The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Sony Toky Game Show 2014

The official show occurs 9/18/14 - 9/21/14 but TONS of games and info have been announced at their pre-show last night leading up to it

Disgaea 5

Dragon Quest Heroes

Resident Evil Revelations 2

New Ys game

Persona 5

PS4 to get Theme Support


Damn, the PS4 is about to get ALOT of JRPG support. Should help in that territory

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 14,399
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Watch Sonyís Pre-TGS Press Conference. August 31, 2014 . 8:30pm

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will hold a pre-TGS press conference later today at 3:00 pm Japan time (thatís 11 pm PST). Youíll be able to view the conference using the livestream below. Siliconera will report announcements as they happen.

Quote:

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will hold a pre-TGS press conference later today at 3:00 pm Japan time (thatís 11 pm PST). Youíll be able to view the conference using the livestream below. Siliconera will report announcements as they happen.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:




Read more stories about PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #3
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

BUMP! Show is tonight (or early tomorrow morning depending where you are at) and IGN will stream it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...a313885300002e

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

hopefully, we'll hear more about update 2.0 and get a release date for that.

oh.....and Final Fantasy XV da***t!!!! I bought my PS3 for that game and I'm still waiting!!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 09-16-2014 at 10:58 AM.
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

I definitely hope we get some Japanese centric info on games that slipped the other shows like Tekken X SF, Last Guardian (either announce it for PS4 or officially cancel it already)

With any luck 2.0 goes live in Japan after the show with the rest of the world next week

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Tekken X SF would be nice, too!

as would a new gen Street Fighter.........

and a new gen Soul Calibur.......

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
Tekken X SF would be nice, too!

as would a new gen Street Fighter.........

and a new gen Soul Calibur.......
agreed

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #8
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...nt-live-on-ign

Link and is up and its in English

Sony Japan as already talked more about the Vita here than the company has in any of the other shows this year


Last edited by Havok83; 09-17-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

so did they reveal anything yet?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
so did they reveal anything yet?
A bunch of Vita stuff but it was pretty much what they had at their pre show a few weeks ago

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
A bunch of Vita stuff but it was pretty much what they had at their pre show a few weeks ago
ah. ok.

but the real show doesn't actually start until Thursday, right?

so there's going to be more to come?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #12
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
ah. ok.

but the real show doesn't actually start until Thursday, right?

so there's going to be more to come?
thats what Im hearing. This was the Asia specific version of the Japanese focused pre-show they had earlier this month

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #13
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
thats what Im hearing. This was the Asia specific version of the Japanese focused pre-show they had earlier this month
ah. good! hope they talk about Update 2.0, too.

I'm actually more eager to hear about that.......lol.

I know that there will be plenty of games, but I want my media features d*** it!!

don't let the X1 have all the fun.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 09-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,654
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

FF XV trailer at this link

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/18...s-2014-trailer

eta:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Last edited by Havok83; 09-17-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #15
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
FF XV trailer at this link

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/18...s-2014-trailer

eta:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
It Lives!!!!

so........give us a release date window already..........

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #16
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

should've been exclusive

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #17
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
should've been exclusive
should've come out years ago..........

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
should've come out years ago..........
can't argue with you there but i would me more interested in the game if it was (still) exclusive

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #19
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
can't argue with you there but i would me more interested in the game if it was (still) exclusive
keeping this Sony exclusive would have been big........

heck, it's one of the main reasons why I bought my PS3 in the first place. it was in anticipation of this game, back when it was a PS3 exclusive.

but tbh.......I've kind of lost interest in the game after all this time.........

I'm frankly more interested in western RPGs and open world RPGs like Dragon Age, Fallout, Skyrim, etc. games where you can create your own protagonists instead of being stuck with an existing one.

that being said........Stella is hot!!
why can't she be the main protagonist instead of that Noctis guy.........

and it sucks that there are NO female party members!!!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 09-17-2014 at 10:32 PM.
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:29 AM   #20
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
keeping this Sony exclusive would have been big........

heck, it's one of the main reasons why I bought my PS3 in the first place. it was in anticipation of this game, back when it was a PS3 exclusive.

but tbh.......I've kind of lost interest in the game after all this time.........

I'm frankly more interested in western RPGs and open world RPGs like Dragon Age, Fallout, Skyrim, etc. games where you can create your own protagonists instead of being stuck with an existing one.

that being said........Stella is hot!!
why can't she be the main protagonist instead of that Noctis guy.........

and it sucks that there are NO female party members!!!
my main reason for buying a Ps3 was tekken 6. look how that turned out

it was also for gta 4. that's never been P.S exclusive but it was always timed and geez look how that turned out as well. ****.

and i don't blame you for losing interest. i know this one chick who bought her super slim Ps3 for (at the time) FFv13 and she was so pissed when it was announced retitled and redesigned for next gen lol. dunno what she makes of it now though

who's stella? and yeah yo Me2 is one of my favorite games ever. I was never into FFs but I would've gotten FF13 and v13 if they were exclusive because its those types of games that add value to your console, you know

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #21
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
my main reason for buying a Ps3 was tekken 6. look how that turned out

it was also for gta 4. that's never been P.S exclusive but it was always timed and geez look how that turned out as well. ****.

and i don't blame you for losing interest. i know this one chick who bought her super slim Ps3 for (at the time) FFv13 and she was so pissed when it was announced retitled and redesigned for next gen lol. dunno what she makes of it now though

who's stella? and yeah yo Me2 is one of my favorite games ever. I was never into FFs but I would've gotten FF13 and v13 if they were exclusive because its those types of games that add value to your console, you know
Stella is the blonde girl in the trailer ( Noctis' date ). You've seen her and Noctis interact in other trailers. They were ready to do battle with each other in the 1st trailer ( probably the reasoning behind the original Versus title ).

Indeed, especially in the prior trailers, I got a "Romeo and Juliet" vibe from them. That is, they love each other but they are on opposite/warring factions/families and are forced to fight each other.

Again, that did seem to be the underlying theme back when it was called Versus. who knows if that has changed now.

It would have been nice if you could have played the game from each character's perspective.

maybe if Stella becomes a popular character, she'll be the star in the sequel or get her own spin off.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #22
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

according to IGN comments, there's a game that's gonna be announced tonight or the 21st for this christmas that's gonna make people wanna buy a Ps4.

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #23
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15,063
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the game is terrible.

Nine years in the making is very rarely a good thing.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15,063
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

I have to say some of these new games do look pretty damn good graphically.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #25
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,863
Default Re: Sony Toky Game Show 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I'm going to laugh my ass off if the game is terrible.

Nine years in the making is very rarely a good thing.
what.....FFXV??

yeah.....as I said above, I've actually lost most interest in it.

for example, the new trailer they just showed didn't excite me at all.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.