Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

.Character you wish to portray:
Ultimate Bane

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:
Villain

.Powers and physical attributes:
Genius intelligence, master strategist, experience with countless forms of weaponry, master martial artist, and peak human conditioning.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):
A nameless child born into the infamously hellish prison of Peńa Duro, in the small South American island country of Santa Prisca, miraculously survived the grueling pressures of life inside for as far as into his late teens, becoming hardened emotionally, physically, and intellectually before being rescued from such a life by a man who the Nameless One knew only as "The Demon." Never told why The Demon was so interested in him, the boy was trained by the League of Shadows, furthering both his scholarly and tactical studies, as well as rising to among the highest ranks of martial artists in the League, and perhaps the world. The Demon had grown to trust him over the many years of tutelage, and had even expressed his growing desire for the Nameless One to eventually become his heir and hopefully take his daughter, Talia's, hand in marriage at the time of his assuming such a role. Few things had ever brought a smile to the Nameless One's face. The Demon's offer, however, did.

After years of this training, the Nameless One took on a particularly special, and highly personal, long-term mission for the League of Shadows, involving going back to his home country of Santa Prisca and situating himself within its drug trade to take down the criminal operations from the inside. After five years of effort, the mission was a success and he finally left Santa Prisca to tell The Demon of his victory, only to find that his savior and the League of Shadows had disappeared, and the love of Talia that he had been promised had been taken from this world shortly before his return.

Without anyone in the world to turn to, the man investigated what little remained of the League's temple, discovering that The Demon had found another candidate to become his heir, and that Talia had found love in the arms of a student who had come into The Demon's teachings not long after the Nameless One had left for Santa Prisca years ago. "Wayne" was this usurper's name. In learning these facts, the man finally found a name for himself; he would find this "Bruce Wayne," and would rob him of everything that he held dear - he would be the Bane of his existence, and finally break him into dust in his hands!

Last season, we saw Bane slowly and systematically gaining control of various gangs and crime families in Gotham City, and making alliances with several others, such as Oswald Cobblepot and Richard Dragon. He also stalked the Batman during the nights, studying the movements of Gotham's Dark Knight and recognized them as belonging to an advanced student of the League of Shadows. Putting two and two together, Bane realized that Bruce Wayne was the Batman and further endeavored to end him. As the first season concluded, Bane and Batman finally met face to face and fought while carnage erupted around them at a Maroni Family wedding. As police began to close in on them, Bane made his escape from the scene and set about assuming command of the now leaderless Maroni crime family.

.The burning question - Why this character?:
I played him all through the first season and still have big plans for his future in the game. I love the character and I want to do what I can to get him away from the image of the steroid-pumping thug that every version of him outside the comics continually perpetuates.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
He's not addicted to venom, but like his counterpart in the regular DCU who got over his addiction to the drug (way back in 1995 ), Ultimate Bane's physical strength is still far above the norm. His backstory has also differed to include Ra’s Al Ghul in his scholarly studies and training, rather than Bane being entirely self-taught. In concordance with MB's version of Batman's origin, this also gives Bane a more personal reason for wanting to defeat and humiliate Batman, other than simply wanting to crush the symbol that the Bat represents (ala the mainstream Bane).

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:
Dedication and a strong desire to keep this character going after seeing how much people seemed to enjoy it last season.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:
Quote:
Batman is at last aware of my existence and that I am a threat to him and Gotham City. He also knows I carry on the legacy of Ra's Al Ghul, but why am I causing this carnage, and to what extent my goals lie, are for me to know and for Wayne to find out.

Discreetly making my way to a secluded alley, I take to the shadows just as a police cruiser drives by with sirens blazing. This area of the city is in chaos at the moment, and the violence of tonight will only breed more bloodshed before the city's population regains their senses. Reaching into a compartment on my belt, I pull out a small radio receiver tuned to the police band and switch it on.

--epeat: Maroni, Salvatore, D.O.A.. Cause of death: defenestration. No suspects at this time.--

Splendid. Even though the coward escaped my sights, he couldn't cheat death for long. Someone took it upon themselves to do the noble deed that I was too occupied to accomplish myself. Unlike the killing of Bruce Wayne, Maroni's death was not something that I needed to do personally. His murder being on the hands of someone else makes no difference to me and suits my purposes all the same.

I will send word to my people to raid Maroni's operations and grind them to a halt until I give my approval. It will be a messy ordeal with many more deaths to come, but I have the necessary manpower and organization to overcome any opposition that Sal Maroni's now-leaderless forces can muster up. By the end of the week, I will own all that was once his.

Gotham City has finally become an empire suitable for me. I have molded it into what will become the perfect dominion for Bane, the Man-God of this world.

Ra's Al Ghul, the Demon, once said that because I grew to manhood in the worst prison on Earth, I came to hate it as it hated me. Peńa Duro, "The Hard Stone;" to master that hole meant that you had to break it before it could break you, which I did, but it didn't matter. Even though I have been free from its walls for years, I will always be a prisoner. I merely choose to make the best of it.

The world is my prison now, and I will rule it or die.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Old 11-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #27
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
Ultimate Bane

Villain

Genius intelligence, master strategist, experience with countless forms of weaponry, master martial artist, and peak human conditioning.

A nameless child born into the infamously hellish prison of Peńa Duro, in the small South American island country of Santa Prisca, miraculously survived the grueling pressures of life inside for as far as into his late teens, becoming hardened emotionally, physically, and intellectually before being rescued from such a life by a man who the Nameless One knew only as "The Demon." Never told why The Demon was so interested in him, the boy was trained by the League of Shadows, furthering both his scholarly and tactical studies, as well as rising to among the highest ranks of martial artists in the League, and perhaps the world. The Demon had grown to trust him over the many years of tutelage, and had even expressed his growing desire for the Nameless One to eventually become his heir and hopefully take his daughter, Talia's, hand in marriage at the time of his assuming such a role. Few things had ever brought a smile to the Nameless One's face. The Demon's offer, however, did.

After years of this training, the Nameless One took on a particularly special, and highly personal, long-term mission for the League of Shadows, involving going back to his home country of Santa Prisca and situating himself within its drug trade to take down the criminal operations from the inside. After five years of effort, the mission was a success and he finally left Santa Prisca to tell The Demon of his victory, only to find that his savior and the League of Shadows had disappeared, and the love of Talia that he had been promised had been taken from this world shortly before his return.

Without anyone in the world to turn to, the man investigated what little remained of the League's temple, discovering that The Demon had found another candidate to become his heir, and that Talia had found love in the arms of a student who had come into The Demon's teachings not long after the Nameless One had left for Santa Prisca years ago. "Wayne" was this usurper's name. In learning these facts, the man finally found a name for himself; he would find this "Bruce Wayne," and would rob him of everything that he held dear - he would be the Bane of his existence, and finally break him into dust in his hands!

Last season, we saw Bane slowly and systematically gaining control of various gangs and crime families in Gotham City, and making alliances with several others, such as Oswald Cobblepot and Richard Dragon. He also stalked the Batman during the nights, studying the movements of Gotham's Dark Knight and recognized them as belonging to an advanced student of the League of Shadows. Putting two and two together, Bane realized that Bruce Wayne was the Batman and further endeavored to end him. As the first season concluded, Bane and Batman finally met face to face and fought while carnage erupted around them at a Maroni Family wedding. As police began to close in on them, Bane made his escape from the scene and set about assuming command of the now leaderless Maroni crime family.

I played him all through the first season and still have big plans for his future in the game. I love the character and I want to do what I can to get him away from the image of the steroid-pumping thug that every version of him outside the comics continually perpetuates.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
He's not addicted to venom, but like his counterpart in the regular DCU who got over his addiction to the drug (way back in 1995 ), Ultimate Bane's physical strength is still far above the norm. His backstory has also differed to include Ra’s Al Ghul in his scholarly studies and training, rather than Bane being entirely self-taught. In concordance with MB's version of Batman's origin, this also gives Bane a more personal reason for wanting to defeat and humiliate Batman, other than simply wanting to crush the symbol that the Bat represents (ala the mainstream Bane).

Dedication and a strong desire to keep this character going after seeing how much people seemed to enjoy it last season.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:

Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #28
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Okay, the chainsaw scares the hell out of me.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #29
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Okay, the chainsaw scares the hell out of me.
But its awesome

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #30
Bounce
DC RPG Slacker

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

Lor-Zod (Ultimate Superboy)

Walking The Line

Lor-Zod is a pure-blood Kryptonian who was born in the extradimensional realm known as the Phantom Zone. Like any Kryptonian, Lor-Zod exhibits superstrength, superhuman stamina, x-ray vision, and flight at sonic speeds when exposed to yellow sun radiation. What makes Lor-Zod unique is the fact that he has developed these powers while still a child (in contrast to the UDC versions of Kal-El or Kara Zor-El, who didn't develop their powers until their teenage years). It is believed that Lor-Zod's genesis in the Phantom Zone is the cause for this deviation, as Lor's natural state would be one of energy and not matter. Lor-Zod is not as strong as an adult Kryptonian, but many times more so than a normal human. While he has demonstrated many of Superman's same abilities, this version of Lor-Zod has not manifested any form of heat vision and is unaware that he even has that potential.

Physically, Lor-Zod appears to be a child of around 8 years of age with light brown hair and eyes. As Superboy, Lor-Zod does not don any kind of heroic costume and prefers just a t-shirt and jeans (in the opposite color from DCU's Kon-El, so Lor's t-shirt is red and his S-shield is black).

Lor-Zod is the son of the Kryptonian General Dru-Zod and his lieutenant, Ursa. He was conceived and born during General Zod's exile to the Phantom Zone, owing to the unique properties of a prison compound within the Zone that was immune to its timeless effects. General Zod's starcruiser eventually punched its way out of the Phantom Zone and appeared in normal reality, now in orbit of Apokalips. While General Zod wrestled with Darkseid, Lor-Zod and his pet Krypto encountered the extradimensional being known as Mister Mxyptlk. When told that Lor-Zod was looking for other Kryptonians, Mxyptlk teleported the child to Earth to find Superman.

Last season had Lor-Zod taken in by a pair of NASA scientists (Dabney Donovan and Albert Michaels), but the appropriateness of his placement and custody remains controversial among different agencies of the U.S. Government. Because the child knew that Superman was not a Kryptonian name, and feared that Earth's Kryptonian would be one of his father's enemies, Lor-Zod gave his name to be "Superboy". At the request of Dabney Donovan, Lor donned a shirt that bore Superman's S-shield and rescued the Space Shuttle Excalibur along with Astronaut Micah Flint. During the shuttle rescue, Lor-Zod's mind was touched by the Martian Manhunter and the child was summoned with other heroes assembled to combat the entity known as Sta'rro.

Prior to the Crisis of Infinite Earths, part of the Superman mythos had been that Clark had his powers as a child so when I was growing up reading comics in the 80's those "Superbaby" tales were part of character (my favorite part of the first Superman movie is still the kid picking up the truck). Reading about Lor-Zod in "The Last Son" arc brought back memories of those fun stories, so I thought he'd be an interesting character to explore in UDC.

The genesis of his being the son of General Zod and born in the Phantom Zone remain the same, but the character's perspective and attitude are what set him apart. He is not Christopher Kent nor does he look up to Superman. Ultimate Lor-Zod enjoyed an actual parent-child relationship with General Zod and as a result this Lor-Zod seeks to emulate the behavior of his father, without really understanding the consequences of that. He is neither cute nor sweet, but very dangerous and headstrong. He finds humanity weak and not worth saving, though therein lies the hook for his development... the more he gets to know the people of Earth, the more he regrets what he imagines will come of it when his father either destroys or enslaves humanity.

Tacos. Okay, plus this season will involve Superboy developing his own identity as he struggles against the Rock, the Department of Metahuman Affairs, and the most insideous villain of them all... teachers!

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:
The universe was full of amazing mysteries, mundane miracles that the boy had never even before contemplated. Until today, Lor had never existed as a corporeal being. He had been a wraith playing amid a dimension cut off from the physical reality, little more than a ghost. Now he found himself brought alive into a world of physical, material concepts that had previously existed only in fairy tales. The young boy couldn't understand how he'd come to travel out of the Phantom Zone on board his father's ship, let alone how he had traveled from that ship to being down on this world called Metropolis, so - in typical child fashion - he didn't even bother to try. He was here, now, and that simple fact opened the door to a whole host of distractions that kept his young mind occupied. His hands, Krypto's fur, the warmth of the sun shining from out of a blue sky, the sensation of breathing, the drone of traffic below, and the myriad of shapes and colors that were the diverse people mulling about... the list could go on ad infinitum. It seemed that this Metropolis was a wonderous place indeed.

Burying his hands into the canine's thick fur, the boy idly scratched and patted the animal as he looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings. He wished that his parents could see this place for themselves, the thought idly taking the boy back to the comment Mxzyptlk had made that this world was 'nine galaxies' apart from where his father's ship had been located. The size of a galaxy being incomprehensible to the boy, the child had no idea how to interpret that as a means of distance. Given the speed at which the imp had brought them to this Metropolis, Lor was left with the impression that it couldn't be that much of distance.

Lor faced this Metropolis without fear however despite being on his own, which wasn't precisely how he saw it. He had Krypto after all, the pair often having wandered off into the wilds of the Phantom Zone to go adventuring or exploring. And sometimes, particularly at first, he had been afraid but one thing that his father had stressed above all was that a son of Krypton showed no fear. So, when Lor looked out over this strange and unfamiliar landscape, he saw only an adventure and promised that he would not be afraid.

Pushing off of the building, the child sailed up into the air. Closing his eyes, the boy leaned his head back and felt the wind rush through his sandy hair. The sensation was unlike anything he'd ever experienced in the Phantom Zone, almost as if freedom were a tangible thing you could almost reach out and grasp from out of the air. Or maybe that reached out and grabbed you, in that same moment in which you realized you could fly. Yapping, on the rooftop below the canine companion spun in circles as it looked up in confusion at the boy's flight. Finally, Krypto made a leap to try and catch up with his master... one that fell considerably short and then down for quite some distance.

Falling from the top of the multi-story skyscraper, the dog slammed into the top of a parked taxi with enough force to dent the roof and shatter the windshield. As alarms and horns began blaring, the animal simply rolled off the car as though completely unharmed by the fall. Shaking its body, the canine gave a snort before it made a second leap into the air. Bobbing awkwardly, the animal suddenly shot up into the sky, much to the amazement of the people on the sidewalk who had been witness first to the damage dealt to the cab and then to a flying dog. If that were not enough, as onlookers craned their heads back to follow the animal's ascent, a second flying object was made apparent... this one arguably more shocking than the first.

Marveling at his reflection in the windows of a modern highrise, Lor skimmed down the length of a skyscraper before cutting a ninety-degree turn that brought him parallel to the street that was now only about fifteen feet below. The canine was close on his heels, as the pair spiraled in the air around one another in a freewheeling flight over the streets of Metropolis. At least one man among the denizens now shocked at the sight - a young red-haired photographer - pulled a camera and began snapping away even before he'd begun adjusting the lens focus. A minute later, the boy pulled up until he was above the city, drifting amid swaths of white fluff. "Do you think those are 'clouds', Krypto?" the child mused aloud, pondering the nature of the cotton-like beds in the sky. Giving a loud squeal, the boy went freefalling down into one of the clouds, with his companion howling and not far behind.

Emerging from out of the other side of the cloud, the now drenched Lor-Zod just looked over at the similarly soaked Krypto and offered the dog a large grin. "Turns out clouds are mostly water," the boy commented brightly. In response, the dog just gave a snort and then began to shake violently, shedding water out of its fur in a wash of spray which only tossed more water on Lor. As the two laughed, a loud roar split the air overhead. Glancing up, the pair were dwarfed by a large shadow as it passed through the cloud above them. Curious, Lor trailed along the path of the mysterious darkness, until at last a magnificent white object flew from out of the cloud. The object was best described as a pointed cylinder, with swept back wings and a tall tail erected at the back. Flying closer to the object, the boy was presented by the strange appearance of small round windows through which he could see rows of people seated within. Most of whom appeared more disturbed at the sight of him than he was at them sitting inside of a giant white bird. Pausing in midair, Lor watched, confused, as the bird drifted down to the ground where it rolled to a stop amid a complex that was black, like the streets, only cris-crossed with lines and markings that were seemingly bizarre.

Currently into: Journey Into Mystery, Batman & Robin, Nightwing
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #31
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

.Screen name:CoreBrute

.Character you wish to portray: Black Adam- Tetzotzomocl (Tet) Aren (Eagle Ruler)

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking the Line

The names of Tezcatlipoca:
Ipalnemoani (He by whom we live) Nigh-invulnerable, and does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe oxygen. He can regenerate from most wounds in moments
Tloque Nahuaque (Lord of the Near and the Nigh) His heightened senses are so great he can hear a taxi crash in New York from the top of the Himalayans, and watch a butterfly crawl out of a cocoon in Nigeria at the same time. He can also, via meditation, speak to Tezcatlipoca.
Ilhuicahua Tlalticpaque (Possessor of the Sky and Earth) Adam possesses incredible strength, able to fight the likes of Superman or Captain Marvel to a standstill.
Yohualli Čecatl (Night, Wind) ) Capable of flying and moving at such high speeds, it appears like he is teleporting.
Titlacauan (We are his Slaves) Able to channel the divine energy of his master, Black Adam possesses incredible presence, almost on the level of mind control. Most mortals will cower at his wrath, or worship him. In time this would allow him to command a legion of soldiers who obeyed his every word.
Without his powers, he is still a trained warrior in armed and unarmed combat and well versed in the knowledge of the Occult and the Gods. He speaks both English and Spanish fluently.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): In the ancient of days when mankind still believed in magic, the Aztec society was cared for by their gods. But these gods required sacrifices to be appeased, and while other gods need little but burnt incense or dead animals, these beings demanded human blood. And the most bloodthirsty of them all was Tezcatlipoca, The Smoking Mirror, whose temples would be soaked with the blood of his followers. He once ruled the world, before his brother Quetzalcoatl tore him from the sky. Ever since then he’s desired control of the world once again.

But then came the age of science and logic, and the Aztecs were wiped out or converted. Most of their gods disappeared into obscurity, but Tezcatlipoca knew this day was coming. He sensed the bloodshed of his followers, and took those most loyal to him to a temple deep in South America, shielded from normal mortals’ eyes. There he had a small colony of followers who would breed and sacrifice themselves to him. And thus he existed for centuries. But though he was stronger than any individual god now, he was a shadow of his former self.

He sensed the being called Wonder Woman, formed by the other still living gods, and saw the adoration heaped on her. He felt that adoration’s power and desired it for himself. So he decided to create a mortal avatar himself, from one of his followers, and he would increase the following of Tezcatlipoca. In a perverted insult to the religion which had caused the decimation of his followers, he would call his first super powered man a Black Adam, after the first man in Genesis.

Tetzotzomocl (or Tet as his brother would call him) was the son of a high priest, born and raised loyal to his god. His elder brother Ocuitecatl was destined to be the head priest when he came of age, while Tet was destined to be relegated to some meagre role, possibly blood donator. Imagine his surprise when he was summoned to the God’s chamber, with his whole family watching.

The god told them that Ocuitecatl was going to become the Black Adam, his champion on earth. All he had to do was get the necessary amount of blood, to bathe himself. Before Ocuitecatl could ask where he should get the blood, Tet saw his moment. He grabbed the sacrificial knife he always carried with him, and cut his brother’s throat. He then turned to the deity, and asked if that was enough blood. Tezcatlipoca laughed, and with a strike of lightning, the being who was once Tet Aren, became Black Adam, to the shock of his family.

He was sent out into the world to both stop the forces of KOBRA, who would destroy the world (which Tezcatlipoca is not ready for yet, as that would mean his destruction) and inspire worship in Tezcatlipoca, doing away with the age of logic. Serving as the herald for his master’s glory, Tet wears the armour of Black Adam with pride. But doubt creeps in his mind over the power of his deity, that he needs aid from a mortal. Black Adam has many questions for this new world...

.The burning question - Why this character?: There are two things I love more than anything; Superheroes and mythology. So when Andy C. played Wonder Woman and made her an envoy of all the deities, I knew I had to get involved. And the character that composed both elements, Black Adam who channelled the powers of the Egyptian gods, was the ideal choice. Powerful as well as regal, he would make an impact in the campaign and I would enjoy playing him.

Following the path set by Andy C with the divinities, instead of making Black Adam connected to Captain Marvel (who isn’t in this game) I’ve connected him to Wonder woman instead. Also, instead of having thousands of years of experience being independent and a ruler, this is the start of his career. Being the champion of Tezcatlipoca is a parallel to when he was the champion of Shazam. This brings many questions to the forefront; did he turn to villainy because he rebelled against Shazam, and will he turn to heroics by rebelling against Tezcatlipoca? Or is he more comfortable being evil, and will refrain from leaving the side of his god? Or will he set out for himself, defy both heroics and Tezcatlipoca and be his own leader? His path has not been set, and there are so many choices.
Since he has a different patron his powers are slightly different. He lacks the lightning of Shazam and more importantly he lacks the Wisdom of Thoth and the divine courage of Mehen. He isn’t old enough to be wise and he doesn’t know enough of the world and it’s people, so this younger Black Adam is more susceptible to outside influence/being gullible. But if tricked, he will get his revenge. He also possess an intense presence among mortals.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: An interest in both mythology and comic books of most kind, 5 years of online PnP rpgs as well as pizza delivery on speed dial.

-Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico-

The Chichen Itza is The most well-preserved archaeological site of pre-Columbian civilization, Chichen Itza was a major Mayan city. In the center is a monument that resembles an ancient pyramid with huge steps along it's side, at the top is where the emperor would sit on a Jaguar Throne carved from sandstone and painted red with jade inlays. Most days it would be swarming with archeologists, the chipping of hammers and sweeping of brushes, trying to find traces of ancient Mayan civilisation, echoing through the site. But this night, a different sound was heard.

Gunshots rang throughout the skies, as hundreds of men, women and children were hunted through through the countryside, having run from their homes they felt like sheep being herded by dogs into a pen. As the Mexicans hid among the monument that their predecessors had created, mothers held their children's mouths shut to prevent their crying, while husbands lied to wife and child that all would be alright, their tears began to soak like the blood of the Mayans'.

The men in armored vans drove to the pyramid structure, before stopping at the foot of the site. These men wore black kevlar and form fitting Special Ops uniform. Their eyes were covered with green night vision goggles. Each was armed with a large rifle, brimming with blue energy. One of these men, made several motions with his hand, and the others all gathered around the site, aiming their weapons at the civilians who huddled closer together, in a futile attempt to shield themselves from the firepower. The signaling man smiled.

To these people we are the demons and monsters from their nightmares. What they fail to realize is we will soon be their gods. "Hail Kobra!" He exclaimed. The men gathered around responded in unison, "Hail Kobra!" His grin widened, and in mad exhilaration he grabbed a young girl, only about 17 by the wrist, and began dragging her to the pyramid.

*"No! Adrianna!"* A much younger boy exclaimed, standing up and trying to grab her back, before a soldier kicked him in the stomach and knocked him down, before he and another soldier began to beat the child.

*"No! Stop hurting my brother! Amon!"* The girl cried out, before the man holding her wrist slapped her.

"Quiet whore!" He dragged her to the top of the pyramid and threw her down on the top. He then turned to face his men and spoke aloud. "In mere moments, Lex Luthor will destroy this worl man has developed to shield himself, allowing a new age to occur. The world will be reborn in fire, and we shall lead the way. We shall be immortalized, as the gods of the new generation. KOBRA, KOBRA, KOBR-" Lightning cracked across the sky, and in a moment the world changed.

As if the lightning was alive, in that moment before the thunder spoke, lives were torn from the soldiers of Kobra, and they were tossed aside like rag dolls. They littered the pyramid. And the man who lead them, found his kneck locked in a vice grip. He choked his last breath, before the divine being tossed him aside.

On the floor staring at this man in wonder, after an eternity of silence Adrianna finally plucked up the courage to ask him a question. *"Who are you?"*

The man turned to look at her, and said in a powerful voice;

*"I am Black Adam."* And the civilians cheered his name.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 AM   #32
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Majestrate/ Mr. Majestic

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Some what of a Hero but takes orders from Lex so i guess is really a villain.

.Powers and physical attributes: Majestrate is a Kherubim Lord, he is a rare type of Kherubim with abilities beyond those the typical one. Through unknown means Majestic is able to defy the forces of gravity and propel himself through the air. Majestrate is incredibly strong and fast (fast don't lie). He has incredible levels of durability and healing. Majestrate vision is far beyond the normal. He has telescopic, x-ray and microscopic vision. Majestrate can create hurricane force winds by blowing and can chill his breath in order to freeze a target, these abilities are known as freeze breath and arctic breath. He possesses the ability to generate energy which he can release from his eyes or either his hands. Majestrate is also a skilled warrior. Aside from his physical strength and psychic powers Majestic is a genius.

Majestrate is the son of Majestros better known as Lord Majestros who is the warlord of their planet, Khera. Majestrate and his father along with three other Kherubim lords where heading to Earth for Majestrate to begin his trials to prove to his father that he has what it takes to be the next leader of the Kherubim people. On the way to Earth the ship was attacked by Daemonite’s. Daemonite’s are a race that have the ability to posses other species, this gives them a distinct advantage over most species. Their rise to power was unopposed until they encountered the Kherubim. Since the encountered a war has raged for millennia. Daemonite’s had got word that Lord Majestros was heading to Earth and figured this would be the best time to attack since he wouldn’t be heavily guarded. During the attack both the Daemonite’s ship and Lord Majestros ship crash landed on Earth. While exiting the ship Lord Majestros had handed his son a locating type devise and told him to fallow the signal. His son did so but not until he first witnessed his fathers death by the hands of one of their own Kherubim.

Majestrate got away and found the secret base located in Mt Rushmore. The base was filled with Kherubim technology but not enough he could use to make it home or even send out a signal for help. He had found evidence that his father has been to Earth many years ago dating back to almost a thousand years. It was only in the 1960’s that his father made himself really known to the world when he joined a special group under the superhero name Mr. Majestic. He became a well know hero for that period of time he was active. Not to much time after that he had vanished so the only explanation for that would be he came back to the planet Khera. While searching for more evidence of his father the computer came online. It was displaying information on the planet everything he would need to know to survive on his own.

Knowing that he will never be able to make it back to his own planet the only thing he can do is continue were his father left
off and also prove to his dead father that he is truly entitled to the torn as warlord of Khera whenever he returns home.

While on Earth Majestic has been playing his part as hero. On his journey he has ran into Lex Luthor who made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. But even though everything may have sounded like peaches and cream Majestic knew better. So he tried do something that not even the man of steel as down, bring Lex to justice. So in order do so Majestic had broken into Lex Corp to get information off of Lex’s mainframe computer but instead he had got captured. During the course of his capture Lex had operated on Majestic’s mind with the end result Majestic being one of Lex’s henchmen. One of the effects of Lex messing with Majestic’s mind is that he had reverted back to his Jim McArest personality. A personality Majestic believed to be long gone that had only appeared years ago when he was younger and got into an accident and lost his memory, which he didn’t get back till the age of 18 when he was called to his father’s hideout where his memories had returned.

Now the henchman of Luthor Majestic’s only purpose is to make sure Lex’s plans become a success by any means necessary.

Well first off he is the only character i have stayed with. I joined a long time ago as Captain Marvel Jr and didn't last and Midnighter and I don't think i even posted as him. Majestic just feels right, that and I'm a big fan of Majestic and everything Superman, lets face it he is pretty much another Superman but without the S.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: As you all should already know my version is different in a lot of ways. Major difference is he is part of the DC universe and being so it gives me the opportunity to really start a new with the character which i have done. For starters he is the son Of Majestic that had died in the comic's as a child. Second he is working for Lex Luthor. Can't really make him more different than that.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Another rper who is willing to post and work with others.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
Majestrate found it quite fond of how Lex twisted his comment against him and made it seem feeble. Truth be told Kherubim customs isn’t the same as earth’s. Nothing on that planet is given. You don’t simply become king because your father is. No you must prove yourself worthy of such an honor. That is the very reason why Majestrate is on this planet now, but Lex doesn’t know of this. Being so Majestrate can use this to his benefit. It’s very obvious what rout for him to take. Lex already made the mistake by saying he has spent a lot of time being around… how did he put it? Oh yes a miserable bunch of spoiled children. To some this wouldn’t seem like a mistake at all but when you are having a battle that doesn’t deal with hand to hand combat but the level of ones intellect the smallest thing can be turned on you, as Lex has already proven that. Now the question Majestrate has to ask himself is what role does he wants to play? The answer isn’t a hard one to figure out since Lex has already volunteered to play the part of the aggressor. He did this by telling Majestrate that he has a god confine in his basement. This must have been Lex’s way of saying no matter how powerful you think you may be I will find your weakness. Majestrate applauded this threat in the inside.

With Lex role already establish only thing left is for Majestrate is to play his. His first scene has already been prepared. To make it believable he must act as if he is a spoiled prince. And what would a prince do after someone has just spoken down to them and threaten them? He gets angry.

“How dare you even fathom the thought of comparing me to your worthless description of royalty?” He screamed, not really to loud but enough to show that he is enraged. Majestrate knows that if he can make Lex believe his performance then he would have him were he wants him. If Lex believes that he has angered him then Lex will believe he has the power. It is well known that once you let your adversary control you emotions you have lost the battle. That’s what Majestrate needs Lex to believe, that he has one up Majestrate.

“Then you continue by informing me that you have a god as your pet like I’m post to be impressed?”
Which Majestrate is.

Majestrate’s changed his posture from a calm one to a slightly more violent one.

“If you think for one second that I will…” Majestrate then stops in mid sentence. Now is when the real acting comes into play. He showed Lex that he has angered him now he must make it seem like he has caught himself. Majestrate takes a moment pretending to get him self together. He has to make it seem like he is some what worried about what could happen to himself. Lex has already shown that he is a powerful man. Using the microscopic sensors and along with having the god under his thumb it shouldn’t be that unbelievable for Majestrate to have a change of heart.

“Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, as your people say.” Majestrate tells Lex in a more peaceful manner. Now he must show Lex that he is willing to play ball.

“Maybe we should talk about what we can do for each other?” Even his manner of speeching changed alomst as if he was trying to sound more...human.

Now all Majestrate has to do is see if Lex bought his act. Which he should, it is not to often that someone with royalty or real power would play the part of being weak. Such lengths must be taken. Already Majestrate knows that dealing with a person like Lex Luthor you must make some sacrifices, for this battle Majestrate did just that. This is what he must be willing to do if he is going to come out of this the victor. They’re doing nothing more than playing a game of chest in Majestrate eyes. He sacrifice his pawn now its Luthor’s move.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #33
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

.Character you wish to portray:The Atom

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes:The ability to shrink down to microscopic size, and the ability to shift her weight so even at (for example) six inches tall she can have weight and strength as though she were her normal size. Can also shift her weight so that she can float on air currents and travel along cell-phone signals

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):Rhiannon Palmer is a doctor of molecular biology at Wayne Enterprises' Medical Research division. She is strong-willed and fiercely independent because her parents are so well known in Gotham so she wants to prove that she can do things without having to rely on her parents' name (Father was the QB of the Gotham Knights died of Cancer, Mother was a well-known writer died in a boating accident). Rhiannon graduated from Central City Tech with a PHD in molecular biology at the age of 24 and moved back to Gotham took an entry level position at Star Labs satellite office in Gotham. She was on the verge of a major breakthrough in Diabetes research. Her intention was to shrink a specialized computer chip to help the pancreas secrete insulin. Rhiannon did not realize that if she had succeeded the Pharmacutical Divison of Star Labs would lose Billions in research grant money from the Government, and her superiors (unknown to her) tampered with the laser that would be used for the shrinking process and re-alligned the targeting mirrors so when it was fired it would fire at her automatically. When she test fired it struck her. Her superiors thought that she would be killed, but instead the laser blast had no noticeable effect on her at first. Rhiannon was blamed for the laser misfire but was told that there would be hearing to determine what happened in the interest of fairness. Rhiannon decided to sneak back into the lab to study the laser. She was studying it closely and thought that she saw something in the targeting mirrors she was certain it was there if there was only a way to see it closer. Then suddenly Rhiannon noticed that the room was getting bigger and bigger until the targetting mirrors were as big as the Washington Monument. Rhiannon Palmer discovered she now had the ability to shrink at will. That night she conducted a series of tests upon herself and discovered all of her powers. Rhainnon Palmer knew that she had been given these powers for a reason and was determined to make a diference. She then took a bio-suit that had been moth-balled and created her costume which would appear only when she shrank other wise would disappear when she returned to normal size. Rhiannon took her evidence and proved there had been tampering with the equipment. Rather than drag the events out she would agree to resign and keep quiet in exchange for letters of recommendation and a "healthy" serverance package. Rhainnon was able to gain a job at Wayne Enterprises' medical research divison as a research scientist, but has since left Wayne Enterprises to take over as the Head of the Bio R & D department at Star Labs in Metropolis where she served briefly. Though Rhiannon has fully embraced her role as a super-hero she is still getting used to it.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I have played this character for so long and I enjoy it.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: This Atom is a woman, but to quote Bounce in the Season One awards my version of this character "is not just Ray Palmer of the DCU with boobs." She likes the scienctific aspects of crime fighting but she is starting to enjoy being an adventurer, and she is a Judo expert so does know how to defend herself (although I don't play up that apsect too often). Plus she is the one who has the most direct invovlement with Checkmate & Amanda Waller. (Waller holds the key to Rhiannon's past and (spoiler alerts) killed her mother and the former head of Bio R & D at Star Labs; who Rihiannon had a affair with.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Almost 30 years of expereince and familiarity with the other players.

The Atom manuvers through the airvents of a bank on the lower east side of town.

If the police reports were right these guys are armed and dangerous, but the cops have enough fire-power to take 'em down. Only one issue they have hostages and if the cops break down the doors the hostages are wired to a series of explosive charges and the hostages are turned into a series of expressionisitic paintings.

The Atom floats over to hide under a desk.

The leader is nervous because this thing was supposed to be over a while ago and sunning on a beach right now, so I can't do anything like kill the power or try and find a way for the hostages to escape. Not that it's really an option at 6 inches tall.

She looks at the other members of the gang.

These other 3 clowns are think for themselves if the leader was out of the picture then maybe the others would give up. Worth a shot.

The Atom shrinks down to microscopic size and floats into the leader's ear and begins pounding on his inner-ear.

"AHHHHHH!" He cries out. He starts to stumble and lose his balance.

One of them yells, "Eddie whats wrong?"

The leader falls over and begins throwing up and eventually passes out.

She says, "Vertigo is so much fun isn't it?"

One of the other members says, "Hey I didn't sign on for this. I thought Eddie was taking this too far anyway."

He gets on the phone and says, "We give up! We surrender We'll make sure the bombs are off."

The Atom floats out of Eddie's body and floats away.

John 3:16

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-15-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #34
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

.Character you wish to portray:Giganta

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villian

.Powers and physical attributes:To grow to several hundred feet and strength equal to her height. The suit which grows with her is bulletproof and resistant to extremes in temps.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):Janet Alton was a gifted athlete who grew up in a small town in Iowa. She was determined to escape her small town existence at price.

Janet recieved an athletic scholarship to the Univeristy of Iowa where she excelled in Track and Field. She realized that once her college career was over it could mean a return to her small town. Again she was willing to pay any price to escape her existence in that town inculding the abuse of steroids. Janet was caught using them subsequently kicked-off the team, but she was allowed to stay in school if she named anyone else involved. Janet knew that if she named anyone else in the scandel there would be those who seek retribution since she was receiving them from a powerful pharamcutical company, and her reputiation in her own hometown was now ruined, but she did see one way out of everything. One night Janet destroyed her car and any forms of indentification that she had Janet Alton was now dead as far as anyone knew. She created a new appearance and a new name for herself; Doris Zuel. She left Iowa once and for all.

Doris hitch-hiked her way across the country all the way to Metropolis. She used her beauty and charm to land a job as a receptionist at Lexcorp Towers. It wasn't much but at least it paid the bills and there was hardly any questions asked about her past. A company as big as Lexcorp she could hide in plain sight.

Her life was moving along without a hitch she even saw the big-man himself Lex Luthor a couple of times. Until one day everything changed when a disgruntled employee with a pistol broke through the security barracde and attempted to kill Lex. Without even thinking Doris threw herself in-front of the bullet intended for Lex.

As Doris recovered in the hospital Lex visited her privately and made her deal. He knew of her past as Janet Alton but was willing to let that stay a secret because he had use for her. Lex needed someone who could not only be his body-guard but someone who could act as an "emmisary" for him especially when others were foolish enough to disagree with his point of view. In return Doris would recieve a substantal salary and best of all Lex promised that he would use his power and connection to see to it that Janet Alton stayed dead and Doris Zuel was always among the human race.

Lex though had one more offer for Doris. He analyzed the sterioids in her blood and realized that they could be enhanced as never before. Lex had his scientists work on a serum that would work with the steroids already in Doris' blood stream. A serum which would enable Doris to grow to heights unheard of. Originally Lex was going to use Doris as example of Lexcorp's advanced medical research and in gaining more profitale Government contracts, but he saw the potential that Doris presented in his battle with Superman and others like him. Lex had a suit designed for Doris when she used her growth power and had hair cells grafted. When she was her normal 6' 6" height it was blonde but when she grew it would turn red.

Doris is completely loyal to Lex and will carry out his orders without question. She is ready to kill and die for him on command because he gave her a second chance at life. Though she appriciates her new life as Doris her life as Giganta is what she wants to be remembered for the most

.The burning question - Why this character?: I played her last year and enjoyed it, and she is a villain which this RPG is in need of.

Doris is Lex's bodyguard she has a backstory that is not even close to her comic-book counterpart.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Same answers as my Atom app. (and I believe I can bring a nice deli-tray as well)

Doris arrives at the Metropolis Docks and approaches the Yacht of Keith Muller C-E-O of Muller industries.

Muller looks at her and says, "I know you you work for Luthor."

Doris replies, "Correct Mr. Muller I am here as an emmisary of Mr. Luthor. He regrets that he is unable at this time to present his request to you in person at this time. But he along with your own board of directors and your soon to be ex-wife are hoping that you will reconsider this most generous offer for your company. You are the lone holdout from making this deal happen."

Muller crosses over to Doris somewhat drunk and replies, "Hell no I didn't build my company up just so that snake Luthor could steal it from me. You and the rest of them can go to hell because it ain't happening. Now get out of here I never want to see your face again. I'm taking my boat out to sea and when I get back the offer on the table will be null and void and I'll deal with my board of directors when I return."

Doris says in almost a growl, "Oh don't worry you won't see me ever again."

Doris watches the Yacht pull away she returns to the Limo and sees no one looking around. She quickly disrobes revealing her Giganta suit and dives into the water.

Once in the water she grows to 50 feet tall and begins swimming fast enough to pass the yacht. She uses her feet to grab the anchor and begins pulling the boat further and further out to sea while growing taller and taller.

They reach a point where land is nowhere in sight. Muller staggers out and says, "Hey what's going on I have radioed the Coast Guard they'll be here soon."

Just then Giganta stands up and holds the boat eye level. She says, "You should've listened to the offer. Now when it is announced you died in a boating accident the deal will go through anyway. You could've done this the easy way but you decided to be difficult about it. So be it!"

Giganta uses a finger and shoves Muller inside the boat. She then proceeds to shove the boat underwater until it breaks apart and she sees Muller floating to the surface.

She dives underwater and swims back to shore returning to normal size.

Doris contacts Lex on a secured cell-phone and says, "It's done. Tomorrow's Daily Planet will read about the drunken billionare who died in a boating accident."

Old 11-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #35
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Superboy, Black Adam, Majestic, Atom, an Giganta are all approved.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #36
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

Yes! I'm playing with the big boys now!

Ok, now I'm slightly nervous.

Any idea when the in character thread will start?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #37
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreBrute View Post
Yes! I'm playing with the big boys now!

Ok, now I'm slightly nervous.

Any idea when the in character thread will start?
Nothing to be nervous about. Just be creative, respect the other players, advance your character's development and of course....have fun!

You do those things you'll be just fine.

Welcome to the party!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #38
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

The IC thread will be up on Wednesday.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #39
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K 4ever View Post
Nothing to be nervous about. Just be creative, respect the other players, advance your character's development and of course....have fun!

You do those things you'll be just fine.

Welcome to the party!
Oh my god MST3K 4ever! Awesome player who controlled both Atom and Giganta! *Fan worship*

Thanks for the welcome. Out of curiosity will there be an opening monologue, like there was a closing one, or will everyone just be able to post once the thread opens?

*turns around and sees Batman* :
How did you sneak up on me!? Also, *Heroic fan faint*

Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #40
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Once the IC thread opens, everyone starts out. No montage to start it out.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #41
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreBrute View Post
Oh my god MST3K 4ever! Awesome player who controlled both Atom and Giganta! *heroic fan faint*

Thanks for the welcome. Out of curiosity will there be an opening monologue, like there was a closing one, or will everyone just be able to post once the thread opens?

*turns around and sees Batman*
How the hell did you sneak up on me!? Also, *Heroic fan faint*
PLease no fainting (but thank you) I'm just another spice who adds a little bit of flavor to the soup.

I read your app...I think you'll fit in just fine with the rest of us.

In the past we've usually just started posting...that being said...who knows about this year? Bottom line though: You'll get out of this RPG what you put into it. If you're creative, respectful of the others and have fun...this thing will be a blast and you'll love it and will be one of the best RPGs you'll ever be a part of.

In terms of Batman sneaking up on you: to quote Gary Oldman "He does that."

Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #42
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

If you're going to be nervous of anyone, be nervous of Byrd. His throne is made from the skulls of dead Hypers...look what happened to JB.

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #43
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Don't follow the rules or act like a prick, then I'll eat your face off.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #44
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Len Snart - Captain Cold

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

.Powers and physical attributes: Given an offshoot serum of the metahuman gene tap Miraclo, where the effects are more permanent than the original batch, Snart was given the power to create, exude, and control zero temperature energies, allowing him to willfully freeze anything that he touches. Apart from this, Snart is an unremarkable physical specimen with an intellect hindered by general intolerance and deep seated psychological issues.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Midwestern born Leonard Snart was the portrait of a troubled youth. Frequently running away from home after witnessing his mother being beaten by his alcoholic father, he would often be found hours later after shoplifting, vandalism, and other criminal activities that were used to express his rage. But it was only when Snart's little sister Lisa recieved the first hand against her from their father that Leonard truly went off of the deep end, grabbing a shotgun and murdering his father in cold blood. Hardened by the event and sickened by his mother for letting it happen for all of those years, Snart ran away from home at age 16 and never looked back.

But rather than enroll in school or take a part time job, Len did the only thing that had ever made him truly happy - he stole. But not for himself, despite needing the money: Snart had actually sent every penny he had taken back to his family home, with the intention that it all be used to pay for Lisa's college tuition. Reality soon crept in, however, and Snart's years of living on the road caught up with him once he was identified in a botched attempt at an in-home robbery that resulted in an accidental shooting. Snart was arrested and sentenced to life in prison, which was to be served at Iron Heights penitentury. It was there that he was busted out in a prison riot orchastrated by Dr. Roscoe Dillion, under orders from the crimeboss known as The Octopus. Dillion offered the promising young Snart a unique opprotunity as the subject of a performance experiment - seeing nothing to lose, Snart agreed to the terms. It was only after the treatment that he realized he was given superhuman powers, triggered by his dormant metahuman gene. Snart could now control ice, and freeze whatever he touched.

Allowed to roam free on the condition that he answer to Dillion when needed, Snart used his abilities to wreak havoc once again. It was during this inner-city crime spree that he met fellow prisoner and pryotechnicians expert Michelle Rory, who had been similarly wronged throughout her own troubled life. Falling for eachother fast, they became an unstoppable force, labelled the top couple of crime... that is, until their fun was ended by The Flash. Sent back to Iron Heights with his partner-in-crime, Snart patiently bided his time and waited until Dr. Dillion would make his move. He didn't have to wait long, because soon after, they were free once more... and ready to accept a calling. The Octopus has hired them and others to kill The Flash, and deseprate for revenge, Snart intends to fufill that obligation.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Honestly? Two key reasons. We need more villains, and I was looking for a one-arc character that would be fun to play and develop over a small span of time. I've enjoyed what Byrd did with the Rogues, so I want to help him enact their initial outing and Flash's first encounter with them as a team.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: The difference has already been laid out that, while the traditional Captain Cold is mostly just a thug with a cold gun, this version of Cold is actually a metahuman who's cursed with an irreversible power. From that will come insecurity issues that will place him further apart from the DCU's Cold, aswell as an initial hesitance to join the Rogues as what will become his rightful role, their leader. In every sense of the word, this is Snart's rise to earning his rank as Captain.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I tend to focus on character development to an insane degree, so I want to bring some of that to this version of Cold. But moreover, I mainly just want to have fun with it, so expect alot of villainous moments and all of the trappings that you'd expect to come with them.

All he wanted to do was smoke a damn cigarette.

On his third attempt in the last minute, Lenny Snart focuses hard - contemplating thoughts of holding himself back. In the past, for whatever reason, it had garnered him a small success and he had been able to feel normal again for seconds at a time. But Lenny had reached his lowest point yet, and he now craved the normalcy even more than the thrills that came with his new life. Flicking at the lighter fresh with kerosene, he held it up to the nicotene and shook with anticipation, hoping beyond hope that what he'd see would be a flame.

Then it froze. The kerosene had make one simple spark before a wave of ice coated it from the top to bottom. Lenny stared at it for the longest time, defeated, looking as if he had just went bankrupt. Then grit his teeth, enraged. "Goddammit..."

Taking the lighter, he stood up from his balcony's chair and tossed the lighter at the wall.

"GODDAMMIT! WHEN DOES IT END?!"

The lighter broke off into shards of ice, as he sat back down and buried his head in his hands.

He could render an armored car into a popsicle. Turn an entire SWAT team into rows of snowmen.

And all he wanted to feel was a gentle warmth.

"Hrmn... Len? Are you out there?"

Lenny looked back at his partner, Michelle 'Mick' Rory, seeing that his outburst had woken her from a good night's rest. The first they had been given the chance at in a long time. He was too annoyed to smile back at her right now.

"Go back to bed, baby."

"You comin'?"

He sighed, looking out at the city. All he could think was that this job that they were on had better pay well.

"Give me a minute."

Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #45
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Approved

Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #46
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Floyd Lawton, aka Deadshot

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

.Powers and physical attributes: Deadshot possesses no superhuman powers but is an expert marksman and a very capable hand-to-hand fighter.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Anyone who would have known something about Deadshot's background is most likely dead or dying. Floyd has gone to great lengths to 'disappear', such as burning off his fingerprints to avoid identification. Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Deadshot soon became one of the highest paid and most skilled assassins the world over. He has no reserves about his profession and he takes on any job he deems 'fun', whether it's a gang boss being pushed out of the way or a reporter digging into something he should have left alone.

For his entire career he had never failed. That is, until he took a job that culminated in his first meeting with the Batman of Gotham City. Completely broken, both mentally and physically, after his encounter with the Bat, Deadshot has retreated back into the shadows.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I had an idea for a story that Deadshot would be absolutely perfect for. I checked to see if he had been used and he had, but that only gave me another great (in my opinion) idea as to where to take his character.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well, for one I'm just not going to delve into his backstory, at least not yet. So that'll be a complete mystery. Also, his mental state will be quite different, which you will see in the sample post.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Another character to flesh out a part of the UDC world.

"Well, obviously." Floyd took another sip of his beer and slammed the glass down on the table. "What I'm saying is you caught me off guard." he explained, wincing slightly from the pain in his shoulders.

"I thought the doctors wouldn't be able to fix your hands."

"It's amazing what people can do when you put enough zeros on the check. And threaten to kill their children if they **** it up."
Floyd smirked and glanced at the trio of men sitting on the other end of the bar.

Floyd frequented this particular bar, even though it was one of the most run down establishments to be found in the United States, for one reason above all others; people mind their own business here. If you knew what was good for you and, chances are you did if you were in here, you would keep your eyes glued to your glass. But the three musclebound idiots currently staring at him and laughing in between girlish whispers, were starting to get on his nerves.

"Look at those goons over there." Floyd remarked to the man sitting opposite him. "They're about two seconds from coming over here, I'm telling you."

"You sure you can handle them? What with your shoulders."

"Very funny." Floyd grunted. Two seconds later, exactly, the biggest one of the three men stood up and made his way over to Floyd's table.

"So, me and the boys have a little bet going." the neanderthal explained, a permanent grin on his face.

Floyd didn't even look up at him. "Really, now?"

"The guys say you've got one of those phone things in your ear. Me? I think you're just a nut."

Floyd slowly looked up at the man. "Excuse me?"

"You've been sitting here talking to yourself all night. So, which is it?" the large man gestured to the empty seat opposite Floyd.

"I say go for the knee."

"Usually I'd go straight for the neck, but if Batman says the knee, I'll do the knee." Floyd nodded.

The large man didn't even have time to look confused before Floyd's glass shattered against his knee. By the end of the night, the man would be crippled for life and his two friends dead.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #47
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Deadshot is approved.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #48
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Awesome. I hope you don't mind my character being obsessed with your character to the point of making him his imaginary friend.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #49
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Batman's gonna be so crazy in this game that I wouldn't be surprised if Deadshot was his imaginary friend.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #50
Saved
SynTheMerc

You better be applying for Sinestro ...