The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Should they have the costumes like in the CB?
yes 44 74.58%
no 15 25.42%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Norm3
Side-Kick

Default Should they have the costumes like in the CB?

I'm sick of the directors & Marvel shying a way from the CB look. Stop being ashamed of your characters Marvel!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: Should they have the costumes like in the CB?

Yeah, I hated how they changed Iron Man's and Batman's look from the comics...

But seriously, in X3, I think most of us admitted to liking the added diversity in the "battle suits" for the characters, but the tone and the context of the movie will have to match that of intent and functionality of the "costumes". So, I'm still expecting more "battle" oriented 2-piece leathered or protective clothing of some kind. I'm not expecting anything exactly like the comic books and neither should anyone else...

But, as I've mentioned before, I would expect a lot more color naturally, especially if they're fitting with the era of the times. I'm sure they'll find a good middleground..

But, given the storyline of the film, it's kinda hard to predict if they'll introduce any kind of worn suits at all in the actual film.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 08-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Norm3
Side-Kick

Well Marvel sure hates masks or should i say Singer. I guess he doesn't understand the reason for them.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Megaton Sun
Old Noob

I wouldn't mind seeing them being used as training uniforms since thats what they were in the comics. If the X-Men are formed in the 80s then I think it would be cool if they wore navy/gold Adidas-like tracksuits.

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
Squidboy
Side-Kick

I think having the classic training uniforms (with an updated look, like we saw in the First Class comics) would be awesome, and maybe the team could be forced to wear the bright yellow suits in battle, leading to the heavy-handed remark that the next time the team does battle, they'll need to be less conspicuous.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Megaton Sun
Old Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidboy View Post
I think having the classic training uniforms (with an updated look, like we saw in the First Class comics) would be awesome, and maybe the team could be forced to wear the bright yellow suits in battle, leading to the heavy-handed remark that the next time the team does battle, they'll need to be less conspicuous.
that would be a great nod to the cyclops line in X1.

Megaton Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
TNC9852002
Banned User

Nah, I wouldn't want all that to be set up for a joking reference...Unless they're trying to lighten up the franchise..

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
Norm3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Nah, I wouldn't want all that to be set up for a joking reference...Unless they're trying to lighten up the franchise..
I'm so sick of costume jokes in every superhero movie. Its cuteness has worn off. They use it as an excuse not to make them wear it in the movie. Wonder what they will do with deadpool? No getting around that mask.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
Squidboy
Side-Kick

We have the face the facts that Bryan Singer already used the leather costumes in 'future', so we can't very well have the X-Men running around in spandex without any potential explanation for why they went all leather eventually.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
Norm3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidboy View Post
We have the face the facts that Bryan Singer already used the leather costumes in 'future', so we can't very well have the X-Men running around in spandex without any potential explanation for why they went all leather eventually.
I think fans need to understand these movies will never fit one another exactly because Marvel let the Studio's & Directors have free Reign. Wolverine should have never even been in X1. So continuity is all messed up.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
TNC9852002
Banned User

Not having Wolverine would've been a huge mistake IMO..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
Norm3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Not having Wolverine would've been a huge mistake IMO..
of course but it changed continuity. That why they need to just ignore the past movies as much as possible. Instead they will screw up continuity even more because they changed things already.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
TNC9852002
Banned User

Why did you even bring up continuity in the first place?

Having Wolverine in the first movie is not what messed up the continuity, at least, not in a big way. There were a lot of other things that affected continuity a whole lot more..

But anyway, I think it's interesting how the X-Men films never really started with a true origin story like most other CB movies did.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 08-08-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Then by all means, Mystique shouldn't be in this movie, because she wasn't part of Magneto's Brotherhood. If we're going to nitpick creative decisions, then why even watch the movies to begin with? Go download a motion comic or something, because these movies will never live up to the impossible standards of fanboys. And I'll be the first to admit that the last two movies left a bad taste in my mouth, but that's because of the behind-the-scenes crap that happened, that made the end product turn up worse for all that effort.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #15
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Yes.

I think the recent slew of CBMs have proven that the mainstream audience won't walk out if the characters are wearing their classic suits and uniforms. I am LOVING what Marvel is developing for Thor, Captain America and etc in terms of costuming.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
Norm3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Yes.

I think the recent slew of CBMs have proven that the mainstream audience won't walk out if the characters are wearing their classic suits and uniforms. I am LOVING what Marvel is developing for Thor, Captain America and etc in terms of costuming.
I agree, but the directors, the Studio's & Marvel seem to shy away from the.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #17
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm3 View Post
I agree, but the directors, the Studio's & Marvel seem to shy away from the.
You think so? I disagree. The Spider-Man and Fantastic Four uniforms were the first to really break free from the "realism" era and they were embraced just fine. The Iron Man suit is still made of awesome. And the looks they have going for Cap and Thor are flawless in my opinion. Very faithful to the source material.

So I'm not sure where you're seeing the directors and studios shying away from anything?

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Karelia
We Are Groot

I'd love to see the costumes for the film.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Yes.

Give me this, please

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #20
Project862006
Banned User

arent they kinda plain looking tho

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #21
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I'd be fine with something like JP posted, I think you really have to have the team have a single similar look with maybe a few personal touches of their own.

But if you get the X-Men wearing about 90 different looks with an X on them, it might distract people a little too much.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #22
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I highly doubt they'll wear that yellow. It should be more of a lighter shade of gold with blue or navy blue or darker blue.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #23
Norm3
Side-Kick

Quote:
You think so? I disagree. The Spider-Man and Fantastic Four uniforms were the first to really break free from the "realism" era and they were embraced just fine. The Iron Man suit is still made of awesome. And the looks they have going for Cap and Thor are flawless in my opinion. Very faithful to the source material.

So I'm not sure where you're seeing the directors and studios shying away from anything?
Of course your picking heros where they wouldn't dare change or couldn't change them. But you forgot about their villains. I'm just going to list them the ones i feel were changed for the movie because of the Studio & director, X-men, The Green Goblin, New Goblin(instead of Hob) Bullseye, Galactus, Deadpool, Pyro or they choose to use a character that doesn't use a mask like Black Widow. Flying is another thing Singer avoided in X-Men.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #24
TNC9852002
Banned User

Yeah...You gotta have some changes here and there..

For the most part, the X-Men can get away with not having a standard look because their attire and appearances have been changing so more often than the rest to the point where you'll have the storytelling and the tone to dictate their look.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #25
ALP
In The Mountains

Yes, but not sure if they'd do it for this series to keep in continuity. If so, I love what JP posted or something like in X-Men Legends. Costumes that are colored similar and match but also have more flare because the films costumes are just boring.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote