Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Default Re: Dmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
I don't care how he looks, I'm not ****ing him.

The trailer was pretty cool, loved the scene at the end when he's hacking a cigarette on top of that gargoyle.

because the only time you should care how someone looks is if you are going to have sex with them...wow.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #27
Paroxysm
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-X View Post

because the only time you should care how someone looks is if you are going to have sex with them...wow.
Dude, it's a game. Who cares what Dante looks like, you should be happy to play another DMC game. I personally can't get enough the series.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #28
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

There aren't certain looks established for certain characters. 4 games in and Dante has always been white haired.

This is like making Storm a brunette in an X-Men movie. It doesn't work.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #29
Paroxysm
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
There aren't certain looks established for certain characters. 4 games in and Dante has always been white haired.

If the aesthetics bother you then don't play it.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #30
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post

again thats assuming this is the same character, which we do not know yet. Even so, its a reboot, not a sequel. Reboot implies a reimagining of a series. Having certain ties and elements but not necesarily constrained to the previous continuity and aesthetics of what came before. I think with that in mind you just have to change your expectations of what this game is supposed to be bc from whats been released so far, its not Devil May Cry 5, the next tale in Dante's (DMC1-4) saga

Old 09-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #31
King K
DCU Online

It is a reboot after all. Like the Prince of Persia (2008) reboot, if this sucks Capcom can just sweep it under the floor and announce DMC5.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #32
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
Dude, it's a game. Who cares what Dante looks like, you should be happy to play another DMC game. I personally can't get enough the series.

DMC2 says hello.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #33
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by King K View Post
It is a reboot after all. Like the Prince of Persia (2008) reboot, if this sucks Capcom can just sweep it under the floor and announce DMC5.
good comparison. Just like that game, the main character had the same name but absolutely no connection to the Prince which came before him. It could very well be the same with this Dante

Old 09-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #34
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Devil May Cry is my favorite video game series of all time. I will remain as objective as possible. Everything besides the look of the character seems to be either ok to awesome. His new shifting weapon is pretty awesome. He still has some of his cocky attitude like the part where he burns an enemy with a cigarette. Him being captured I have no problem with because the main bad guy could have had him under some sort of demonic spell to keep him there. I doubt just chains are giving Dante trouble.

That said the look of the character is terrible and I'm not sure that a reboot is the right way to go with this series with so many story and gameplay opportunities still available in the old series. I'm going to hate having to play as someone who looks like a twilight reject. Hopefully they change it before the game comes out. They've made similar changes before DMC2 and DMC4. And we also haven't seen any gameplay yet, they haven't given us any reason to worry but this is a different developer. We'll just have to wait and see. Right now, I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edit: I've watched the trailer four times now, the problem with the new Dante look isn't the costume, it's the face and hair. The two tone color scheme for his hair screams annoying emo but his personality in the trailer doesn't reflect that. Hopefully that's true for the rest of the game and we get a Dante that isn't a whiny nuisance. Anytime they stray too far from what makes Dante great bad things happen. The problem with the face might be that the first time you see it is in a security camera and it doesn't look right. Later in the trailer it looks fine.

Last edited by taskmaster; 09-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #35
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

This is a god damn Greek tragedy....A reboot? With a young Dante, with a BLACK HAIR?

As a hardcore DMC fan, I must say I am extremely displeased with this.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #36
ironwez20
Side-Kick

Why make a twilight edward cullen, Dont they know only girls like edward cullen ? The fans and major gamers are so mad right now. I mean this is bigger then the cole design issue. How dare you chage a beloved character. Its like changing sonic green and making him a pig, or mario a good looking inshape guy it doesnt work.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #37
Nathan

It wouldn't matter. No one would want to have sex with them. So any design changes are ok.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #38
zenith16
Side-Kick

I got the feeling this guy just thinks he's Dante. and Dante will eventually show him self and they are just doing this to get you all stirred up. They think by any interest you show it's has you at least talking about DMC again(even if its tripping about change) and in their view it's working.

It's probably a sneaky new way for a new co op or multi player(latter has yet to be introduced) with a new character. some how. ok maybe just co op.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #39
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

I'm not too pleased with the design of Dante in this game, I'm hoping that this is just an early design and they will go back and change him to what is more recognizable. I'm not buying the "younger Dante" thing either, I thought Devil May Cry 3 had a younger Dante.....smh

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #40
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
I'm not too pleased with the design of Dante in this game, I'm hoping that this is just an early design and they will go back and change him to what is more recognizable. I'm not buying the "younger Dante" thing either, I thought Devil May Cry 3 had a younger Dante.....smh

This game is a reboot. It isn't tied in with the others.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #41
venom892
Got Lucky

I really see no reason to reboot the franchise.There was still a wealth of material to explore,

Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #42
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskmaster View Post
This game is a reboot. It isn't tied in with the others.

I understand that it's a reboot, but there was never really a closing to the previous series. Now, they're just rebooting everything, I kinda didn't see the need to reboot the franchise. If Capcom wanted to reboot a game, it should be Megaman, for the simple fact that there are multiple incarnations, and with the new generation of gamers, alot of them may not be familiar with the original Megaman.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #43
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

It looks pretty fun. But I have a feeling they'll change the design just like what happened with InFamous 2.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #44
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
I understand that it's a reboot, but there was never really a closing to the previous series. Now, they're just rebooting everything, I kinda didn't see the need to reboot the franchise. If Capcom wanted to reboot a game, it should be Megaman, for the simple fact that there are multiple incarnations, and with the new generation of gamers, alot of them may not be familiar with the original Megaman.
Oh, I agree that reboot the franchise wasn't really necessary. I was just pointing out that young Dante being in DMC3 doesn't really have any bearing on what happens in this game.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #45
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

Devil may cry indeed...

Devil may cry: COS IM SO ****ING EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate hate hate iiiiiiiiiit.

also we have had the younger Dante before....why make him more younger?
I wanna know what's up with Nero and that whole Virgil thing!!!!

"Madam, I am a professional. The Key to my release is under this pillow."

Add me on Playstation Network!
Avvy By
Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #46
zenith16
Side-Kick

As I said before I bet it'll turn out it's not dante at all it's all to get you all talking. it's a guy that thinks he's dante. cause he has freaky powers and has know clue who he really is.

This is what capcom put out it's from Giant Bomb.
Quote:
Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmC will retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment.
as shown here. Ninja Theory Is Definitely Developing A New Devil May Cry

If I were you all I'd go with the nothing is as it seems phrase there.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #47
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

Refresh my memory because I refuse to watch the trailer again, Do we see the kid say "Dante" or is it in a voice over?

Avvy By
Old 09-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #48
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha_itachi View Post
Devil may cry indeed...

Devil may cry: COS IM SO ****ING EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate hate hate iiiiiiiiiit.

also we have had the younger Dante before....why make him more younger?
I wanna know what's up with Nero and that whole Virgil thing!!!!
What in the trailer made him seem emo besides his new look? Nothing he did in the trailer could be termed as emo. You are over reacting. Dante's look has changed after the initial trailer two times before in DMC2 and DMC4. Calm down and wait until we have some more information.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #49
Timstuff
Banned User

I'm not digging Dante's new look, but I am excited to see what Ninja Theory can do with this franchise. There's still plenty of time for them to hammer down what direction they want to go with the game.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #50
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

According to IGN it's a reboot...

Avvy By
Closed Thread