The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #76
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Default Re: Tron Legacy Sequels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
if the sequel happens WIlde will not be back. she is now becoming big. and for the sequel you want a bigger paycheck. and i think Disney would not give her. if of course she is not anymore the IT girl then it could happen. but i doubt it.

Bridges of course will not be back.
Bridges will be back;

"FLYNN LIVES"

He was the main reason this one came out, watch the special features. The Dude truly respects and loves TRON.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #77
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

So I watched Tron: Legacy for the first time last night. I liked it. I had no idea it was Cillian Murphy who played the software engineer at the beginning. In fact, I had no idea he was the son of the original movie's villain. So it was cool to find that out. I'm really interested in seeing the aftermath of Wilde's character coming to the real world. So I'm excited for a sequel if there ever is one.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #78
Blackman
C'mon Son

what are some plot ideas that you guys have for the 3rd one? I cant really think of any

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #79
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

OMG, so many

- Dillinger, Jr. (Cillian) finding out about Quorra and trying to take advatage of her for business reasons
- ^or used to destroy the real world for perfection, like what FLYNN was scared of CLU doing if he got out
- FLYNN becoming more of a GOD "creator" of TRON and what may entail with his "powers" or "ideology" of this creation
- FLYNN coming back to "real world"
- More adventure into how the TRON world can me explored and created by others
- More crazy vehicles

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R

Last edited by antsman41; 04-07-2011 at 02:48 PM.
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #80
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

They better have a finished script when they start filming the sequel. That is if Disney green-lit a sequel.

Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #81
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From /film:
‘TRON: Legacy’ Director Joseph Kosinski Talks ‘TRON 3′ Plot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germain Lussier""
Remember the good old days of 2010 when it seemed like we posted a story about TRON or TRON: Legacy every day? With the Blu-rays out now, it feels like a perfect time to go back those good old days, bask in the nostalgia, and talk about what’s next for the franchise, mainly TRON 3. Though TRON: Legacy‘s success was a point of contention, it ended up just about making back its reported $170 million budget in the United States and totaling about $400 million worldwide. Not a super crazy blockbuster, but not numbers Disney can ignore either. Rumors about a sequel began to spread.

Legacy director Joseph Kosinski has been out stomping for the Blu-ray and, in one interview, was pretty frank about where he thinks a sequel would start and what it would contain. He also confirmed that early story talks have begun. Read some of his quotes after the break.

In an interview with Assignment X, Kosinski said that a story was currently being hammered out and, once that was done, they’d get to work on the script. “Once we get a script we’re all really happy with, we’ll take it to the powers that be and see if we can go back to the grid,” he said. No word on who “we” is but it’s safe to assume it could be Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, who wrote the first film. He continued:

Quote:
I think we will pick with where TRON: LEGACY left off with Quorra in the real world and what does that mean and the possibilities it opens up for the next chapter. It’s that relationship between the two of them that’s the next step.
He also agreed that the son of Dillinger, played by Cillian Murphy, would have to play a big role:

Quote:
Dillinger was a really important part of the first film and felt like an easy way to continue that storyline and thread to have his son in the new movie. That way you have people ask those questions of what the Dillinger legacy is in the world of TRON. We didn’t want to ignore it completely and it leaves a really nice springboard for some intertwining development for the next film.
Nothing groundbreaking or that one couldn’t deduce from simply seeing the movie, but it’s always nice to hear it from the source. The tentative plan is for Kosinski to try and make Horizons or The Black Hole while the TRON 3 script is being written, then jump into that if everything falls into place. That’s a lot of things that need to happen but it’s decidedly possible.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #82
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From The Playlist:
Joseph Kosinski On Why Disney Passed On ‘Oblivion,’ Weighs In On Possible ‘Tron’ Sequel
Quote:
But “Tron: Legacy” is the perfect definition of the New Blockbuster. To Disney, the $320 million spent on “Tron: Legacy” is cash thrown towards an ancillary. The film is part of a multimedia assault, one that includes the multiple Daft Punk soundtrack releases, DVD packaging and repackaging opportunities, video games, toys and the full-court press being given to the star-studded upcoming television show. To be able to say the ‘Tron’ experiment (re-energizing a long-dead brand name over multiple mediums) was a success would be to have access to Disney’s elaborate ‘Tron’ portfolio. The movie and Joseph Kosinski are only small parts of a huge puzzle. Which is a way of saying that in the current blockbuster moviemaking paradigm, the movie doesn’t entirely matter anymore.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #83
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.
From Digital Spy:
'Tron: Legacy' director teases sequel

Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #84
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From AICN:
TRON 3 Will Likely Happen!
Quote:
Nordling here.

I'll give TRON: LEGACY another shot. I have the double-feature Blu-Ray at the house. I didn't like the film when I first saw it in December. I think the film's got too much fat on it, and in comparison with the ideas of the original film, I thought LEGACY didn't add much to the table. But I'm willing to see it again and reassess it if the film warrants it.

Harry's said for months that another sequel will probably happen, and according to Deadline, since T:L broke box office records for first-time director Joseph Kosinski, it looks like we'll get another go-around on the Game Grid. Kosinski would likely return, along with LEGACY screenwriters Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.

I don't think they'll get the budget they received for LEGACY, so I'd imagine the story should wind up much tighter. The original film, in regards to pacing, is practically a Swiss clock in relation to LEGACY. I liked the idea of the ISOs, sentient programs created without User input, but the film didn't do anything with it. TRON's imagery may seem retro today, but it at least had more colors than blue, black, and yellow. Eh, don't get me started. Harry told me he felt like LEGACY was a "middle" film, a transition between the original and the more complicated computer ideas of today that the third film will likely portray. I'll watch it again with that in mind. I'm still a huge fan of the original film, dated as it may be, and I'm glad I got that film on Blu-Ray, at least. If the third film touches upon the Internet, and the expanded universe we all share, it could very well be amazing.

Nordling, out.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #85
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't think that that it's impossible for another Tron movie to be made but I still don't think that it's slam dunk situation. And it will obviously have to have a much lower budget and less stupid screenplay.

Also Legacy didn't break any boxoffice records.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #86
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Why The Box Office Doesn’t Matter Anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme McMillan

I think it was the news that the follow-up to Tron: Legacy was moving ahead, despite the relative disappointment of last year’s 20-years-after-the-fact sequel, that made me really stop and think: When will we all stop paying attention to the box office?

Here’s the thing: Tron: Legacy barely broke even at the US box office – I think it made $1 million more than it cost – which means that it actually lost money, when you factor in promotion costs. And yet, Disney pretty much had to greenlight the follow-up, because it had already invested so much in the brand (Not just Legacy, but the two separate animated series set to spin-off from it, the remastered reissue of the original on DVD and BluRay and tie-in videogames, comics and other material). Before the release of the movie, executives were talking about Tron being positioned as one of Disney’s major boy-centric brands, and apparently, not even a critically-panned, medium-level success movie can stand in its way.

Don’t worry; Legacy will be fine; it’ll make a reasonable profit now that it’s on BluRay, especially with the 3D BluRay edition. But that’s not anything new; there have been movies that have flopped in theaters but found audiences large enough on home release that a sequel has ended up happening (Why, Boondock Saints, how fetching and yet entirely unwatchable you seem today), enough to make me wonder whether box office even counts as the primary market for movies these days. After all, the longer shelf-life is home entertainment, and with studios already signed up to a premium VoD service sending movies to televisions just 60 days after theater release, that seems to be something that’s become even more the case, rather than going in the opposite direction.

(One of the reasons why so many studios – all of the majors save Paramount – have signed on to Home Premiere, the DirecTV premium VoD scheme is apparently that movies only have, on average, a 56 day lifespan in theaters. Which, let’s face it, isn’t very long at all.)

On top of all of that, looking at the box office as a gauge for success seems even less reliable when you consider two more factors: Multiple ticket prices and inflated demand. With IMAX and 3D in the mix, movies can take the top spot in terms of money earned in a particular amount of time without actually being the most successful movie in the same period, purely because IMAX and 3D tickets cost more… which kind of undermines the entire point of tracking box office take in the first place, surely. Not only that, but on the rare occasion when a movie is a genuine, honest-to-goodness hit, that’s something that can be entirely missed when looking at the weekly box office, because a steady, long-term earner can be eclipsed by the rush to see that weekend’s latest flash in the pan (See How To Train Your Dragon last year, for example).

So with all of these reasons not to focus on box office, what are the odds that the movie industry will look at the bigger picture when it comes to determining success or making decisions? I’d like to believe they’d be pretty good, but then I remember that there’s a third Transformers movie coming out this summer…

Old 04-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #87
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

These sort of arguments can only be justified if they actually make a third movie IMHO.

While I would love to see a third movie and optimistically open to the idea of one, I'm not going to hold my breath. Disney has not really come out and openly committed to one.

But then again, Pirates of the Carribbean still got a fourth movie even though the third one cost a ton and was critically panned barely broke even in the US but it did make a huge chunk overseas. So who knows. I imagine if on Stranger Tides does well and if Depp is up for it, they'd even make a fifth movie.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #88
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I imagine if on Stranger Tides does well and if Depp is up for it, they'd even make a fifth movie.
There's already a plan to shoot five and six back to back.

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 04-09-2011 at 08:31 PM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #89
Eelectro 2
Side-Kick

i do hope stranger tides does well enough for disney to realize this franchise is worth putting what money that have left for films into, with good scriptwritters of course. honestly, even tho nobody here would want to admit to it, i would love love love to see 5 and 6 be a 2-part story again. no other series has done that, for me, dmc and awe are all right up there with cotbp and the new one no doubt will be just as good to me. davy jones, the kraken, tia dalma, sao feng, will and elizabeths stories being concluded in a grand way, etc etc were all great ideas and executed wonderously. i think itd be so cool to see another 2-parter that had the ideas to make something like that possible again. however, if the ideas arent there, dont force them. obviously dmc and awe had enough ideas to span 2 films (altho people on here seem to think it should have been one movie, that wouldnt have worked) but if they can come up with a villain or villains to fill a 2-movie slot and a story that is well worth telling (and some kind of supernatural element to it that isnt laughable) i am sold. as cool as the single entry films go i think if they make another one a 6th film will be difficult if its another standalone. what worked for me is there were so many things going on for the 2-parter before that over 2 movies things were fleshed out and came together nicely

Eelectro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #90
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Tron: Legacy Sequel in Motion with New Writer

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ion-new-195714

Quote:
David DiGilio has been tapped to write the sequel to Tron: Legacy.

At the same time, the scribe has sold a pitch for post-apocalyptic sci-fi series to Showtime titled Last H.O.P.E.

The Tron project is an intriguing proposition for the studio. Despite Tron: Legacy's high cost and lukewarm response from certain quarters, it grossed more than $400 million worldwide, not enough of a slamdunk to make a sequel an automatic go but enough to show an interest in that world exists.

Also helping would be the R&D that went into building Legacy, whose base of designs and technology would serve to lower the costs of any sequel.

Adam Horowitz and Adam Kitsis, who worked on Legacy, were slated to return but got waylaid by Once Upon a Time, the fairy tale show they created for ABC and is debuting this fall.

The vacancy allowed DiGilio to slide in with a take that would build on the first two movies.

But part of the decision to ultimately move forward on a third movie may rest on the performance of Tron Uprising, the animated show which will air on Disney XD next year.

Since it is early in the development process, it's unclear whether Joseph Kosinski would return to the director's chair.

On DiGilio's TV front, Last H.O.P.E. stands for Last Hospital On Planet Earth. Loglines are being kept under wraps but it is described as being a cross of Mad Max and M.A.S.H.

DiGilio came out of Disney's writers program and wrote Eight Below, the Paul Walker canine nature adventure, for the studio. He also created Traveler, the 2007 terrorist thriller show which starred Matt Bomer.

The writer, repped by UTA and manager Stephen Crawford, is currenlty writing techno thriller Daemon with producer Walter Parkes, which marks the latter's first return to the keyboard since 1992's Sneakers.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #91
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

PUMPED!

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #92
Blackman
C'mon Son

Nice.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #93
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

I'm not familiar with the screenwriter. Doesn't matter anyway, I just hope that the script is better this time.

Sgt.Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #94
bullets
bang bang

This is good news. I want a Tron trilogy.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #95
dark_b
Side-Kick

so they will whait until the animated series is out ? interesting.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 AM   #96
Crockett
With Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
so they will whait until the animated series is out ? interesting.
That is if Disney do greenlit this one, they'll wait for the script and then we'll see if they do move forward.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:51 AM   #97
CGHulk
Green Guy

Awesome news!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:26 AM   #98
Sundancer
Cynicist

I attended Bruce Boxleitner's panel at Phoenix comicon. He said David Warner (Dillinger Sr.) had been lobbying to get into Legacy and he speculated that something along the lines that you don't hire someone like Cilian Murphy for just a cameo. Plus the Easter Egg on the Blu-ray gives us a direction.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #99
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From AICN:
Tron Talks TR3N!!

Tron 3 confirmed by Bruce Boxleitner AKA Tron - Alan Bradley at D23 expo!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #100
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User