The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Exclamation Forum Warning

I am going to take my "fellow fanboy" hat off and put on my true-blood Red one here for a minute:

I am very quickly tiring of the lack of patience in this forum for anyone who has a different view from the majority.

I have seen several thread situations where there are 2 or 3 pages of users jump on the back of others who simply voice a differing opinion. As if to say, "If we just barrage him/her with comments and keep hitting them over their head with the thought that their views are misinformed/lame/stupid/narrow, etc., etc., they will eventually just shut up and stop raining on our Parade of Gushfest."

When did we get into the business of mass-conversion?

That has to stop.

Did you know that over the last several weeks, I have had a number of Hypesters PM me wishing they could voice their true thoughts here, but feel they have no place "against the current"? Yeah...For example, if one looks at our Front Page and reads the talk-back (which often comes from Non X-Forum Regulars) you'll find that some of the non-complimentary views about this Emma Frost character costume design are actually commonly shared by a lot of people. Yet, for some reason, they just don't feel they can speak up much in here on the forum. I wonder why that is?

Interestingly enough, I personally think the photographed costume is lackluster. But I had a chance to express that and actually experienced what some have complained about. I totally get why some are discouraged with both the production and not having the avenue "to vent" without being beat up. This makes posters--who often have very valid reasons for feeling the way they do--not want to come in here. Perhaps that's the goal here...I dunno.

However, I work here so...

...I am drawing the line in the mud now. I will never call anyone who loves this film a "sheep" or any other derrogatory term. That's both disrespectful and an insult to the intelligence. But by the same token, I will not tolerate a lack of patience with those who are not thrilled with the production either.

Imitate the X-Men--the characters we all love so dearly--by preserving tolerance for all, especially your peers.

Consider this a warning for all.


--Caliph

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,616
Default Re: Forum Warning

I honestly haven't seen any of what you're talking about. But, I guess I'm just blind and fappin' hard over this film. . .

There's a difference between not liking something and simply hating something and using ill-logic to confirm an opinion as fact. Someone like Blackman expressed how he wasn't liking how Emma was looking but understood that it was just a set photo and he was waiting it out. On the opposite side you have Billy who didn't like it and went on to make ignorant comments about the fashion of the time and how the entire film was basically stupid. A few posters countered his claim, and were then labeled as "gushers".

This cycle has always gone on over internet message boards. Actually it was the same during X3. The only difference was that you, Lightning, were looking forward to that film and your opinion on the "HATERS Vs LOVERS" was quite different than now, when you're not.

Haters gonna hate.
Lovers gonna love.

We have 9 months left. I doubt things will change anytime soon.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: Forum Warning

I'm having FF Forum flashbacks.



Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
JustABill
Slightly Used User.
 
JustABill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36,023
Default Re: Forum Warning

He has a point. I did get virtually attacked for sharing my opinion. I almost thought about just giving up on the Hype for a while because of it.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
Deaths Head II
The Sequel
 
Deaths Head II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,079
Default Re: Forum Warning

I echo JP's sentiment. I'm not fully impressed with the look but I don't feel scared to voice my dissatisfaction. In fact I feel more compelled to voice my dissatisfaction at some of the arguments against this film so far. I think it's too early to make any real conclusions from the outfit even if I'm not bedazzled by it and I find it strange other people are making odd conclusions. And if someone finds those conclusions to be odd and illogical I don't see why they shouldn't be able to counter them. Most of the supposed intolerance I've seen here is people going against the merits of a person's arguments against this film and not the person's actual opinion.

I wasn't here during X3 but I was during Wolverine and I didn't think the atmosphere around there was any friendlier. In fact after the leak it was pretty toxic. If people are feeling persecuted now I wonder how bad things are get when info really starts coming out.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Ellis
Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,616
Default Re: Forum Warning

Where was this concern back when the Singer interview came out and EVERYONE was unhappy except for a select few posters? I certainly wasn't crying about my opinion not being respected.

Heck, I've been debating issues with this film since May. So, to pretend that everyone on this forum is suddenly in love and looking forward to it is an utter lie.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,241
Default Re: Forum Warning

Reminds me of the bandwagoning thread....

And like LS said, the "majority" is not really the "majority", it's just the people who post ALOT

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,304
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I wasn't here during X3 but I was during Wolverine and I didn't think the atmosphere around there was any friendlier. In fact after the leak it was pretty toxic. If people are feeling persecuted now I wonder how bad things are get when info really starts coming out.
I was new here during X3. And it wasn't any better then.

People should feel free to post negative opinions. And it's weird to be posting that, because I feel 99% of what goes on here are negative opinions.

But on that same note, it also seems to me that any sort of cautious optimism about this movie is greeted with daily reminders that "FOX IS TEH DEVIL!!" and that anyone hoping this one might turn out all right is wasting their time.

And it's entirely within the realm of possibility that this movie will suck. Because, you know...Fox actually is the devil. But we're not going to shut down all discussions in anticipation of the possible suckage. Positive opinions should be as welcome as negative opinions.

Frankly, I'd rather just see some real discussion of the film rather than go through the evil Fox rounds again and again.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I was new here during X3. And it wasn't any better then.

People should feel free to post negative opinions. And it's weird to be posting that, because I feel 99% of what goes on here are negative opinions.

But on that same note, it also seems to me that any sort of cautious optimism about this movie is greeted with daily reminders that "FOX IS TEH DEVIL!!" and that anyone hoping this one might turn out all right is wasting their time.

And it's entirely within the realm of possibility that this movie will suck. Because, you know...Fox actually is the devil. But we're not going to shut down all discussions in anticipation of the possible suckage. Positive opinions should be as welcome as negative opinions.

Frankly, I'd rather just see some real discussion of the film rather than go through the evil Fox rounds again and again.
I forgot to close this thread; I didn't intend for a discussion. But it may be healthy to "vent this out" so I guess I'll let it stay open.

I think that you've hit the nail on the head. Given the pluses of this film's production (director, writers, theme, etc.), I believe that if it was being made by another studio ALL of us would be united in optimism. Why? Because it'd be undiscovered territory again...not retreaded territory.

However, there are a LOT of people who are dissapointed with the past--burned by it even. It seems that that number has grown in recent months/years. I distinctly remember a time when Bryan Singer was revered by these fanbases. He was beloved. Then he made SR and his stock dropped here. In other words, times have changed.

We're in a new reality. Some of us who were on one side of the fence have a different viewpoint now. The issue is, how do we maintain the same respect and harmony that we all had before while still incorporating these differences now.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #10
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,304
Default Re: Forum Warning

There was respect and harmony before?

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
The only difference was that you, Lightning, were looking forward to that film and your opinion on the "HATERS Vs LOVERS" was quite different than now, when you're not.
No it wasn't.

I've always been able to see both the good and the bad with any production and acknowlege it freely. These studios are not paying me s***. So it takes nothing from me to either embrace something or discard it. Even with this production I've given commendation when I felt it was merited, and I've expressed dislike for things I didn't care for (like that damn super-puff Emma hat).

I would still make a "50 Things Going Right" thread for any movie if I believed there were actually 50 positives to list. After all, it's all conjecture and opinion anyway. Now, will this one get something like that from me? Perhaps. I dunno.

It has to give me 50 things first (or even less). And that's fair.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #12
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
There was respect and harmony before?
Of course!

We served cakes of sunshine and happiness for months around these here Mutant Parts. Didn't you get a slice?

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #13
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,304
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Of course!

We served cakes of sunshine and happiness for months around these here Mutant Parts. Didn't you get a slice?
I got called a b**** on here once. That didn't come with cake.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,616
Default Re: Forum Warning

I have diabetes. No cake for me. D:

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I got called a b**** on here once. That didn't come with cake.
Tell me who it was. I will ban their ass retroactively.

Eat cake.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #16
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 69,298
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I am going to take my "fellow fanboy" hat off and put on my true-blood Red one here for a minute:

I am very quickly tiring of the lack of patience in this forum for anyone who has a different view from the majority.

I have seen several thread situations where there are 2 or 3 pages of users jump on the back of others who simply voice a differing opinion. As if to say, "If we just barrage him/her with comments and keep hitting them over their head with the thought that their views are misinformed/lame/stupid/narrow, etc., etc., they will eventually just shut up and stop raining on our Parade of Gushfest."

When did we get into the business of mass-conversion?

That has to stop.

Did you know that over the last several weeks, I have had a number of Hypesters PM me wishing they could voice their true thoughts here, but feel they have no place "against the current"? Yeah...For example, if one looks at our Front Page and reads the talk-back (which often comes from Non X-Forum Regulars) you'll find that some of the non-complimentary views about this Emma Frost character costume design are actually commonly shared by a lot of people. Yet, for some reason, they just don't feel they can speak up much in here on the forum. I wonder why that is?

Interestingly enough, I personally think the photographed costume is lackluster. But I had a chance to express that and actually experienced what some have complained about. I totally get why some are discouraged with both the production and not having the avenue "to vent" without being beat up. This makes posters--who often have very valid reasons for feeling the way they do--not want to come in here. Perhaps that's the goal here...I dunno.

However, I work here so...

...I am drawing the line in the mud now. I will never call anyone who loves this film a "sheep" or any other derrogatory term. That's both disrespectful and an insult to the intelligence. But by the same token, I will not tolerate a lack of patience with those who are not thrilled with the production either.

Imitate the X-Men--the characters we all love so dearly--by preserving tolerance for all, especially your peers.

Consider this a warning for all.


--Caliph


cool edited post

__________________
Design of Chaos

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #17
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
He has a point. I did get virtually attacked for sharing my opinion. I almost thought about just giving up on the Hype for a while because of it.
I didn't see you being attacked at all.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #18
JustABill
Slightly Used User.
 
JustABill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36,023
Default Re: Forum Warning

I seem to recall alot ''haters gonna hate".

But whatever, I'm over it.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #19
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Forum Warning

There's never been harmony in this forum - people will disagree, even argue. But that's the point of this forum. As long as it doesn't get personal, a heated debate should be no problem at all.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #20
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,616
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
There's never been harmony in this forum - people will disagree, even argue. But that's the point of this forum. As long as it doesn't get personal, a heated debate should be no problem at all.
Yeah. Really.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #21
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Forum Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
I seem to recall alot ''haters gonna hate".

But whatever, I'm over it.
I believe it was "Bill's gonna Bill!" Yes, I know the phrases mean the same exact thing, but it was obviously a joke!

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 AM   #22
JustABill
Slightly Used User.
 
JustABill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36,023
Default Re: Forum Warning

Bill's gonna Bill? Doesn't make sense. I don't hate on everything.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #23
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Forum Warning

for the love of god i cant see what there is to complain about on emma frost costume

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:43 AM   #24
JustABill
Slightly Used User.
 
JustABill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36,023
Default Re: Forum Warning

Emma Frost is a sexual being, January Jones is a beautiful girl. The first shot of her Emma we get? She's in a coat that is very prudish and not sexy in the slightest.

I'm aware she probably won't be wearing the coat the entire movie, but it's still an awful look for Emma Frost.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #25
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Forum Warning

She looked mighty sexy.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.