Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #76
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Eh, I think the guy is pretty off. That character that we see is not badass in the same context that Dante was (from what we saw, it's hard to tell either way really), and it doesn't help that the trailer came off a little too angsty for its own good. But, it's a reboot, so it's pretty free game.

And his logic is a little loopy. The series started getting stale at the fourth one? That was the last one in the series. Was he implying it was so stale it staled out the entire franchise in one big swoop? I can agree it was a little lacking, but not that lacking by any means.

Yeah, it's a pretty big change in design. I don't think it's hard to understand why some people aren't so fond of it.
And remember how bad dmc2 was? and yet they rebounded from it and made one of my favorite games ever in dmc3, and 4 was still a pretty good game in it's own right, the series wasn't getting stale, it still sold well and received critical acclaim, I really am just dumbfounded as to why they decided to reboot, I for the life of me can't understand it, I just can't

Old 09-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #77
Casius--J
Web Master

Just checked out the trailer, seriously who the **** was that??? Not feeling the new look or tone at all. But I guess I should keep an open mind and see how it turns out.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #78
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
Just checked out the trailer, seriously who the **** was that??? Not feeling the new look or tone at all. But I guess I should keep an open mind and see how it turns out.
I doubt Capcom will change it

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #79
Firm18
Side-Kick

Fan od DMC here and to be honest, I love where this is going.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #80
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
And remember how bad dmc2 was? and yet they rebounded from it and made one of my favorite games ever in dmc3, and 4 was still a pretty good game in it's own right, the series wasn't getting stale, it still sold well and received critical acclaim, I really am just dumbfounded as to why they decided to reboot, I for the life of me can't understand it, I just can't
Well, even though I do disagree with this guy, I do think DMC4 showed a distinct lack of direction with the franchise. They had a chance to be Bayonetta, to take the genre to the next level of crazy and fun, in the next generation of consoles, but they flopped it. The game was good, but it just wasn't what it should've been. And all the stuff with Nero was just wonky. I was okay with the character all, but I'm still completely at a lose for why they decided to utilize him in the way they ultimately did.

I think Capcom just doesn't know what to do with the franchise and is looking for a new, more mainstream, direction for it.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #81
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Well, even though I do disagree with this guy, I do think DMC4 showed a distinct lack of direction with the franchise. They had a chance to be Bayonetta, to take the genre to the next level of crazy and fun, in the next generation of consoles, but they flopped it. The game was good, but it just wasn't what it should've been. And all the stuff with Nero was just wonky. I was okay with the character all, but I'm still completely at a lose for why they decided to utilize him in the way they ultimately did.

I think Capcom just doesn't know what to do with the franchise and is looking for a new, more mainstream, direction for it.
I'm suprised you didn't like DMC 4 that much Tronne, but oh well to each his own I guess. I still think they should have just went ahead and rebooted something else like Megaman, DMC really didn't need it

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #82
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I did like it, but like I said, it should've been more. It should've done for the next gen consoles what the original DMC did for the PS2 era. It should've been Bayonetta; I wanted to come back from it and say, 'This is the next level of action beat'em up'. For that, yeah, I did feel it was kind of lacking, but I did enjoy it. I did log something around 60-70 hours into it, after all

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #83
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwez20 View Post
As a matter fact i do know how this will turn out and judging by the 1min trailer i seee dante smoking and looking like a scrawny emo. The original dante was an icon no neeed to change his traits or personality.
So you've played the game already? How about you tells us how the story ends. What are some of new Dante's moves? How many weapons are there? What other characters show up? How many boss fights? Who's the main villain? Oh wait, you can't tell me any of those things because the game hasn't been released yet and you don't know.

Quote:
I did like it, but like I said, it should've been more. It should've done for the next gen consoles what the original DMC did for the PS2 era. It should've been Bayonetta; I wanted to come back from it and say, 'This is the next level of action beat'em up'. For that, yeah, I did feel it was kind of lacking, but I did enjoy it. I did log something around 60-70 hours into it, after all
I personally feel that DMC 4 went too far in the campy direction. For DMC3 it made sense because it was portraying a younger Dante but in the fourth one it got sort of tedious. Now they're going too far in the other direction. But people play these games for the gameplay and we haven't seen any of that yet. Hopefully it'll turnout alright.

Last edited by taskmaster; 09-16-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #84
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Oh ok, I get where you're coming from. Well, aside from the teaser that we got, this game wont be out for a while, I think the design change to Dante will eventually grow on fans. This may very well be that next gen DMC that we've been wanting

Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #85
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
I doubt Capcom will change it
I doubt they will either, but I meant lets see how the game play looks and what modes will be available.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #86
블라스
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm18 View Post
Fan od DMC here and to be honest, I love where this is going.
Wait a minute...

You're....open-minded about this and would rather wait to see the game before *****ing and moaning?

GET HIM!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #87
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Yeah, he's just like what several other people have already said, dammit Or maybe even loving it absolutely before seeing anything, which is about the same as absolutely hating it before seeing anything substantial, dammit

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #88
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
how is it possible that you missed I put that up on the freaking front page already? lol how? How? HOW?????
...the hell are you talking about. You don't have a single post on the first page.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #89
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Has anyone played Heavenly Sword? I don't own a PS3 and was wondering if it was any good. I want to see the new DMC developers track record.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #90
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskmaster View Post
Has anyone played Heavenly Sword? I don't own a PS3 and was wondering if it was any good. I want to see the new DMC developers track record.
It's not great or anything, but yea, it's pretty good. At the very least, I felt like it showed good potentially. It's closer to GOW than DMC, however, so I'm not sure how much a gauge that is right now.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #91
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
It's not great or anything, but yea, it's pretty good. At the very least, I felt like it showed good potentially. It's closer to GOW than DMC, however, so I'm not sure how much a gauge that is right now.
Hopefully they won't change the gameplay as much as the art direction and tone. That's when I'd start to get a little worried. I wouldn't mind them adding new things but there is a basic framework for how DMC games should play and they shouldn't deviate too much from it. This game is only their fourth game, I think, so hopefully it'll be the one where they get to show their full potential.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #92
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-X View Post
...the hell are you talking about. You don't have a single post on the first page.
I already answerd that dang it. it's on page 2 222222222222222222222

lol

Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #93
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Quote:

hey I felt dmc4 couldve been better too, but my point was that they've rebounded from a bad apple in the series (DMC2) and went on to make great/good games (DMC 3 and 4, respectively), so it's not like they needed to reboot the series to do that again

Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #94
ironwez20
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskmaster View Post
So you've played the game already? How about you tells us how the story ends. What are some of new Dante's moves? How many weapons are there? What other characters show up? How many boss fights? Who's the main villain? Oh wait, you can't tell me any of those things because the game hasn't been released yet and you don't know.

I personally feel that DMC 4 went too far in the campy direction. For DMC3 it made sense because it was portraying a younger Dante but in the fourth one it got sort of tedious. Now they're going too far in the other direction. But people play these games for the gameplay and we haven't seen any of that yet. Hopefully it'll turnout alright.
Yea your totally missing my point. Im not judgint the game, im judging the character. I have no problem with the gameplay or whatever, what bothers me is the look of dante and before i buy or have my final say in anything im gonna wait for more info to show up.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #95
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Throbberson View Post

That's the character designer. Self-Inserts are bad enough, but holy ****, don't **** up an existing character to do so.

And I'm not even that big a fan of Dante
gotta be honest, at first i thought taking Dante in such a drastic visual direction was kind of cool. i didn't like his look, but i admired that they were trying something different...

...but after reading and seeing that the lead designer is so pompous as to make Dante look like himself, i totally hate the way this game is going. i can't believe Capcom and Ninja Theory would allow something like that. if i were one of the concept artists working under that guy i would've quit as soon as i saw what he was trying to do. i hope Capcom/Ninja Theory see the humongous fan backlash and fires this dumbass.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #96
Soapy
It's happening again...

Every time I see this thread I'm delighted by the thought of a Run DMC video game. But then I remember, "Oh yeah...Devil May Cry." and then I'm bummed out.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #97
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
hey I felt dmc4 couldve been better too, but my point was that they've rebounded from a bad apple in the series (DMC2) and went on to make great/good games (DMC 3 and 4, respectively), so it's not like they needed to reboot the series to do that again
I have no doubt of that myself; I don't think they couldn't have bounced back from DMC4. My point was that I think Capcom just didn't have a real direction in mind to take the series. And when you don't have a direction to go you either 1) Give it up for awhile or 2) You bring in someone to hopefully revitalize it. Well, or 3) just keep churning out half-assed attempts from the series

Quote:
Old 09-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #98
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

I think it was fine though. Yeah they messes up but they could easily come up with a story.
The next one should of been about Virgil's return and finding out Nero's connection to him and such.

That's what I was looking forward to anyway.

"Madam, I am a professional. The Key to my release is under this pillow."

Add me on Playstation Network!
Avvy By
Old 09-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #99
Crockett
With Teeth

I've never actually get around to play the previous games fully, except for trying a bit DMC3. But I'll keep a open minded with the reboot and to see what Ninja Theory will do with the franchise, Se7en is obviously one of the inspiration judging from the trailer.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #100
Nathan

That Designer... honestly, what a douche.

Closed Thread