The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

Dry pls!!!!!!!!no more lifting heavy objects and counting it as a major scene

i don't want to see his strength used for supposed major scenes in movie eg lifting planes or space shuttles, etc. it is ok to see maybe once in the movie, but sr almost made it superman: power lifter returns. let's see him fighitng physical villains, and if he does lift stuff it should be when stuff is about to hit citizens. he should be saving them as they are about to get squashed.

MiddleSuperName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #27
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

Default Re: Everyone wants to start with a huge action scene. There is a downside folks.

ooooh clark using powers first would be great way to separate this from sr actually. nice one david. they could show him using his powers as clark and it would tease us, setting us up for seeing superman maybe 30-40 min into movie.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #28
dulcetpine
Side-Kick

Default Re: Everyone wants to start with a huge action scene. There is a downside folks.

Well, I will settle for a first person flight perspective if I don't get to see supes full frontal for the first 45...

dulcetpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #29
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

it needs to be an event when we see superman. like you should have to wait for it, the anticipation. i would be up for them doing a opening scene so fast and shot in certain way you can not see his form, but nothing past that.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #30
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Default Re: pls!!!!!!!!no more lifting heavy objects and counting it as a major scene

Well he did have a reason for those feats of strength in SR, you know. how many lives would have been lost in the plane and in the stadium if he had just not done anything? If he hadn't lifted NK into outer space, how many BILLIONS of lives would have been lost? He's not going to just lift something for the heck of it.

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 08-14-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #31
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

Default Re: pls!!!!!!!!no more lifting heavy objects and counting it as a major scene

i said once, maybe twice is ok. sr turned it into lifting on every "action" sequence.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #32
dulcetpine
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleSuperName View Post
it needs to be an event when we see superman. like you should have to wait for it, the anticipation. i would be up for them doing a opening scene so fast and shot in certain way you can not see his form, but nothing past that.
so waiting 6 years between movies doesn't count?

dulcetpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #33
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

ha ha ha ha ha that was clever. nicely done sir. for a movie you should build up so everything seems more impressive.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #34
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Personally i'm hoping it opens with Lois and Clark investigating a lead on Intergang...

hopefuldreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #35
SpitCurl
Side-Kick

There was a thread on here recently, don't know where it went, about writing an intro scene for Supes, and mine was action from beat one.

It started off with Superman whizzing through the frame and skidding down onto a Metropolis street, mid-fight, against what is essentially someone in a proto-Metallo suit (it isn't Corben yet. We introduce him as he watches the battle from his wheelchair at home on the news, and glances down in his hand at Prof. Vale's business card...)

It's very kinetic and visceral, and it's the simplest set piece of the film.

From there we build, so that his next battle is against two New Gods, and the climax has him facing off against 10 guys in Metallo-like suits, as Corben sort of taking the lead in battle and becomes his main pursuer.

So it can be done without blowing your whole load in the first 10 mins.

SpitCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #36
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

this could've easily fit under LaraLane's "huge action scene" thread. you really didn't have to make a new thread just to get this point across...

Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #37
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

You make me wish for a Superman movie centering around a superhuman powerlifting competition between Superman and Zod and they never lay so much as a finger on one another. :P

Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #38
Sky Captain
Side-Kick

Start with a punch, end with a flurry.

Sky Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #39
Asgard
Kanga Fu

This is supposed to be a darker or more mature take on Supes so the opening scene should be something thatll let the audience know that this incarnation of Superman is different than anything theyve probably seen before.

My take would be Superman decapitating a criminal with a *****slap. Id also suggest the crime would be shoplifting some candy or something of no real importance.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #40
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Personally i'm hoping it opens with Lois and Clark investigating a lead on Intergang...
dude that is brilliant but should lead into clark using his powers

Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 AM   #41
Timstuff
Banned User

Movies are about two things: anticipation and satisfaction (OK, so they're really about a heckuvalot more than that, but that's still a big part of the equation). A lot of fans just want to skip the anticipation build up and go right into the satisfaction, but that does not make for a very good film. The fans feel like since they've been waiting so many years for the film, they deserve to be satisfied the moment the movie starts. However, that would not make for a very good movie, because it does not give the story adequate time to get the viewer excited unless they were already excited before they started watching. And even then, the movie would still not feel right, because even the fans will pick up that there is something "off" about how the film is structured.

Look at the Ninja Turtles movie, and how they built up anticipation for seeing the turtles. If you ware a fan, you knew it was coming, but the fact that the movie teased you made you want it even more, so that when you finally saw the characters you'd be bouncing in your seat. With sequels it works a bit different since it's a new chapter for a story that's already started, but if this is a reboot, they need to give Superman's arrival a decent amount of build up. In Superman Returns, his arrival was pathetic. He was wearing a beige Superman space suit, and Ma Kent had to drag him back to the house because he was so weak. Talk about a joykill.

Last edited by Timstuff; 08-15-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #42
sf2
Side-Kick

i would say
NO MORE KRYPTONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least for 2 movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:35 AM   #43
sf2
Side-Kick

saving from a horrible disaster as a starter, i think it's good for me.

i like classic and traditional.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #44
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
This is supposed to be a darker or more mature take on Supes so the opening scene should be something thatll let the audience know that this incarnation of Superman is different than anything theyve probably seen before.

My take would be Superman decapitating a criminal with a *****slap. Id also suggest the crime would be shoplifting some candy or something of no real importance.
Lol, I had a mental pic of him saying ''I'm SUPERMAN'' while doing that...

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #45
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

What if the movie started with opening credits similar to Spiderman 2, with comic book panels of Superman, Lois etc etc & then when it cuts to black, we hear faint rumbles, like fighting in the street, muffled voices, police sirens. As it gets louder & builds to a certain point, BAM!, we see Metallo or Bizzaro crashing through a wall onto the streets of Metropolis & out comes Superman from the rubble in all his glory, eye's slightly glowing red from having just blasted the villian & then he recites the lines from that JLA episode.

"I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone, never allowing myself to lose control for even a moment or someone could die. But you can take it, can't ya big man!?. What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose & show you just how powerful I really am".

As Superman speeds forward & lands one of the most powerful punches ever put on film, we cut to the villians POV, seeing Superman's fist coming toward us as we then cut to black as he lands the punch. From there we cut to the DP & begin the movie, where they talk about Superman's latest fight with said villian & talk about the villian being put behind bars or whatever. Just a thought, it's what I'd do.

Steve

Last edited by MAN O STEEL; 08-15-2010 at 11:25 AM.
MAN O STEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #46
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
this could've easily fit under LaraLane's "huge action scene" thread. you really didn't have to make a new thread just to get this point across...
They are the same poster or posting from the same place, kind of sad they can't follow their own threads.

MiddleNameSuperman...welcome to merging.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #47
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They are the same poster or posting from the same place, kind of sad they can't follow their own threads.

MiddleNameSuperman...welcome to merging.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #48
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

this place needs a better class of posters, and i'm going to give it to them. you can applaud me for not letting this continue to sink into a ghost town

Old 08-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #49
MiddleSuperName
Side-Kick

super is my middle name. entertainment is my last name

Last edited by MiddleSuperName; 08-15-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #50
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
this place needs a better class of posters, and i'm going to give it to them. you can applaud me for not letting this continue to sink into a ghost town
Luckily it is still one of the most active sections on The Hype, despite there not being much to talk about. Good luck convincing the posters you are some kind of hero though, that should be interesting.

You know what the best class of posters? The ones that get banned and keep making other names, better yet, posters that people stop caring about and they pathetically try to make different names in order to become E-Important. Classic.

Quote:
super is my middle name. entertainment is my last name
So entertaining that you had to post back to back because nobody was interested in replying to your previous post. Cool.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote