The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Hi everyone, wasnt Resident Evil Afterlife great... well i dont want to spoil it for those who hasnt seen it yet which is why i thought we should have our own 5th Resident Evil Movie thread...

The only non-spoiler thing i can post is that Mila has confirmed that there will be a resident evil 5 movie and that Paul S Anderson wants Leon S Kennady to be in the movie...

Thats not really a spoiler as this news is old, so old that it actually was on the web whilst afterlife was being made. So... until anything else has been posted, here is your chance to post your ideas, discuss plot stories from afterlife and how they would effect the future.

But please use spoilers for now until the movie has been out a while and we can kind of discuss it more openly.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Well, regarding the cliffhanger from Afterlife, I think it be interesting to have it take place wherever the Umbrella HQ still exists and have it be a mix of RE4 and RECV's setting. Like Alice, Chris, and Jill being put in the prison from CV, with them ending up making their way into the Ashford's mansion on the island filled with all phases of the zombies thus far. Like for most the movie, Jill being the head of the Umbrella forces, but have her answering to Alexander Ashford. To bring in Leon, I'll say have him being a government agent like in RE4 being sent in to infiltrate the island. And have the big monster baddie be Alexia of course. But I'd like to see Steve Burnside as well, doing the whole transition into monster better than Nemesis was done.

I'm sure I'll have more ideas at some point, but that's the basic gist of what I'd like to see.

Kevin Zegers for Leon and Kelly Hu for Ada. None of this Ackles and Q stuff.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Code Veronica was a bad game, why do so many people want the next movie to revolve around that. It was bad.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Because Code Veronica was one of the best in the series.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

although i think Brad Vickers should be in it... I know he died in raccoon city. But i think he had a good character profile, he was a chicken. and as the movies dont follow conventional game canon then i dont see why he cant appear... he could still be a small cameo.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Because Code Veronica was one of the best in the series.
Your joking right....

The game was a Joke, it ruined resident evil which is why they didnt make a sequel for such a long time.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Zero came out 2 years after CV and then RE4 came out 5 years after CV. Those aren't long times to make video games. It's the same timeframe between RE to RE2 to RE3.

It didn't ruin RE at all.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Zero came out 2 years after CV and then RE4 came out 5 years after CV. Those aren't long times to make video games. It's the same timeframe between RE to RE2 to RE3.

It didn't ruin RE at all.
actually... you cant count resident evil zero.

After resident evil was made in 1996 for the playstation, they signed a contract with Nintendo to make there own verson of the game but different, which Resident Evil Zero was thought up. Created for the N64 the game was made in full but neve released because Nintendo announced it was not going to continue with the N64. However they kept the rights and the story for the game. Then we had resident evil 2, and by then sega had its dreamcast and signed another agreement with them for a game of there own which became veronica. This hurt the franchise because they didnt make a new game till 5 years later resident evil 4... The reason we had zero in the middle of this was because the game cube was created and they wanted that as a feature title. the game was already made but now too low def so they did a rebirth on the whole game.

The reason why it hurt the franchise is because it turned the game from zombie-viral related science to fairytale weirdness that code veronica was... The only people who like Code Veronica are those that enjoy Fantasy games because of the parralle.

it ruined the franchise because it took away its science.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

It was as science based as the past game. It's been a while since I played the game(honestly feel like hooking up my Dreamcast now to check for this 'fairytale' weirdness)The only things I can think might be fairytale based might have been the puzzles. Where do you get the idea the game was fairy tale like?

And even if I find you to be right(replaying through the game), I honestly don't remember fairytale stuff at all. I remember Claire getting captured after sneaking into one of Umbrella's HQ and brought as a prisoner to an island, finding another mansion housing bio-labs, gun play vs zombies and dogs and monsters, an unique antagonist, the return of a tyrant, the return of Chris and Wesker, an introduction to Alexia who was one of the smartest biological bosses, Steve Burnside's story, Claire and Chris finally finding each other, a big monster take down at the end.

None of that was fairytale-like to me, and I've studied fairytales, fables, legends, etc.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
JustABill
Slightly Used User.
 
JustABill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36,020
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

-sigh- So uhmmm....how about that Resident Evil 5?

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
Orb
Lord of Demons
 
Orb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,847
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Oh yeah I played that game. Too much action for my taste. So my least favourite Resident Evil game of all time.

Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
Not_Sane
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 763
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

If they do in fact make a 5th movie i'd like to see Paul W.S. Anderson direct again. The guy isn't as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

On a side note: can someone explain to me why the 4th game is considered the best in the series, when it steped away from survival horror, The Umbrella Corporation, zombies, and was mostly action.

Not_Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Sane View Post
If they do in fact make a 5th movie i'd like to see Paul W.S. Anderson direct again. The guy isn't as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

On a side note: can someone explain to me why the 4th game is considered the best in the series, when it steped away from survival horror, The Umbrella Corporation, zombies, and was mostly action.
Eh, I think it's debatable what game is the best in the series. I think RE4 gets too much flack for being "mostly action." I think it lost the survival horror because it got rid of tank controls and creepy camera angles, but I still got scares from RE4. Umbrella Corp has been in all the games, but have lost their influence over the games because of the outbreaks, so it's more of a progression of the story that they've become less of a threat unless you're actually at one of their HQ dealing with their bio-weapons. The zombies never left the series; some just aren't undead anymore.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
Not_Sane
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 763
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

^thanks, do you think you could explain why the 5th is hated so much? becuase everytime i ask someone why they don't like it, i get the same answer, which is: "it sucked thats why." when it seems to me that its kinda like the 4th game.

Not_Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
JustABill
Slightly Used User.
 
JustABill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36,020
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

RE2 is the best game in the series. Case closed.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #16
Timstuff
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,920
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

The 5th is largely hated by the fans because even though in terms of story it had a better connection to the rest of the series than 4 (which was for all intents and purposes a spinoff), it moved even further away from the original Resident Evil's formula of being scary and focusing on exploration and survival. It was a straight up third person shooter, like Gears of War but slower. 4 doesn't get off the hook either because it's what got the franchise into this mess in the first place. Both are very good games but they should not have been Resident Evil, since in terms of gameplay they barely resemble their namesake.

Anyway, the best game in the series IMHO is the Gamecube remake of the first game. That game was so scary it nearly made me soil my pants, and artistically it was the peak of the pre-RE4 games.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Sane View Post
^thanks, do you think you could explain why the 5th is hated so much? becuase everytime i ask someone why they don't like it, i get the same answer, which is: "it sucked thats why." when it seems to me that its kinda like the 4th game.
I've yet to play the 5th, but I read the summary of the story and it's pretty weak; I'll go as far to say the weakest in the main series.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless
 
Punisher_MAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Miami 305
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

to be honest RE5 ranks in the top 3 of the series.

for me its

1.REmake (i have to find it now...i know i have it somewhere)
2. RE2 (i still wish they would REmake this)
3. RE5

Nemesis was cool, Code Veronica wasnt bad (never finished it) and RE4 was really fun.

__________________
"Si vis pacem, para bellum- if you want peace, prepare for war." - Frank Castle
Punisher_MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #19
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
RE2 is the best game in the series. Case closed.
thank you, i agree except i think the first resident evil game was the first one and resident evil 2 was a brilliant sequel... and infact when i think of resident evil, i think of the first two games. Both are equel

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #20
Timstuff
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,920
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

I rank the standard RE games as:

1: REmake
2: RE2 (close second)
3: Code: Veronica
4: Zero
5: Nemesis

I like all of them but out of the five Nemesis is my least favorite. I consider Resident Evil 4 and 5 to be a spinoff series from the other games since they are a different type of game, but of the two I feel like RE4 was better. RE5 had a better story, but RE4 was a better game overall. They're both very great games and I love the co-op mode in RE5, but I don't really feel like either of them represents what the Resident Evil franchise is all about.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

I've had this discussion before about why the first three games, 1-2-3 where excellent stories yet alot of people dont like the others in comparrison. I think in my previous forum we all sort of came to a conclusion that it was the element of Raccoon City, which is what made the game so good.

Think about it, an entire town over designed by mysterious status, devices, secrete passage ways. All funded by a corporation to distract from what they were really working on and thus ends up in an outbreak of zombies because of a containment issue.

Once Raccoon City was destroyed they tried to emulate that same enviroment in other locations but because it was only one off places, people didnt have an investment of the location these other games were set in...

Capcom new this which is why they made the two Outbreak Games but because those games did have Raccoon city, it didnt have connection to the story of the games, so it wasnt as popular.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #22
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

While I can understand that, I disagree with it.

Also, I think the main reason the Outbreak games didn't do too well is a lot of glitchy online play. I remember reading lots of complaints in forums about the glitchiness.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #23
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless
 
Punisher_MAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Miami 305
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
I've had this discussion before about why the first three games, 1-2-3 where excellent stories yet alot of people dont like the others in comparrison. I think in my previous forum we all sort of came to a conclusion that it was the element of Raccoon City, which is what made the game so good.

Think about it, an entire town over designed by mysterious status, devices, secrete passage ways. All funded by a corporation to distract from what they were really working on and thus ends up in an outbreak of zombies because of a containment issue.

Once Raccoon City was destroyed they tried to emulate that same enviroment in other locations but because it was only one off places, people didnt have an investment of the location these other games were set in...

Capcom new this which is why they made the two Outbreak Games but because those games did have Raccoon city, it didnt have connection to the story of the games, so it wasnt as popular.
you know this is probably why a lot of people have a gripe with RE4 and 5. I personally love RE5 because it is a true sequel to the events in RE1, RE2 and C:V, i also love how it has become something global and how terrorists can now use these bio weapons, it progressed from being an isolated incident to something that world fears.

but RE1 and RE2 have that special place because of the mansion and Raccoon city.

__________________
"Si vis pacem, para bellum- if you want peace, prepare for war." - Frank Castle
Punisher_MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

I think there was 4 unique selling points that made the thirst three games work.

1. Raccoon City - for reason i mentioned above
2. S.T.A.R.S - it was part of the fabric of the story, something that wasnt mentioned beyond the 3rd game
3. The T-Virus, G-Virus - it was mysterious in the first three games, in code v, zero, rebirth, 4 and 5 they had pretty much talked about parasites and where the virus came from... it lost its mystery.
4. The creepy angles and difficulties in vision which made the game have an atmospher that the other games didnt have

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

and the top 5 characters were all stars members.

Chris Redfield
Albert Wesker
Jill Valentine
Barry Burton
Rebecca Chambers

after that its

Leon
Claire
Ada
Brad Vickers
Hunk

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.