The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #76
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I like Bay's movies and the cartoons. Is that allowed? Or do I have to pick 1 or the other?
It is perfectly fine and normal, The hardcore Transformers fans are known for there to ability to hate on any thing remotely new or diffent when it comes to the franchise

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:03 AM   #77
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
it will apparently be on the moon and even if there is one they have a reason for it now cause the Fallen was there

but we dont know what the plot is even about yet so i digress
When was the Fallen on our moon???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
proof?
I'd like some
For witch issue?

__________________
Today is a good day to die...

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 10-19-2010 at 02:48 AM.
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #78
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
When was the Fallen on our moon???

Could of been any time between Early man and 2009

not to mention the seekers were up and around as well

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:46 AM   #79
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
Could of been any time between Early man and 2009

not to mention the seekers were up and around as well
Now your talking about "could be's"??

Your earlier post claimed he was there as a "FACT".

Heres your po9st again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
it will apparently be on the moon and even if there is one they have a reason for it now cause the Fallen was there
Thats a claim that the Fallen was on our moon as a fact...not a "could be".

So again I ask, when was the Fallen on our moon??

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #80
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
When was the Fallen on our moon???

Could of been any time between Early man and 2009

not to mention the seekers were up and around as well

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #81
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
Could of been any time between Early man and 2009

not to mention the seekers were up and around as well
So...you got nothing to back up your earlier claim.

Figures.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 04:06 AM   #82
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,713
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

The moon is the Fallen's holiday place.

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 04:53 AM   #83
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Bay apologists can find any excuse for a mediocre story, poor character development (save for Prime) and toilet humor.

__________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #84
Crockett
With Teeth
 
Crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dorne
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

The "Bayformers" aren't my most favorite interpretation of the franchise but I'm looking forward to the third one, all that I'm hoping for is in the same vein of the first TF movie, at least that's tolerable than the horrible ROTF. And since is Bay's last TF movie maybe later down the road we are going to get a interpretation we fans have been waited for.

__________________
The stuff that dreams are made of.
Crockett is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #85
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
I

Well, there wasn't any "all spark" in the old toons. The matix was different in the toon. There was no sun harvester in the old toon, and that was just a stupid idea.
The all spark came from beast wars and it was sucha great part of transformers myth it has been in every series since, the sun harvester made plenty of sense actually, and was harken back to the old decpticon agenda "energon at any cost"

Quote:
Yeah, how they handled Soundwave. They didn't even use the vocoder
that's not a bad thing, if u wanted him to turn into a musical device u would of gotten frenzy, turning him into a satellite fits with his character.

in the old cartoon Soundwave was the spy, the intelligence officer, the guy who sent out his personal minions to do the dirty work

Quote:
Now your talking about "could be's"??

Your earlier post claimed he was there as a "FACT".

Thats a claim that the Fallen was on our moon as a fact...not a "could be".

So again I ask, when was the Fallen on our moon??
i never said the fallen was on the moon [even though any one with brain shouldn't be acting like its a stretch]

i said because the Fallen and the seekers were around there is no reason their aren't more artifacts hidden one earth

dont take my words out of context

P.s i feel sorry for any one who thinks we'd get a Reeboot in any foreseeable future

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #86
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
The moon is the Fallen's holiday place.
Funny, and certinly possible.

But there was no evidence in the last film that The Fallen has ever been to our moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
i never said the fallen was on the moon
Yes you did, and now your lieing to save face.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
it will apparently be on the moon and even if there is one they have a reason for it now cause the Fallen was there
"The Fallen was there"......."on the moon"

Thats you claiming he was on the moon.

No0w either back that up or stop bs'ing.

Quote:
[even though any one with brain shouldn't be acting like its a stretch]
Irrelevant.

Y0ou claimed it happened, not that it was possible.

Quote:
dont take my words out of context
I took them how they were written.

Next time chose your words more carefully.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #87
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Funny, and certinly possible.

But there was no evidence in the last film that The Fallen has ever been to our moon.



Yes you did, and now your lieing to save face.

[

"The Fallen was there"......."on the moon"

Thats you claiming he was on the moon.

No0w either back that up or stop bs'ing.



Irrelevant.

Y0ou claimed it happened, not that it was possible.



I took them how they were written.

Next time chose your words more carefully.
Read my entire thread of conversation, i was talking about their being artifacts on planet earth

not whether or not the Fallen was on the moon

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #88
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
Read my entire thread of conversation, i was talking about their being artifacts on planet earth

not whether or not the Fallen was on the moon
Again, then you chose the wrong words to get your point across.

I read this entire thread, and every other thing you said doesnt change your claim that he was on our moon.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #89
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Again, then you chose the wrong words to get your point across.

I read this entire thread, and every other thing you said doesnt change your claim that he was on our moon.
What Ever.

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #90
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,025
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
It is perfectly fine and normal, The hardcore Transformers fans are known for there to ability to hate on any thing remotely new or diffent when it comes to the franchise
I think we'd be open to actual improvement but why should we applaud pointless or even insulting changes?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #91
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
What Ever.
Very insightful.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #92
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think we'd be open to actual improvement but why should we applaud pointless or even insulting changes?
yeah trukk not munky


Last edited by Hound89; 10-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #93
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,713
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

I think we should all just be thankful that we're not Dragonball fans.

Those poor bastards.


Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 10-19-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #94
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,713
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
yeah trukk not munky
What the ****?

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #95
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
What the ****?
Its a transformers joke

Back when beast wars was made their was a huge Prissy *****y **** storm about the Transformers being animals

Trukk not munky is coind from when a fan said he wants a Optimus that's a truck "not some stupid munky"

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #96
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I think we should all just be thankful that we're not Dragonball fans.

Those poor bastards.
I am a DBZ fan.....and your right.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #97
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,024
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
The all spark came from beast wars and it was sucha great part of transformers myth it has been in every series since, the sun harvester made plenty of sense actually, and was harken back to the old decpticon agenda "energon at any cost"

that's not a bad thing, if u wanted him to turn into a musical device u would of gotten frenzy, turning him into a satellite fits with his character.

in the old cartoon Soundwave was the spy, the intelligence officer, the guy who sent out his personal minions to do the dirty work
I don't remember what exactly the all spark was in beast wars, but I don't think it was some magical cube that found it's way to Earth.

The sun harvester doesn't make practical sense. If it's so important, how did they survive so long without harvesting the sun? How can this machine, the size of a pyramid hold all the engery created by the sun? And if it only holds a fraction of that engery, why should it distroy the sun? That's like filling your gas tank up then blowing up the gas station. It was a dumb idea trying to make the Fallen some global threat. And I noticed you didn't mention the Matrix, which they totally screwed up.

As for Soundwave, it's such a small thing to use a vocoder, why not use it? They went through the trouble to get Welker, and they don't even use his voice right. He's just Dr. Claw in space.

bell110 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #98
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
I don't remember what exactly the all spark was in beast wars, but I don't think it was some magical cube that found it's way to Earth.
The Alspark was the source of life for transformers in both versions

turning it into a cube is a reference to energon cubes and a clever re-imagining
Quote:

The sun harvester doesn't make practical sense. If it's so important, how did they survive so long without harvesting the sun? How can this machine, the size of a pyramid hold all the engery created by the sun? And if it only holds a fraction of that engery, why should it distroy the sun? That's like filling your gas tank up then blowing up the gas station. It was a dumb idea trying to make the Fallen some global threat
....Its Science Fiction its not supposed to be realistic, that's like *****ing about how a lightsaber shouldn't be possible , Or why Peter Parker Didn't die form the radioactive spider bite, or why the Doctor's Giant Time machine Fits into a police box

as for how they survived, Jetfire was old and dying cause he didn't have any energon, they explained it in the movie
Quote:
. And I noticed you didn't mention the Matrix, which they totally screwed up.
it was different nothing major
Quote:
As for Soundwave, it's such a small thing to use a vocoder, why not use it? They went through the trouble to get Welker, and they don't even use his voice right. He's just Dr. Claw in space.


1. NO ONE uses a Vocoder any more
2. every one agree mass shifting was stupid
3. making him a vocoder just for the sake of fanboy nostalgia is dumb
4. it Was still Welker so it was still really cool


Last edited by Hound89; 10-19-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #99
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,219
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

They really wasted Welker...

And the Arcee voice.. I believe she's also from the cartoon and she bearly said anything in the movie

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #100
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
1. NO ONE uses a Vocoder any more
2. every one agree mass shifting was stupid
3. making him a vocoder just for the sake of fanboy nostalgia is dumb
4. it Was still Welker so it was still really cool
1. No one? Can you please introduce me to EVERYONE since you know everybody? This reasoning has no basis.
2. Here as well, your opinion is your opinion... not everyone's. Plus, they used mass shifting on the cube in the 2007 movie... so apparently they didn't think it was stupid.
3. Your opinion on this doesn't seem too intelligent either.
4. Using these voice actors with short lines is stupid. What's the point? It could have been any actor. If the VAs don't have enough lines to really "act"... then it was really not worth it at all.

__________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.