The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #576
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: Green Lantern 2

i just think they need better direction.

Just imagine if JJ Abrams made it

He somehow made silliness seem cool in Star Trek, whereas silliness seemed lame in GL.

Just watch the Star Trek 2009 trailer while picturing Pine in the GL costume. To think what could have been.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #577
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Watched the movie again today and it really isnt that bad, there some glaring flaws, but on re-watch it seems to be the good parts that stand out rather than the bad.

I think they could shave $80-100 million off the budget of the first movie and still make a good sequel, they would just have to cut down on the CGI and turn a bit more to practical, which shouldnt be a problem when Sinestro is the villain rather than a CGI construct.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #578
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I liked Green Lantern a lot, I really did. the only part I had a problem with is the look of Parallax.

If they make GL2 they should have the beginning be a monologue of Sinestro and his interpretation of what happened and how it's leading him to be a Yellow Lantern. He'll mention how even though Will was stronger he believes it isn't enough at times and that fear is. And then he can explain that the ring the Guardians made was too risky to wear and thus he found The Weaponer to make him a ring that he and only he could control.

I think that would clear up a lot of problems people had about the treatment of Sinestro.

I hope it gets made and that Ryan Reynolds stays on as Hal Jordan.

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #579
Franny
Side-Kick

Parallax was too big a threat. Why do these films have to go mega-epic! If they envisaged a series' they shouldn't had thrown everything and the kitchen sink into the first movie! We had the whole mythos crammed in. It was a case of overload. I loved it' but it was too much. A straight adaptation of Geoff's "Secret Origin" would had set-up a franchise nicely. Just my opinion. Wish DCAU would present us with another GL feature.

Franny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #580
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Wtf?! A Predator is part of the Sinestro corps.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #581
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
I liked Green Lantern a lot, I really did. the only part I had a problem with is the look of Parallax.

If they make GL2 they should have the beginning be a monologue of Sinestro and his interpretation of what happened and how it's leading him to be a Yellow Lantern. He'll mention how even though Will was stronger he believes it isn't enough at times and that fear is. And then he can explain that the ring the Guardians made was too risky to wear and thus he found The Weaponer to make him a ring that he and only he could control.

I think that would clear up a lot of problems people had about the treatment of Sinestro.

I hope it gets made and that Ryan Reynolds stays on as Hal Jordan.

As much as I want a GL2, it won't happen. GTLAS was the last piece of the GL-to-the-mainstream push that began in 2011. Unless the new writers of the 4 GL titles (actually 5, since Larfleeze is getting a series) come up with something that can generate a buzz ala Blackest Night, we won't see GL on the big or small screen until JLA, if that happens.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #582
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I have often heard people whine about the earth scenes in GL movie but can you really blame them.Fact is tht Gls civilian life is earth based and important members of his civilian life like his love interest,best friend are earth based.You cant simply brush them aside as they are an important part of Gls life and neglecting them is taking away the human out of GL.As long as Green lanterns civilian life is based on earth there should be earth scenes.

Solution?Move Hls civilian life away from Earth.

Heres how Id do it .Id have Coast city be a human city in Space.That permanently eliminates any need for earth scenes and allows Green lanterns role as a space cop and Cost city hero intersect perfectly-his coast city adventures and space adventures will blend together as being one and the same and thered be no need to neglect his human life

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #583
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/02/22...rong-sinestro/

Quote:
Mark Strong On Sinestro And What Went Wrong With 'Green Lantern'

Posted 2/22/13 12:45 pm EST by Splash Page Team in DC Comics, interviews, News

by Ryan Rigley

With "Man of Steel" soaring into theaters this year and a "Justice League" movie in the works, it seems like the DC Cinematic Universe is finally ready to compete with Marvel Studios. But it's equally likely that DC's previously-established properties won't be connected to the "Justice League" film in any way; speaking, of course, about Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy and the box office flop that was "Green Lantern."
"I really like 'Green Lantern,'" says Mark Strong (who played Sinestro) in a recent interview with MTV Splash Page. "I donít have a problem with it at all. But it just didnít seem to do anything at the box office or it didnít do what they were hoping it would do at the box office. I think that more than anything, economics, dictates whether or not they make another one."

"I think itís a real shame," Strong continues. "I loved making 'Green Lantern' and I loved playing Sinestro and I was really excited about the direction that he was going to take in the second one."

For those of you who don't remember or have never seen the film, during the end credits of "Green Lantern," Sinestro happens upon a yellow power ring which quite obviously sets up the beginnings of a Sinestro Corps story-arc for the sequel.

"A lot of people seemed to be confused by him putting on the ring at the end of the movie," ponders Strong on the reasons for "Green Lantern's" failure to perform at the box office. "They felt that it came out of nowhere. All it was, during the credits, there was a sequence which was a nod to where the trilogy was intending to head to. It wasnít ever meant to be part of the story of the first film."

In the comic books, Sinestro (who was once one of the greatest members of the Green Lantern Corps and Hal Jordan's mentor) eventually dons a yellow power ring forged by the Weaponers of Qward after being banished to an antimatter universe by the Green Lantern Guardians. Sinestro is now the most prominent enemy of the entire Green Lantern Corps and has since created his very own Sinestro Corps comprised of the most feared beings in the entire universe.

"I would be surprised if they made a second one because Iíve heard nothing about it in quite a while now," Strong explains. "What that standalone moment was intended to relate to was where the movies were headed and that, for me, would have been very exciting because the putting on of the ring and the whole suit turning yellow would have been great fun."

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #584
gkokujin
Side-Kick

I just watched it again yesterday and oh man. I was cringing at almost every scene. There was SO MUCH that just didn't make sense at all.

Mark Strong seemed to be the only person taking this movie serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #585
The Guard
Side-Kick

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #586
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Yes, how dare he dislike a movie largely considered at best wildly mediocre.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #587
The Guard
Side-Kick

Didn't say he couldn't. Just rolled my eyes.

And if I'm right
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #588
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Right, I disagree with what you said, so rather than articulate an intellectual response I'm going to post an illustration of a rude gesture. Charming.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #589
The Guard
Side-Kick

Wasn't really shooting for "charming". I was shooting for "an eyeroll".

I suppose if what they had said was, in itself, articulate and intellectual (or anything but vague statements), I would have responded with something a bit more specific.

"I was cringing through the whole thing"

"There was SO MUCH that didn't make sense"

and "Only Mark Strong was taking his role seriously"...

I think that deserves an eyeroll, not a lengthy, articulate response. So I did an eyeroll.

And if I'm right

Last edited by The Guard; 02-23-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #590
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Reynolds did the best he could, and he did well. Everyone tried, they just didn't have much to work with. However, I do agree with Mark Strong.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #591
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Right, I disagree with what you said, so rather than articulate an intellectual response I'm going to post an illustration of a rude gesture. Charming.

No but seriously, this is one of the very few CBMs that clearly, 100% does NOT deserve a sequel, at all, ever. Especially if Ryan Reynolds were to be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
Mark Strong seemed to be the only person taking this movie serious.
That's the truth. He did a GREAT job, but no one else seemed to care to make this movie respectable.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #592
Airwings
Waves of air

David Gallagher

Compare it with:

Some similarities? Well, it actually doesn't matter bc Wayne has been potrayey by both Michael Keaton and Christian Bale. But still...

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #593
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

No, Gallagher looks completely wrong for the part. Reynolds was a fine Hal, the problem is, you stick to what you're given in the script.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #594
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Reynolds was and still is a great choice for Hal Jordan but the film he was in didn't showcase that very well, a enter script and he would've been excellent.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #595
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I agree. Really, all they need to do is tone down the budget, get a tighter script, and make it a longer runtime than 90 minutes.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #596
The Guard
Side-Kick

And drum up a ****ton of interest in Green Lantern...making a film viable.

But yeah. More or less.

And if I'm right
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #597
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I mean...come on...even freaking Ghost Rider got a sequel lol. If any movie series deserves another shot at a better sequel, it's GL. IMO.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #598
The Guard
Side-Kick

Yeah, but then GHOST RIDER made money, and it didn't cost $250 million to make.

And if I'm right
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #599
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I know.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #600
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I'm going to be sad if I never get to another adventure of Mark Strong as Sinestro.