The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 12-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #151
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Default Re: ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Nope. He's using cartridges. They're in the game too.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #152
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Organics suck.

A spider biting Peter and giving him strength, speed, agility, spider sense and the ability to cling to walls is one thing as it doesn't really mess with the internal organs of a human being, but organic webbing is an entire problem in itself. That would cause some disturbance in the human body and could cause a number of problems down the line.

It can be logical to say that when the spider bit Peter, it gave Peter those powers, but the mutation could have been cut short to not mutate Peter enough to harness organic webbing and thus fully mutating Peter into an actual man-spider as seen in TAS.

That is an idea the reboot could possess. As seen in the trailer, Peter ripped out a piece of webbing that could possibly mean that the mutation was stopped after Peter knocked off the spider, so instead of what was seen in Raimi's trilogy, Peter instead creates a webbing formula to use while he received the other abilities given to him from the spider.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #153
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Yeah well be that as it may. He has webshooters in the comics so I think we should stick to that.

Raimi had no problem using Spidermans insecurity to activate that same plot device in Spiderman 2

Mechanical webshooters give us a nice gadget to gawk at they can be destroyed, get jammed, and used in creative ways that organics can't.

I imagine a scene where the Lizard smashes both of Spidermans webshooters and he has to alter his fighting style, change his battleplan. Or where he uses all his extra webcartridges, tricks lizard into smashing the casing in his blind rage or whatever to glue himself up or something like that, I dunno. Let's see that Parker brain really work it this time.

And what's wrong with a plot device anyway ? He just uses technology and technology can fail. That's like saying a gun is a plot device since it can run out of bullets. According to you in Terminator 2 the shotgun was a plot device because Sarah Conner almost had the T1000 in the liquid steel if she had just one more round. And maybe it was a plot device but did the movie suck because of it ? No. And the T-1000 still ended up in the steel so it didn't even touch the plot. It was just to raise tension. Same could be done here.

Hell everything is a plot device if you look at it that way. His mask, take it off and his identity is revealed dun..dun..DUUNNNNNN.... tune in NEXT WEEK ! Uncle Ben got shot and you have all this anger and power dun..dun..DUUNNNNN.... tune in NEXT WEEK ! Friggin' Wolverine has a metal skeleton and Magneto controls metal ! dun..dun..DUNNNNN, you get the idea. I could do this with the entire Spiderman mythos and probably with every movie ever created, EVER !

When he webbed shut Jamesons mouth all i could think of was: "OK Jamesons an A-hole, but he didn't deserve this. It's like spitting in the mans face."

Now, Spiderman has done this in comics and cartoons plenty of times but when it's mechanical you can go: "oh hey, it probably has this industrial-ish flavor to it like plastic or some stuff like that, he can probably even make the webbing taste like bubblegum if he wanted to" but what bodily fluid actually tastes good ? let alone to another person. It's frigging sick man.

I also think organics change his physical appearance too much for my tastes. Go ahead and give him eight eyes while you're at it. But don't put them on his head where spider eyes should be. Put 'em on his butt. I heard there's a vacancy since his web producing glands have moved to his wrists.

The hairy palms I can understand, they're so tiny plus he can retract them. But to get these gross glands wedged in right where all of your other physical stuff should be ? To me that's pushing it.
So in other words, mechanical webshooters can be disabled in ways that biological webshooters can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Organics suck.

A spider biting Peter and giving him strength, speed, agility, spider sense and the ability to cling to walls is one thing as it doesn't really mess with the internal organs of a human being, but organic webbing is an entire problem in itself. That would cause some disturbance in the human body and could cause a number of problems down the line.

It can be logical to say that when the spider bit Peter, it gave Peter those powers, but the mutation could have been cut short to not mutate Peter enough to harness organic webbing and thus fully mutating Peter into an actual man-spider as seen in TAS.

That is an idea the reboot could possess. As seen in the trailer, Peter ripped out a piece of webbing that could possibly mean that the mutation was stopped after Peter knocked off the spider, so instead of what was seen in Raimi's trilogy, Peter instead creates a webbing formula to use while he received the other abilities given to him from the spider.
Actually, all of that would radically change Peter Parker's physiology. How else would his bones and muscles become stronger and his reflexes faster?

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #154
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Actually, all of that would radically change Peter Parker's physiology. How else would his bones and muscles become stronger and his reflexes faster?
That wouldn't radically alter Peter's insides as glands to create the webbing. There is a different between altering bones and muscles and creating entire glands that works like a spider's.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #155
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
That wouldn't radically alter Peter's insides as glands to create the webbing. There is a different between altering bones and muscles and creating entire glands that works like a spider's.
Not to mention the fact that they're relocated to an entirely different part of his body...

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #156
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Yes, it would. The composition of Peter's entire musculoskeletal system would be radically altered to give him superhuman strength and speed, and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the alterations to his physiology. Your argument is pure sophistry.

The more you know.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:40 PM   #157
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Not to mention the fact that they're relocated to an entirely different part of his body...
It would make more sense if he gained spinnerets where he was bitten; it's just fantasy that he magically was given those spinnerets in his wrist.

Quote:
Yes, it would. The composition of Peter's entire musculoskeletal system would be radically altered to give him superhuman strength and speed, and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the alterations to his physiology. Your argument is pure sophistry.
Of all his powers, Peter having these spinnerets in his wrists and able to create webbing is far more of a mutation than strength, speed, agility, spider-sense, and it is in that logic that shows that it's not even physically possible for his body to create webbing. A spider may have bitten him but even with little spider DNA, it shouldn't be able to radically change Peter to the point of being able to create webbing. If that's possible, then the chances of Peter fully mutating into a full-grown ass spider is 90%. Have strength, speed, agility and spider-sense doesn't prove to be a requisite into becoming a man spider as it's not a full spider mutation; not even close to being one.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #158
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
It would make more sense if he gained spinnerets where he was bitten; it's just fantasy that he magically was given those spinnerets in his wrist.

Of all his powers, Peter having these spinnerets in his wrists and able to create webbing is far more of a mutation than strength, speed, agility, spider-sense, and it is in that logic that shows that it's not even physically possible for his body to create webbing. A spider may have bitten him but even with little spider DNA, it shouldn't be able to radically change Peter to the point of being able to create webbing. If that's possible, then the chances of Peter fully mutating into a full-grown ass spider is 90%. Have strength, speed, agility and spider-sense doesn't prove to be a requisite into becoming a man spider as it's not a full spider mutation; not even close to being one.
Yes it would be. Spider DNA wouldn't give him superhuman strength, or a spider-sense. Your argument makes no sense.

The more you know.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #159
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Yes it would be. Spider DNA wouldn't give him superhuman strength, or a spider-sense. Your argument makes no sense.
Spider DNA wouldn't give him anything, but strength and spider sense makes more sense as it always did than organic webbing, which is pure nonsense.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #160
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Spider DNA wouldn't give him anything, but strength and spider sense makes more sense as it always did than organic webbing, which is pure nonsense.
Super strength and spider-sense make far less sense to anyone with a knowledge of biology and/or physics.

The more you know.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #161
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Super strength and spider-sense make far less sense to anyone with a knowledge of biology and/or physics.
I'm sorry science man

Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #162
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Yes, but what about Chemistry or Pathology or Bio-engineering?

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #163
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
So in other words, mechanical webshooters can be disabled in ways that biological webshooters can't.
Well, yeah I guess. And this can be used as a plot device but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

And not only can they be disabled in ways the biological webshooters can't but they can also be utilized in ways biological webshooters can't.

All that's required is a bit of creativity.

Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #164
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yes, but what about Chemistry or Pathology or Bio-engineering?
Those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Well, yeah I guess. And this can be used as a plot device but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

And not only can they be disabled in ways the biological webshooters can't but they can also be utilized in ways biological webshooters can't.

All that's required is a bit of creativity.
And the instances of such are rare, the exception, not the rule.

The more you know.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #165
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Actually it would be possible for someone to have super strength. If you have an accelerated amount of actin/myosin coupled with some DNA enhancements and an increased production of endorphins along with adrenaline...yes, it is possible to achieve super strength. There are many stories of people gaining a heightened source of strength when faced with life or death instances. For example I was watching a documentary in which a man was pinned beneath an extremely heavy rock and was sliding down the face of a mountain about to fall to his death. He was able to lift the heavy rock and heave it over his head and stop the imminent fall. Another example involves my Dad. He is a mechanic and was working on a car that was up on a lift. The lift began to fail and my Dad held the rear of the car up...it was either hold it or be squashed.

If you talk to an entomologist, they will tell you that 'spider sense' is about the spider's ability to sense changes in the environment and give it what would appear to be a quicker response to impending danger. This is mostly a DNA genome code that with enough resources, money, and time could potentially be inserted into a human. Most of this is theory and hasn't actually been done but who's to say it couldn't be done.

But really what we're talking about is a human bit by a spider and gains powers. It's very fictional but like someone smart once said, "never say never."

Old 01-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #166
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Actually it would be possible for someone to have super strength. If you have an accelerated amount of actin/myosin coupled with some DNA enhancements and an increased production of endorphins along with adrenaline...yes, it is possible to achieve super strength. There are many stories of people gaining a heightened source of strength when faced with life or death instances. For example I was watching a documentary in which a man was pinned beneath an extremely heavy rock and was sliding down the face of a mountain about to fall to his death. He was able to lift the heavy rock and heave it over his head and stop the imminent fall. Another example involves my Dad. He is a mechanic and was working on a car that was up on a lift. The lift began to fail and my Dad held the rear of the car up...it was either hold it or be squashed.

If you talk to an entomologist, they will tell you that 'spider sense' is about the spider's ability to sense changes in the environment and give it what would appear to be a quicker response to impending danger. This is mostly a DNA genome code that with enough resources, money, and time could potentially be inserted into a human. Most of this is theory and hasn't actually been done but who's to say it couldn't be done.

But really what we're talking about is a human bit by a spider and gains powers. It's very fictional but like someone smart once said, "never say never."
But gaining superhuman strength from spider DNA doesn't make any sense.

The more you know.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #167
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
But gaining superhuman strength from spider DNA doesn't make any sense.
Most certainly not from a spider bite...it is too small to create that kind of a change. If the spider somehow injected a retrovirus into your system in a large quantity there is a definite possibilty for changes to occur.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #168
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Most certainly not from a spider bite...it is too small to create that kind of a change. If the spider somehow injected a retrovirus into your system in a large quantity there is a definite possibilty for changes to occur.
But you still wouldn't get superhuman strength like Spider-Man's from that.

The more you know.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #169
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I had just watched Spider-Man Tech on YouTube that was on the History Channel years ago and I mentioned that in the spoilers thread, but...this post is now laughable since the show was all about how those powers could work in a biological and physics level, of which the most "out there" power would actually be organic webbing.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #170
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I had just watched Spider-Man Tech on YouTube that was on the History Channel years ago and I mentioned that in the spoilers thread, but...this post is now laughable since the show was all about how those powers could work in a biological and physics level, of which the most "out there" power would actually be organic webbing.
I saw that show too. Good stuff. Have you seen the one about Batman? It was pretty cool.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #171
Anno_Domini
Banned User

As soon as I got done with Spider-Man Tech, I watched the Batman special as well...love that Nolan actually put some thought into those that already have some realistic ground to them, and even the memory cloth is being worked on.

Plus...how they mentioned that the Tumbler was such an intelligent vehicle, it added even more awesomeness to Nolan's trilogy.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #172
Daisy
Gone

Oy... what havoc I have wreaked!

Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #173
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Don't play innocent, you knew what these threads always turn into.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #174
Mr. X
Side-Kick

I get that it's part of the spider mytho and it shows Parker's intelligence to make the web shooters....I dunno I just like organic web idea cause he's getting all these abilities of a spider and not the main one? Just never made that much sense to me and when organic webs came into picture, it was easy for me to except.

Yea yea then. Why doesn't the webbing come out from his rear side if he's gonna be a true spider.....my answer to that is that this story of spiderman......IS MAKE BELIEVE! =^p

Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #175
TheSlag
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
"But it's such a fine Lovely havoc"

TheSlag is offline   Reply With Quote