The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 07-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #51
Benstamania
Shot first.

Default Re: New Mega Man Legends

Inafune was a smart man. Capcom just doesn't "get it" anymore.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #52
Donut
Side-Kick

Rumor has it that CAPCOM is throwing out people dressed in Mega Man cosplay at the Panel & that one person just shouted out Mega Man & he was thrown out instantly. Seth Killian was also assaulted by an angry Mega Man fan. If rumors are to be true. CAPCOM must be trying to loose any fan base they have

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #53
Soapy
It's happening again...

I forgot all about Comic Con. They really should have waited until afterwards to officially cancel it.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #54
Donut
Side-Kick

There should be a huge crowd there chanting Mega Man. Then what CAPCOM ? Kill them all ?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #55
Benstamania
Shot first.

Capcom responds... Proves they're a bunch of douche knobs.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/a-less...deo-game/3513/

Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #56
Soapy
It's happening again...

There's a whole thread of Capcom Twitter nonsense over on GAF.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #57
Donut
Side-Kick

After the Comic Con stuff with throwing fans out I doubt many fans will be interested in anything CAPCOM does. CAPCOM is done

Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #58
Soapy
It's happening again...

Capcom is hardly "done".

It would take a lot more than a relative handful of angry people on the internet to bring down a company like Capcom.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:34 AM   #59
Benstamania
Shot first.

I doubt Capcom ever goes anywhere... All they have to do is release an RE2 remake and the people that hate them now will go running back. Or.. release MML3 on a console (somehow?)

IMHO they've been circling the toilet bowl for a while now. They have some stuff here and there that keeps 'em afloat... but... they're NOT the company they used to be.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #60
Soapy
It's happening again...

Hiroshi Matsuyama, CEO of game studio CyberConnect2 would like to revive the project.

Quote:
Capcom partnered with Solatorobo creator and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja developer CyberConnect2 to create Asura’s Wrath. It’s a brand new intellectual property where you play as an enraged demigod who gets beat down by planet-sized bosses before turning the fight around with a dramatic comeback.

Asura’s Wrath will be CyberConnect2′s first Capcom published title when it comes out next year. Curious to see what the future could hold and since Capcom lets external developers work on established franchises, I asked Hiroshi Matsuyama, CEO and President of CyberConnect2, what Capcom series would he like to develop.

"It would be Mega Man Legends 3," exclaimed Matsuyama in a Siliconera interview. "I really like the series!" Just this week Capcom canceled the Mega Man Legends 3 project for Nintendo 3DS where fans collaborated with the development staff on creating a sequel. Matsuyama said he was disappointed by that announcement. CyberConnect2′s work on Solatorobo and Tail Concerto could be a foundation for a Mega Man Legends sequel too. Would any fans "green light" a Mega Man Legends game from the Fukuoka based developer?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #61
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

I'd green light the HELL out of CyberConnect2 doing MML3. They the guys that did Tail Concerto, right? That game is pratically the same charm and color and fun factor of MML3, just replace Mega Man and friends with animal characters. Even the settings had a similar-ish feel; open ended towns with an interesting populace. Very charming game. It even looks like The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (though I never played TB).

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #62
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I have a feeling CAPCOM is going all "fighting games" only on us. I only have interest in Resident Evil and Megaman.

Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #63
Havok83
Side-Kick

Now's the perfect time for someone to make a Megaman clone. I wonder how Capcom would respond to that considering they are doing nothing with the franchise.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #64
Soapy
It's happening again...

You mean like a Mega Man Legends clone specifically or just anything that's evocative of Mega Man in general?

Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #65
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
You mean like a Mega Man Legends clone specifically or just anything that's evocative of Mega Man in general?
Doesnt have to be MML. I meant Megaman in general. I was thinking more in line with the classic series but really something thats a blatant MM ripoff. I wonder how Capcom would take that if it were good and people flocked to it. Would they try and sue? Would it put pressure on them to bring Megaman back? Change their stance on how they are handling things?

Last edited by Havok83; 07-30-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #66
Soapy
It's happening again...

Well, whether the theoretical game in question would be good or not is kind of irrelevant. But if it managed to sell a lot Capcom would absolutely bring Mega Man back. And I'm sure the other publishers would try to get in on it somehow too. However I doubt a Mega Man game or some kind of clone would ever sell that much. And if Capcom decided to sue, that would be pretty ironic (and ****ing disgusting) considering they straight up copied Splosion Man.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 AM   #67
socool
True

Wtf, Capcom...w.t.f.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-the-dead.aspx

Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #68
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

It also doesn't help that out of the multiple thousands of "fans" protesting and b***hing and flaming over Capcom's treatment of all things Mega Man that less than 70% of this MM community is actually DOING something about it.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #69
Havok83
Side-Kick

Capcom is quickly rising in the ranks as one of the most reviled publishers in gaming today. Thats sad bc Ive always loved them and their games but man have they been getting it alot lately. They seem to be either clueless or just arrogant when it comes to pleasing their user base these days

Old 08-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #70
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

In other news, Capcom is already preparing a Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: Version 2012.

That is NOT sarcasm.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #71
Havok83
Side-Kick

Wow, I thought you were joking till I did a Google search. It at least seems to be a free patch and not a new release

Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #72
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Careful...Arcade Edition was considered to be only a DL upgrade, and Capcom still released an actual physical copy as a game.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #73
socool
True

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...legends-3.aspx

Quote:
Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man, left Capcom late last year to pursue other projects outside of the company. According to an interview with 4gamer.net, Inafune tried to work with Capcom in order to continue the projects he had already started after his planned departure, but Capcom refused his offer. It was because of Capcom's reluctance to continue working with Inafune that we lost projects like Mega Man Legends 3.
Inafune was quoted saying, "I wanted to leave Capcom to recharge my energy, and support Capcom from there, but it seems they don’t allow it. I want to make all my effort to keep Legends 3 alive, but I’m really not sure I can do it." Inafune wanted to continue working on Capcom projects, but from a distance and on his own terms with his new company Comcept, but Capcom said no.
I'm still pretty disappointed that Mega Man Legends 3 won't be seeing the light of day, but it sounds like Inafune is still up for working on the project even if Capcom doesn't seem particularly interested in the idea.

I can't even...FATHOM what Capcom is thinking here.

socool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #74
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Nintendo & Capcom are seriously slipping. They need to make Nintendo vs. Capcom a reality soon before both companies are lost beyond hope.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #75
Soapy
It's happening again...

In an interview with Famitsu, Inafune reaffirms that he wants to make Mega Man Legends 3.

Quote:
質問:続編を作りたいと思うゲームは?

Question : Out of every series you've worked on, which would you like to continue the most?

稲船氏は最初に、“続編を作りたくないゲーム”について説明。それはクリエイターがやりきった作品だという 。自身で言えば『ロックマン エグゼ』シリーズがそうで、もはや同作でクリエイターとしてやる要素はないと判断したそうだ。

In response, Inafune explained about the kind of game where the creator wouldn't want or need to make a sequel. These are the games in which the story is completely concluded in every corner of the creator's mind. As an example, Inanfune cited Mega Man Battle Network. He ultimately concludes that for him, there is no part of that story left to tell.

一方で、『ロックマン DASH』シリーズはずっと続編をやりたかった作品で、カプコンを退社する前に『ロックマン DASH 3』を立ち上げている。しかし、ご存知の通り同作は開発中止が決定。

On the other hand, Mega Man Legends was the one series that he has wanted to continue for years. That's why he started the Mega Man Legends 3 Project before he left Capcom, but as you probably know, the project has been axed since then.

「正直まだ作りたいと思っている」と稲船氏は語ったが、すでに会社を去っているため、カプコンから依頼が来 ない限りは改めて開発することが不可能だ 。

"Honestly, I still wanna make it." Inafune says. However, since he left the company, unless Capcom commissions him to make the game he can never work on Mega Man Legends 3 again.
Also, the "100,000 Strong For Mega Man Legends 3" people not only have their own booth at Comic Con, but will have some kind of panel as well including an interview with Seth Killian.