The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #451
White_widow
technology theorist

Default Re: How to make the spiderman web shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote-Man View Post
Now you have ME confused, White widow. I have one question: Won't that just spin a circle, not a web?
That depends mostly on the size and speed of the turbine. If it's large then it will spray a cone shape. It's small, it wrap the inside fibers from the outside and they should stick together. If it's fast then the cone shape might happen or it would become a web line. If it's slow, the net will be bigger.

1 1
1 1
1 1
If those 1's are the only places the webs come out, then they will make a single stand each. Make them spin and their only limit is by the inside strands.

Last edited by White_widow; 04-18-2011 at 10:48 AM.
White_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #452
White_widow
technology theorist

cartridges would go under web shooters, formula and theory go under formula, and hot glue melts and mixed go under both, as you can use each seperately.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #453
White_widow
technology theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey44 View Post
When will the new threads be finished.
I just set up the first two with no information posted yet.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...3#post20110783 this is for the shooters themselves.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5#post20110745This is for the miracle polymer known as webbing.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #454
spidey44
Side-Kick

Last edited by spidey44; 04-18-2011 at 11:54 AM.
spidey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #455
White_widow
technology theorist

Thank you for editing that. I don't mean to bag on you or anything. I just don't think it has any relevance to the forum you know?

Last edited by White_widow; 04-18-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #456
White_widow
technology theorist

remember how i told people this was dangerous? I just tested out another co2 cartridge and the tube I was using flew back. I managed to block it with my elbow, but as I'm typing, I'm bleeding from the elbow a decent amount. Just a reminder. Pressure is dangerous.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #457
spidey44
Side-Kick

oh man! how are you testing these.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #458
White_widow
technology theorist

Now.., very carefully. I found a co2 puncturing kit and some tubing. I put water in tube and hit release.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #459
spidey44
Side-Kick

did the water shoot out?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #460
White_widow
technology theorist

Yes. Though water doesn't have very good cohesion. So it spread once it left. That's good though. That means that our will foam quite a bit.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #461
T-Pott

After this project is finished, would anyone be interested in working on another? It's an Iron Man project. I'm not wanting to build this, I am just interested to know whether or not it actually works. I know many of the stuff in the movie and comics are impossible: unlimited energy producing arc reactor, jet boots, etc. But I have some ideas that I think could put us closer to an exoskeleton suit and a power source that wouldn't take up more than six inches in diameter on the suit. If anyone is interested in my ideas, reply back.

T-Pott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #462
T-Pott

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_widow View Post
The net is a simple spinnerette design that I have on another page. I spent a cross-country drive from winter break trying to figure it out. There is a tube that flies spreadshot from the center. On the outside, there was a turbine that spins and the fluid will spin and harden, wrapping the inside strands. I found a comic image that supports it. It is on another page, but seeing as though there are near twenty pages now, I'll repost it.
I think I understand. So would all of the strands be spinning, or just one of them? I also have another question; when you picture the spinerettes, how would you go about implementing them into the shooters? I imagine something like a waterhose nozzle. You crank it left or right, and each crank sprays the fluid a different way. The original nozzle could be set to a single strand of fluid but for instance, you cranked the nozzle to the right, it could switch and spray a thicker strand. Another crank to the right could spray the net. That's just how I pictured the spinnerettes. How would you implement them?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #463
White_widow
technology theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pott View Post
I think I understand. So would all of the strands be spinning, or just one of them? I also have another question; when you picture the spinerettes, how would you go about implementing them into the shooters? I imagine something like a waterhose nozzle. You crank it left or right, and each crank sprays the fluid a different way. The original nozzle could be set to a single strand of fluid but for instance, you cranked the nozzle to the right, it could switch and spray a thicker strand. Another crank to the right could spray the net. That's just how I pictured the spinnerettes. How would you implement them?
It would be eight different strands.There would be many holes in the center. On the outside, but still within the tube, there would be the rotating column with melted on tube fragments that would work. The pressure pushes the column with the attatched wingsforcing it to spin around. Depending on if you add a motor, you can change the speed.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #464
White_widow
technology theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pott View Post
After this project is finished, would anyone be interested in working on another? It's an Iron Man project. I'm not wanting to build this, I am just interested to know whether or not it actually works. I know many of the stuff in the movie and comics are impossible: unlimited energy producing arc reactor, jet boots, etc. But I have some ideas that I think could put us closer to an exoskeleton suit and a power source that wouldn't take up more than six inches in diameter on the suit. If anyone is interested in my ideas, reply back.
Actually, I am going to be working more on a redx project afterwards.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #465
spidey44
Side-Kick

that guy was on Teen Titans wasn't he.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #466
White_widow
technology theorist

Yup. My three favorite heroes in order are Spiderman, redx, and Batman. Batman is the most realistic, redx is less so, and spiderman is the least. Red X combined the powers of spiderman and batman with his own flair.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #467
JMA610
Advanced Webslinger

What kind of a project are you doing that involves him?

JMA610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #468
White_widow
technology theorist

well, the webbing project we have now would give us the adhesive gummy stuff. We don't wave to worry about ninja stars because those can be made with a grinder. I know nothing about cloaking technology. The only thing I can work on is the expanding explosive strips made from a paste and the liquid taser.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #469
JMA610
Advanced Webslinger

Liquid taser, huh? Maybe use a liquid that cannot be too lethal when electrically charged, but enough to stop someone in there tracks. You could store it in a rubber container, but after it is electrified. And paste-explosives? Sounds alot like plastic explosives or C4. Excuse me if I don't understand the concepts of the character, as I really don't know him.

JMA610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #470
White_widow
technology theorist

The mythbusters tested the liquid taser but they didn't consider a colloid shear thinning liquid. It would be a plastic explosive that expands.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #471
White_widow
technology theorist

Alright guys. I am going to school, probably starting a rigorous training schedule to get back into shape, and have a very physically demanding job while applying for scholarships. This project is simply taking too much time. I will be popping in alot less after this post. You guys are smart, you can figure this out. I've reached a point where all I need is the money to build these things (not to mention the time) but it only took me six months of research to get this far without any help from engineers or chemists. (though when I was starting, thebatsam helped a good deal.)Everything you need is on the first nineteen pages of the first forum. If you have any questions after going through that, just let me know by sending me a Pm. I'll pop in occasionally.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #472
T-Pott

Thanks for everything you've left us with. I'll be sad to see you go, but I understand that there are more important things in your life. I assume you'll patent this design as soon as you complete it? I would love to be able to buy one of these some day . Thanks and goodbye White Widow.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #473
White_widow
technology theorist

Thanks for the nice comment ^^. I'm just checking in. I will not be patenting the shooter, but I will be patenting the formula. You should try to make a pair yourself. This project teaches alot of concepts.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #474
T-Pott

So... Anyone making any progress? We can't let this die just because White Widow is gone. I haven't started plans for my shooter yet, but I'd like to know what's in the formula if anybody will IM me.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #475
Spyder

Hi. I'm like new to this web site! I'm a huge fan of the spiderman and all his stickem powers. So you guys are making web shooters? Sounds like fun. I wanna try What do y'all have so far when it comes to designs and schematics and formulas?

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote