The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #101
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
1. No one? Can you please introduce me to EVERYONE since you know everybody? This reasoning has no basis.
2. Here as well, your opinion is your opinion... not everyone's. Plus, they used mass shifting on the cube in the 2007 movie... so apparently they didn't think it was stupid.
3. Your opinion on this doesn't seem too intelligent either.
4. Using these voice actors with short lines is stupid. What's the point? It could have been any actor. If the VAs don't have enough lines to really "act"... then it was really not worth it at all.
1. i misread what he was referring to as a vocorder i retract what he said
2. the cube was magic practically, having an actual guy shrink down would of been stupid

3 & 4. its not like they hired an A class actor, and underutilized him, its frank welker who was probably very great full for the work. Be happy you got that

Fan boys cry about the most ridiculous things

tell me do u still think Flames on Prime is some big violation of the character and the history yada yada yada?

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #102
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post

2. every one agree mass shifting was stupid
Mike Bay didnt...since he used it on the Cube in the first film.
Quote:
3. making him a vocoder just for the sake of fanboy nostalgia is dumb
You do know they hired Welker just for the sake of fanboy nostalgia right???

Hell, thats why Cullen was hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
And the Arcee voice.. I believe she's also from the cartoon and she bearly said anything in the movie
No, the VA for Arcee in the film was Grey DeLisle.

The VA for Arcee in G1 was Susan Blu.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #103
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Mike Bay didnt...since he used it on the Cube in the first film.
and it was fine for the cube cause the entire thing was an Ancient alien source of power that even the Transformers didn't know where it came from,


Quote:
You do know they hired Welker just for the sake of fanboy nostalgia right???

Hell, thats why Cullen was hired.
iam gonna admit my mistake right here

when he said Vocorder i thought he meant Tape deck....


.

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #104
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
and it was fine for the cube cause the entire thing was an Ancient alien source of power that even the Transformers didn't know where it came from,
Thats your opinion and your welcome to it.

But if its ok for the Cube then it should be fine for anything in the film that derives from the Cube.

Meaning if its ok for the Alien Cub e, it should be ok for the Cube's creations.

Quote:
iam gonna admit my mistake right here

when he said Vocorder i thought he meant Tape deck....


.
Ahh ok then.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #105
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Yea Bay initially didnt want Cullen... but gave in to avoid being killed by fans

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #106
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
I am a DBZ fan.....and your right.
I'm sorry, mate. Although Emmy Rossum in leather pants is hot. That's enough for me to watch a movie. Yes I really am that shallow.

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #107
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I'm sorry, mate. Although Emmy Rossum in leather pants is hot. That's enough for me to watch a movie. Yes I really am that shallow.
I watched the film as well, partly for the same reason, but also hoping I wouldnt be that disappointed.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #108
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Thats your opinion and your welcome to it.

But if its ok for the Cube then it should be fine for anything in the film that derives from the Cube.

Meaning if its ok for the Alien Cub e, it should be ok for the Cube's creations.

.
but their not as advanced as the cube

in fact the cube is just energy that can be transformed, its not a robot

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #109
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

I watched DBE in theaters.. I was disappointed. I watched TF in theaters... i was happy

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #110
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
I watched DBE in theaters.. I was disappointed. I watched TF in theaters... i was happy
the only thing good about DBE was Piccolo


still better then Legend of Chun li thogh....

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #111
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
the only thing good about DBE was Piccolo


still better then Legend of Chun li thogh....
Nah... Picolo bearly did anything

And I liked Chun li more than DBE

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #112
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Nah... Picolo bearly did anything

And I liked Chun li more than DBE
really?

even with the Bison who didn't even wear red

the very not Chinese Chun li

the Ugly Vega

and every thign else they did wrong

at least DBE seemed like they actually saw the source material

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #113
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Vega was terrible... but Chun Li and Bison were ... ok

DBE i hated every character

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #114
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Vega was terrible... but Chun Li and Bison were ... ok

DBE i hated every character
ok.....agree that they both sucked?

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #115
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
but their not as advanced as the cube

in fact the cube is just energy that can be transformed, its not a robot
And Bay's TF's were hardly whats commonly thought of as a "robot".

Most people think of something artificial when they here "robot".

Bay's TF's were organic metal life forms.

In a sence, they were the Cubes children.

So again, if it was good enough for the Cube theres really no logical reason it wasnt good enough for the Tf's.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #116
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
And Bay's TF's were hardly whats commonly thought of as a "robot".

Most people think of something artificial when they here "robot".

Bay's TF's were organic metal life forms.

In a sence, they were the Cubes children.

So again, if it was good enough for the Cube theres really no logical reason it wasnt good enough for the Tf's.
"there not pure energy" works for me *shrugs*

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #117
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
ok.....agree that they both sucked?
Yea they both sucked. I could probably watch Chun Li again... but cant say the same for DBE

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #118
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
"there not pure energy" works for me *shrugs*
Neither is the Cube.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #119
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,024
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
The Alspark was the source of life for transformers in both versions

turning it into a cube is a reference to energon cubes and a clever re-imagining ....Its Science Fiction its not supposed to be realistic, that's like *****ing about how a lightsaber shouldn't be possible , Or why Peter Parker Didn't die form the radioactive spider bite, or why the Doctor's Giant Time machine Fits into a police box
I wouldn't call it a "clever" reimagining. Kind of lazy. In G1, if I remember correctly, the core of Cybertron gave the TF their life. But, G1 is also full of holes so it's pointless. You asked how they didn't follow the cannon, and I told you.

Quote:
as for how they survived, Jetfire was old and dying cause he didn't have any energon, they explained it in the movie
it was different nothing major
Why wasn't anyone else dying? How were they getting energon? Nothing made sense.

Quote:


1. NO ONE uses a Vocoder any more
2. every one agree mass shifting was stupid
3. making him a vocoder just for the sake of fanboy nostalgia is dumb
4. it Was still Welker so it was still really cool
The vocoder is what they use to make Soundwave's voice sound robotic. It's what made Soundwave's voice his voice, and they couldn't even get that right.

bell110 is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #120
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick
 
sto_vo_kor_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,039
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
But, G1 is also full of holes so it's pointless.
Forgive me but every time I see this said I take issue with it.

I know it wasnt perfect but G1 wasnt as "full" with holes as many seem to think.

__________________
Today is a good day to die...
sto_vo_kor_2000 is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #121
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Neither is the Cube.
Ratchet and some one said it was pure energy that can be transformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
I wouldn't call it a "clever" reimagining. Kind of lazy. In G1, if I remember correctly, the core of Cybertron gave the TF their life. But, G1 is also full of holes so it's pointless. You asked how they didn't follow the cannon, and I told you.
and in stead of in the planet it it was in the form of the cube, which was clever, also the Core of cybertron was the allspark, go watch beast wars and Beast machines

Quote:

Why wasn't anyone else dying? How were they getting energon? Nothing made sense.
Because Jetfire was the one who hadn't had any enrgon in years and was mode locked, the other transformers presumably had


Quote:
The vocoder is what they use to make Soundwave's voice sound robotic. It's what made Soundwave's voice his voice, and they couldn't even get that right.
they went a different direction big deal, inconsequential thing to ***** about

Hound89 is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #122
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post


they went a different direction big deal, inconsequential thing to ***** about
They went in a wrong direction sadly

Ipodman is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #123
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Vega was terrible... but Chun Li and Bison were ... ok

DBE i hated every character
I agree. I can't hate Kristin Kreuk and Neal McDonough. I just can't.

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:54 AM   #124
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,024
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Forgive me but every time I see this said I take issue with it.

I know it wasnt perfect but G1 wasnt as "full" with holes as many seem to think.
Ok, maybe not "full" of holes. But it was an 80's toon designed to sell toys. I'm a child/fan of the 80's as much as anybody, but I have to be realistic about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
and in stead of in the planet it it was in the form of the cube, which was clever, also the Core of cybertron was the allspark, go watch beast wars and Beast machines

Because Jetfire was the one who hadn't had any enrgon in years and was mode locked, the other transformers presumably had


they went a different direction big deal, inconsequential thing to ***** about
It's not clever. And it's not cannon, which you asked about.

Why did the other transformers have energon? What was the whole point of the sun harvester? Megatron was here since the 1900's. Jetfire was a concorde. See why I say it doesn't make sense?

The direction they went with Soundwave was stupid. Just give him his vocoder.

bell110 is offline  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:06 AM   #125
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,119
Default Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

I agree with Soundwave's voice, shouldnt have been closer to G1. But I was more frustrated with the fact that he barely did anything in the movie

Ipodman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.