The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 02-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #76
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Official Lucas Till/Havok Thread

Well if they are not brothers but related they could still be cousins or uncle and nephew

Old 02-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #77
Angamb
Banned User

Im afraid the father/son issue is a strong possibility.

if it ends being that way, I think many fans will be pissed.

I dont like these kind of decisions on the franchise.

I like the character and I want to see him on the prequel.... but they should have kept Havok for a sequel and make him Scott's young brother.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #78
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Yeah some X-men fans were not happy how Cyclops was handled in the trilogy so I can see the Havok thing making them even more annoyed.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #79
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

And people thought I was crazy when I suggested they would be willing to make Havok Cyclops' dad. Yet it's sounding even more and more like a possibility.

I hope it's not true, but if they're not brothers I don't see them establishing such a close visual connection with the red beams just to make them cousins or not related at all. The X-Films haven't always been good with keeping familial bonds but at least before stuff like that was kept ambiguous so that they could potentially be revealed in a future film.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 02-12-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #80
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I think they're step-brothers

Mulholland-Jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #81
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Singer said that there would be some sort of connection between these x-men and the first class we know from the comics , so its very possible that Havoc and Cyclops might be connected in someway just maybe not brother, father son realtionship is def a possibility.

Also whats the big deal with Havoc having red energry beams? What color would you prefer?Besides red any other color would cheesy

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #82
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
Singer said that there would be some sort of connection between these x-men and the first class we know from the comics , so its very possible that Havoc and Cyclops might be connected in someway just maybe not brother, father son realtionship is def a possibility.

Also whats the big deal with Havoc having red energry beams? What color would you prefer?Besides red any other color would cheesy
Blue wouldn't be cheesy

Mulholland-Jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #83
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Yeah, blue beams would look pretty darn cool. Or even white or yellow. No one is asking for purple or green beams here.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #84
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Yeah some X-men fans were not happy how Cyclops was handled in the trilogy so I can see the Havok thing making them even more annoyed.
definetly.

I respect Singer, but this decision reveals even more that Fox and Singer dont care at all about the fans of the comics, and Cyclops fans.

and I dont like that. Its a fault of respect, in my opinion.

Singer and Vaugh should know how pissed the Cyclops fans are with the trilogy.

I dont understand how now they can decide to make Havok older than Scott, and probably not brothers.

Thats wrong, guys. You should have some respect for Cyclops fans after the bad role he had on the trilogy, specially on X3.

and Im not even a Cyclops fan. But this is how I think about this whole issue.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #85
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Whats so wrong with having Havoc be Cyclops the father?

OK so they aren't Father son in the comics, so ****ing what?
Making them father son wouldn;t really ruin the character on film.

Comic book fans need to realize that what goes on in the comics DOESN'T need to happen in the movies.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #86
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Fanboys and others seem to get really butthurt about cinematic changes to comics. If it complements a story well and makes for great storytelling...who the **** cares?

I hate how some reviewers of movies lower their views on a film because story changes were made. I couldn't give 10 damns that Uncle Ben was killed by Sandman. It helped close the story of forgiveness even though the whole film wasn't good.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #87
Project862006
Banned User

exactly and guess what based on the original trilogy you would'nt even now scott had a brother

Last edited by Project862006; 02-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #88
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
Whats so wrong with having Havoc be Cyclops the father?

OK so they aren't Father son in the comics, so ****ing what?
Making them father son wouldn;t really ruin the character on film.

Comic book fans need to realize that what goes on in the comics DOESN'T need to happen in the movies.
So very true.

Still, why can't Alex Summers be Scott's dad and Alex Summers JR be his brother in future films??? Problem solved and most fanboys would be happy (except the Starjammer/Corsair crowd) or at least less angry.

Alex Summer SR. in this film would also help fanboys who are complaining about red energy bolts. If he's both Scott & Alex's father, why not combine their powers?

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #89
MM2Dylan
Side-Kick

Okay, something just showed up in my news feed saying that Kevin Pennington (who now apparently is Havok... I thought it was Lucas Till, but okay...) is playing him as Cyke's father instead of older brother. I'm sure it's bull since Pennington isn't involved, but there is the distinct possibility Havok could still be his father.

MM2Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #90
merbass
Side-Kick

If Havok turns out to be Cyclop's father then It is possible that he is killed sometimes during the new trilogy. This way we know why Charles loved him like a son in X-men trilogy ! Perhaps he feels responsible somehow. May be the fact that he can not saved Havok for being danger to himself and others.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:02 AM   #91
Angamb
Banned User

I accept the changes they have done on the trilogy.

Im not a hardcore fan of the comics.

But making a character as well known as Havok the father of Cyclops, when in the comics they have an interesting relationship as brothers is too much.

What I hate the most is that Fox, Singer an co. know very well how bad Cyclops has been treated on the trilogy, so this could have been the chance to start to please the Cyclops fans. To use Cyclops on the sequel with a good development and Havok later, creating a great brothers relathionship on the big screen.

Again, for me, this decision is a totally fault of respect to the fans, whatever the story could "need".

Its a Fault of respect to the comics, and to the fans. pure and simple.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #92
Havok fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I accept the changes they have done on the trilogy.

Im not a hardcore fan of the comics.

But making a character as well known as Havok the father of Cyclops, when in the comics they have an interesting relationship as brothers is too much.

What I hate the most is that Fox, Singer an co. know very well how bad Cyclops has been treated on the trilogy, so this could have been the chance to start to please the Cyclops fans. To use Cyclops on the sequel with a good development and Havok later, creating a great brothers relathionship on the big screen.

Again, for me, this decision is a totally fault of respect to the fans, whatever the story could "need".

Its a Fault of respect to the comics, and to the fans. pure and simple.
I do not think there is any fault involved. Superhero stories created by different writers, they are mutant/super power beyond human's imagination--- that is why draws our attention & interest. Havok in the X men first class movie looks badass, his light is not blue --- not totally copy from " Havok-- cyclope's brother in the comic book, which may give potential for the future for another Havok ( JR, or other sutitle) character in x men first class TRILOGY, if they would make one in future with all the comic book first class charaters.
Just lying back to watch cool and badass X men First class movie. I appreciate Fox to bring all those badass character on big screen.

Havok fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #93
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

If Cyclops's dad isn't a space pirate, I'm rioting

Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #94
The Guard
Side-Kick

I still don't understand why it matters that they are depicted as Alex being the older brother or father VS Scott being the older brother. If they never even go into who Havok is in relation to Cyclops, for instance, they're never in the same film, and just leave a vague connection, I don't think it will matter.

The filmmakers, thus far, basically just seem to be saying "They're connected", but stepping back from exactly how.

I just care that Havok is on film, and want to see him portrayed fairly well. And given the choice between say, Havok, and another Angel Salvadore or Darwin level character...I'll take Havok, even if he doesn't happen to be interacting with his older brother Scott.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 02-13-2011 at 09:49 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #95
Antrax255
The Anti-One

Its a damn shame in this universe that they are father and son. Havok honestly has no place in this movie and I feel like they will have his powers only come form his chest. Too make it red like Scott's is disrespectful.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #96
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Unhappy Re: The Official Lucas Till/Havok Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
definetly.

I respect Singer, but this decision reveals even more that Fox and Singer dont care at all about the fans of the comics, and Cyclops fans.

and I dont like that. Its a fault of respect, in my opinion.

Singer and Vaugh should know how pissed the Cyclops fans are with the trilogy.

I dont understand how now they can decide to make Havok older than Scott, and probably not brothers.

Thats wrong, guys. You should have some respect for Cyclops fans after the bad role he had on the trilogy, specially on X3.

and Im not even a Cyclops fan. But this is how I think about this whole issue.

I agree with this, mostly because I'm a big Cyclops and Havok fan...

Old 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #97
Project862006
Banned User

When you think about it how can they be brothers in the movie universe cyclops in x men 1 looked about 25(just checked and Marsden was indeed 25 during Filming of X1) so he would of been born in 1975 which is a good 10+ years after First Class takes place.Lucas till who plays Havoc is currently 20 in the 1962 era in which X men First class Takes place in.

So lets put this in perspective Lucas till in the movie universe would have to of been born between 1942-1945 to match his age in the movie since he looks about 18-20.Which would have him be born a good 30 years before Cyclops in the movie universe so i think it likely makes more sense for him to be his father rather than his brother who would be 30 years apart from each other.

would it make more sense for them to be father and son or be brothers 30 years apart?

Last edited by Project862006; 02-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #98
BMM
Side-Kick

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Havok is Cyclops' father.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #99
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Havok is Cyclops' father.

as much as I don't like it, if there is a family connection between the two, thats probably it

Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #100
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

So lets put this in perspective Lucas till in the movie universe would have to of been born between 1942-1945 to match his age in the movie since he looks about 18-20.Which would have him be born a good 30 years before Cyclops in the movie universe so i think it likely makes more sense for him to be his father rather than his brother who would be 30 years apart from each other.

would it make more sense for them to be father and son or be brothers 30 years apart?
I can't believe you r trying to sell this *****?? Man come on and that goes for anybody else
doing the same. Havoc is and always will be Scott's brother. There is no reasonable
explanation making him the father and having the same power as Cyke. If u gonna make a
movie based off a comic or good book u don't go in altering the history where it's not gonna
further the story or make it work for the big screen. Why even use the character? Why? The space pirate Christopher Summers is an aspect that can be altered for a movie. The Xmen should never go down that road of Space travel and the Shiar and Mkraan crystal for a movie in my opinion. They could've just made Scott and Alex's real dad a mutant and do the whole similar powers thing with him and Scott. I wouldn't have a problem with that because that is making a change for better adapting for the big screen.

Last edited by Nokio; 02-14-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote