Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #76
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K 4ever View Post
Oh I see that are some who are playing 3 characters...if that is the case...I am considering another character myself.

This RPG needs more villians...I would play the Joker but he has already been done and doubt I could do the character justice. So I am leaning towards possibly bringing in the Owner of the Iceberg Lounge as a character.
Cobblepot's pretty well established, as you know. Just make sure to keep up with all he's been through to limit continuity errors, should you chose to pick him up.

Sorry to hear that, Andy. Hope all goes well.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #77
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

That is horrible man. Don't worry Andy, just tell them you were online posting on an RPG. We will back your alibi.

Seriously, we wish you the best man, and can't wait for you to get back online.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #78
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Thanks. If you need to NPC Luthor or Wonder Woman, by all means go right ahead.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #79
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn (Mercenary) View Post
Cobblepot's pretty well established, as you know. Just make sure to keep up with all he's been through to limit continuity errors, should you chose to pick him up.
Damn! I didn't realize that he was so well established...had a killer back-story and take on him...

Oh well...glad I didn't post an app...no harm no foul...have to move onto someone else instead.

John 3:16
Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #80
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Character you wish to portray: Dr. Hugo Strange

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: 100% Villian

.Powers and physical attributes: He is extremely charismatic and persuasive. His persuasion is not a natural ability, but it is a metahuman ability and once the victim has served their purpose they no longer remember Hugo telling them what to do. (Think the Jedi Mindtrick without any hand waving but he most be looking at the person for it to work.) Stands about 6' 1" 250 bald and green eyes.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Hugo Strange comes from one of the wealthiest families Gotham has ever seen (second only to the Waynes). His mother was a scientist who inherited a sizable chunk of wealth. Most of the wealth (99%) was accquired through dishonest means, but with his wife's connections and wealth Hugo's Father became a powerful Senator. Hugo's mother wanted to have a powerful drug patented that would increase the power of the mind, but she was using many unproven drugs and methods on herself when she got pregnant with Hugo. The combination of those drugs and methods maifested themsleves in Hugo. As he grew up Hugo saw psychology as the perfect calling for him, because not only would he make a sizable peice of change but it would also help him understand the human mind; and more importantly how to manipulate it. Hugo made a decent wage but he wanted something more. Hugo knew he had a great power the power to bend people to his will and make them reveal secrets. He would use this power to not acquire great wealth but information from these people to be used as he saw fit. He grew tierd of watching these self-improvement hacks make more in one night through a seminar or work-shop then he did in a six months. Hugo called his form of self-help "The Strange Way" and he marketed and sold it all across the country and he not only became wealthy, but he learned many "interesting" facts about powerrful people. Judges, Mayors, Senators, Government Officals are just among those under his sway. Hugo is now determined not only to indoctunate many more to his "Strange Way" but to one day take financial control of Gotham a way from the Wayne Family by any means at his disposal.

.The burning question - Why this character?: No one has ever played Hugo Strange before, and the Ultimate format always me the chance to play him without having to follow the rigid cannon of the DCU.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: This one has actual power (mind manipulation and the person forgetting Hugo using mind manipulation) and is much more outgoing and charismatic than Hugo Strange in the DCU. Also when the villians allign he will be a part of it.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Experience and I;ve been told I'm pretty decent at my RPGs

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

The packed crowd at Gotham's Gothcorp Stadium is in a fever pitch screaming, clapping, chanting "HUGO! HUGO! HUGO!"

Hugo says, "No my friends I cheer you! Each and everyone of you! You are the ones brave enough to shake off the bonds that are holding you down! You are the essence of the Strange Way! YES! YOU ARE! ALL OF YOU!"

He bows and says, "My friends thank you good night and go on your Strange Way!"

Hugo exits the stage and dashes to his dressing room.

In his room Hugo is meeting with his financial advisor Lenny James.

Lenny says, "Great crowd tonight Hugo! We made more tonight than last night, and the projected DVD sales will be huge! We'll have them out in time for Christmas!"

Hugo says, "Excellent" as makes himself a drink.

Lenny says, "But there is a irregularity in your finances Hugo." Shuffling his papers Lenny says, "There is a sizable amount being defered from your charitable foundation to an account in the Bahamas. An account that has not been reported to the IRS or basically doesn't exist it took me 2 months to finally trace it back to a holding company that is owned by someone named Randall Stevens. Isn't he the guy in 'The Shawshank Redemption'?"

Hugo put his drink down and says, "Very good Lenny. You have found Randall Stevens me so with that" he looks directly at Lenny and says, "Now you will forget being here tonight and go back to your office. You will arrange the papertrail so you are the culprit. Afterwards you will call the FBI consumed with guilt and confess your life of crime. The day after you appear before the Grand Jury you will commit suicide lamenting your failed criminal career."

Lenny nods and says, "Right away Hugo."

Two weeks later....the Gotham Globe reports Lenny's suicide and shows Hugo on the front page weeping over the loss of "such a valued resource and friend." But behind closed doors Hugo smirks

One of the worst performances in my life and everyone bought it. Simple minded fools!

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

John 3:16

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-20-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #81
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Wow. I have to say, you actually really thought of a way to make Hugo much more of a formidable villain in a way that I wouldn't have thought of. I really like it.

Approved.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #82
J'adore
Vous

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Dr. Pamela Isley

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking The Line

.Powers and physical attributes: Pamela possesses a genius-level intellect, particularly regarding anything related to plants, and may be the world's foremost botanical expert. Pamela has learned a limited style of martial arts combat and can handle herself quite well in a fight.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Pamela Isley,the beautiful daughter of wealthy parents from Seattle; however she was emotionally quite distant from them. In college she studied advanced botanical biochemistry, and proved to be a brilliant and devoted student with an unusual affinity for the world of plants.

Pamela Lillian Isley was the beautiful daughter of wealthy socialites Alistair Isley, and his wife, Lillian Irving. She grew up in the busy town of Seattle and had always been slightly emotionally distant from her parents, letting her elder sister, Paula, take all the attention. Pamela took a keen interest in Science throughout her High School years and eventually finished High School by being accepted to an advanced College, located in Metropolis.

There, Pamela studied advanced botanical biochemistry, and proved to be a brilliant and devoted student with an unusual affinity for the world of plants. Pamela's life as an Heiress to the fortunes of Alistair Isley soon rose to the surface as her sister, Paula, became a criminal after joining a group of eco-terrorists and destroying housing developments across the country. Pamela had the option to chose her life as a Doctor or her life as socialite and decided to become a Doctor, graduating with a Ph.D. in Botany. She was later recruited by the Metropolis branch S.T.A.R Labs and worked her way up to becoming the Director of Biochemical Research.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I enjoy reading Pamela in the current Gotham City Sirens series and I love her job at STAR Labs, so I wanted to explore that some more.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: She won't be green, or poison or evil.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A new perspective to such a well-known villain.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Pamela Isley's expression sours as she is slowly drawn in to the latest news story, flashing on to her TV screen. Maxwell Lord speaks openly to the people of America, or perhaps even the world - hacking away at the new band of heroes, the band of heroes that consisted of Batman and Superman. The ones who saved Metropolis, the ones who helped Metropolis, now a target of bitter hate from Mr Lord. Her hand reaches the remote faster than Pamela knows, quickly switching the TV off and relaxing back in her chair. Our saviours...

A loud knocking disrupts Pamela's thoughts, causing her eyes to shift over to her glass office doors. There, stands Rhosyn Forrest, Pamela's secretary. She directs visitors and co-workers towards Pamela's office. Rhosyn's face looks slightly humble and slight sweat drops roll down her forehead. She takes a breath before she opens her mouth, only to have her boss interrupt her. "What is it, Ms Forrest, I was about to go to a meeting," The two women exchange brief eye contact

Pamela collects her files together, stacking them on top of eachother and snatching her Coffee from the corner of her desk. She takes a sip of the now cold beverage, before shutting her slick laptop and swivelling her chair to face her secretary direct. Rhosyn slightly leans in to the office, speaking quietly.

"It's Dr Woodrue, he says it's important..."

The redhead lets out a strong sigh, waving her hand limply, signallig for Rhosyn to go and collect Dr Jason Woodrue from the corridors. Dr Jason Woodrue, former Director of Biochemical Research before Pamela took over. He now works as a Research Botanist, developing different chemicals that have been drawn from plants. Quite charming and quite handsome to say the least. Pamela slides on her glasses and rises from her seat, slowly walking towards Rhosyn. "Send him in."

Last edited by J'adore; 11-21-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #83
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Approved.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #84
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Sorry for the lack of posting. End of the semester is coming up, so school has been getting pretty time consuming. Hoping to have a post up tonight, and if not, one will definitely be up tomorrow.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #85
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

You know Syn ever since i seen Batman Under the Red Hood, every time you have Jason talk i think of Jensen Ackles voice.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #86
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
You know Syn ever since i seen Batman Under the Red Hood, every time you have Jason talk i think of Jensen Ackles voice.
Haha, a good thing I hope. I thought Ackles did a good job in that feature.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:26 AM   #87
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Yea its a good thing. I felt stupid when i found out it was him. The day i was watching it i said to myself "Red Hood sounds like Dean" Then yesterday i found out it was Dean. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #88
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Happy Turkey day to my fellow rpgers

Old 11-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #89
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Happy T-Day to you, as well

Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 AM   #90
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Andy, I hopes it's okay that Superman trashed some of the Watchtower up there.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #91
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Fine by me; Lex is rich enough to hire some people to fix it. And then have them killed and their very existence erased from public records in order to keep them from blabbing about his secret moon base.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #92
CoreBrute
Side-Kick

Ouch. Bad luck for The Midnighter. Why am I getting a flashback from a scene in Kick-Ass?

Also, on an unrelated topic, what has happened to Dick Grayson? Is he still adopted by Bruce Wayne?

My post is coming up soon, just found some inspiration.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #93
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

What's the status of the Justice Society at the moment?

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #94
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Still retired.

Not much has happened with them since Belvedere's run as Alan Scott.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #95
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

Did he do anything in particular? I can't recall from memory.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #96
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman_prb View Post
Did he do anything in particular? I can't recall from memory.
Essentially, they had members that were alot shadier than the regular comics. It was strongly suggested that Alan and Ted Grant helped cover up a murder, something that Wesley Dodds didn't go along with too well, plaguing them for it in the present. Alan currently acts as CEO of the major metropolitan train companies.

There've been hints of other members, aswell, like Ultimate Mercury and a previous incarnation of Hawkman.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #97
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

I know my posting has been slow this season to say the least, but it's not likely to get much better any time before Monday. I'm essentially going to be working straight through today, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning, to the point where I'm honestly not sure where I'll be able to fit sleeping and eating into my schedule in the near future.

I'm probably going to die.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 AM   #98
Harlekin
Business

Huh, almost missed my cue.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Rick Tyler, CEO of Tyler Chem
.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking the line.
.Powers and physical attributes: None.
.Origin and backstory (as you see it):
Hourman was one of the greatest heroes America came to know during the Second World War. He fought the battle against the Nazi's with the Justice Society of America, both on the homefront and behind enemy lines. Still, Rex Tyler would end up being of far greater importance without the mask than with it. A world renowned biochemist, he changed the face of medical science in the years after the war. His company, Tyler Chem grew to great heights along with Rex.

His sweetheart, Wendy Harris, he married shortly after the war. They didn't have children immediately, Rex being much more concerned with getting his business up and running, while Wendy was satisfied with being pampered by her husband. She didn't need a child. But they got one anyway, during the roaring seventies. What exactly kept the couple young and vital has always been unclear. Was it the Miraclo, the pills that enabled Rex Tyler to be the strongest man in America for an hour at a time? Or was it a villain, that had doused the Justice Society and their loved ones with magical energy?

Either way, Rick was born and both his father and his mother considered him a delight. His father, who had once solved problems with his fists, pushed his son to tackle such things with his brain. And while Rick Tyler never grew up to be a great chemist, he turned out to be a shrewd businessman. He quickly rose through the ranks of the company to join his father at his side, until finally replacing him.

Now, Rick Tyler is the CEO of Tyler Chem. He is a single man in his forties, accustomed to wealth and the privileges that go with it. He is running a succesful business in New York City, the Big Apple. He's on the top of the world.

But how did he get there? Batches of doctored Miraclo powered the Rogues that now plague Central City. And then there's pure Miraclo, being sold on the streets of Gotham, giving junkies and pushers alike more power than they can or should handle.

Hmm, the shrewd businessman indeed.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Good question. I've got my reasons. Seriously though, Rick Tyler was honestly someone that came out of left field for me. I was going to apply as Jason Bard. Then I got to talking with Byrd and MB and things changed. Rick Tyler is a cool character in the regular DCU, I like him. The concept of his character and Miraclo fitted in with a story I wanted to tell. So, Rick it was.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: There's quite a few differences with the regular Rick Tyler: A) he's older, B) his past is quite different, C) he's much more white collar than blue collar, D) he's not Hourman, E) he's an *******. And if that ain't Ultimate, I don't know what is.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A good story, a lasting contribution to this (season of the) RPG, just by establishing some history and some characters. Beyond that, I'd like to think I can bring some good writing to the group and being able to meet the high bar of quality that has already been set.

