Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #51
ironwez20
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskmaster View Post
What in the trailer made him seem emo besides his new look? Nothing he did in the trailer could be termed as emo. You are over reacting. Dante's look has changed after the initial trailer two times before in DMC2 and DMC4. Calm down and wait until we have some more information.
yea it might have changed but at least it kept the look and feel of dante and his signature white hair. This guy looks like edward cullen trying to be badass and he does look emo or punk rockish. He's all skinny and looks like he's about to cry.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #52
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwez20 View Post
yea it might have changed but at least it kept the look and feel of dante and his signature white hair. This guy looks like edward cullen trying to be badass and he does look emo or punk rockish. He's all skinny and looks like he's about to cry.
Yep, you know his entire personality from a minute and a half trailer where he barely speaks. I agree that his new look isn't good. What I'm telling you is to stop over reacting and realize by the time the game comes out that he won't look like that anymore. Also, this is a reboot, not everything is going to be the same. As for the hair, on the back of New Dante's head there is some white showing, there are various theories as to why this is. Considering this is a reboot and the game is set while Dante is young, his hair may be turning white as his powers develop. The point is we don't know what's going on yet and all of the whining is premature.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #53
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

There is prolly gonna be an overwhelming backlash over this "new" look for Dante. After playing 4 games with him looking a certain way, it's hard to accept this new take on Dante. The same things that some people think are nitpicky are the very same things that make the character (i.e. hair).

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #54
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

I'm just kinda confused as to why capcom felt the need to reboot the series.....there was still so much unanswered, so I'm kinda upset about that, and the new dante as well, heres hoping the game is good enough to make me like the reboot

Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #55
Capt Throbberson
Side-Kick

That's the character designer. Self-Inserts are bad enough, but holy ****, don't **** up an existing character to do so.

And I'm not even that big a fan of Dante

Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #56
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

What's worse is that Ninja Theory is behind this, and appearantly Capcom didn't learn anything from Bionic Commando or Dark Void.

Don't expect anything grand when you give your franchises over to mediocre devs. I am quite surprised they are doing this with Devil May Cry though.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #57
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

heavenly sword was a pretty good game tho, and I think enslaved looks pretty cool too, I wouldn't say ninja theory is a mediocre dev

Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #58
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Yeah, I agree, I wouldn't either. Heavenly Sword wasn't awesome or anything, but it was good, and showed potential. And since that's literally the only thing we have to judge them on...I think it's premature to label them medoicre.

Anyway, posted this in the lounge in response to someone else:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Well, there's not been any gameplay yet, but I think it's easy to understand why fans aren't fond of it. The tone feels totally different, feels like it's trying to go down that edgy, angsty for the sake of edge and angst path. The other games always had this somewhat tongue-in-cheek feel to it, even in the more 'serious' moments, and the trailer just lacks that. And, yeah, the character does look totally different. Sure, it's suppose to be young Dante, but he doesn't even look like that really (the hair isn't dyed, it's a demon thing). Maybe it's before the demon blood kicks in or something, so maybe he'll transform a little, who knows. That, and we've already kind of done the delve into Dante's past thing with DMC3. So, it just seems like a very wonky direction. Unless this is a reboot or something, which maybe it is.

Of course, those kinds of games are basically 90% gameplay, so hopefully that's up to par.
I'll also add that with the release of Bayonetta, this game has a lot to try and top I think.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 10-09-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #59
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Throbberson View Post

That's the character designer. Self-Inserts are bad enough, but holy ****, don't **** up an existing character to do so.

HOLY ****ING WOW.

Really? SERIOUSLY?

Old 09-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #60
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

by all accounts it is indeed a reboot tron bonne, I'm upset b/c I feel there was still plenty to adress in the dmc universe, and they just decided to start all over w/o any real closure, and I get that bayanetta is a good game but I dont see it as insurmountable, either way its still probably gonna be the same type of game, I'm just really confused with the decision to reboot

Old 09-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #61
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Is it meant as a reboot? I thought it was just another prequel or something, but I can see reboot there.

And I wasn't saying Bayonetta was insurmountable, but it's the action beat'em up to beat at this point. I assume this will be in the same genre

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #62
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

that's what all the articles are saying, unless they`re jumping the gun

Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #63
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Ah, I was not aware. Well, that certainly changes my feelings on the subject.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #64
King K
DCU Online

Quote:

Tameem Antoniades: "Can I put myself in Heavenly Sword?"
Sony: "No."

Tameem Antoniades: "Can I put myself in Enslaved???!!"
Namco: "No."

Tameem Antoniades: "Can I put myself in the DMC Reboot???!"
Capcom: "SURE!"

Old 09-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #65
Green Ghost
Side-Kick

Quote:

oh wow, this is just sad...

Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #66
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Story Details:

Quote:
The new game will "depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmC will retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment."
Source: http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-new-d...d-183960.phtml

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

The actual title is DmC spelled and capped like that

Ah well, the games have always been about gameplay over story, so I'll wait for that to come before complete dismissal. Though, I must say, this is a very bizarre and out there direction for them to take this franchise.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #68
Slick
Monster King

I think folks should read this.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1121258p1.html

Old 09-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #69
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
The actual title is DmC spelled and capped like that

Ah well, the games have always been about gameplay over story, so I'll wait for that to come before complete dismissal. Though, I must say, this is a very bizarre and out there direction for them to take this franchise.
I will say that Capcom rebooting this franchise was completely out of the blue. Even after watching the teaser numerous times, its hard for me to accept this character as the "new" Dante. I can deal with the emaciated look, but he still needs to retain his hairstyle IMO

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #70
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I think folks should read this.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1121258p1.html
Eh, I think the guy is pretty off. That character that we see is not badass in the same context that Dante was (from what we saw, it's hard to tell either way really), and it doesn't help that the trailer came off a little too angsty for its own good. But, it's a reboot, so it's pretty free game.

And his logic is a little loopy. The series started getting stale at the fourth one? That was the last one in the series. Was he implying it was so stale it staled out the entire franchise in one big swoop? I can agree it was a little lacking, but not that lacking by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
I will say that Capcom rebooting this franchise was completely out of the blue. Even after watching the teaser numerous times, its hard for me to accept this character as the "new" Dante. I can deal with the emaciated look, but he still needs to retain his hairstyle IMO
Yeah, it's a pretty big change in design. I don't think it's hard to understand why some people aren't so fond of it.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #71
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-X View Post
how is it possible that you missed I put that up on the freaking front page already? lol how? How? HOW?????

As for what's slick put up. how does that guy that made that article thin? people will agree with him? and think that what he said people will just go ok your right I'll just drop all my feelings and reservations about this change to how the character was supposed to have be born looking story wise? what's wrong with this guy.

I'm going with the things are never what they seem theme in this .

Any ways let just wait til Capcom explains them selves.

Last edited by zenith16; 09-16-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #72
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Eh, I think the guy is pretty off. That character that we see is not badass in the same context that Dante was (from what we saw, it's hard to tell either way really), and it doesn't help that the trailer came off a little too angsty for its own good. But, it's a reboot, so it's pretty free game.

And his logic is a little loopy. The series started getting stale at the fourth one? That was the last one in the series. Was he implying it was so stale it staled out the entire franchise in one big swoop? I can agree it was a little lacking, but not that lacking by any means.

Yeah, it's a pretty big change in design. I don't think it's hard to understand why some people aren't so fond of it.
I think he meant "stale" due to the fact that the game did not have you play as Dante the whole game. I didn't have a problem with that at all, the story was interesting. IMO, I think it's necessary to reboot a franchise IF the franchise has already ended. DMC4 did not close out anything in regards to Dante's quest.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #73
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
how is it possible that you missed I put that up on the freaking front page already? lol how? How? HOW?????
Because he didn't, you didn't even post on the first page

Quote:
I think he meant "stale" due to the fact that the game did not have you play as Dante the whole game. I didn't have a problem with that at all, the story was interesting. IMO, I think it's necessary to reboot a franchise IF the franchise has already ended. DMC4 did not close out anything in regards to Dante's quest.
Oh well, if that's what he meant, it's even dumber than what I thought...

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #74
ironwez20
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskmaster View Post
Yep, you know his entire personality from a minute and a half trailer where he barely speaks. I agree that his new look isn't good. What I'm telling you is to stop over reacting and realize by the time the game comes out that he won't look like that anymore. Also, this is a reboot, not everything is going to be the same. As for the hair, on the back of New Dante's head there is some white showing, there are various theories as to why this is. Considering this is a reboot and the game is set while Dante is young, his hair may be turning white as his powers develop. The point is we don't know what's going on yet and all of the whining is premature.
As a matter fact i do know how this will turn out and judging by the 1min trailer i seee dante smoking and looking like a scrawny emo. The original dante was an icon no neeed to change his traits or personality.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #75
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because he didn't, you didn't even post on the first page

Oh it's cause it's on page 2 tron but I did post that long before he did. I know it's hard for some people to back track . But seriously we haven't gone passed 13 pages yet . it's just still odd to me how though.

Last edited by zenith16; 09-16-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread