The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
bhayes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 271
Default Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

the word is that in First Class they are re-filming the first scene from x1
so that it creates a connection.

where teenage mageto escapes the concentration camp.

but what about this scene in x3




Will we see James McAvoy loose his hair at some point. in x3 he can walk in the flashback because the film is supposed to show how xavier looses his ability to walk or maybe they should save this for a possible sequel?

McAvoy is a young guy and in the flashback in X3 they look like they're in their mid 30s.

so i think they should wait until the end of a sequel to show him loosing his hair

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Superhero 101
DESI
 
Superhero 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,075
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Also will there be a striker cameo and hopefully see Jason

__________________
Captain America The Winter Soldier 9/10 The Amazing Spider-man 2 8/10 Godzilla 7/10 X-Men Days Of Future Past 9/10 Dawn Of the Planet Of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy
Superhero 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,853
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

It looks as though First Class won't be meshing with this scene.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
merbass
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 696
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

To make it less complicated, FC should not have any of these scenes while it just has its own stories. The scenes in X3 or origins should just be forgotten like batman franchise and superman returns, while some stories remain.

They could even have totally different recruitment scenes and simply explain that X3 jean sequence was a projection to her head by Emma or sth.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
bhayes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 271
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

i see it like this. xavier should not loose his ability to walk in this film.

basically xavier is a very young man as well as magneto.

i personally think they should have the film as a new trilogy and basically the hell fire club / evil brotherhood should be the overall bad guys throutout the 3 films.

and at the end of the sequel we could get a rehash of the above scene.

in the sequel we can see how william stryker tries to bring jason to xavier and this is why he hates mutants.

they have already created a link to X3 by using Breast and showing him being blue. a link to x1 exists already.

and its already confusing enough that both The Wolveine & First Class are ignoring orgins.

the casual viewer, the little kiddies, and people in foreign countries who don't know x-men or wolverine are probably already confused!

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Dont worry. We've been told X3 and Wolverine are not part of the X-men films continuity so they can do what ever they want in the prequels

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Dont worry. We've been told X3 and Wolverine are not part of the X-men films continuity so they can do what ever they want in the prequels
Really? When was this public statement issued?

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
akfj
Side-Kick
 
akfj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,131
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Dont worry. We've been told X3 and Wolverine are not part of the X-men films continuity so they can do what ever they want in the prequels
We've been told that by no one actually working on the films. That's just fan speculation.

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
merbass
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 696
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

they have already created a link to X3 by using Breast and showing him being blue. a link to x1 exists already.

![/QUOTE]

You mean Mystique with blue pairs ?

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #10
merbass
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 696
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayes View Post

they have already created a link to X3 by using Breast and showing him being blue. a link to x1 exists already.
You mean Mystique with blue pairs ?

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #11
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,426
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Actully First Class has been called prequel to X-men,X2,and X-Men The Last Stand.However the big question Is will the flashback at begining of Last Stand fit with what First Class Is doing like the flashback of X-Men Is fiting with First class.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Actully First Class has been called prequel to X-men,X2,and X-Men The Last Stand.However the big question Is will the flashback at begining of Last Stand fit with what First Class Is doing like the flashback of X-Men Is fiting with First class.
I don't think it's 'the big question', but it a question that's been asked. At this stage, we don't know if they will connect every dot with the previous films; I'd suggest that might be very difficult (though not impossible).

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
steintym
Stay Frosty
 
steintym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

At some point, they probably need to blow the whole thing up and just reboot. The continuity of these films is becoming so mixed up and confusing.

Some things are in continuity, some are not, some things are ignored, some happened exactly like previously filmed, etc. Becoming quite confusing ...

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
the a1ant
Awesome
 
the a1ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 19,413
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

If they want to stay in continuity then they need to commit to it and not be lazy by switching things up too much.

If they know continuity in First Class is a complete mess, then it's not too late to announce it as a reboot. Many people are still confused regarding if it's a prequel or reboot.

__________________
X-MenFilms

Last edited by the a1ant; 12-01-2010 at 03:12 PM.
the a1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,289
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Its obvious they want to see how its received. If its received well, they will announce FC is a reboot.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #16
S. Grundy
Side-Kick
 
S. Grundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,834
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Well, First Class is supposed to be taking place in the early '60s and you could probably say that the opening to X-Men: The Last Stand was around the '80s. So, no there won't any overlapping.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #17
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick
 
Phoenix_Flare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: milwaukee, wi
Posts: 651
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

As of now we know that this film will tie-in w/X1 because of the remake of Magneto's scene and far as Stryker goes do we really have to revisit that? We already know what Jason did and why the Weapon X program came to be, let's that be it and focus on the central characters

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:07 AM   #18
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 317
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Hey Lauren Shuler Donner, somethin' to you to fit the entirely continuity in next movies (because First Class is already written and filmed).

FIRST CLASS 2
- Start second one re-filmed the ending of Wolverine. Cyclops and other mutants escape from the Island and Xavier (McAvoy), now bald but walking, approach them. In the X-Jet we must see Beast in his blue fur.
- Stryker (cool if Danny Huston again) trying to approach Xavier for Jason. Jason is student for the new Xavier's school.
- Xavier found Storm and Jean; the last one was approached by him and Magneto some years ago. Only now Jean wants to join Xavier's school.
- Make interesting the relationship Jean-Cyclops.
- Magneto is now a baddie but not the main baddie. He's along with Mystique.
- Sinestro as the villain. If they want to change something they can make an "Ultimate" version. Sinestro seeing Apocalypse's vision and wants to kill mutants for immortality. Sinestro is also obsessed with the Summers' brothers.
- Sinestro's appearance maybe can explain the death of Havok or disappearance. It would be cool because in the end Scott wants to kill Sinestro but Xavier said to him "no, it's not right". And Scott - like a good boy - leave him and Sinestro is imprisoned. This can explain also why Scott don't want another tragedy in family and said to Jean that until she's with him, he will be good. (and we know what will happen in X2, right?)
- If they go with this story they can - maybe - make Sinestro, at least, committing suicide.
- Gambit must work for Sinestro as a "Marauder". Maybe he don't know what Sinestro do to mutants and in the ending he can help X-Men to fight him.
- Introduce Toad, Magneto ask him to join his Brotherhood.
- Explain that Emma (Tozzi) is not "Emma Frost" but simple "Emma Silverfox", Kayla's sister. She maybe can die killed by Sinestro.
- Banshee can fall in love with Maeve (or if they want another mutant from X-Men's universe). Banshee can make his girlfriend pregnant (Siryn anyone?). To chose if they want Banshee to die or leave or disappeare to explain why we'll not see him in trilogy but only his daughter.

WOLVERINE 3
- Omega Red as a villain.
- Cameo by Stryker (Huston, i hope he has signed 3-pictures-deal). He's working again on mutants.
- Cameo by young Lady Deathstrike and (cool) an embryo called "X-23".
- Stryker make experiment on Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber) and turned in Sabretooth (Tyler Mane) because Stryker failed. Now Creed is a beast with some memories remains.
- Magneto (Fassbender) along with Toad and Mystique to kill all soldiers and save Sabretooth. Stryker escape.
- End the movie with Wolverine arrive in Canada, in a bar and join a cage-fight. This will be the set for the beginning of X-Men (2000).

FIRST CLASS 3
- Magneto make Xavier on a wheelchair.
- In this movie they can explain the Beast's departure from the X-Men.
- Syrin must born.
- I don't know who the villain can be. Maybe Tom Black Cassidy? (If they want to make Siryn the leit motiv of the movie)
- Cameo by Senator Kelly.
- Deadpool (Reynolds) must appear. It will be cool. In a cameo.

I think these are some good things to make a continuity along movies.

Tell me what do you think!

P.s. And if they want make an X-Men 4 after this they can ret-con something:
- Cyclops is not death but he's in coma. Emma Frost has cured him (and Singer can make - finally - Sigourney Weaver as Emma).
- Explain that Bolivar Trask (Bill Duke) hate what mutants have done in Last Stand and make Sentinels. Ow, this would be cool!
- Colossus and Angel have more relevant parts, Cyclops is leader now, a main character.
- Trying to re-have Rogue (Paquin), Storm (Berry) and Shadowcat (Page).

- And they can make also a New Mutants' movie. With Siryn, Dazzler, Jubilee...Maybe a real Psylocke...


Last edited by Supermanreturns; 12-23-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Supermanreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #19
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 638
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanreturns View Post
Hey Lauren Shuler Donner, somethin' to you to fit the entirely continuity in next movies (because First Class is already written and filmed).

FIRST CLASS 2
- Start second one re-filmed the ending of Wolverine. Cyclops and other mutants escape from the Island and Xavier (McAvoy), now bald but walking, approach them. In the X-Jet we must see Beast in his blue fur.
- Stryker (cool if Danny Huston again) trying to approach Xavier for Jason. Jason is student for the new Xavier's school.
- Xavier found Storm and Jean; the last one was approached by him and Magneto some years ago. Only now Jean wants to join Xavier's school.
- Make interesting the relationship Jean-Cyclops.
- Magneto is now a baddie but not the main baddie. He's along with Mystique.
- Sinestro as the villain. If they want to change something they can make an "Ultimate" version. Sinestro seeing Apocalypse's vision and wants to kill mutants for immortality. Sinestro is also obsessed with the Summers' brothers.
- Sinestro's appearance maybe can explain the death of Havok or disappearance. It would be cool because in the end Scott wants to kill Sinestro but Xavier said to him "no, it's not right". And Scott - like a good boy - leave him and Sinestro is imprisoned. This can explain also why Scott don't want another tragedy in family and said to Jean that until she's with him, he will be good. (and we know what will happen in X2, right?)
- If they go with this story they can - maybe - make Sinestro, at least, committing suicide.
- Gambit must work for Sinestro as a "Marauder". Maybe he don't know what Sinestro do to mutants and in the ending he can help X-Men to fight him.
- Introduce Toad, Magneto ask him to join his Brotherhood.
- Explain that Emma (Tozzi) is not "Emma Frost" but simple "Emma Silverfox", Kayla's sister. She maybe can die killed by Sinestro.
- Banshee can fall in love with Maeve (or if they want another mutant from X-Men's universe). Banshee can make his girlfriend pregnant (Siryn anyone?). To chose if they want Banshee to die or leave or disappeare to explain why we'll not see him in trilogy but only his daughter.

WOLVERINE 3
- Omega Red as a villain.
- Cameo by Stryker (Huston, i hope he has signed 3-pictures-deal). He's working again on mutants.
- Cameo by young Lady Deathstrike and (cool) an embryo called "X-23".
- Stryker make experiment on Victor Creed (Liev Schreiber) and turned in Sabretooth (Tyler Mane) because Stryker failed. Now Creed is a beast with some memories remains.
- Magneto (Fassbender) along with Toad and Mystique to kill all soldiers and save Sabretooth. Stryker escape.
- End the movie with Wolverine arrive in Canada, in a bar and join a cage-fight. This will be the set for the beginning of X-Men (2000).

FIRST CLASS 3
- Magneto make Xavier on a wheelchair.
- In this movie they can explain the Beast's departure from the X-Men.
- Syrin must born.
- I don't know who the villain can be. Maybe Tom Black Cassidy? (If they want to make Siryn the leit motiv of the movie)
- Cameo by Senator Kelly.
- Deadpool (Reynolds) must appear. It will be cool. In a cameo.

I think these are some good things to make a continuity along movies.

Tell me what do you think!

P.s. And if they want make an X-Men 4 after this they can ret-con something:
- Cyclops is not death but he's in coma. Emma Frost has cured him (and Singer can make - finally - Sigourney Weaver as Emma).
- Explain that Bolivar Trask (Bill Duke) hate what mutants have done in Last Stand and make Sentinels. Ow, this would be cool!
- Colossus and Angel have more relevant parts, Cyclops is leader now, a main character.
- Trying to re-have Rogue (Paquin), Storm (Berry) and Shadowcat (Page).

- And they can make also a New Mutants' movie. With Siryn, Dazzler, Jubilee...Maybe a real Psylocke...

All of that is really cool and i like it, if it turns out anything like this id be more than pleased, good job.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #20
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

They CANNOT ignore X2! It's such an amazing movie of sci-fi and comic book ness. It's the best X-Men film by far I'm sure most everyone can agree. And it would be ridiculous to ignore and reboot it.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,426
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

All signs put to X2 and X-Men still In contunity with First Class.The Last Stand Is
debatable till we see First Class>If Last stant like Wolverine Is being Ignored First Class class sequel can bring It Cyclops and Jean.And they could also bring In Angel If they
are Ignoring The Last Stand.

Assuming the Last STand Is In contunity films are laregly this way

First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men
X2
The Last Stand
Deadpool

If The Last stand Is contradicted by First class then we go this way

First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men
X2
Deadpool

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
Crockett
With Teeth
 
Crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dorne
Posts: 5,953
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

"The Wolverine" isn't exactly bound to continuity, they mention it's a one-off so it's more of a possible that is just a adventure Logan have which may or may not fit into the continuity and timeline of the X-Men movies. I do hope however "First Class" ignore "X-3", that way we can get a re-introduce to the characters that didn't get the treatment so well the first time around.

__________________
The stuff that dreams are made of.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #23
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,426
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

I think The WOlverine should really be viewed as the preX-men adventres of Wolverine
that shaped him after losing memory to Become the guy he Is In X-Men and X2.I think the One off comments are really them trying to divorce if from X-Men Origins.

If Xavier Is crippled In First class then Inless the story spans longer than we we told
there Is no way It can fit with the Last Stand.Remember the opening of The last stand
has a walking Xavier still working with Magneto when he finds Jean Grey.If first Class has the falling out In the 1960's and Xavier crippled also In the 1960's then there Is no way
around It.First Class Is only In COntunity with X-Men and X2.However few fans will
complain too much If X-Men the Last Stand and X-Men Origins:Wolverine are removed from Contunity.We won't know for sure till First Class Is out or leaks about the film come out.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #24
S. Grundy
Side-Kick
 
S. Grundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,834
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

From what I recall, Xavier is walking around with a full head of hair.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,426
Default Re: Flashback Sequence in X3 in First Class? or No?

No xavier Is bald at begining of last Stand flashback.He Is walking around with hair In First Class.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.