The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
SatEL
Banned User

Default How should Superman make his introduction in the new movie?

Just finished watching STM after reading Earth one I needed something to get that whiner out of my mind. Anyway I think STM has one of the best if not the very best introduction of Superman ever including in comic books. Yes I have read, Birthright, Secret origins etc....., I dont know maybe its due to the music and the build up of finally having him make his grand entrance. Hell even the little touch with the pimp is just beautiful "hey Jim wohooooooo thats a bad outfit". So how would you like Superman to make his entrance in this movie and what will you have him do?

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Default Re: How should Superman make his introduction in the new movie?

Maybe they should go the Lois and Clark route and have his first act of heroism be eating a bomb.

I don't know but I can guarantee that Lois is going to be the person he saves first. I wonder if they will have Clark/Superman do the iconic Shirt Rip for his unveiling

7heBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

It all depends on whether or not this movie would be an origin tale.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
epc11223
Side-Kick

if its not an origin film, i think they should go with some alien lookin creature being punched through from metropolis to china and then superman speeding through the sky to catch him. first you just see a fist and the alien being punched but you dont see superman yet. then you see him flying through the clouds really fast until you see the alien looking creature being caught. then you see "superman saves the day again" on the front cover of the planet. then you see clark kent and how he is at the daily planet. the weak alien is going to be like a foreshadow to how much of a difficult time superman has with brainiac. brainiac is going to be a setup to superman's homeworld and in this version, i dont think he's going to know about krypton until brainiac, ala stas.

epc11223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
It all depends on whether or not this movie would be an origin tale.
yeah, true...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
Maybe they should go the Lois and Clark route and have his first act of heroism be eating a bomb.

I don't know but I can guarantee that Lois is going to be the person he saves first. I wonder if they will have Clark/Superman do the iconic Shirt Rip for his unveiling
Well, he saved a guy that works in the sewers, published a great article about theater and love for acting, saved Lois and Jimmy from an explosion, ate the bomb and carried the space shuttle to the space station. I say that was quite AWESOME. You may complain what u want about Lois & Clark but the pilot was amazing and on the spot!!!

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
Well, he saved a guy that works in the sewers, published a great article about theater and love for acting, saved Lois and Jimmy from an explosion, ate the bomb and carried the space shuttle to the space station. I say that was quite AWESOME. You may complain what u want about Lois & Clark but the pilot was amazing and on the spot!!!
AND it had the Bonnie Tyler "holding out for a hero" costume try out montage.. Awesome! (And no sarcasm intended I genuinly love that montage)

But back on topic...
Superman introduction shoulb be BIG, BOLD, BREATHTAKING.
Think SR's 777 rescue.. but BIGGER!

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am not criticizing the show as a whole, I really like Lois and Clark. I just think his First Act of Heroism as Superman could have been better than eating a bomb. Flying through the air catching lois and then a helicopter carrying both to safety is a lot cooler than just putting something in your mouth

Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenjo View Post
AND it had the Bonnie Tyler "holding out for a hero" costume try out montage.. Awesome! (And no sarcasm intended I genuinly love that montage)

But back on topic...
Superman introduction shoulb be BIG, BOLD, BREATHTAKING.
Think SR's 777 rescue.. but BIGGER!
I agreed, most epic 60 seconds from any TV Show/ Movie Ever. I was pretty disappointed though that they didn't go with the leopard print costume

Old 11-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #10
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
I am not criticizing the show as a whole, I really like Lois and Clark. I just think his First Act of Heroism as Superman could have been better than eating a bomb. Flying through the air catching lois and then a helicopter carrying both to safety is a lot cooler than just putting something in your mouth
His first act of heroism was saving the space plane from a terrorist and carrying it to the the space station. How`s that ordinary?

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
His first act of heroism was saving the space plane from a terrorist and carrying it to the the space station. How`s that ordinary?
I didn't say it was ordinary, but that doesn't make it cool and exciting. He saved the shuttle by eating the bomb. It's lame. If I liked that sort of stuff than maybe I would go to the Kirby forums, but i don't. Lifting the shuttle doesn't count as part of the rescue anyway, because once the bomb is gone there was no more danger. It's not like leaving the shuttle there put anyone in immediate danger. He did it out of kindness. Yeah, It was a great display of power but it wasn't his "entrance". Eating the bomb was his entrance.

Don't you think that it would have been more exciting if say the shuttle actually did take off but the rockets failed before making it to space. So the shuttle is plummeting toward earth but then Superman comes in and saves the day.

or would you prefer that zack snyder goes with the eating a bomb thing?

Old 11-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #12
Octoberist
point blank

On a toilet.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
The Guard
Side-Kick

It will be like this:

INT. DAILY PLANET ROOF ACCESS STAIRWELL

The door opens and Clark jogs up the stairwell, removing his glasses. Another few steps, and he steps OFF the stairs. He's FLOATING up them. No...FLYING. Clark SOARS up the stairs, RIPPING open his shirt, revealing a familiar RED AND GOLD S-SHIELD on a field of bright blue.

EXT. DAILY PLANET ROOFTOP - DAY

An iconic revolving gilded GLOBE. A blue and red BLUR BULLETS INTO THE SKIES,
SUCKING CLOUDS INTO ITS WAKE. A tremendous SONIC BOOM echoes above

The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #14
O_B_Juan
Your only hope

Bring Superman in by having him save a scared Jimmy Olsen from a deranged cyborg sasquatch.

O_B_Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
7heBoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It will be like this:

The door opens and Clark jogs up the stairwell, removing his glasses. Another few steps, and he steps OFF the stairs. He's FLOATING up them. No...FLYING. Clark SOARS up the stairs, RIPPING open his shirt, revealing a familiar RED AND GOLD S-SHIELD on a field of bright blue.

Sounds good to me

Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
archangel_jay
Give the Devil its due!

id actually love the opposite to what people expect....show metroplis under threat/siege for the first 15-20mins of the film and then like a storm you see a funnel of cloud whirling and hear a crack of thunder then suddenly a blur of red and blue through the center of the funnel and superman arrives....yes i know 15-20mins with out superman is prob too long for most people but done right it could be such an epic arrival and turn out to be just the beginning of the threat metropolis faces

archangel_jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
On a toilet.
That is definitely something we've never seen before.LOL!

Old 11-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
GreenKToo
In the fire

It really doesnt matter if its an origin tale or an established Superman film, because whichever it is the first reveal to the audience will need to be something big. It needs to start off with a bang, not a whimper.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #19
maenalus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
On a toilet.
Realism.

...and when you find Hop Toad, give him five pieces of gold for his entertaining jest!

maenalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
The_Beav
Side-Kick

This question worries me. While I like the Donner film a lot, it is very adult. By that I mean there is a lot of story and not a lot of action. The movie goes on for quite some time before you actually see Superman. It works in the Donner film, but could easily flop. I think I would rather not see a rehash of Superman from Superman's point of view. Something new, and new twist. Maybe the Superman story from Lois' or Jimmy's point of view. So we are not an insider into Superman, but an observer. No corny glances at the audience stuff. A real trick by the director would be to make us not notice Clark. While we know he is Superman, no need to emphasize it.

As such, to answer the question. Superman should be revealed in the opening scenes. To stick with canon, rescuing Lois.

The_Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #21
hulk24
Side-Kick

dancing and singing I feel pretty then punching the villian when he makes fun of him

hulk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

The camera zooms in from behind some guy, perched on the ledge of a building rooftop, and as the camera zooms in on him, he suddently leaps off the ledge. The camera then follows his descent downwards, and all of a sudden we see the guy begin to lose his suit and change into superman. He then zooms upwards and out of shot over Metropolis. Theme Music Kicks In. Roll Intro Credits.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #23
Zack Snyder
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It will be like this:

Eh... If it leads up to a rescue of some kind I guess that's alright.

Zack Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote