The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #101
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Default Re: Dmc

Um...so they replaced Dante with Adam Lambert?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #102
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Double Post

Old 09-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #103
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I'm not even a fan of DMC but the way they redesigned Dante makes him look like a complete douche bag.Like a metrosexual douchebag who carries around a purse but calls it a handbag.

I have no idea how the game will play but we will see where it goes.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 09-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #104
Soapy
It's happening again...

And the original "Mr. I Like To Wear Red Trench Coats With No Shirt Underneath" Dante with his perfectly coiffed silver hair didn't look like a raging douchebag?

Old 09-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #105
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

He only went shirtless in the third one, pretty sure he has some kind of under garment to accompany his coat in all the other ones.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #106
jacobed
Banned User

I've never played a devil may cry game though I have always wanted to. I think the new Dante looks pretty good. That trailer was pretty awesome though, hopefully the game will be fun to play.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #107
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

His hair is the only thing that significantly changed. Everything else reeks of Dante; his maneuvers, mannerisms, and badassness are all there.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #108
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

The hair is his trademark though. You can't have have Dante without his trademark.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #109
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Arya- View Post
His hair is the only thing that significantly changed. Everything else reeks of Dante; his maneuvers, mannerisms, and badassness are all there.
ehhh no dante's not a smoker that's not part of his mannerisms . anyways he's been well known enough through bot hthe games and the anime which you can see here. +
Devil May Cry

that you'd realise that's not part of him.

Besides both the game and other stories about him have stated he was born with full head of white hair. which is why people are tripping so much. I guess you just leave them be on that. you really don't know this character to say any thing on the mannerisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
And the original "Mr. I Like To Wear Red Trench Coats With No Shirt Underneath" Dante with his perfectly coiffed silver hair didn't look like a raging douchebag?
trony's right soapy that was only in one game and one game alone . And if i remember right those demons didn't give him much of a break like they do in "power rangers" ( and you know how lame that is) to get a change of clothes. lol so blame them besides that high lite link I just put should show you other wise.

Last edited by zenith16; 09-18-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #110
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I was so akin of a Devil May Cry 5, but after watching the trailer, I was hugely disappointed.

That looks nothing like Dante. I was expecting some sort of sequel. The universe established was interesting and fun. They seem to be going to a new and completely different path.

Someone mentioned and idea of having the son of Dante. I think even that would've been more appealing.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #111
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
ehhh no dante's not a smoker that's not part of his mannerisms . anyways he's been well known enough through bot hthe games and the anime which you can see here. +
Devil May Cry

that you'd realise that's not part of him.

Besides both the game and other stories about him have stated he was born with full head of white hair. which is why people are tripping so much. I guess you just leave them be on that. you really don't know this character to say any thing on the mannerisms.
You didn't mention anything else other than smoking as not being part of his character in previous games. What's the big deal as far as adding smoking to his mannerisms?

Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #112
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I was so akin of a Devil May Cry 5, but after watching the trailer, I was hugely disappointed.

That looks nothing like Dante. I was expecting some sort of sequel. The universe established was interesting and fun. They seem to be going to a new and completely different path.

Someone mentioned and idea of having the son of Dante. I think even that would've been more appealing.

Again they said witn the context that in this new game that nothing is ever what it seems . take that to heart and wait please..

Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #113
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

From what I see of Bayonetta and it's crazy action. I can bet they wanted to start fresh to try to top it.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #114
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
You didn't mention anything else other than smoking as not being part of his character in previous games. What's the big deal as far as adding smoking to his mannerisms?
hmm if you can't see it especially with that link i put up so you'll get to know him then I'll let some one else explain. other wise I gave you some thing( a whole series of a story on him and how he acts) to find out for your self and get to know the character.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #115
ironwez20
Side-Kick

To bad it will fail from the looks of this. The fan base is raging right now.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #116
taskmaster
We all float down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
The hair is his trademark though. You can't have have Dante without his trademark.
He has some white hair in the trailer, there may be story reasons for this and it may turn completely white by the end of the game. It's too early to know.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #117
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwez20 View Post
To bad it will fail from the looks of this. The fan base is raging right now.
Nothing is ever what it seems in what their pushing to the press. All that'll be needed to be done is a nother game trailer show caseing what they mean on that. simple.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #118
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
I don't really think him smoking is so much of a big deal, I remember reading a while back that the developers originally wanted him to be a smoker I guess to give him a "cooler" demeanor but they dropped it. So it seems now they're running with the idea. I just wish they would give him back his white hair, they can leave the rest of him as is. His appearance alone is generating a large amount of backlash from longtime fans of the series, so it depends on Capcom if they want to listen in and change it. I understand that this game is considered to be a reboot of the franchise, but I really didn't see the need for them to just completely change his design. It's crazy how he looks in this new game, but he looks like the Dante that we all know in Marvel vs Capcom 3. This might confuse people that are new to DMC.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #119
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Again they said witn the context that in this new game that nothing is ever what it seems . take that to heart and wait please..
But I'll need more than this.
How can I get into it if I do not play? But how can I play if it isn't what I was expecting? I don't want to risk my money.

What got me going for the sequels is that I knew that the characters and the universe created would be there. They were just expanding the adventure and the development of the protagonist and the secondary characters.

The way I feel is: if they wanted to revamp to appeal to the occident, then make something completely different, instead of taking the franchise's namesake to do so, preventing a real Devil May Cry 5 from coming some other day.

Even if this game is extremely great, I still want a DMC5 that is and feels like a sequel.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #120
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
How can I get into it if I do not play? But how can I play if it isn't what I was expecting? I don't want to risk my money.

What got me going for the sequels is that I knew that the characters and the universe created would be there. They were just expanding the adventure and the development of the protagonist and the secondary characters.

The way I feel is: if they wanted to revamp to appeal to the occident, then make something completely different, instead of taking the franchise's namesake to do so, preventing a real Devil May Cry 5 from coming some other day.

Even if this game is extremely great, I still want a DMC5 that is and feels like a sequel.
Who knows what the premise of the game is gonna be, from what we've seen so far, I doubt that it would be an alternate universe type of thing. Either way, I've been a fan of DMC since the first one, so no doubt, I'm getting this one. DMC pretty much created the "Stylish Action" genre so, I'm not worried about the gameplay, I know that will be done correctly.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #121
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm saying wait for more info on this son that's all I ment buy that stament.

wait for more videos and other info on what they mean with that statement. just cause IGN said it's a reboot. doesnt mean it's the usual type. cap com could be thinking in a different sense of the word. may their thinking in just the game play sense. who know I'm just saying wait for more information and it'll be them explaining where their going with this. it might not be what were thinking. ether way I know those sales people are just happy that this game is being talked about so much. as said in earlier posts thats whatthey want most right now.

Just wait and see man. and don't just have your self buy something unless a good amount of the info is out.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #122
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

I wonder what made Capcom want to scrap these early designs that they had for a next gen Dante

Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #123
uchiha_itachi
Baym!

The pics aint working?

"Madam, I am a professional. The Key to my release is under this pillow."

Add me on Playstation Network!
Avvy By
Old 09-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #124
Nathan

Well, those designs turned into this.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #125
Spidey17
Side-Kick

Gayest looking Dante, after DMC3 of course. This is where it was at.

Closed Thread