The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite villain?
Cesar Romero as The Joker 51 39.53%
Burgess Meredith as The Penguin 43 33.33%
Julie Newmar as Catwoman 49 37.98%
Eartha Kitt as Catwoman 8 6.20%
Lee Meriwether as Catwoman 14 10.85%
Frank Gorshin as The Riddler 58 44.96%
John Astin as The Riddler 2 1.55%
George Sanders as Mr Freeze 11 8.53%
Otto Preminger as Mr Freeze 6 4.65%
Eli Wallach as Mr Freeze 8 6.20%
Cliff Robertson as Shame 2 1.55%
Vincent Price as Egghead 15 11.63%
Walter Slezak as The Clock King 3 2.33%
Malachi Throne as False Face 8 6.20%
David Wayne as The Mad Hatter 13 10.08%
Anne Baxter as Zelda 2 1.55%
Victor Buono as King Tut 19 14.73%
Shelley Winters as Ma Parker 3 2.33%
Liberace as Chandell/Harry 1 0.78%
Van Johnson as The Minstrel 0 0%
Art Carney as The Archer 3 2.33%
Carolyn Jones as Marsha Queen of Diamonds 3 2.33%
Tallulah Bankhead as The Black Widow 1 0.78%
Michael Rennie as The Sandman 1 0.78%
Maurice Evans as The Puzzler 2 1.55%
Milton Berle as Louie the Lilac 2 1.55%
Joan Collins as The Siren 2 1.55%
Ethel Merman as Lola Lasagne 1 0.78%
Rudy Valee as Lord Fog 0 0%
Glynis Johns as Lady Penelope Peasoup 1 0.78%
Ida Lupino as Dr Cassandra 2 1.55%
Zsa Zsa Gabor as Minerva 1 0.78%
Barbara Rush as Nora Clavicle 0 0%
Ann Baxter as Olga 1 0.78%
Roddy McDowell as The Bookworm 8 6.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #376
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

LMAO! Is that a real quote? I really hope it is, I can see Mayor West saying just that.

I love that this show comes on tv now. I don't watch it every day but I try to watch an episode or two a week, I love it! Recently watched the episode where Romero's Joker wears the same mask that Heath wears. So awesome!

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #377
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman-bat View Post
this is from mad magazine #322 (1993).
lol!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #378
Travesty
TEOL

Batsman!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #379
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
LMAO! Is that a real quote? I really hope it is, I can see Mayor West saying just that.
I wouldn't put it past West to say something like that. He was genuinely upset WB never asked him to be Batman when they were making Batman '89.

- The Joker
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #380
Kane52630
Nightcall User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #381
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post

I love that this show comes on tv now. I don't watch it every day but I try to watch an episode or two a week, I love it! Recently watched the episode where Romero's Joker wears the same mask that Heath wears. So awesome!
It's from MAD Magazine, so I would say no, it's not a real quote.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #382
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Que some celebrity sticking their head out a window to say hello.

- The Joker
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #383
Travesty
TEOL

I remember when I was 4-5 years old, and I would make a batarang with some kite string, and I always tried to grapple the side of our house or trees. My mom never even tried to stop me, she knew how silly of an attempt it was to begin with.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #384
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I wouldn't put it past West to say something like that. He was genuinely upset WB never asked him to be Batman when they were making Batman '89.
Yeah, Adam West was really upset. He said, ''It really disappointed me; I was angry. I wanted to do the film, but it wasn't in the cards. It's their ballgame, and they can do what they want. I'd written another Batman feature, and there was interest from some groups, but none of them could get the rights. So that's the way it goes. I'll live.''
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...michael-keaton

In January, 1993 Adam West also said, ''They have their vision - dark, kinky, nihilistic, violent - for whatever reason. We continue to have ours, which has worn very well for millions of viewers over the years. So even though they disregard, deprecate or even demean our television contribution and older movie, it seems to me that the indicators of success are with us.''
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ader-adam-west

In the '70s and '80s Adam West and Burt Ward continued to milk their Bat-fame, even making many public appearances as Batman and Robin in their costumes at car shows and county fairs, charging fans money for autographs.
In 1977 Adam West appeared on Memphis TV station WHBQ in his Batman cowl, where he had a campy improvisational argument with wrestler Jerry Lawler to promote a car show he was going to attend for an autograph signing.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also in 1977 Adam West and Burt Ward voiced Batman and Robin on The New Adventures of Batman TV cartoon show on CBS which lasted for 16 episodes.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In 1979 Adam West and Burt Ward appeared as Batman and Robin on Legends of the Superheroes two-part TV special on NBC.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

From 1984 to 1986 Adam West also voiced Batman on the Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show/The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians TV cartoon show on ABC.
Here are Adam West and Burt Ward again dressed as their Batman and Robin in 1986 at a car show signing autographs.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

By 1989, lawyers for Warner Brothers/DC forbade Adam West and Burt Ward from making more costumed public appearances as Batman and Robin to continue to cling to and milk their Bat-fame, while bitterly belittling Michael Keaton. Adam West said about Michael Keaton, ''I'm tempted to say that I don't know why in the hell he took the role.''
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...aton-adam-west

Adam and Burt Ward both said that the Batman movies should have starred them and been the return of their Batman and Robin. Burt Ward said in an interview published in Comics Interview #31 (1986), "Let's say they had a scene where it's been years and we get back together and the crime is very bad in Gotham City and we make that big decision to go back, right? And we run to the closet and open it and the dust billows out - you know you'd have people standing on the seats of those theaters screaming and cheering. These people in their infinite wisdom up at Warner Brothers are of the same mentality as the Lone Ranger people, the people who prevented the Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore) from even going out and shaking hands with kids. It was so sad the way they did it, and the American public was so angered that they really taught that company a lesson at the box office. Because the new Lone Ranger picture lost millions. Everybody was for the underdog, who was Clayton Moore. You take that on one hand, which seems to be the same mentality that Warner Brothers is espousing. And you compare that to what Paramount did with Star Trek. They used the originals. They even had a story that if Leonard Nimoy didn't come out in it, they figured they'd lose seven and a half million dollars. They did Star Trek I, and because they used the real people, they're now working on Star Trek IV. You'd think that would tell them something, but these guys are real hard-headed."

B i R D M A N
In theaters now.

Better Call Saul
On AMC in February.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 08-15-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #385
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

B i R D M A N
In theaters now.

Better Call Saul
On AMC in February.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 08-15-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #386
Kane52630
Nightcall User

I'm planning on going through the entire series once I finish up the 1942 and 49 Batman serials. Apparently someone uploaded the entire show on youtube, full episodes with no parts.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #387
Travesty
TEOL

Yeah, its all up on youtube. I finished watching the entire thing a few weeks ago.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #388
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMan-Bat View Post
Yeah, Adam West was really upset. He said, ''It really disappointed me; I was angry. I wanted to do the film, but it wasn't in the cards. It's their ballgame, and they can do what they want. I'd written another Batman feature, and there was interest from some groups, but none of them could get the rights. So that's the way it goes. I'll live.''
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...michael-keaton

In January, 1993 Adam West also said, ''They have their vision - dark, kinky, nihilistic, violent - for whatever reason. We continue to have ours, which has worn very well for millions of viewers over the years. So even though they disregard, deprecate or even demean our television contribution and older movie, it seems to me that the indicators of success are with us.''
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ader-adam-west
Yeah, back in those days he always gave the impression that he felt their interpretation of Batman was the only valid one. Or at least the only acceptable one.

I even remember Adam West's cameo in The Simpsons where he disses Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman by saying the only true Catwoman were the actresses from his show. He also dissed the bat suit saying he didn't need molded plastic to improve his physique; "Pure West".

I think his attitude has changed since then, and he seems more open and appreciative of the darker versions of Batman. I know he said he's a fan of Nolan's movies.

- The Joker
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #389
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Yeah, Adam doesn't seem so bitter and competitive about it anymore. Recently Adam West has said, "I think our Batman had to be fun, light-hearted, funny, tongue-in-cheek…and I think that made kind of an homage to those earlier comic books, where Batman always had a quip or something. Now if I were doing it today, I’d make changes, but I wouldn’t make it as violent, as loud, as noisy, with the explosives going on and on…the crashes…as what they’re doing now to try and titillate a younger, teenage audience. I wouldn’t do that. I’d just make the relationships more important."
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1342...view-adam-west
Adam West humoriously: "I look at [it] this way: They've got the Dark Knight, and I was the Bright Knight. Or maybe I was even ... the Neon Knight."
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2009/...am-west-bac-2/

B i R D M A N
In theaters now.

Better Call Saul
On AMC in February.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #390
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I wonder what Romero would said about Ledger's Joker if he was alive in 2008. I would liked seeing West and Romero doing darker version of Batman and Joker in 1970s

I am a Batmanite
Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #391
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Well he apparently wasn't a fan of how dark Jack Nicholson was... so I don't think he would have approved.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #392
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I wonder what Romero would said about Ledger's Joker if he was alive in 2008. I would liked seeing West and Romero doing darker version of Batman and Joker in 1970s
Nicholson played a darker version of Romero's Joker.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #393
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Nicholson played Nicholson in a clown make up. That's what makes his performance stellar ^^

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #394
theman
Banned User

even though im 25 i watched the 60's show when i was younger and enjoyed it though it was nothing like the movies. i just saw the 60's movie for the first time on bluray dvd, and i cant beleive it took me this long to see it! it was great! SOO funny! how can you not love it? its so great, totally enjoyed it. the shark explodeing..and the dialogue...LMAo!! the almost-human porpous thing was so hilarious that i had tears in my eyes "he gave his life....to save ours" HHAHHAHA!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #395
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Batman the movie is easily the best batmovie ever.

Share your ps4 videos
Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #396
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
I put the 60s movie up there with the Burton, Nolan flicks and BTAS. It's an excellent representation of the TV series and I love the adventurous vibe it has. It has a big scope and the other vehicles come out to play - the batmobile, batcopter, batboat and batcycle.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #397
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

You know, I'm not joking when I praise Batman 66. Also, it's very faithful to the comics.

Share your ps4 videos
Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #398
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
It's certainly one of my favorites. I bought it on blu-ray just like I did with the Burton and Nolan ones.

Which reminds me; theMan-Bat, do you know if there's any truth in the rumor that Burgess Meredith was going to play Penguin's dad in Batman Returns, but couldn't end up doing it because he was ill at the time?

Quote:
You know, I'm not joking when I praise Batman 66. Also, it's very faithful to the comics.
It's quite possibly the most faithful adaption of Batman ever put on screen. The only other adaption to give it a run for it's money in terms of faithfulness would be BTAS.

- The Joker
Old 08-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #399
theman
Banned User

i love pretty much all the movies and media of batman up to the recent flicks. nolans batman for me is not a good representation of batman at all, and though on this site i might be the minority, i dont really give a sh**.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #400
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I think your in the minority in general...

And yes, this is without a doubt THE most faithful adaptation of Batman from comics to the screen. With only a few liberties taken.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Closed Thread