's main priority isn't making money, it's protecting everyone around him.

Sure, you could say he could become rich and also be a superhero without anybody being any wiser...but come on, doesn't that remind you of a few other superheroes? :P

EDIT: He's not even working at the Daily Bugle now in the comics. He's got a much better job somewhere else.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #109
TheSlag
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 43,851
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
What?...he's living up to great power and responsibility by taking photos of his exploits?...so what you're saying is he feels it's okay to make a living while saving lives but he finds it irresponsible to make money working a job worthy of his intellect?
I said by doing that job he could protect people while making a living.


Quote:
Well if he's living in a rat trap apartment, can't afford the rent, can't afford to eat, his aunt is loning him money, he's riding around on a moped, but he's smart enough to design his own web fluid and wrist worn devices to fire it from but he's working as a photographer?...well in my opinion he ought to change his name from Spider-Man to Stupid-Man.
No, he should change his name to Corporate Sell Out Man. And my God Man... you're on to a REAL exciting concept for a movie there. QUICK.. go pitch it to the studios.


Quote:
See now you're just exagerrating, no one said he could cure cancer, just that he woud be smart enough to earn a living as something more than a freelance photographer for a stingy publisher.
No, I was simply saying his occupation allowed him to also live up to the great responsibility and protect the city, while still able to make a living.


Quote:
Well, as long as they explain why such an intelligent guy is selling photos for a living I won't have a problem with it either, otherwise it is indeed a plothole that would be illogical.
Yes. Because we ALL KNOW that the movie will FAIL MISERABLY IF they do NOT explain that "plot hole"... sorry... GAPING "plot hole"

TheSlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #110
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,822
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

The real issue is time.

Does Parker really have the time to have a well-paying job? Between school, crimefighting and sleep he doesn't have much time for a job.

If only he could get paid while he was crimefighting somehow. Maybe he could take pics of his own crimefighting then sell them. GENIUS!

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #111
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!
 
Spectacular23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
The real issue is time.

Does Parker really have the time to have a well-paying job? Between school, crimefighting and sleep he doesn't have much time for a job.

If only he could get paid while he was crimefighting somehow. Maybe he could take pics of his own crimefighting then sell them.
GENIUS!
Don't you just love Sarcasm?
He does that now.

Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #112
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
No, he should change his name to Corporate Sell Out Man. And my God Man... you're on to a REAL exciting concept for a movie there. QUICK.. go pitch it to the studios.
Somebody already pitched it, it was called Iron Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlag View Post
Yes. Because we ALL KNOW that the movie will FAIL MISERABLY IF they do NOT explain that "plot hole"... sorry... GAPING "plot hole"
Never said it would fail miserably, never said it was a "gaping" plot hole, I'm only saying if a guy is that smart he shouldn't have to sell photos to a newspaper to make a living, it would be like Steve Jobs co-creator of Apple working at Burger King,..but then I guess you probably consider Steve Jobs a "corporate sell-out".


Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 11-06-2011 at 08:21 PM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #113
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,024
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

To me, selling the webshooters/fluid/etc. means he might as well hang a sign on himself saying "I AM SPIDER-MAN". He does have a reason for his secret identity after all.

__________________
You know, it occurs to me that Captain America is basically the superhero equivalent of Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way and all that stuff.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #114
TheSlag
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 43,851
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
Somebody already pitched it, it was called Iron Man.


Never said it would fail miserably, never said it was a "gaping" plot hole, I'm only saying if a guy is that smart he shouldn't have to sell photos to a newspaper to make a living, it would be like Steve Jobs co-creator of Apple working at Burger King,..but then I guess you probably consider Steve Jobs a "corporate sell-out".
IF Steve Jobs had super powers that he could of used to save lives and he shirked that "great" responsibility... I would just say he is not living up to that responsibility. NOW if he did not do it AFTER his choice NOT to use the power cost the life of someone he loved and was very close to... YES.. then I would of called him a SELL OUT.

But, Again.. THIS IS... SPIDER-MAN... not Steve Jobs Life story.

TheSlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #115
Batmind
Bats on the brain
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 44
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
No that's not a plot hole, Peter tried that first remember?, Stan Lee has already fully explained that he doesn't use his spider powers for money and personal gain because of "with great power comes great responsibility". He was using his POWERS to make money, and for his own selfish reasons he let a criminal get away and it cost him the life of someone close to him.

So we know why he doesn't use his POWERS to make money, but why wouldn't he use his BRAINS to make money. I'm not so much as talking about selling the web fluid itself and the shooters themselves, I'm saying why would a person that's smart enough to create them need to be working as a freelance photographer.
This is weird and your logic is severly flawed.

So what, he screwed up the first time. He could still be a pro-wrestler and the next time a thug tries to rob the guy that paid him, the next time someone disrupts justice in front of him, THEN be responsible, THEN use your powers for the greater good. Wrestling doesn't mean be irresponsible, he was just being an A-hole. So wrestle, make money, but don't be an A-hole.

Seriously, why did he stop wrestling ? It's not the wrestling that killed Uncle Ben, it's his inaction to stop crime when it happened right in front of him. He didn't act when he could have. This is as big a plothole as being smart enough to make webshooters and still being broke.

Maybe he just doesn't have the business smarts. I know a lot of talented artists that could be making major dough but they're broke as a joke. They just want to paint and smoke weed all day. I've been there, it happens.

Also, if he becomes some child prodigy billionaire he won't be able to be spiderman, now THAT would be irresponsible. And like MessiahDecoy said, working for the Bugle he can make money WHILE being Spiderman, thus hitting two birds with one stone.

Seriously your logic is flawed and organics suck.


Last edited by Batmind; 11-09-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Batmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #116
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmind View Post
This is weird and your logic is severly flawed.
Matt Murdock isn't walking around broke as hell, Steve Rogers isn't walking around broke as hell, Bruce Banner isn't walking around broke as hell, Reed Richards isn't walking around broke as hell, it seems all these other hero type guys have figured out how to make a living while fighting crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmind View Post
It's not the wrestling that killed Uncle Ben
No, the wrestling gig didn't kill Uncle Ben that's true, however it's the act of using his super powers irresponsibly and failing to use them responsibly that caused his death. So I perfectly understand if a person comes to the realization that power usage for personal gain goes against the values that his Aunt and Uncle taught him in addition to that failure to use them responsibly may result in consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmind View Post
Maybe he just doesn't have the business smarts
He doesn't have the business smarts to fill out an application and leave a resume?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmind View Post
Also, if he becomes some child prodigy billionaire he won't be able to be spiderman, now THAT would be irresponsible
I'm not necessarily saying "child prodigy billionaire" but if he's smart enough to create his own super strong, self dissolving adhesive and wrist worn apparatus to project it from he can do more than snap photos freelance for a living.

I understand why some people hate those organics but really it's more sensible in movies so as to not make this guy look like he's a science whiz, plus he's an engineering whiz, plus he's a talented seamstress who can sew his own intricate outfit, plus he's a photographer, plus he's Spider-Man, that's a talented guy that Peter Parker a virtual jack of all trades.

Maybe if they tell the story so that his father or someone designed the shooters and webbing and he merely manufactured it maybe it wouldn't seem so far fetched on film.

T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #117
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
Matt Murdock isn't walking around broke as hell, Steve Rogers isn't walking around broke as hell, Bruce Banner isn't walking around broke as hell, Reed Richards isn't walking around broke as hell, it seems all these other hero type guys have figured out how to make a living while fighting crime.

No, the wrestling gig didn't kill Uncle Ben that's true, however it's the act of using his super powers irresponsibly and failing to use them responsibly that caused his death. So I perfectly understand if a person comes to the realization that power usage for personal gain goes against the values that his Aunt and Uncle taught him in addition to that failure to use them responsibly may result in consequences.

He doesn't have the business smarts to fill out an application and leave a resume?

I'm not necessarily saying "child prodigy billionaire" but if he's smart enough to create his own super strong, self dissolving adhesive and wrist worn apparatus to project it from he can do more than snap photos freelance for a living.

I understand why some people hate those organics but really it's more sensible in movies so as to not make this guy look like he's a science whiz, plus he's an engineering whiz, plus he's a talented seamstress who can sew his own intricate outfit, plus he's a photographer, plus he's Spider-Man, that's a talented guy that Peter Parker a virtual jack of all trades.

Maybe if they tell the story so that his father or someone designed the shooters and webbing and he merely manufactured it maybe it wouldn't seem so far fetched on film.
The only person who it seems far fetched to is you.

Bruce Wayne spends his day posing as a billionaire playboy and spends his nights hopping around on the rooftops of Gotham beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands.

Even though he's tired as ****, he also somehow manages to stick to a workout routine that allows him to continue his antics at night.

It's suspension of disbelief.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #118
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
The only person who it seems far fetched to is you.
I realize you're saying that jokingly but no it's not just me, there were a couple of other people supporting organics before I came on this thread which is how I chimed in in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Bruce Wayne spends his day posing as a billionaire playboy and spends his nights hopping around on the rooftops of Gotham beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands.
Yeah, and in the movies they even saw fit to give Bruce Wayne a Lucius Fox for weapons and the such, and I have to assume it's so that the character wouldn't look like he's a jack of all trades designing his own bat car, his own bat cycle, his own bat grapling hook, his own bat sonar, his own bat body armor, his own fear gas 'bat' anti-toxin, his own...oh well you get the point. Guess they didn't want the character to look so......far fetched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
It's suspension of disbelief.
Yeah that's cool, I'm going to see the movie regardless, and if nothing else the web shooters seperates it from the Raimi films. Maybe Marc Webb and Andrew Garfield might even throw in some spider tracers, and a spider belt spotlight, hell maybe Peter will even design himself a Spider-Mobile......nah that's probably too far fetched.


Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 11-09-2011 at 07:48 PM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #119
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
I realize you're saying that jokingly but no it's not just me, there were a couple of other people supporting organics before I came on this thread which is how I chimed in in the first place.
Haven't really read posts from anybody else, but mechanicals make more sense over organics. If he could design the web fluid that Spider-Man uses...wouldn't that basically be a tell-tale sign to everyone that he's Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post

Yeah, and in the movies they even saw fit to give Bruce Wayne a Lucius Fox for weapons and the such, and I have to assume it's so that the character wouldn't look like he's a jack of all trades designing his own bat car, his own bat cycle, his own bat grapling hook, his own bat sonar, his own bat body armor, his own fear gas 'bat' anti-toxin, his own...oh well you get the point. Guess they didn't want the character to look so......far fetched.
...So? You completely missed my point. The fact that he's able to do all of this all night, every night is a little "far fetched" as well, but we're able to go along with it because it's a goddamn superhero movie. Not a biopic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post

Yeah that's cool, I'm going to see the movie regardless, and if nothing else the web shooters seperates it from the Raimi films. Maybe Marc Webb and Andrew Garfield might even throw in some spider tracers, and a spider belt spotlight, hell maybe Peter will even design himself a Spider-Mobile......nah that's probably too far fetched.
I'm glad you'll see the movie regardless.

The webshooters amongst a lot of other things are going to set this movie apart from Raimi's Spider-Man movies.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #120
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,822
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

I wish I could make a What If comic where Parker sells webbing formula to the highest bidder. Oscorp buys it and it ends up being used by a team of supervillains who take over the city.

Parker ashamed he ignored uncle bens advice, hangs himself.

So yeah, organics suck. Mechs for life.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #121
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
...So? You completely missed my point. The fact that he's able to do all of this all night, every night is a little "far fetched" as well, but we're able to go along with it because it's a goddamn superhero movie. Not a biopic.
Oh, you were making a case for supension of disbelief using Batman as an example of a night job while living a day life. Man that's not belief suspension, I work two jobs,, one by day and one overnight 4 to 5 days a week and I still have time to shoot the breeze about webshooters on message boards in between. I don't think it requires to much suspension of disbelief to believe Batman can do two things in a day. And even in the movies they show him sleeping in board meetings and sleeping in late just to show how hard it is on him so we would believe he's doing it with great difficulty.

Which is really all they need to do with these mechanical shooters, if they just simply explain it in a way that shows he either made the shooters with some assistance or the web chemical was created by accident or it was based on some formula that was started by Curt Conners and Peter just simply took it to another level of performance or something to that effect I'll be completely fine with it. But if some 17 year old kid is the sole creator, designer, manufacturer,....then well it's gonna ring a little false for me.

T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #122
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
Oh, you were making a case for supension of disbelief using Batman as an example of a night job while living a day life. Man that's not belief suspension, I work two jobs,, one by day and one overnight 4 to 5 days a week and I still have time to shoot the breeze about webshooters on message boards in between. I don't think it requires to much suspension of disbelief to believe Batman can do two things in a day. And even in the movies they show him sleeping in board meetings and sleeping in late just to show how hard it is on him so we would believe he's doing it with great difficulty.
Lol.

Are you running around on rooftops, fighting petty thugs and major super villains, whilst pretending to be a playboy dick during the day?

Bruce would need a LOT more than just a nap during board meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CLIPSE View Post
Which is really all they need to do with these mechanical shooters, if they just simply explain it in a way that shows he either made the shooters with some assistance or the web chemical was created by accident or it was based on some formula that was started by Curt Conners and Peter just simply took it to another level of performance or something to that effect I'll be completely fine with it. But if some 17 year old kid is the sole creator, designer, manufacturer,....then well it's gonna ring a little false for me.
Again. Nobody's had a problem with them in 50 years, so I think you're on your own. But with that being said, I'm pretty sure they're going to go with a formula that his father has made, that he improves somehow, like in the USM comics.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #123
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Lol.
Are you running around on rooftops, fighting petty thugs and major super villains, whilst pretending to be a playboy dick during the day?
I knew you were going to say something like that, and the answer is no I'm not,.. but I am indeed working day and night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Bruce would need a LOT more than just a nap during board meetings.
Nope, all he would need is some sleep, regular exercise, some conditioning, proper diet and some mental discipline. There is no "suspension of disbelief" required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Again. Nobody's had a problem with them in 50 years, so I think you're on your own.
Oops my mistake, I thought we were talking about motion pictures not comic books...my bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
But with that being said, I'm pretty sure they're going to go with a formula that his father has made, that he improves somehow, like in the USM comics.
Cool, that would be a lot more acceptable and believable than some broke teenage science and engineering whiz kid.


Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 11-10-2011 at 09:28 AM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #124
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Edit: Screw it, not worth the infraction.


Last edited by Troy_Parker; 11-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #125
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,031
Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Either way, organic shooters or mechanical ones, make perfect sense. As a kid I always thought Spiderman had organic shooters until I saw the animated tv series. Who cares? We already got films with organic shooters, so might as well go the mechanical route for this one.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.