The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 01-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #26
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Tron Legacy Sequels

I'll make a prediction now based off the feedback I got from Legacy. A sequel will make far less money.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #27
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I liked Legacy, I like to see a sequel and see this franchise grow into something extraordinary .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #28
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

tron legacy was good stuff IMO. Glad to get more (and hopefully an attraction at WDW) movies and cartoons.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #29
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The way Tron has sort of held up at the box office it will probably make barely over $170 million and over $350 worldwide. So I hope we do see a sequel.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #30
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From Cinemablend:
First Tron 3 Trailer May Be On The Tron: Legacy Blu-ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Tyler
The first teaser for Tron: Legacy debuted to audiences at the San Diego Comic Con before they’d even shot a single frame of the film. Actually at the time, they didn’t even have a script, and weren’t entirely sure the movie would be greenlit at all. So I suppose it makes sense that the teaser trailer for Tron 3 might show up pretty far in advance of the next film. At best, the next installment won’t be here before 2013, but we could see the followup’s first trailer this spring.

Tron-Sector claims the first teaser trailer for Tron 3 could debut on the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release of Tron: Legacy. It’s uncertain right now exactly when the film’s Blu-ray will show up here in the United States, but it’s slated to hit Blu-ray in the UK on April 11th. Included with the Tron: Legacy Blu-ray may also be a copy of the original Tron. Incidentally if this happens, that Blu-ray will be the only way anyone can see the original 1982 movie since Disney has pulled any and all other DVD releases of Tron off of store shelves and has yet to announce any sort of replacement.

So if this rumor pans out, the DVD and Blu-ray release of Tron: Legacy will basically be your only way to see anything Tron-related. It’ll contain the original movie, the sequel, and the first teaser trailer for the third Tron film. Disney’s definitely hoping to move some serious product.
From Tron-Sector:
TRON 3 Green Lit: Teaser Trailer on DVD & Blu-Ray
Quote:
We recently posted that Harry Knowles at Ain't It Cool News reported a sequel to TRON: LEGACY is close to being green lit -- now at TRON-SECTOR we are hearing that not only is it green lit, but there will be a teaser trailer for TRON 3 on the upcoming DVD and Blu-Ray releases of TRON & TRON: LEGACY. This is exciting news -- and we'll make sure and keep you posted as more details come forth. - Jay

Gabe99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #31
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....

Yaaaaaaaaay

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #32
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Great news

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #33
CGHulk
Green Guy

Awesome News!

Edit: Sorry about below I have no idea how that happened!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-21-2011 at 12:15 AM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #34
CGHulk
Green Guy

Edit.

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #35
CGHulk
Green Guy

Edit.

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-21-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #36
CGHulk
Green Guy

Edit.

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-21-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #37
Karelia
We Are Groot

That's really, really great news to hear.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #38
Karelia
We Are Groot

That's really, really great news to hear.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #39
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

awesome!

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #40
Dark Guardian
Guardian of Gotham

Tron: Legacy has been getting criticism from mostly people who just don't get it. Sadly, these are the people who go to the movie and can tell that there's something profound there that they should be picking up on, and it frustrates them that they can't. So they go and bash the film to cover up their ineptitude.

Tron: Legacy is a beautiful film for those who truly appreciate films and it deserves a sequel.

I.N.W.T=In Nolan We Trust
Dark Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 AM   #41
dark_b
Side-Kick

i think Disney will not again greenlight and make a Tron movie based on the internet reaction to a teaser trailer.

you know since ................we dont matter at the BO.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
chapin
Side-Kick

finally! after weeks of waiting. Tron: Legacy is at my local theater! cant wait

chapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #43
venom892
Got Lucky

Enjoy it.It's quite the experience.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #44
chaseter
Bland User

If that is true, I hope Disney can pull in a better profit with the sequel. Enjoyed Legacy but I never thought they would do a sequel based of the disappointing box office.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #45
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Guardian View Post
Tron: Legacy has been getting criticism from mostly people who just don't get it. Sadly, these are the people who go to the movie and can tell that there's something profound there that they should be picking up on, and it frustrates them that they can't. So they go and bash the film to cover up their ineptitude.

Tron: Legacy is a beautiful film for those who truly appreciate films and it deserves a sequel.
I dont think there was anything not to get. Some people just didnt enjoy the story

Happy about teaser news. I hope its true

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #46
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Isn't that the trailer/preview for the upcoming animated tv-series will be available on the DVD/Blu-Ray also? Hope they didn't confuse between them both.

Anyway it's awesome if the rumor regarding a teaser trailer for Tron 3 is true.

Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:24 AM   #47
XxDelta09xX
Look up in the Sky

Awesome News!!!

"In the brightest day, In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!"
XxDelta09xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #48
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

I think I read a link to an article somewhere on this board that Pixar will probably be involved in a much larger capacity on the story end of things. If that's the case, then it would definitely be a perfect fit for them. Disney has always been more suited for "Once upon a time..." type stuff, which is probably why they didn't do Tron: Legacy as well as they could have.

Pixar is perfect for the "What if..." kind of stuff, which is the category that the Tron franchise fits into (i.e.-- "What if there was a digital world where vehicles existed, circuits were like roads, and programs were like people?"). I mean, imagine how many people would flock to theaters if they saw the Pixar logo attached to the next movie?

I'm definitely looking forward to how this turns out.

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #49
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From AICN:
TRON 3 teaser details... tis true!
Quote:
SPOILER ALERT !!
Hey folks, Harry here in rehab for my back surgery. Today, it seems my equilibrium, center of gravity and legs have all begun shoring up. Still a long way to go, but damn - this is exciting to be living through. Almost as exciting as the details that I got from the footage that was shot BEFORE Thanksgiving of last year to be a teaser of the future, it seems.

I was contacted by someone that worked on the shoot for this DVD Extra. That this person's experience on set gave him, it will be made up of at least 3 scenes.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
One includes Bruce Boxleitner (as Alan) and Dan Shor (as Ram). Turns out that "Ram" was apparently running the FLYNN LIVES campaign and he's frantically destroying all of that data and files, as Alan confronts him. Dan apparently utters the line, "Why did Kevin give you the cool name" - which means to my way of thinking that after Flynn came out of the Grid, he sought out the human soul of Ram and befriended him and started calling him RAM - you know - some geek that wrote that Actuarial Program that helped people plan for the future. I sorta love that. And love that the kindness Flynn showed this lowly geek, apparently created a gung ho champion for the life and memory of Kevin Flynn.

Another has Quora showing up to ENCOM and getting acousted by the press because she's riding Sam's Ducati - and states that she just spoke with Kevin Flynn, yesterday!

The last scene that was shot in this mini-shoot involved text screens where you see the Father & Son... The Dillingers stating that everything is going as planned.

That particular bit has me giddy beyond ****ing words.

Gabe99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #50
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post

Cant wait

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote