The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Old 07-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #651
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Default Re: How to make the spiderman web shooters.

Woah wadaltmon, cool your chiz. I'm sure he has picture and will put up some pictures soon. And if he doesn't, then too bad, aw well.

MarvelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #652
nolder
Web Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelFan View Post
Woah wadaltmon, cool your chiz. I'm sure he has picture and will put up some pictures soon. And if he doesn't, then too bad, aw well.
I think Wadalt was well within his right to ask for proof. We've had alot of newbies (phantom, science kid, and others) come and claim to already have made a web shooter. If that's the case, why are they here? to brag? from now on its pics or it didn't happen.

EDIT: and then once we question those who make the rediculus claims, they give broad answers and they usually leave soon after

Last edited by nolder; 07-25-2012 at 01:04 PM.
nolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #653
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

I know what you mean, I'm just saying, maybe their here to give suggestion and ideas on what they think could be useful for everyone to use in the webshooters. I mean, that's why I joined this forum. Not just to learn more about the webshooters and to see everyone's progress (because I like to see progress in other peoples work), but to put up sugestions that I thought would be useful for everyone to use in their webshooters.

MarvelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #654
nolder
Web Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelFan View Post
I know what you mean, I'm just saying, maybe their here to give suggestion and ideas on what they think could be useful for everyone to use in the webshooters. I mean, that's why I joined this forum. Not just to learn more about the webshooters and to see everyone's progress (because I like to see progress in other peoples work), but to put up sugestions that I thought would be useful for everyone to use in their webshooters.
what you described is perfectly fine. I'm talking about the people (usually kids) who come on here and say "huurrr durrr I built everything so now I am spider-man but I came here to brag". they are lying

Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #655
tannerithinkyes
New User - Level 0

Don't know if this helps but I found this.....

http://wet.kuleuven.be/wetenschapinb.../becker-ea.pdf

tannerithinkyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #656
Fink

Sorry for the late reply, I'm on vacation and the only time I get to go online is when I visit an internet cafe.

I can see why you ask for proof, there's a ton of fakes out there that think they've got it, but they haven't really made it before. They just say it so they get praise.

And that "pics or it didn't happen" argument is weak, according to that logic... My grandma wasn't born. But I promise I will upload pictures as soon as I get home, and I don't like breaking a promise! But for now, I guess I can only describe it, which is hard since I used electricity (I know, I'm a cheater).

My dad was an astrophysicist for NASA before I was born, and now that he's retired, he's spent a lot of time teaching me. I've studied physics long and hard, and I'm certain that all I need to make decent and functional shooter is air pressure and a decent projectile. Since this thread is about shooters, I'll keep it at that.

Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #657
nolder
Web Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
And that "pics or it didn't happen" argument is weak, according to that logic... My grandma wasn't born. But I promise I will upload pictures as soon as I get home, and I don't like breaking a promise! But for now, I guess I can only describe it, which is hard since I used electricity (I know, I'm a cheater).
That's not the same logic. your grandma would have had to have been born for you to be alive and posting right now. If I say I built an invisible death ray on the sun that also time travels, but I have no proof, it is a lie.

EDIT: In fact, I'm going to double down and say considering everything Photoshop can do, "pics or it didn't happen" may not always be adequate. Video may be necessary to convince me. That is only my personal opinion and only in extreme cases like if someone claims to be able to swing or in your case , stick to walls with the gloves you made.

Last edited by nolder; 07-27-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #658
spidey44
Side-Kick

Fink, just post some pictures.

spidey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #659
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I'm on vacation and the only time I get to go online is when I visit an internet cafe.

I can see why you ask for proof, there's a ton of fakes out there that think they've got it, but they haven't really made it before. They just say it so they get praise.

My dad was an astrophysicist for NASA before I was born, and now that he's retired, he's spent a lot of time teaching me. I've studied physics long and hard, and I'm certain that all I need to make decent and functional shooter is air pressure and a decent projectile. Since this thread is about shooters, I'll keep it at that.
1. "Pics or it didn't happen" relates to the embodiment of our time, and the widespread technology, which even the poorest of people have. In this day and age, pretty much everyone has a camera and computer, and has the ability to prove what they are saying. So, pretty much, we are just saying "prove it".
2. Describing something isn't hard if you use electricity... I can describe circuitry well enough, and have someone who has never even seen the back of a PCB understand it.
3. How is using electricity cheating? I think we all will, at some point, use electronics in our shooters.
4. I'm not trying to argue; I just don't want someone else coming in here and telling us how much better they are than us, when they don't know the slightest bit about anything (you aren't, I'm just saying this is what these things usually escalate to).
5. I thank you for not getting riled up about this; usually, if anyone is skeptic of another design without proof, the person who has it starts a flame war. For that I thank you.
6. Also, I do believe what nolder is saying... I think you should provide even a meager video to prove it. Pictures are okay, too, but even so, it's possible to figure out if something is "PhotoShopped" with one simple trick (I won't reveal it here, though, as people could then avoid it).

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #660
AmazingDalton

you should check out biothread its a company that creates artifical webs in small containers its a bit expensive but it is totally worth it

AmazingDalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #661
ragnarland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingDalton View Post
you should check out biothread its a company that creates artifical webs in small containers its a bit expensive but it is totally worth it
Could you please give me a link to this company, or some information about it?

ragnarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #662
Spyder

That thing is a total scam. Trust me. You'd break bank for some dental floss and water. There are only three companied thsat have made spider silk. They are Dupont, Nexia and some university in Germanu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6tWf-VCURs
http://www.floridanature.org/article..._engineers.asp
http://gizmodo.com/artificial-spider-silk/

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #663
Spyder

I mean unless you want to "atart" a web site like this and not even bother to fix it up.
http://biothread.webstarts.com/

in the youtube video the spider isn't the same as on the web site, scientists that are usper smart cant make a decent website. Interesting that they made biocable in 2002 and they could only sell 1000 vials before it went off the market. It's sold out for a really long time.

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #664
Black-Cat

Awesome Re: How to make the spiderman web shooters.

When you guys are all finished with these web shooters I would like to buy a pair if you could sell a pair to me

Black-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #665
spidey44
Side-Kick

I'm not going to sell mine, but maybe someone else will.

spidey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #666
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I don't think anyone would sell ours, except Widow, who is leaving for a while anyway, and just selling the supplies.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #667
RedFirePower

I think that the question has two answers in my opinion.
one: my own Idea : to combine liquid nitrogen along with a putty like substance, allowing for easy liquid storage, and instant solidifying after emerging from the capsule.
two:an idea from another user, (answer below) nylon, or even better, duck tape, bear with me now, this may seem stupid, but think about it, take duck tape roll it widthwise and it is really strong. my only dilema is to fit 100 yards in one capsule any ideas?

RedFirePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #668
Black-Cat

I meant if you guys decide to make a lot and sell them to people

Black-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #669
sharpietwintip

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man's_Web-Shooters Read this, I found it helpful.

sharpietwintip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #670
nathan12
New User - Level 0

this is just all amazing, well hi, im a 16 year old chem student, and i have wanted to make one since i first saw the first spider man! this is just all really good help!! it would be amazing if you could leave me a step by step way to making the actuall web!! ill post my results asap

nathan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #671
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan12 View Post
this is just all amazing, well hi, im a 16 year old chem student, and i have wanted to make one since i first saw the first spider man! this is just all really good help!! it would be amazing if you could leave me a step by step way to making the actuall web!! ill post my results asap
This thread is outdated. Look at the Webbing Formula and Web shooter shop class latest threads. But, anyway...
Try here: realwebtech.webs.com
We have instructables, how to, and many other things there that you can look at.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #672
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I think Fink saw that we were onto him, and never posted his "pictures". For now, we should just take this one as another fake. A fink, if you will.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #673
nolder
Web Slinger

Unhappy Re: How to make the spiderman web shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
I think Fink saw that we were onto him, and never posted his "pictures". For now, we should just take this one as another fake. A fink, if you will.
so sad . but I do like that new term

Old 09-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #674
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolder View Post
so sad . but I do like that new term
"New" term? It's a word...

Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #675
nolder
Web Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
"New" term? It's a word...
ahh I had never heard of that word before!