The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #76
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Zoe Kravitz Has Been Cast - Angel/Storm?

LS maybe she is tempest/Angel if Darwin and Azazel is in this film who is to say she is'nt

and we just looked way too far into it because be honest she looks exactly like tempest and tempest is the same height and build as Zoe

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #77
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Tempest is sort of a dumb inclusion though as there's no basis for her to be beyond on a cameo in these films. She's never had a major storyline that affected the comics, so why even both with her in a movie?

At least with Nighcrawler's Dad, you have Mystique present in this film and the fact that Nightcrawler will run into the X-Men one day.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #78
Project862006
Banned User

well what is Darwin's role?

edit:well i guess he can be in because

Quote:
Darwin was found by Moira MacTaggert and recruited as one of her "fosters." He was in the first team, along with Kid Vulcan, Petra, and Sway

Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #79
JP
Smelly

My theory?

While the film is mostly about Xaver and Erik, they want to show that they start a school and recruit students, but they don't want to sacrifice continuity by adding the big guns (Cyke, Storm, Jean) who are just babies at the time of the film. They also don't want to add more important characters, because then fans will complain when they don't get proper development/screen time.

Adding people that the general audience doesn't know, and fans don't care about gives them more leeway if, for instance, a student doesn't have many lines, or is killed.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #80
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Cyke, Storm and Jean HAVE to be present in this film. An X-Men film will not sell with general audiences based on Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast alone. Sorry. Not big enough characters with them.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #81
Project862006
Banned User

maybe the school wont come until the end of film and half of these mutants are with Moira MacTaggert

Old 08-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #82
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
Cyke, Storm and Jean HAVE to be present in this film. An X-Men film will not sell with general audiences based on Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast alone. Sorry. Not big enough characters with them.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
My theory?

While the film is mostly about Xaver and Erik, they want to show that they start a school and recruit students, but they don't want to sacrifice continuity by adding the big guns (Cyke, Storm, Jean) who are just babies at the time of the film. They also don't want to add more important characters, because then fans will complain when they don't get proper development/screen time.

Adding people that the general audience doesn't know, and fans don't care about gives them more leeway if, for instance, a student doesn't have many lines, or is killed.
That's a good point. I certainly wouldn't mind if Zoe's character is killed off.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #83
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
They don't 'HAVE TO BE' present at all.

Get off that treadmill of wanting the same characters over and over and over again. You're stuck in some kind of fixational loop.

The general audiences are not fussing over Cyclops, Jean and Storm. It's some of the fans (like yourself) who are fussing.

This film is an unseen chapter in the world of the X-Men, leading to the formation of the school. There is room to add Cyclops, Jean, Storm and others once that school has been set up. We may see them at some point, we may see them in a sequel. But they are not essential. The core of the film is Xavier and Magneto and a friendship that went sour, not Cyclops and Jean running round classrooms.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #84
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Okay, if they are going to add no name mutants I hope to God they're at least cool and interesting.

Darwin - Super cool power, actually looking forward to seeing him on screen even though I never heard of him
Angel/Tempest - WTF!? seriously

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Sentinel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #85
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

Get off that treadmill of wanting the same characters over and over and over again. You're stuck in some kind of fixational loop.

The general audiences are not fussing over Cyclops, Jean and Storm. It's some of the fans (like yourself) who are fussing.

This film is an unseen chapter in the world of the X-Men, leading to the formation of the school. There is room to add Cyclops, Jean, Storm and others once that school has been set up. We may see them at some point, we may see them in a sequel. But they are not essential. The core of the film is Xavier and Magneto and a friendship that went sour, not Cyclops and Jean running round classrooms.
exactly i guarantee the school wont be built till the very end of film where Xavier will go looking for scott and jean for sequels

if you dont include them you leave room to develop people like xavier/emma/magneto/etc.

instead of developing them as well as Scott/jean/storm/

Old 08-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #86
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

All that need be done to keep it in line with the previous films is to show Cyclops and Jean and others being shown around the school on their arrival, as we already saw Xavier rescuing Cyclops and meeting Jean.

Storm could be saved for a sequel (if indeed Kravitz is not playing her in this film). At the end of First Class, Xavier's Cerebro could pick up incredible mutant power activity in Kenya, with Storm's powers creating crazy weather under the possession of the Shadow King. Then, in the sequel, we achieve loads of things in one story: Storm's origin (finally), the Xavier vs Shadow King showdown and Xavier loses use of his legs in the battle (as happened when he was paralysed a second time in the comics). Simple.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #87
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:

Mmm, although you and I are always of one accord in our views...I have to disagree with ya here, X. Think about it: The X-Men films in themselves were never mega-mega-blockbusters (X3 possibly being the only exception). They gained in popularity because of two things:

1.) The characters--with Wolverine being the dominant factor
2.) The combination of the actors--with Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry's star status driving the sales of the latter two films. Now, consider:

With this film, you don't have ANY of that star power.
And (as far as we know) you don't have 4 of the biggest characters that drove the success of the first trilogy.

Do you really believe that mainstream audiences will flock to a film missing ALL of these elements? Once that word of mouth travels I think a lot of the hype will dissipate.

There's a reason why that Magneto film was never made. No one cares enough about him on his own...not "juicy" enough. And in the trilogy, Xavier was a supporting character (and he was MIA/Unconcious for 75% of the first two movies and DEAD for the third).

Xavier and Erik flourish best when supported by the ensemble cast of the X-Men. They are simply not strong enough to carry the whole film by itself.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 08-18-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #88
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
All that need be done to keep it in line with the previous films is to show Cyclops and Jean and others being shown around the school on their arrival, as we already saw Xavier rescuing Cyclops and meeting Jean.
I do, however agree with this. Just get some random black woman (with the operative word being BLACK) and dress her as Storm for a scene like what you're describing. She doesn't have to have one single line. Ditto for Cyclops and Jean. Then they can take a little more time finding some quality actors for these roles, if timing is the issue for this go-round.

Quote:
Storm could be saved for a sequel (if indeed Kravitz is not playing her in this film). At the end of First Class, Xavier's Cerebro could pick up incredible mutant power activity in Kenya, with Storm's powers creating crazy weather under the possession of the Shadow King. Then, in the sequel, we achieve loads of things in one story: Storm's origin (finally), the Xavier vs Shadow King showdown and Xavier loses use of his legs in the battle (as happened when he was paralysed a second time in the comics). Simple.
I like that. But get Zoe Kravitz the f*** away from the Storm concept. That is a definite no-no.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #89
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Please let her be playing Storm!!!! Please!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #90
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I still don't think this film will be successful without any big name X-Men in it. Sorry, just telling it like it is. Not in a fixational loop. Whatever the hell one of THOSE is.

Magneto, Mystique, Xavier, and Beast will not be any of the first X-Men off the tongue of a general audience member. Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jean though? Yep.

This movie NEEDS bigger characters to be successful.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #91
JP
Smelly

Sorry, but Scott and Jean mean nothing to the general audience.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #92
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Sorry, but Scott and Jean mean nothing to the general audience.
Jean Grey and Scott are WAY more popular than Magneto, Xavier, Beast and Mystique with them. ESPECIALLY Jean, seeing as she was the central female figure of the trilogy.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #93
Project862006
Banned User

well wolverine wasn't the most popular marvel characters and we saw how he blew up

and this film is more about xavier/magneto anyways

Old 08-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #94
JP
Smelly

Well, lets hope Fox sacrifices Vaughn and Singers vision by shoehorning those 3 in this film.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #95
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

You act as if their vision doesn't include them. If they have any ****ing common sense about how to make an X-Men movie they'd include characters that would capture EVERYONE's attention, not just fanboys like us.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #96
PsyJ
Side-Kick

I don't mean to sound shrill but...

Zoe Saldana is BLACK or at least part black, hence why she looks black. Just because her parents are from Puerto Rico and DR doeasn't mean they are not black. Those countries have black populations. There are black populations outside of the US and Africa. Latino/Latina is not a race. She's a Black Latina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic...c#Demographics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_h...in_Puerto_Rico
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_h...in_Puerto_Rico

Zoe herself claims she is black.
When I go to the D.R., the press in Santo Domingo always asks, "¿Qué te consideras, dominicana o americana?" (What do you consider yourself, Dominican or American?) I don't understand it, and it's the same people asking the same question. So I say, time and time again, "Yo soy una mujer negra." ("I am a black woman.") [They go,] "Oh, no, tú eres trigueñita." ("Oh no, you are 'dark skinned'") I'm like, "No! Let's get it straight, yo soy una mujer negra." ("I am a black woman.")

Last edited by PsyJ; 08-18-2010 at 07:33 PM.
PsyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #97
Electrix
Side-Kick

Vaughn/Singer obviously have a plan and know what they are doing. If they don't include Cyclops, Jean and Storm it will be for a reason.

Personally I think we may see Jean and Cyclops at least.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #98
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Vaughn/Singer obviously have a plan and know what they are doing. If they don't include Cyclops, Jean and Storm it will be planned and thought about in advance.
And when their movie is good, but fails to capture general audiences and the X-Men series ends, it'll be because they didn't include characters that the general audience would go see it for.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #99
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
And when their movie is good, but fails to capture general audiences and the X-Men series ends, it'll be because they didn't include characters that the general audience would go see it for.
Characters are important, but I doubt anyone will watch the trailer for First Class and decide not to see it just because they didn't see Jean Grey, or Cyclops. If it looks cool people will flock to it because it is the X-Men.

Most people are only familiar with the X-Men because of the movies. They aren't that heavily invested in the characters.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #100
psyonic
X-Man

Why is everyone making a big fuss. As I see it, we know nothing about this movie except for some of the cast members. The cast playing Cyclops, Jean and Storm could be well guarded for all we know.

I for one am really confused with the current casting (i.e Eve/Jones because it was reported on Marvel.com that Eve got the part), let alone the characters that still need to be revealed.

Things are definitely exciting this way albeit annoying.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote