The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 09-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #51
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: The 'Transformers 3' Box Office Prediction Thread

I remember going to the midnight showing of X3. Everyone was excited, people were dressed up, and then the movie started. When the credits rolled it was dead silent and everyone walking out were talking about how much it sucked. Same with Revenge of the Fallen and same with SM3.

I am going to be skeptical about this film and I think most people are also doing the same.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #52
Theweepeople
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I remember going to the midnight showing of X3. Everyone was excited, people were dressed up, and then the movie started. When the credits rolled it was dead silent and everyone walking out were talking about how much it sucked. Same with Revenge of the Fallen and same with SM3.

I am going to be skeptical about this film and I think most people are also doing the same.
I had similar experiences with both movies except I don't remember anyone dressing up. The audience I saw X3 with never really got into the film. It was dead silent after we all left the theater. As for Spider-man 3 everyone was into the film until Peter Parker started dancing. The second time Parker started dancing some people got up and started leaving the theater.

CBM hack list:

Mark Steven Johnson, Paul WS Anderson, Brett Ratner, Joel Schumacher, Kenneth Johnson, Rob Bowman, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Avi Arad, Pitoff, John Rogers, and Tim Story.
Theweepeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #53
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theweepeople View Post
I had similar experiences with both movies except I don't remember anyone dressing up. The audience I saw X3 with never really got into the film. It was dead silent after we all left the theater. As for Spider-man 3 everyone was into the film until Peter Parker started dancing. The second time Parker started dancing some people got up and started leaving the theater.
Exact opposite for my theater we all thought it was funny

Hound89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #54
chaseter
Bland User

You thought "Dig on thisssssss..." was funny???

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #55
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
You thought "Dig on thisssssss..." was funny???
how was it not?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #56
chaseter
Bland User

Maybe if Roger Rabbit did it.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #57
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe if Roger Rabbit did it.
Roger rabbit is significantly more hip then Peter Parker is thogh

Or did u forget that Parker is a Dork, who thinks The Human Spider is a better name then Spider-man, wears cloths that ask him to get beaten up, and in genral, [even in the comics] is portrayed as the biggest dork imaginable?

that's why i liked the dance scenes cause it showed even as a jack ass Parker is a Dork

Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #58
chaseter
Bland User

If I wanted to watch two 5 minute segments of a dork dancing to terrible music I would watch Dancing With the Stars. Raimi did it perfectly in SM2 with Raindrops. This one he went way overboard...over the starboard bow overboard and then into the propeller. Scratch that, there were three music dancing scenes...one was with Harry and MJ.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #59
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
If I wanted to watch two 5 minute segments of a dork dancing to terrible music I would watch Dancing With the Stars. Raimi did it perfectly in SM2 with Raindrops. This one he went way overboard...over the starboard bow overboard and then into the propeller. Scratch that, there were three music dancing scenes...one was with Harry and MJ.
none of them were there for the hell of it, they all moved the story froward,

but this isn't the right thread to argue about this

Old 10-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #60
chaseter
Bland User

They did not move the story forward. You can take them out and it is a better movie. There are fan edits that are one thousand times better than the actual movie. If you use that logic then the autobots urinating and farting also move the story forward in Transformers... The Twins fighting and being stupid then also move the story forward. Yet if you remove those idiotic moments, they do not change the plot and they actually improve the movie. Raimi went way overboard and so did Bay.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #61
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
They did not move the story forward. You can take them out and it is a better movie. There are fan edits that are one thousand times better than the actual movie. If you use that logic then the autobots urinating and farting also move the story forward in Transformers... The Twins fighting and being stupid then also move the story forward. Yet if you remove those idiotic moments, they do not change the plot and they actually improve the movie. Raimi went way overboard and so did Bay.
The twins did move the plot forward, thats how they found the cave

The Dance scene in the club was Specifically to make Mary jane jealous and to show how much of a douche peter was being

a movie with out humor is not a better movie by default ether

Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #62
chaseter
Bland User

Take the part out with the twins fighting. Sam walks in, sees a hole, Bumblebee shoots it, voila. Once again, with that logic then every single thing in every single movie ever made is crucial to the movie.

Who said humor makes a movie bad? Farts, pee, and 3 cheesy dancing scenes make a movie bad.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #63
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Take the part out with the twins fighting. Sam walks in, sees a hole, Bumblebee shoots it, voila. Once again, with that logic then every single thing in every single movie ever made is crucial to the movie.
sept there wasn't a hole yet, and just walking in and seeing a hole is pretty fricking boring
Quote:
Who said humor makes a movie bad? Farts, pee, and 3 cheesy dancing scenes make a movie bad.
Any one who thinks the dance scenes actually hurt the movie needs to take the stick out of there ass

Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #64
chaseter
Bland User

Then the majority of critics, fans, and the GA have a stick up there. That is a lot of sticks!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #65
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Then the majority of critics, fans, and the GA have a stick up there. That is a lot of sticks!
spider-man three got plenty of good reviews, with was really only the fan boys that *****ed, its rated to high and made to much money to be considered "bad"

As for TF it got panned by the critics, but again made tons of money and the Masses loved it, so you cant callt that a bad movie ether

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #66
chaseter
Bland User

SM3 has a 63% on RT. Once again, that is mediocre. It isn't awful but it isn't good nor is it great. To have 89% for SM1 and 93% for SM2 and then suddenly drop to 63% means that the movie wasn't good...it was mediocre.

Same for Transformers that had a 57% and then dropped to 20%. Michael Bay needs to get his act together and I think he realized all of the cheesy and idiotic crap he had in the second movie should have been gone just like Sam Raimi realized he went overboard.

SM3, X3, and TF2 all made more money than they should have. The reason they made as much as they did is because they were coming off of extremely loved and highly rated previous films. That is why Wolverine made so little money, because the movie sucked and X3 was mediocre. TF3 will make a lot less money because TF2 was awful. This Spider-Man reboot will make a lot less money also because it is coming off of SM3.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #67
chaseter
Bland User

SM3 has a 63% on RT. Once again, that is mediocre. It isn't awful but it isn't good nor is it great. To have 89% for SM1 and 93% for SM2 and then suddenly drop to 63% means that the movie wasn't good...it was mediocre.

Same for Transformers that had a 57% and then dropped to 20%. Michael Bay needs to get his act together and I think he realized all of the cheesy and idiotic crap he had in the second movie should have been gone just like Sam Raimi realized he went overboard.

SM3, X3, and TF2 all made more money than they should have. The reason they made as much as they did is because they were coming off of extremely loved and highly rated previous films. That is why Wolverine made so little money, because the movie sucked and X3 was mediocre. TF3 will make a lot less money because TF2 was awful. This Spider-Man reboot will make a lot less money also because it is coming off of SM3.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #68
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:

TF3 will make tons of money because The Audience Loved it and its Giant Robots

i cant talk about the Reboot because its a reboot, the previous movies dont matter all that much

U think the new superman movie will tank cause returns was crap?

[SM1 doesn't deserve a 91% imo that movie was boring]

Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #69
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
Do you realize your mistake here???

"Loved" means past tense.

How can it be said that the Audience "loved" a film that hasnt been released yet???

Thou I do think your prediction will be right.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #70
Hound89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Do you realize your mistake here???

"Loved" means past tense.

How can it be said that the Audience "loved" a film that hasnt been released yet???

Thou I do think your prediction will be right.
when i said "loved it" was referring to revenge of the fallen my bad for not clarifying

Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #71
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
when i said "loved it" was referring to revenge of the fallen my bad for not clarifying
No biggie.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #72
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:

i cant talk about the Reboot because its a reboot, the previous movies dont matter all that much

U think the new superman movie will tank cause returns was crap?

[SM1 doesn't deserve a 91% imo that movie was boring]
It will still make tons of money. It won't however make as much as the second. Go back in here and read what I predicted this will make.

I have not once said in here that a movie will tank. Go back and read. I am saying that they will make considerably less than their previous counterparts. Wolverine made less than 20 million more than X1. Adjusted for inflation, it made less. What does that tell you? Superman Returns made 200 million domestic. That is sad for a big budget superhero movie. I see the new movie making around the same. Now if Superman Returns was an amazing movie, it would have obviously made more. Now what do you think the effect would be on the box office of the upcoming movie? This is really rather simple and straight forward.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #73
Ock
Evildoer

The box office will recieve a used condom and 3 game tokens from chuck e cheese, officialy breaking the box office record set by the recent Twilight movie

Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #74
ChicageauxTiger
Side-Kick

Prediction:
Transformers 3 surprisingly does best of the 3 movies,
prompting studio to beg Bay to come back for 4th film.

Cam or $cam: http://good2geaux.spreadshirt.com/
ChicageauxTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #75
Marvin
Side-Kick

Prediction

380 mill domestic
900 mill world wide

and more depending on how good subsequent releases are
not all films can have the clear forcast lame summers movies like iron man tend to get.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.

Last edited by Marvin; 06-29-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote