Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

source:GI

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #302
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sad that this March's BioShock Infinite won't be set in Rapture? You'll get a chance to re-visit the beautiful underwater city of the first two BioShock games with the newly announced Ultimate Rapture edition, which will boast an all-new Museum of Orphaned Concepts filled with concept art and character designs that weren't used for Irrational's hit franchise. The new bundle comes out on Jan. 14 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, at a cost of $30. Here's a full rundown of what's inside:
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.

• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.

• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.

• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.

• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.

• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.

• Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.

• Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.

http://www.bioshockgame.com/ultimaterapture/home.html

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=335736

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #303
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

I think I'll be picking this up. I liked both Bioshock games and never played Minerva's Den.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #304
Havok83
Side-Kick

Sounds cool but Bioshock 2 was added to the PS+ free games list and Bioshock 1 will come free with Infinite. Still amazing deal as a standalone package, especially for 360 owners

Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #305
Edguy
Banned User

Reently played through BioShock 1 & 2, and have been looking on trailers and interviews all night..

..GIMME INFINITE NOW!!1!

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #306
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

A new prequel e-book will be available in February:
http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/news...quel-announced

And a new piece of art:

The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #307
zenith16
Side-Kick

BioShock Infinite

Industrial Revolution Trailer

Pre-order BioShock Infinite and get the Industrial Revolution pack, which includes three in-game gear items that boost combat abilities, 500 bonus in-game currency, five lock picks, and the Industrial Revolution puzzle game.

source:GT

Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #308
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GT

Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #309
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Spoilery but awesome:

BioShock Infinite - A City In The Sky trailer

Gives a small look at Columbia, Elizabeth, Comstock, the Handyman, etc.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #310
Edguy
Banned User

80s documentary style teaser about Columbia:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Teaser trailer with gameplay:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Edguy; 02-01-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #311
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edguy View Post
80s documentary style teaser about Columbia:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Teaser trailer with gameplay:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I fixed your links. When you post youtube videos only paste the bolded part in the brackets. www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDcnWFNE_aI

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #312
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

What's with this game's obsession with the 80's?

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #313
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I fixed your links. When you post youtube videos only paste the bolded part in the brackets. www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDcnWFNE_aI
Ah, thanks, I didn't know that :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
The majority of the game developers grew up back then?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #314
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I skipped through everything..but I'm so glad Rapture is done with. Columbia looks so fresh and new, complete opposite from Rapture. I hope they don't go back to it..this is Bioshock 3 for all intents and purposes.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #315
zenith16
Side-Kick

According them it's not 3 but a new thing in the series . but you'll find out for your self.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #316
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
From what I understand, there are time rifts in the game that change the environment. The building might have fallen through a rift and into the 80s.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #317
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I skipped through everything..but I'm so glad Rapture is done with. Columbia looks so fresh and new, complete opposite from Rapture. I hope they don't go back to it..this is Bioshock 3 for all intents and purposes.
This is the true sequel to Bioshock. Bioshock 2 was there to appease the suits. This is the true spiritual and creative successor to one of the greatest games ever created.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #318
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
This is the true sequel to Bioshock. Bioshock 2 was there to appease the suits. This is the true spiritual and creative successor to one of the greatest games ever created.
No Bioshock 2 was the true sequel to Bioshock 1. This is more of a spiritual successor

Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #319
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

I know Bioshock 2 came from a place "MOAR BIOSHOCK" but I actually liked 2. While it wasn't as 'original' as the first one I actually really liked the whole Delta and Eleanor storyline and I found the ending to be pretty touching.

The Doctor
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #320
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
No Bioshock 2 was the true sequel to Bioshock 1. This is more of a spiritual successor
Levine had little to no actual involvement in that game. It is like talking about Pulp Fiction 2, brought to you by someone not named Tarantino. It really isn't Pulp Fiction 2. This is the sequel to Bioshock.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #321
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Levine had little to no actual involvement in that game. It is like talking about Pulp Fiction 2, brought to you by someone not named Tarantino. It really isn't Pulp Fiction 2. This is the sequel to Bioshock.
That doesnt matter. You are confusing terms and just because the original director wasnt the lead in 2, doesnt make it any less of a sequel. The movie comparison is flawed and shouldnt be applied here. Ratner directed Xmen the Last Stand; that doesnt make it any less a sequel to the 2 previous X-men titles that Singer directed bc people didnt likeor agree with it for whatever reason

Bioshock 2 was a followup to the original in terms of plotline, gameplay, setting, aesthetics, history, characters etc...The games werent merely loosely related; 2 was an extension of what was established in 1. It exists bc of the original and what was seen in there was a progression and expansion of the original. Infinite while has some similar elements, is its own thing with its own unique universe, gameplay elements, story and characters. It doesnt directly tie to the original and doesnt build up on its plotline. It stands on its own without the original provide context. Thats what a spiritual successor is.

Last edited by Havok83; 02-09-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #322
bored
One Sexy Lemur

I'm still hoping for some references to the original "Bioshock" in this. Nothing too overt. Like, maybe a reference to somebody's grandfather, a sketch that looks like it could be a rough draft for the Big Daddy's design, maybe one of those time rifts briefly showing the city. I realize this is a total stretch, but you know how the Little Sisters in the original are always referencing seeing "angels, dancing in the sky"? What if something was causing them to have glimpses of Columbia? And that's referenced? Unlikely, but a thought.

All that said, if this has no references to the original's story, I'll still play the hell out of it.

G D
H S
T
Y
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #323
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Considering that alternate dimensions/time travel seems like it may be a big part of this I wouldn't be surprised if you hopped over into the Bioshock 1/2 universe for a brief moment.

The Doctor
Old 02-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #324
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
That doesnt matter. You are confusing terms and just because the original director wasnt the lead in 2, doesnt make it any less of a sequel. The movie comparison is flawed and shouldnt be applied here. Ratner directed Xmen the Last Stand; that doesnt make it any less a sequel to the 2 previous X-men titles that Singer directed bc people didnt likeor agree with it for whatever reason

Bioshock 2 was a followup to the original in terms of plotline, gameplay, setting, aesthetics, history, characters etc...The games werent merely loosely related; 2 was an extension of what was established in 1. It exists bc of the original and what was seen in there was a progression and expansion of the original. Infinite while has some similar elements, is its own thing with its own unique universe, gameplay elements, story and characters. It doesnt directly tie to the original and doesnt build up on its plotline. It stands on its own without the original provide context. Thats what a spiritual successor is.
You are clearly missing the point. Levine left all that behind for a reason. He was done with it. They could make as making sequels, prequels and what not you want and name them whatever you like but the quality, progression and originality was never going to be there. A continuing storyline is irrelevant. In video games what matters is the progression of the series on all fronts.

That is what BioShock Infinite is. Just like how BioShock was that to System Shock 2. The progression of the core games. The true evolution. It is the true sequel to BioShock.

They could of made BioShock 7 during the time between BioShock and Infinite, and it wouldn't have mattered because it is with BioShock Infinite that the series makes its next step. That is why there is so much hype surrounding it. Why it is being treated like it is the creme de la creme. BioShock 2 might as well have been direct to DVD.

So while technically BioShock 2 was the sequel to BioShock, for all practical purposes the actual sequel, the true successor in every meaningful way is BioShock Infinite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
Considering that alternate dimensions/time travel seems like it may be a big part of this I wouldn't be surprised if you hopped over into the Bioshock 1/2 universe for a brief moment.
I am thinking a System Shock 2 reference for sure. Especially with the "1999 mode".

Old 02-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #325
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
You are clearly missing the point. Levine left all that behind for a reason. He was done with it. They could make as making sequels, prequels and what not you want and name them whatever you like but the quality, progression and originality was never going to be there. A continuing storyline is irrelevant. In video games what matters is the progression of the series on all fronts.

That is what BioShock Infinite is. Just like how BioShock was that to System Shock 2. The progression of the core games. The true evolution. It is the true sequel to BioShock.

They could of made BioShock 7 during the time between BioShock and Infinite, and it wouldn't have mattered because it is with BioShock Infinite that the series makes its next step. That is why there is so much hype surrounding it. Why it is being treated like it is the creme de la creme. BioShock 2 might as well have been direct to DVD.

So while technically BioShock 2 was the sequel to BioShock, for all practical purposes the actual sequel, the true successor in every meaningful way is BioShock Infinite.

I am thinking a System Shock 2 reference for sure. Especially with the "1999 mode".
No you missed the point. Bioshock wasnt a sequel to System Shock 2. It was a spiritual successor much like Infinite is to Bioshock 1. I think you should look up the definitions of "sequel" and "spiritual succesor"

Last edited by Havok83; 02-10-2013 at 04:36 AM.