Side-Kick

Default Re: How should Superman fight?

Or, with his fists.

Shabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #152
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I wanna see him fighting off the enemy while hes saving a building from collapsing

Old 03-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #153
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post

Or, with his fists.
with his fist and heat vision the **** out of someone! and please no LASER vision...red beams do not look like heat

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #154
PIBagent
Newbie First Class

Hmm how about "Pankration" Its a anciet mixed martial art that combine boxing and wrestling! Since its obvious Clark/Superman wont being all "Neo, I know Kung Fu" on us he can us this style in tandem with his powers to take on the likes of General Zod!

PIBagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #155
Shabadoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_Evans View Post
with his fist and heat vision the **** out of someone! and please no LASER vision...red beams do not look like heat
Yeah, I liked the Smallville and SR heat vision. Seeing the rippling of the air was pretty badass.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #156
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I do think Smallville and Superman Returns got the heat vision down right but soooooo many people were complaining about it because red beams didn't shoot from his eyes

Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #157
Shabadoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do think Smallville and Superman Returns got the heat vision down right but soooooo many people were complaining about it because red beams didn't shoot from his eyes

Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #158
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Red beams is not heat people!!!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #159
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:
Red beams is not heat people!!!!!
what do you want it to look like?

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #160
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

similar to like it did in Smallville and Superman Returns...like when you see heat off a stove or the road in the middle of summer

Old 04-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #161
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Heat vision doesn't have to be pure heat. It wasn't originally, was it? It was a by-product of x-ray vision. Superman can shoot lasers out of his eyes and produce heat that way.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:22 AM   #162
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I still prefer it too look like actual heat

Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #163
X-Nemesis
Side-Kick

I just want to actually see supes throw ONE SINGLE PUNCH DAMMIT! Cause I don't think he did in the 2006 return.

X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #164
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I say that all the time. Fleischer is still putting lazy animators to shame. Sure they save time with there methods but they're sacrificing quality
That's kind of ignorant. A lot more money was put into animation back then, and they were made for the big screen. A short would cost a million dollars each. That's for 10 minutes. Cartoons nowadays last 20 minutes.

It simply isn't feasible to do animation like that anymore. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #165
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
I just want to actually see supes throw ONE SINGLE PUNCH DAMMIT! Cause I don't think he did in the 2006 return.
Yeah, but he lifted the hell out of that rock, though.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #166
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I thought the heat vision was one of the things they got spot on in Superman Returns

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #167
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Agreed, but it goes back to the villain once again. Superman certainly can't go around punching regular humans

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #168
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
That's kind of ignorant. A lot more money was put into animation back then, and they were made for the big screen. A short would cost a million dollars each. That's for 10 minutes. Cartoons nowadays last 20 minutes.

It simply isn't feasible to do animation like that anymore. It has nothing to do with being lazy.
Oh wow... Someone took that a lil personally. You could have made your comment and your point in different way but you decided not to. That's ok. You obviously got butthurt by the way I made my comment so you felt the need to take a shot. Yes, mister guy sir, I knew that they were more expensive. That's just common sense and pretty apparent just by taking a comparison to that of other toons in the same era. However, I don't care. Money well spent.

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #169
Snare
Side-Kick

Something like Neo in The Matrix effect wise, although obviously more tailored to Superman's style of combat, emphasising a brawler rather than a martial artist.

Snare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #170
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-04-2011 at 06:18 PM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #171
JMark
Newbie First Class

For starters, he should fight with the mentality that there is always a chance that his opponent could see reason and alter his life. Not even his parents or Lois being kidnapped by his adversary should alter this belief in him.

Also, no one in any of these films should ever have to talk Kal down from "going too far". Ever. His respect for life should trump any and every emotion that flows through his veins. So Goyer and Snyder, I don't want to see any moments where Kal speeds home to have a "talk" with Ma and Pa Kent. Nor does he need one from Lois, ever. I've seen enough of this nonsense in "Smallville".

Now with that said.. the basics:

- In a fight, Kal should be more cunning than he is intelligent. No matter who he faces, he should be the least experienced in combat, which should constantly give his opponent an edge to begin.

- There are two advantages that not only he, but everyone in the galaxy should come to the understand when facing him:

1. When on Earth, his fighting awareness is second to none. So good should they be, that quite a few of his battles against aliens should be won just by the fact that he knows his surroundings better than them. This should make him feared.

2. His fighting spirit should be the greatest of any hero, never quitting or surrendering no matter how bleak the situation is. The vast amount of time and energy that it takes to defeat him should be enough of a concern to keep most beings from coming to Earth to challenge him. This should make him respected.

Now, how he should fight:

* When facing a normal human he should never use any use heat vision, freeze breath, and especially a punch or a kick. A toss is acceptable but only when he aims the criminal toward a place that provides some cushion such as a crowd of other crooks, a watery surface, or a dumpster with necessary cushion inside; never through a window or some hard surface. Roughing up a thug should be avoided at all costs so that he won't be looked at negatively as a bully.

And after saying all this, one of the wonderful things about Superman is that a simple tap on the window and a wiggle of his finger is all that's needed 9 times out 10 for a criminal to willingly give himself up. That's if the movie does it's job in showing the full scope of what Superman represents to the criminal world.

* When facing a former friend/ally, a metahuman, or your basic alien with powers he should fight not to lose. His fighting stance should be one of defense, delivering the occasion offensive maneuver to keep the opponent honest. His legs spread to the width of the shoulders, posture slightly leaning forward, arms raised, senses on high alert. Gentle words should be his greatest ally, always attempting to get through to the person and calm their rage.

This should go on until Kal's or bystanders' lives are in danger. Then a combination of moves should be delivered to end the fight; sparing as much damage as possible.

* Against an alpha-enemy that he knows is killing or will kill without regard, he should fight to win; using the full scope of his powers. His stance should be lower, his knees bent, and eyes ablaze. His fighting type should be "brawler/roughneck", much like a strapping Kansas boy would fight in a bar. Shoulder charges, hay-makers, kicks to gut, face slamming to hard surfaces, arm tosses, suplexes, elbows to the front and the back, and never allowing himself to be on the ground when an opponent is near.

Not until the opponent is fully defeated should he hold back. At that point, he ends the fights and sends them back where they came from.

Last edited by JMark; 04-04-2011 at 06:18 PM.
JMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #172
--Zero-Ethic--
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Yeah, but he lifted the hell out of that rock, though.
Lol, his most cunning foe

--Zero-Ethic-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #173
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Basically that fight with Parasite in STAS is what I like to see.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #174
The Showstopper
Empathic Mimic

This is perfect for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMark View Post
For starters, he should fight with the mentality that there is always a chance that his opponent could see reason and alter his life. Not even his parents or Lois being kidnapped by his adversary should alter this belief in him.

Also, no one in any of these films should ever have to talk Kal down from "going too far". Ever. His respect for life should trump any and every emotion that flows through his veins. So Goyer and Snyder, I don't want to see any moments where Kal speeds home to have a "talk" with Ma and Pa Kent. Nor does he need one from Lois, ever. I've seen enough of this nonsense in "Smallville".

Now with that said.. the basics:

- In a fight, Kal should be more cunning than he is intelligent. No matter who he faces, he should be the least experienced in combat, which should constantly give his opponent an edge to begin.

- There are two advantages that not only he, but everyone in the galaxy should come to the understand when facing him:

1. When on Earth, his fighting awareness is second to none. So good should they be, that quite a few of his battles against aliens should be won just by the fact that he knows his surroundings better than them. This should make him feared.

2. His fighting spirit should be the greatest of any hero, never quitting or surrendering no matter how bleak the situation is. The vast amount of time and energy that it takes to defeat him should be enough of a concern to keep most beings from coming to Earth to challenge him. This should make him respected.

Now, how he should fight:

* When facing a normal human he should never use any use heat vision, freeze breath, and especially a punch or a kick. A toss is acceptable but only when he aims the criminal toward a place that provides some cushion such as a crowd of other crooks, a watery surface, or a dumpster with necessary cushion inside; never through a window or some hard surface. Roughing up a thug should be avoided at all costs so that he won't be looked at negatively as a bully.

And after saying all this, one of the wonderful things about Superman is that a simple tap on the window and a wiggle of his finger is all that's needed 9 times out 10 for a criminal to willingly give himself up. That's if the movie does it's job in showing the full scope of what Superman represents to the criminal world.

* When facing a former friend/ally, a metahuman, or your basic alien with powers he should fight not to lose. His fighting stance should be one of defense, delivering the occasion offensive maneuver to keep the opponent honest. His legs spread to the width of the shoulders, posture slightly leaning forward, arms raised, senses on high alert. Gentle words should be his greatest ally, always attempting to get through to the person and calm their rage.

This should go on until Kal's or bystanders' lives are in danger. Then a combination of moves should be delivered to end the fight; sparing as much damage as possible.

* Against an alpha-enemy that he knows is killing or will kill without regard, he should fight to win; using the full scope of his powers. His stance should be lower, his knees bent, and eyes ablaze. His fighting type should be "brawler/roughneck", much like a strapping Kansas boy would fight in a bar. Shoulder charges, hay-makers, kicks to gut, face slamming to hard surfaces, arm tosses, suplexes, elbows to the front and the back, and never allowing himself to be on the ground when an opponent is near.

Not until the opponent is fully defeated should he hold back. At that point, he ends the fights and sends them back where they came from.

The Showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #175
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

So how do you guys feel about Superman "potentially" fighting Metallo in the new film?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote