The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Should they have the costumes like in the CB?
yes 44 74.58%
no 15 25.42%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #51
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: Should they have the costumes like in the CB?

Hmmm

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #52
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAvenger4 View Post
I was joking. If one of them was wearing one of those costumes then all of them should. I just want Jean wearing tight clothes.
LOL, Jean is probably like.. 5

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #53
TheWatcher
Dapper

^I meant when she is 20 yrs old you sick sonofa....

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #54
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

what about something like...

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 08-12-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #55
TheWatcher
Dapper

I would definitely accept those costumes.

Wayyyy better than boring black leather.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #56
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Hmmm

I appreciate that they tried to do something different, but I think that uniform is ugly and more boring than the black leather. I hope the current creative team is more creative than that.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #57
Norm3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm

Its not anything but a Ski suit.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #58
ALP
In The Mountains

Yeah that looked pretty boring, worse than the black leather.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #59
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
LOL, Jean is probably like.. 5
Jean seemed like she was older than Cyclops to me.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #60
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
Jean seemed like she was older than Cyclops to me.
So, then he's probably 4.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #61
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I can see this..

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 AM   #62
succumbtofear
Man With Chops

I hate to say it, because I remember being a thrilled kid when I went to see the original x-men films (wow, a lot can happen in ten years xD) and one of my biggest complaints was that they didn't have their costumes. Leather jumpsuits I could understand, but could they have maybe given them fleshed out colors for more than just the thin linings of the suits? I could back then, and I can now, buy Cyclops in a blue jumpsuit. I don't know, I just have more fun with comic movies when they feel more.. comic-like I guess. If anything, I loved movies like Daredevil and Spider-man more because of the suits, it was like the comic come to life for me. Then I had the X-men, trying to look a bit more *realistic in just black jumpsuits. Meh.

I do however agree with what someone else said (I forget who, sorry!!) about wearing their costumes for the right reasons, though. Daredevil and Spidey are trying to hide their identities. I agree, it'd be silly just to see Wolverine lounging around in his mask. but then I say, give him a reason to need a mask, put him somewhere in a film where it should be required to be worn. same thing with the mutants in this film, I always pictured danger room sessions like my karate classes, to be honest. or even like gym class for example, everyone is required to get into the proper clothes to do such activities. I'm not saying I want the mutants in karate gi's, I just think that seeing them suit up for a Danger room session is more believable and acceptable for why they'd have uniforms, if that makes sense...

Didn't mean for this post to be so long!!

succumbtofear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #63
TNC9852002
Banned User

You'll need to completely revamp and reinvent the series where things like Wolverine's mask need not to be explained, because I really can't come up with any reason for him to wear one and be the only one on the team to have one...Just like with the costumes, there are a lot of other things like that about the X-Men universe that couldn't translate very well, in.this.series.

You would need to hire some kind of stylized director like Zack Snyder, Edgar Wright, or Robert Rodriguez to do something like that. Just go full blown comic-style X-Men where their world is not as grounded and realistic as it is now. The tone is exaggerated, the action is over-the-top, and the sci-fi element is brought up further.

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 08-13-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #64
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I just don't think Wolverine's mask translates well period. It's much too awkward looking of a mask for any medium other than comics or animation.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #65
TNC9852002
Banned User

I'm sure it can be done, but it's about how far will the filmmakers want to go in adapting a particular X-Men story and making it fit that world that they're creating..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #66
Angamb
Banned User

The girl on Watchmen had an uniform close to some x-men cotumes on the comics, so they can do a nice costume for the original team.

Edit: here it is. Make a few changes and add some blue, and you have a good x-girl costume.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #67
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
I just don't think Wolverine's mask translates well period. It's much too awkward looking of a mask for any medium other than comics or animation.
I agree with this. Its also pointless when no one else is wearing a mask

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #68
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

My view on this subject is somewhat divided.

The whole idea of the costume was for two things usually... the first being that characters identity, the other sometimes to hide there other identity. Its not always the case for most x-men characters as hardly any where a mask that covers there face.

For the reality of the x-men movie universe singer ultimately created we needed to the black leather suits in a sense. But in my opinion they were wrong for an entirely different reason.

The comic book costumes could work, but how they work has always been down to material used.

Spandex is a no-no, quiet frankly how does the most bad-ass character in the x-men universe Wolverine manage to prance around in yellow? Its just wrong.

Leather is wrong when you reference the original costumes, for a start the x-men were a kind of para-miltary unit, when you look at what para-miltary usually where and the only reference that comes to mind right now is the first resident evil game with the S.T.A.R.S unit, although slightly colourful it still worked.

So i feel we need to look at the material to get the comic book costumes.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #69
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

Give me this, please
YES! GIVE ME THAT!

NinjaTurtleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #70
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

I think most of the reason the series of X1-X3 had the team black leotards was because of FOX's apprehension of it looking silly. Yet now with other studios and comic movie films using an adaption of the characters suit or in some cases, like Spideys, using the suit we recognize as exact I can see FOX using the actual suits. As for first class, i think FOX will go for the team outfits from the comic series. I would think Vaughn would want to use the actual suits knowing how daring he can be.

Moving forward I would hope most major studios and their comic book films will have a close likeness to what the heroes wore.

I really think that was a big screw up by FOX to not show the X-Men in their individual costumes. They are a part of a team but then again their individualism whether it be attitudes, powers or looks are important to me and that was expressed through the costumes.

In space, no one can hear you scream.

The Forever War
WeaponXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #71
JP
Smelly

Well.. I definitely don't want individual costumes.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #72
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
YES! GIVE ME THAT!
It's just nice artwork..

It just doesn't look the same on a real human being..

Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #73
JP
Smelly

Have you seen it?

Old 08-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #74
Squidboy
Side-Kick

What could be so wrong with this?

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #75
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
You'll need to completely revamp and reinvent the series where things like Wolverine's mask need not to be explained, because I really can't come up with any reason for him to wear one and be the only one on the team to have one...Just like with the costumes, there are a lot of other things like that about the X-Men universe that couldn't translate very well, in.this.series.

You would need to hire some kind of stylized director like Zack Snyder, Edgar Wright, or Robert Rodriguez to do something like that. Just go full blown comic-style X-Men where their world is not as grounded and realistic as it is now. The tone is exaggerated, the action is over-the-top, and the sci-fi element is brought up further.
Exactly. I think Vaughn would also be a terrific director who could do just that. But if there is one reason why I think the costumes will not be much more comic-book is because he's working in a very established world that he did not really create. He should have great freedom but also must abide by a number of rules. It will seem strange to see varied more colorful costumes on the heroes and villains when in the later films they are more muted and grounded.

I also think the costumes for the X-Men should have symmetry to them. The villains can be completely different lol, but the X-Men have got to be matching in some fashion. The costumes in the films may not be my favorite, but it's why they still work fine.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote