The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 02-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #26
JPJappic
Side-Kick

Default Re: How can they call it First Class?

I think what bothers me about this new movie the most is the fact that I think Fox has squandered a very good opportunity to reboot the franchise and do it right WITH the real original five members of the X-Men.

I have no problem with the other X-Men movies.. to be honest I really enjoyed X-Men 3 however decisions were made to include / exclude characters from that movie (either thoughtfully or not so much) that by X3 many people felt it was a bit ridiculous. Some characters were overused.. some were not used enough.

This would have been a GREAT time to redo it all.. they are already dismissing Emma from X-Men Origins Wolverine and basically making stuff up as they go.. which is fine.. the movie universe is a different universe. I just think the movie could potentially do better if it had more recognizable characters.

I think this movie will probably do well. Generally fans tend to eat up anything that's thrown at them like Blob does... but things just could have been different. Almost everyone could have been pleased.

JPJappic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #27
Wefflehouse
Frick-frack

^If they rebooted the franchise, how would that have pleased everyone. What about the people who are fans of the current universe?

Wefflehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #28
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

And If they rebooted the X-Men I guarante you the first film would not be the original
Lineup.A reboot would Involve Wolverine and at least 1 other from when the X-Men became the top Comic.

If First Class Is successful we will likely see sequel jump ahead to when Cyclops and Jean are recruited and with last Stand most likely Ignored now a possibilty of Angel as well.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #29
Kingslayer
House Lannister

I don't think a reboot is the right answer either. I feel like people are too quick to dismiss how good the first two films are because of the more recent lackluster efforts from X3 and Wolverine.

I think reshaping the continuity by mostly ignoring X3 and Wolverine is a great approach, even if it may seem confusing. I should think fans of comics would be more than accustomed to continuity issues.

Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #30
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

So there seem to be various schools of thought...

1) Reboot it with the Original Five
2) Do what they are doing and okay with it and calling it First Class
3) Do what they are doing, but don't call it First Class cos it isn't

There are good arguments for all those options. What we are getting is option 2, but I can see the logic also for the other two options.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #31
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

If they had rebooted the franchise altogether, I'm almost certain the reboot wouldn't have been with the original five members.

They would've certainly added Storm, Wolverine, and possibly Emma Frost or someone else.

Why can't people seem to understand that the comic books and the movies are two different continuities. I think people get so caught up in what is and isn't in the comic's that they can't even let themselves enjoy great movies. (which is what the first two X-movies were).

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #32
Angamb
Banned User

First Class its a good tittle, yes.

But I agree with all the fans that hate the movie because this tittle.

First Class is a comic series, so to use the same tittle was a bad decision, in my opinion. Because this decision has create even more hate to Fox and to this prequel.

They could have used another tittle, so they fans wouldnt be complaining with the lack of Cyclops and Jean.

I would have liked another tittle, but anyway...

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #33
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
If they had rebooted the franchise altogether, I'm almost certain the reboot wouldn't have been with the original five members.

They would've certainly added Storm, Wolverine, and possibly Emma Frost or someone else.

Why can't people seem to understand that the comic books and the movies are two different continuities. I think people get so caught up in what is and isn't in the comic's that they can't even let themselves enjoy great movies. (which is what the first two X-movies were).
Thank you.I am so glad someone else sees the point I make when they keep saying a rebbot with the original five members should be made and the point Is no studio(Fox or Marvel) would do it with the original 5 only.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:10 AM   #34
combocaz
Side-Kick

Its just another made up Xmen from fox. Xmen has a strong fan base and they should make alot of $$$ out of any xmen movie they throw out there but it would'nt convince me that its the xmen ive read out of the comics.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #35
merbass
Side-Kick

I do not care what they call the movie but I am a big fan of the movie verse. If you want comic first class then read comic !

I want X-men first class movie focusing on the relationship between Charles and Erik with others mutants revolving around them !!!!

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:51 AM   #36
Angamb
Banned User

I cant wait to see this prequel.

Its just that I dont like to see so much hate on the net, althought the general audience is bigger than that.

But if Fox would have used another tittle, all these past months the net would have been anticipating this and loving each news released, instead of creating a bad buzz about it.

thanks Fox, the trailer has changed most of everyone's opinion.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #37
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Its just a schnazzy, easily marketable title that they had the rights to. Chillax.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #38
chaseter
Bland User

They should have called it X1/2

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #39
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: How can they call it First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Because they own the rights, because they suck, because they hate Cyclops and his fans.

That pretty much covers it I guess.

Oh and **** Bryan Singer. And they can all go to hell.

Okay, now that covers everything.
It's okay Kurosawa, I understand your pain and you're far from a troll. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind and not sugarcoating anything.

In all fairness, I won't say **** Bryan Singer. He did make X1/X2 which are, in my opinion, very excellent and emotional films that capture the themes of the X-Men including their struggles to be accepted. So I think he deserves a little more respect.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #40
Lord
All Mighty

It's technically the first class of x-men so the title makes sence.

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #41
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: How can they call it First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It's technically the first class of x-men so the title makes sence.
To the general audience yes, but given the continuity of the X-Men films it doesn't make any sense. Especially considering Xavier said Scott and Jean were some of his first students. I could understand if this the first team that Xavier puts together and it fails, thus we see Scott, Jean, and Storm introduced.

But as I said, the continuity in general is just messed up.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #42
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And If they rebooted the X-Men I guarante you the first film would not be the original
Lineup.A reboot would Involve Wolverine and at least 1 other from when the X-Men became the top Comic.

If First Class Is successful we will likely see sequel jump ahead to when Cyclops and Jean are recruited and with last Stand most likely Ignored now a possibilty of Angel as well.
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if Cyclops and/or Jean were left out of a First Class sequel.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #43
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

this is technically the first class, and charles and eric are part of the first class, they are shaping what will be the x-men

cyclops and jean are prof x's first students

no one knows how this film will end

GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #44
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Yeah yeah, we all know about the more famous original five from the first comic books, but with all of the retcons and research I've done, this movie is still very much based on a few comic-based, albeit not very well known amalgamations on some of Xavier's actual first X-Men team and of course, some of the timelines got moved around to fit in the series' continuity.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #45
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
To the general audience yes, but given the continuity of the X-Men films it doesn't make any sense. Especially considering Xavier said Scott and Jean were some of his first students. I could understand if this the first team that Xavier puts together and it fails, thus we see Scott, Jean, and Storm introduced.
That could really mean anything...

and it's not even clear if the kids in this movie are technically "students" of Xavier particularly.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #46
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Scott, Jean and Ororo would have had to join up in the 70s or 80s given their age. So I think either way the idea that they were some of Xavier's first students goes out the window since he was running around with students since the 60s. I wouldn't consider someone who came 10 or 20 years after my original students to be some of my first. You can argue that there may be a gap between this first batch of students and the team with Scott, Jean and Ororo but considering the sequel is supposedly going to take place in the 60s as well I doubt it. There is probably going to be a decent rotation of students up to whatever film they decide to put Scott, Jean and Ororo in (if the series even goes that far).

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:00 AM   #47
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
this is technically the first class, and charles and eric are part of the first class, they are shaping what will be the x-men

cyclops and jean are prof x's first students

no one knows how this film will end
How can you have a first class without students? How an you have a class without students? If it's a class and there are teachers how can Cyclops and Jean be amongst the first students? They can't be, hence the inconsistency with X1.

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #48
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
That could really mean anything...

and it's not even clear if the kids in this movie are technically "students" of Xavier particularly.
As I said before the 'X' logo for this film clearly states Xavier's School For The Gifted.

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:32 AM   #49
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I'd put this on the backburner until we find out more about all of this...

Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #50
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The first Class X-Men we are about to see on Screen are not Xavier's students but a team brought together.Beast was an original X-man.And both Banshee and Havoc
were created In the 1960's.

We not see the actual school for gifted youngsters till the third part of this trilogy
when they jump to 1980's.This Is when teenage Cyclops and Jean Grey would be
Introduced.

I could see Xavier after being crippled at end of First Class say at end of film to someone
he Is thinking about teaching and someone says I can't Imagne anyone calling you
Professor.And at end of second film decedes to start a school,and In third film you got some of what people wanted.Cyclops,Jean,Storm,and If they are totally Ignoring the
Last Stand Angel.