The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 11-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
JabarR
Side-Kick

Default Madonna

Since nobody else has yet to do a thread about Madonna, I'll be the first! But I'm mainly a fan of her early work, like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

JabarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
JabarR
Side-Kick

Default Re: Madonna

Anyone?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
JabarR
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabarR View Post
Since nobody else has yet to do a thread about Madonna, I'll be the first! But I'm mainly a fan of her early work, like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That's Favorite Madonna Song of all time ...

...I love all her work from her first album up to Erotica...although I do enjoy a few tracks from Bedtime Stories...

...also I love Express Yourself, Like A Prayer, True Blue...I can go on and on lol

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
JabarR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
That's Favorite Madonna Song of all time ...

...I love all her work from her first album up to Erotica...although I do enjoy a few tracks from Bedtime Stories...

...also I love Express Yourself, Like A Prayer, True Blue...I can go on and on lol
If Madonna were to do an official biopic about herself, who you think should play her in her younger years? If you ask me, Kirsten Dunst would be the perfect candidate:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
If Madonna were to do an official biopic about herself, who you think should play her in her younger years? If you ask me, Kirsten Dunst would be the perfect candidate:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I honestly can't think of anyone to portray her......in my eyes, right now, I don't think anyone could do her justice...

...I currently have Deeper & Deeper stuck in my head......well, It's usually stuck in my head!

I see you like Borderline (ME TOO!), what's your favorite album, other song's?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
JabarR
Side-Kick

I only like her early stuff like:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

but I do like:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
I only like her early stuff like:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

but I do like:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Me TOO! ...oh gosh...I haven't heard Cherish in a good long while Thanks for posting it...

Old 12-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
JabarR
Side-Kick

OK, anybody else?

Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
JabarR
Side-Kick

Guess nobody else likes her.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

...I listened to Borderline the other day...thats my absolute favorite song...

Old 10-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
JabarR
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Love that vid, one of my favorites.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
JabarR
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
JabarR
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

I only own 'The immaculate Collection', and I do like most of that best of collection, and I would say that 'Like A Prayer' is one of my favourite songs of all time, like, if i was immortal, haha, that level of fav of all time.

When i was first was getting into music i had three tapes i used to listen to all the time, one was a collection of the latest UK pop hits, which featured Like a Prayer, so i got into it that far back, one of the first songs i got into.
It was the single version/mix that was on that album, after i lost that tape it was a couple of years before i got a copy of the album version, and i was so used to the single mix, i was a little pissed i only had that album mix, but y'know, you get into that version, and now the album mix is my favourite version, although i do still like the single mix a lot, and get a huge kick out of hearing it again if it happens to come on the radio.

and a fun fact: The actor who played the contraversial 'Black Jesus' in the video, also played the gang leader who was executed a couple of episodes into the first season of Oz. I am getting a total brain fart on his name, can't recall it.
But, aye, it's a great video as well.

Looking at the back of the album cover , I can't really say there is any of the 17songs on there i dislike at all.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 10-29-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #17
JabarR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
I only own 'The immaculate Collection', and I do like most of that best of collection, and I would say that 'Like A Prayer' is one of my favourite songs of all time, like, if i was immortal, haha, that level of fav of all time.

When i was first was getting into music i had three tapes i used to listen to all the time, one was a collection of the latest UK pop hits, which featured Like a Prayer, so i got into it that far back, one of the first songs i got into.
It was the single version/mix that was on that album, after i lost that tape it was a couple of years before i got a copy of the album version, and i was so used to the single mix, i was a little pissed i only had that album mix, but y'know, you get into that version, and now the album mix is my favourite version, although i do still like the single mix a lot, and get a huge kick out of hearing it again if it happens to come on the radio.

and a fun fact: The actor who played the contraversial 'Black Jesus' in the video, also played the gang leader who was executed a couple of episodes into the first season of Oz. I am getting a total brain fart on his name, can't recall it.
But, aye, it's a great video as well.

Looking at the back of the album cover , I can't really say there is any of the 17songs on there i dislike at all.

If Madonna were to do an official biopic of herself, who you think should play her?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
If Madonna were to do an official biopic of herself, who you think should play her?
ehhhh, haha, honest answer, no ideas on that one whatsoever, I'd have to think about that.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
JabarR
Side-Kick

Quote:
ehhhh, haha, honest answer, no ideas on that one whatsoever, I'd have to think about that.

Well IMO, the only person I can think of that can play her is the one I've mentioned, Kirsten Dunst.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

eh, I dunno, she can act, but I can't see her pulling off the raunchy side of the performance on stage, because you would need that in the film.
I would want an actress who could sing as well, like they did with Val Kilmer in the Doors, because when they do the lip synching with the singer's original recordings(like with Kurt Russell in that Elvis tv movie), no matter how well they snych it up, it feels 100% fake and takes you right out of the reality of the film.
She can sing well enough for the role, as we saw in Spider-man 3, but it's the stage performance I would worry about, can't see her inhabiting that kind of performance really.

Ok, so I was thinking... I saw Anne Hathaway doing a good bit of stage performing along those lines in a scene in 'Bride Wars', so if she can sing reasonably well, I'd give her the gig.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
JabarR
Side-Kick

Quote:
eh, I dunno, she can act, but I can't see her pulling off the raunchy side of the performance on stage, because you would need that in the film.
I would want an actress who could sing as well, like they did with Val Kilmer in the Doors, because when they do the lip synching with the singer's original recordings(like with Kurt Russell in that Elvis tv movie), no matter how well they snych it up, it feels 100% fake and takes you right out of the reality of the film.
She can sing well enough for the role, as we saw in Spider-man 3, but it's the stage performance I would worry about, can't see her inhabiting that kind of performance really.

Ok, so I was thinking... I saw Anne Hathaway doing a good bit of stage performing along those lines in a scene in 'Bride Wars', so if she can sing reasonably well, I'd give her the gig.
Well, I feel Kirsten can pull it off. Besides, Angela Bassett pulled off playing Tina Turner, so Kirsten can definitely pull off the role of Madonna.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Well, I feel Kirsten can pull it off. Besides, Angela Bassett pulled off playing Tina Turner, so Kirsten can definitely pull off the role of Madonna.
Angela Bassett has that really strong take charge kind of persona that is fitting for Tina Turner though.
I don't think Kirsten Dunst has the kind of raunchy side to her sexuality that a Madonna performance on stage demands.
She has more of a 'girl-next-door' vibe when it comes to her onscreen demeanor, and even when they cast her as Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-man films, that was the aspect they concentrated on, rather than the brash talkative supermodel persona.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #23
JabarR
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think Kirsten Dunst has the kind of raunchy side to her sexuality that a Madonna performance on stage demands.
She has more of a 'girl-next-door' vibe when it comes to her onscreen demeanor, and even when they cast her as Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-man films, that was the aspect they concentrated on, rather than the brash talkative supermodel persona.
That's why she should play Madonna. She can step outside of her comfort zone and do something different. She managed to pull off Madonna in this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #24
Cheezypenguin

wait madonna is still alive

Cheezypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #25
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Quote: