The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #101
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: AMC Picks Up Crime Thriller Television Series ‘The Killing’

someone online brought this connection to my attention

Richmond's Dead Wife is named Lily and the dead girl is Rosie and remember when Gwen suggested to Richmond we send flowers to the family of Rosie and he replied "No Flowers Die" Lily is a flower and Rosie also could stand for Rose is a flower as well .I don't think Richmond killed her it would be too obvious but i think this may be his connection that the killer killed his wife too.

just a possibility

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #102
stillanerd
Side-Kick

I'm really intrigued by this series so far. Even though some the characters seem like the kind we've seen in other detective shows (Holden, however, is certainly one of the more intriguing characters thus far; the guy seems to like pretending to be a low-life scum WAY too much if you ask me), the acting is terrific, it keeps you guessing, and the atmosphere in great, what with the Seattle backdrop and the never-ending rain.

Anyway, one question which I think is crucial and what neither Linder or Holden should be asking: just how did the credit card belonging to Rosie's dad wind up at the scene in the first place? We know it can't have been the dad because he was camping with his family, and why would he leave something like that behind? If Rosie took the card, what for? Was she planning on running away with someone? Her English teacher, maybe (who I think is too obvious as a murder suspect)? Or was she running away from someone, trying to get out of town? And did she have help? From her mom, perhaps (which would explain why she never tried to call her daughter all weekend because she was helping her daughter leave the city in secret, maybe)? And isn't interesting how that card wasn't reported stolen or missing? Seems like a very vital clue.

And yes, the way in which Rosie was murdered, as Linder points out, shows that whoever did it was not only a professional, but someone who wasn't incompetent. As it was noted, the water made finding any physical evidence virtually impossible, and notice how there no weapon was used to kill her and therefore nothing to trace. Plus, if not for Linder's deductive intuition, it probably would have taken months to find that car in the lake and Rosie would have been chalked up as being another runaway teen from a poor working class neighborhood.

My crazy theory? I think Tom Drexler, the billionaire who Gwen convinced Darren to get campaign support from, is involved. After all, we know that Rosie, thanks to Bennet, was likely volunteering her time at those inner-city youth basketball leagues, and we see that Drexler happens to also be a Basketball fan. We also know that Drexler had access to both political campaigns, or at least was keeping very much up to date with them. Since Darren's stolen campaign car was likely stolen at one of those youth basketball programs, that also means Drexler had access, too. My guess is that Rosie may have found out something about Drexler, something which scared her, got her mom to help her get out of Seattle, but wound up getting found by Drexler or someone Drexler hired to kill Rosie. Just a hunch.

EDIT: One more thing. Considering the expense of the shoes that were found on Rosie, no way would Bennet be able to afford those on a teacher's salary. But a billionaire like Drexler? $2,000 for shoes is chump change.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Last edited by stillanerd; 04-26-2011 at 10:09 PM.
stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #103
Rez
Side-Kick

Parents give their kids their credit cards all the time.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #104
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
Parents give their kids their credit cards all the time.
Good point.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #105
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

Who killed Rosie Larson? I'll tell you who killed Rosie Larson, it's that goddamn Sasquach.

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #106
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Great episode. I forgot to record it on Sunday so I was able to last night instead. This is getting very intrigueing. Loved the little moment of Holden putting the money in the mail box. He seems to be a good person, despite his appearance and methods.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #107
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Great great ep.

When they showed Rosie's dad carrying those huge metal cases like a maniac I knew hes going to beat Bennett head in. The scene where his friend let him know that Bennett was the chief suspect was great. The facial expressions on Stan's face was awesome. Equally as awesome was Bennett realization that Stan knows about whatever it is between him and Rosie. Dude looked like he was about to **** a brick.

Steven's uncomfortableness at Bennett's sister-in-law's racism was funny.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #108
Soapy
It's happening again...

Is there any place to watch full episodes? My DVR didn't record the last episode for some reason. :[

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #109
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Check AMC's website I know they were airing earlier episodes of the season. Also its aired throughout the week at different times if you want to DVR it again.

5 episodes left! The Killing marches on, keeping you interested. No Breaking Bad but still enjoying it.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #110
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

This weeks show seemed to contain more misery than usual as it focused on the lives of all the characters as the investigation stalled. Holder's confession at his addicts meeting was a quality piece of acting, he is one of the more unusual detectives in the current procedural genre.

I'm still none the wiser as to who did it but I think there is more to be revealed about Richmond, Bennett is clearly up to something but it wont be related to Rosie's death. I'm also wondering if we are going to get some back story on whatever the case was that haunts Linden, there was a flashback in the first ep and it's been alluded to by Reggie, but no real details have been given.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #111
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Mitch is cracking bad. At first I thought she was going to call a hit on Bennett but from next week's preview, she might try to guilt Stan into killing him.

Steven's mystery is solved. The money was for his sister and hes a recovering addict.

Im thinking whatever Mohammed might be involved isnt terrorism but maybe human trafficking.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #112
Project862006
Banned User

wow what a great episode the wife is too unstable and guilt stan into killing an innocent man

very tense episode

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:43 AM   #113
Soapy
It's happening again...

I officially hate Mitch. Not just for goading her husband into savagely beating and possibly killing an innocent man, but also for being an all around ***** to the cops.

Lady! Police work isn't magic, it takes time!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #114
Blackman
C'mon Son

I hate the Larsen family. Not because of what just happened but also because theyre just boring to watch. The wife just looks pissed or sad the whole time and the husband isnt bettter. Of course I understand why, but on a TV show I could do without them

Honestly they could get rid of the politicians to. The one short blonde guy is interesting but not anyone else

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #115
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

This was probably the best episode yet. The ending was just awful in a good way. I knew Bennett wasn't going to end up being the killer, but I never expected any of that to happen. It makes everything more sad.

The best image was the shot of Bennett standing in front of the word KILLER behind him written in red.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #116
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Damn, I knew Mitch was going to guilt him into doing something and Stan did. He beat Bennett to death with his fists. Jeez. His friend spazzing out in the background was weird and creepy.

I didnt even think about Aisha being forced to marry and have a clitoral circumcision. Freaking sick.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #117
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

I thought Mitch was going to do it, great episode. If the show returns for a second season there will be a new family and no election stuff. Though Darren may be mayor, the season ends before the election.

So now we start over, who killed Rosie?

The aunt had Rosie's books, she's number two at on AMC's Suspect Tracker. http://suspecttracker.amctv.com/breakdown.php

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #118
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard
His friend spazzing out in the background was weird and creepy.
Indeed. What was he doing? Punching a rock or something. Very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post

So now we start over, who killed Rosie?

The aunt had Rosie's books, she's number two at on AMC's Suspect Tracker. http://suspecttracker.amctv.com/breakdown.php
I still think it's going to be someone involved with the campaign. Probably on the mayor's side.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #119
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

You would think it has to be something with the campaign since they've been boring us with his story all season so far.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #120
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Ill have to watch the ep again, but I think Stan used a rock to beat on Bennett.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #121
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
You would think it has to be something with the campaign since they've been boring us with his story all season so far.
That's exactly my reasoning. The writers wouldn't have included the campaign subplot if didn't tie into the murder in a big way at some point.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #122
nimrodson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I hate the Larsen family. Not because of what just happened but also because theyre just boring to watch. The wife just looks pissed or sad the whole time and the husband isnt bettter. Of course I understand why, but on a TV show I could do without them

Honestly they could get rid of the politicians to. The one short blonde guy is interesting but not anyone else
QFT

Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #123
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I really like Richmond's story. I was really concerned whether Richmond would make that basket or not. I like his character alot. What a troubling position to be in. An idealist like him running for mayor and having to make tough decisions to either win the election or put his own morals at risk is very engaging to me.

I always thought Mitch's sister was/is a prostitute and one of the prime suspects for me. My main suspect is Gwen still.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #124
Deadpool7
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Indeed. What was he doing? Punching a rock or something. Very strange.

I still think it's going to be someone involved with the campaign. Probably on the mayor's side.

I think Belko was punching the rock to leave his blood behind to take the fall for Stan. How many of you think he actually killed Bennett? The consensus of my coworkers is that he is still alive.

This all could have been avoided if the detectives would have told the family to not rush their judgment.

Any thoughts on how Stan's mob connections may come into play, if at all? Stan took the money from his former boss and we haven't seen or heard from that character since their initial meeting.

I also have a feeling that the murder will be connected to the current Mayor. I think that will lead to Richmond winning the election.

Deadpool7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #125
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

I'm going to go out on a limb and say....Either Richmond killed Rosie....or Richmond's girlfriend killed her.