"Hey, dad." Rick Tyler shuffled some papers around on his desk while he picked up the phone with his free hand.
"Yeah, no, I'm doing fine..." he trailed off as he held up a particular piece of paper up to scrutinize. There was a graph drawn on it, with a sharp line heading diagonally downwards. "Yeah, business is going good too."
To his relief, Rick noticed the up side down lettering and rotated the paper, which presented a decidedly more positive image of Tyler Chem's annual profits.
"How's mom?"
He put the graph down and picked up his agenda.
"No, I can't make it to lunch then. The Chinese delegation will be here."
Rick flipped through the pages, each day was packed full with board meetings, lunches and the occasional golf match.
"Well, tell her I love her and I'll make it up to her soon. Hmm, what's that?" Rick got up, turning to the window. The sun was starting to set over the Big Apple and while he hated working late, this sight of the New York skyline made up for some of those long hours. Certainly was one of the perks of being a CEO. Best office in the (thirty stories) building.
"Oh, hey, mom. Yeah, I can't make it, I just told dad."
Rick turned back to his desk, looking at the photo of him and his parents sitting on it, framed and all. It was taken a few years back, when his father had retired and handed over the reins of the business to him. There was a little hourglass on the desk too, the gift Rick had gotten when he was officially made head of the company.
"Yes, me and Jesse are fine," he said, smiling. "You didn't have me until you were well into your forties."
From the hourglass, his eyes slid over the thick folder on his desk. The front page read: "Miraclo, phase II". He picked it up, weighing it in his hands and then laughed as his mother said something.
Looking at the file in his hand, he said: "Well, you'd be surprised what modern technology can accomplish these days."

Last edited by Harlekin; 12-04-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #99
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Michael Holt/ Mr. Terrific

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: Genius level intellect, Olympic level physical fitness, various gadgets stolen from Cyberwear

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Mike's maternal grandfather, Terrance Sloane, was the first Mr. Terrific, a member of the second Justice Society alongside some very important alumni. After an event in the mid-60's, the team disbanded and Terrance went into electronics. He created the Cyberwear corporation, a prolific company that was an even match for companies such as WayneTech. Mike was born, and he took a natural affinitiy to anything he took his hand at. At high school he was the highest grading student and the star quarter back of his football team. His parents died in a car accident when he was young, and he was effectively raised by his grandfather. Terrance was cold and uncaring as a child-raiser, and when Mike broke into a cabinet detailing his previous adventures as a superhero, he was severely punished. One day, soon after he graduated from university, his world changed...

.The burning question - Why this character?: I wanted to do something with an Ultimate JSA, and a lot of the original characters have already been used, so I looked into the legacy characters. I remembered Byrd's Mr. Terrific from the first UDC and decided to adapt something from that.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: There will be a lot more ties to the original JSA, as well as him founding the modern version if I get my act together.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Hopefully, a strong character arc with some room for interaction. And cookies.

When Val first saught me out, I don't really think that I knew what he was asking of me. Become Terrific, save the world, it all sounds pretty easy at first, you know? I mean, I knew my grandpa was a dick but...well I had to atone...you understand, you're like me. I started off by playing hero. I'm not sure when I became one.
- Michael Holt to Courtney Whitmore

Mike put the bottle of whiskey that his roommate kept for special occasions down on the table. He sat down heavily and looked at the man that was sitting opposite him. Black hair, straggly beard, muddy military fatigues and a blank stare. Wordlessly, Mike pushed one glass towards him, keeping one for himself. He poured himself a shot, downed it, repeated, then passed the bottle to the man opposite.

"What say you run that by me again?" he said.

"My name is Val Armorr, and I'm from the future. Im a superhero, your grandad was a superhero, and you need to be one too. There are some things that need to happen. We need to stop your grandad and his old pals, cos in a few centuries, they're going to control the planet. And then it gets really bad," the Karate Kid said, taking the bottle by the neck and draining it.

"You're crazy," Mike said.

"Damn right," Val said, grinning "Got anything stronger?"

Old 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #100
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Rick Tyler and Mr. Terrific are APPROVED!

Closed Thread