The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 09-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Default all those "remastered" titles rendered useless for upgraders..

so this thread is primarily made to address games that've come out with remasters. FFS, MGS, GoW, and Tekken, to name a few. all of these series have come out with remastered HD versions on the Ps3, solely to be able to play the game in a better resolution.

But since those are running on Ps3 discs, they're useless to gamers who've upgraded to the Ps4. Which sucks... because a remastered collection of old classic playstation games, you'd want to be able to keep playing on the latest console. that was the whole point of all those remastered games for Ps3 wasn't it?

as i've stated with the halo collection, are they gonna just keep on remastering these games again and again every time a new platform is released? if they are, honestly, it feels like we're being cheated out of our money. for instance, if a Tekken Tag HD comes out for Ps4, I'd want it for free since i PAID already for Tekken Hybrid on Ps3. granted yes I also got TTT for Ps2 when that came out but there is at least a difference in that the new one was the HD version.

If it came out on Ps4 it would be the same thing twice. Does anybody get teh vibe I'm giving?

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

Default Re: all those "remastered" titles rendered useless for upgraders..

well, no one is forcing you to buy the remaster twice if it comes out for multiple generations.

I think these remasters appeal primarily to 2 audiences. Those who WANT to play the games again with better graphics on the newer consoles. And those who never played the games before and want to experience them for the 1st time on the newer consoles.

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
well, no one is forcing you to buy the remaster twice if it comes out for multiple generations.

I think these remasters appeal primarily to 2 audiences. Those who WANT to play the games again with better graphics on the newer consoles. And those who never played the games before and want to experience them for the 1st time on the newer consoles.
no one is forcing me to buy it but i don't want to HAVE to pay for it again, you know?

regarding what you said, i think a game like TLOUR is geared more towards the latter, and games like gow collection was for the former. but those who bought the gow collection, and if they come out with another such collection on Ps4, like... I'd be pissed off having to pay for it again just to be able to run it on my Ps4.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

What an awesome thread.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Either you buy the remastered or you don't, it's that simple. Case closed chief.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

You're basically saying wahhhhh I don't wanna pay again I should get it for free! Good luck with that.

Dats it!

Old 09-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
What an awesome thread.
can I just ask why you feel the need to act this way
Quote:
Either you buy the remastered or you don't, it's that simple. Case closed chief.
i'm going to but do you not see my point about paying for the same thing over and over again?
Quote:
You're basically saying wahhhhh I don't wanna pay again I should get it for free! Good luck with that.
at first things were tricky for Ps3 owners who got the retail edition of minecraft instead of the digital version, trying to get the $5 upgrade deal, but as far as I know it seems like it worked.

and wahhhhh it actually works sometimes, if you bought PSABR on Ps3 you get the vita version for free; there you don't have to pay for the same thing twice, so the concept isn't completely out of the ordinary. if they did release a digital version of tekken tag HD on the PS store for Ps4, they should at least make some sort of compensation just like mojang did for upgraders.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #8
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

It simply ends if you just decide not to pay again to rebuy it, if you do then that's on you.

Dats it!

Old 09-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #9
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

still ignoring my first question