The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #51
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Well, with the Green Lantern trailer out, you can pretty much start the countdown until a Hal Jordon application.

*sets timer*

Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #52
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Heh, I'd apply for Sinestro if not for the fact I'm in love with the three characters I already have.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #53
Saved
SynTheMerc

DO IT. I'm thinking of finishing the arc with Larfleeze, anyway.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #54
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

If MB will let me play four characters, then no problem.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #55
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm pretty damn near close to re-applying for Hal, myself.

That trailer was all sorts of amazing.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #56
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Im working on Freeze's app, but yes, I actually think i wet myself watching the trailer

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #57
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Im working on Freeze's app, but yes, I actually think i wet myself watching the trailer
that tends to happen while your drinking something while watching awesomeness

Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #58
UltimateRPGs
Overseer of Ultimate

Game has been launched.

Go nuts.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #59
Saved
SynTheMerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateRPGs View Post
First! LOLZ.

Apologies, I had to ...

Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #60
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

Yay! The fun has started!
"Come on Superman, save the day, if you can."
"But you won't, if Lex is smart, and didn't buy his stuff at Wall-Mart,"
"come on down to where it'll be plain to see, please post on the New Ultimate DC RPG!"

And this is why I'm not a song writer.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #61
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

Second, hah!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #62
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Stupid GL fans clogging up the Hype, making me triple-post. Oh well. I guess I'll just edit in my two other opening posts. No harm done?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #63
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn (Mercenary) View Post
First! LOLZ.

Apologies, I had to ...
You're officially the scum of the internet.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #64
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

Really the whole internet? That's a lot of scum. Quite an achievement Syn.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #65
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

I think you can expect me to have some difficulties settling on a way to write Deadshot. It's a bit tricky to set his craziness into a narrative.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #66
Saved
SynTheMerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
You're officially the scum of the internet.
But I'm still first, right?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #67
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
I think you can expect me to have some difficulties settling on a way to write Deadshot. It's a bit tricky to set his craziness into a narrative.
Try writing it in a stream of consciousness narrative. That's always fun, and it makes your guy seem crazier.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #68
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Guys, I gotta apologize for not getting my own stuff up and running yet-- I left off Season 1 on a pretty big cliffhanger, and now have just let it sit for about a week (Lex has gotta have a really slow watch if that sixty seconds is still counting down). Lots of unexpected and really serious stuff happening in real-life-- namely, getting fired and accused of a crime I didn't commit, and having to find a good lawyer to take my case-- that has left me with very little time for gaming.

That being said, I will get the ball rolling again this weekend.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #69
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

That sucks dude, hope everything works out for you AC

Old 11-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #70
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray:
Lucas Trent/ Midnighter

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes:
Lucas is a human with artificial enhancements. Each improvement gives him an array of abilities. For instance his battle precognition, which gives him the ability to predict how a battle will happen before it begins. One of the upgrades include a fighting implant that has a combat computer that allows Lucas to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He can use this information to predict the actions and reactions of his opponents, countering their moves almost before they can even think to make them. It also works by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants and working backwards following the right steps to get there.

He has fiber lined muscles increasing his strength and also his speed. Lucas durability, coordination, and reflexes are all enhanced.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Lucas Trent is the son of Henry and Lela Trent, one of the brightest scientist for the US government. Lucas mother and father were known for developing mobile weapons that was operated through a combination of manual controls and cybernetic uplink. Their success left Lucas born with a sliver spoon in his mouth never needing for anything, but the love from his parents. Due to their busy schedules Lucas didn’t have a long time to get to know his mother before she was taken by cancer.

After the lost of his wife Henry Trent dropped his projects for the government to be a professor in order to spend more time with his son to make up for the void left in both of their hearts.

Even with just the love of his father, Lucas still seemed to be empty so while growing up he did any activity he could to find something to fill the gap in his chest. In high school he was on the chest team and also the debate team along with the football team. He graduated with high honors ahead of his class. Even with all these feats he didn’t find his true calling till the night he met true tragedy.

One night on his way home from a party with friends he heard the screams of a woman in danger. Most people would run in the opposite direction and call the authorities for help but Lucas had a different plan in mind. He fallowed the woman’s cry for help and came on the scene of a man trying to rape a helpless female. Without thinking he jumped on the unsavory character to rescue the woman. He and the man wrestled for a bit till Lucas finally ended up the victor. As the woman made her exit Lucas watched her with a sense of joy knowing she will be able to make it home to her love ones. While detracted he had heard a loud exploding sound as if someone fired a firecracker next to his ear. Lucas brought his attention down to his chest only to see a blood spot on his shirt expanding by the second. He then heard the same noise five more times. He dropped down to his knees as it finally had process he had been shot multiple times. He fell face first to the ground motionless in a pool of his own blood

Someone in the area heard the gun shots and called 911, lucky for Lucas the ambulance made it before be bleed to death. When Lucas father made it to the hospital he was approached with bad news. Henry was informed that there was nothing left they could do for his son. This was the last thing he wanted to hear so he made some calls and pulled some favors from some friends he still had in the government. With the help of his friends Henry was able to do what the doctors couldn’t and that was save his son and it was all thanks to him and his wife’s research

72 hours later Lucas had finally opened his eyes. Henry couldn’t have been happier to see his son finally awoke better than ever. When his son asked him what happened Henry lied to his son telling him that the doctors were able to save his life. He didn’t feel it was the correct time to tell him that he is no longer an average teenager

.The burning question - Why this character?:
Well i have been dyeing to come with a good second character to keep idea's rolling with. I didn't know who or what i wanted to do but with some thinking i decided to redo my Midnighter and take it in a different direction. From reading all the post made by other rpgers from the last season it helped me think of how to build a character. Before i decided to apply for Midnighter i took some time to come up with a story. I believe it will be a good story to share and i feel i can really Ultimate this character. Midnighter has all the right tools to be a good character.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it beUltimate?: This version of Midnighter will be a teenager and his back story is a lot different from the original.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Well i believe if i take my time like i did in the beginning I can come up with good stories and another hero and another rpger into the fold.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Lucas walks over to the window looking outside on to the city. That night when he got shot he didn’t think he would ever see the view in front of his eyes ever again. That night will be something he will never forget. For the first time in a long time he felt as if the thing he was missing all along had been found. The downside to it is it almost cost him his life. He feels a tad disappointed to know he had a taste of something special only to give it up. For the first time in a long time Lucas feels as if he is back to step one.

As Lucas contemplates about his future his father makes his way to his son’s side.

“Lovely view huh son?” The view was more than lovely but with his son now alive and at home it made it that much better.

“Yea dad it is. It really helps me see this city for what it really is and that is an illusion.”

“Illusion? What do you mean?”

Those bright lights and big buildings is nothing more than a front for what this city really is and that’s corrupt, when night falls on the city the crooked rules with no compassion. The sad thing is the police is just as corrupted as the criminals they throw in jail. These wrongdoers must know that their actions will no longer be tolerated. At this moment I don’t know how but I will bring justice to the injustice.”

Henry stood in astonishment by his son’s words. His son has no clue to what change he can now make thanks to his parents research. His father made the choice to not tell his son about his now enhanced abilities. The last thing he wants is for his son to end up how he did that night. But a strong feeling tells him it won't be long till his son finds out what has now happened to him. Once that moment comes Henry can only be there to support his son when he is needed

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Old 11-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #71
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
Lots of unexpected and really serious stuff happening in real-life-- namely, getting fired and accused of a crime I didn't commit, and having to find a good lawyer to take my case-- that has left me with very little time for gaming.

That being said, I will get the ball rolling again this weekend.
Holy ****, dude.

That sucks ass. I can always take the case. I know all about quid pro quo, habeas corpus, e pluribus unum, and ifso facto, and et cetera.

But seriously, hope all works out with that. The truth always comes out.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #72
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

And Midnighter is approved

Old 11-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #73
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Keep the Faith Andy C.

We'll be here for a while take care of your situation...reality trumps RPG 10 times out of 10.

John 3:16
Old 11-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #74
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Oh I see that are some who are playing 3 characters...if that is the case...I am considering another character myself.

This RPG needs more villians...I would play the Joker but he has already been done and doubt I could do the character justice. So I am leaning towards possibly bringing in the Owner of the Iceberg Lounge as a character.

John 3:16
Old 11-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #75
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

S**t, Andy, that sucks. You've definitely got us rooting for you.