The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #101
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Trek, sure, it's been dead a long time (thanks a lot, JB ). FTPO...I guess. I've been wanting to apply for a character for a while, but can't guarantee I'll have time. And he won't turn it around.

Zombie just got started. Why you be hatin' on Bill Murray?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #102
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Trek, sure. It's FTPO...I guess. I've been wanting to apply for a character for a while, but can't guarantee I'll have time. And it won't turn it around.

Zombie just got started.
I'll mourn the loss of FTPO. It was a great idea that just never gained much traction with the masses here.

__________________

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #103
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Personally, I think it should be a clean sweep. If the other two are going to have their final season, Marvel should as well. That way there's a completely new slate once the new regime starts.
Along with the clean sweep, we need to clear all old threads out.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #104
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Along with the clean sweep, we need to clear all old threads out.
Yea, I figured that went without saying.

__________________

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #105
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I'll mourn the loss of FTPO. It was a great idea that just never gained much traction with the masses here.
Yeah. Johnny Blaze and I had actually worked out a pretty cool arc to keep the game going, but then the martians took him to Pluto for an interstellar orgy.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #106
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Yeah. Johnny Blaze and I had actually worked out a pretty cool arc to keep the game going, but then the martians took him to Pluto for an interstellar orgy.
I just feel like there were never enough popular characters to keep people interested, and after the novelty wore off, they just dropped the characters.

But like I've said before, once OU ends, I plan on bringing up a game that includes DC, Marvel, and Independents, but that's obviously a long ways away.

__________________

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #107
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,407
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

I'm bombarding RPG advertising sites with this ad:

Quote:
Do you enoy writing?

Do you enjoy RPing?

Do you enjoy interacting with top-notch writers in a tight-knit community?

If you said yes to any one of these, then the Hype RPGs may be for you!

The Superhero Hype RPGs, home to some of the internet's finest writer's since 2003. It has it all. Thrills, chills, spills, and superheroes! Want to play a super-powered vigilante? We have it here! Want to play a Jedi? We have it here! Would you even like to play the survivor of a hellish zombie apocalypse?! Then we that here too!

Our link is here: http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=353

The Hype RPGs, where your only limit is your imagination!
Hopefully it'll bear fruit.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #108
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,238
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

And with that, I've just moved the Star Trek, FTPO, Pokemon, and Ultimatum Universe RPG's to the Archives section.

They won't hurt us anymore.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #109
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I'm bombarding RPG advertising sites with this ad:

Hopefully it'll bear fruit.
You're such a whore.

Such a sexy, sexy whore.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #110
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,407
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
You're such a whore.

Such a sexy, sexy whore.
I'm the goddamn Don Draper of these RPGs. Now get me a smoke, a stiff drink, and lift up my secretary's skirt for me. Daddy's in the mood.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #111
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I'm bombarding RPG advertising sites with this ad:

Hopefully it'll bear fruit.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
And with that, I've just moved the Star Trek, FTPO, Pokemon, and Ultimatum Universe RPG's to the Archives section.

They won't hurt us anymore.
RIP

EDIT: Hey MB, you wanna sticky this thread?

__________________


Last edited by Carnage27; 11-29-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #112
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I'm the goddamn Don Draper of these RPGs. Now get me a smoke, a stiff drink, and lift up my secretary's skirt for me. Daddy's in the mood.
I always thought of you more like Dan Stark.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #113
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,407
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I always thought of you more like Dan Stark.
If only I could grow an awesome 'stache.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #114
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,238
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Hey MB, you wanna sticky this thread?

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #115
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
If only I could grow an awesome 'stache.
Indeed.

My 'stache makes me look like a cross between my dad and Hitler.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #116
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
And with that, I've just moved the Star Trek, FTPO, Pokemon, and Ultimatum Universe RPG's to the Archives section.

They won't hurt us anymore.
Feel kinda bad for contributing to Pokemon's death. I had a lot of fun with Lt. Surge but just ran out of steam.

Ah, well.

*tosses live Raichu in deep grave and begins shoveling dirt onto it.*

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #117
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

"Pika-?" SPLAT

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #118
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

I'd like to discuss the concept of standard Season lengths. I think it could be very beneficial. Start the Seasons in the early summer, run all the way through fall, take maybe a two or three week break around the holidays, and wrap it up in spring. RPGs seem to drag when people don't know when they're going to end, so a more rigid structure would be beneficial.

I also support longer times between Seasons, as it allows you to plan your next Season a bit more thoroughly - as well as giving you the option to go dabble in the one-shot RPGs for fun.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #119
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,238
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Totally agreed on the first part, but I don't think you'll get many people who agree on that second part. I actually got more complaints that four days was too long of a wait to start the next season of Ultimate.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #120
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
I'd like to discuss the concept of standard Season lengths. I think it could be very beneficial. Start the Seasons in the early summer, run all the way through fall, take maybe a two or three week break around the holidays, and wrap it up in spring. RPGs seem to drag when people don't know when they're going to end, so a more rigid structure would be beneficial.

I also support longer times between Seasons, as it allows you to plan your next Season a bit more thoroughly - as well as giving you the option to go dabble in the one-shot RPGs for fun.
I agree wholeheartedly on both points.

I also believe having a set end-date will cut down on posting lulls.

__________________

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #121
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Ok, speaking of rigid seasons...

...do we start all games around the same time, or stagger them so they're not overlapping?

...what's the best way to schedule around school?

...should we take time off at mid-season to give everyone a breather?

...how do we deal with games like Murder Mystery that are only designed to last a couple of months?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #122
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

I also support longer times between seasons.

What's the point of taking a break between seasons if it's only going to be a few days? Since a lot of people take a couple of days between posts, it's not like anything's really changing.

A break should at least be a couple of weeks. If we're starting near the beginning of the calendar year, I say take the entire month of December off (or the four weeks around Christmas/New Years).

People should be chomping at the bit to come back and play. How do you drum up excitement?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #123
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
I'd like to discuss the concept of standard Season lengths. I think it could be very beneficial. Start the Seasons in the early summer, run all the way through fall, take maybe a two or three week break around the holidays, and wrap it up in spring. RPGs seem to drag when people don't know when they're going to end, so a more rigid structure would be beneficial.

I also support longer times between Seasons, as it allows you to plan your next Season a bit more thoroughly - as well as giving you the option to go dabble in the one-shot RPGs for fun.
I agree with both points. I think part of the reason CAH is experiencing such a lull is that it transitioned too quickly from Season 2 to Season 3. People complaining about too long of a wait is a good thing IMO, as it means they're still interested.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #124
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,003
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Ok, speaking of rigid seasons...

...do we start all games around the same time, or stagger them so they're not overlapping?
I think the one, full season games should all start at the same time, and voting on the next ones should start a month before that. That way, once one ends, the next one is in line to replace it.

I do think summer is the best time to start, though. It gives the games a strong foot to start off on since it's the busiest time of the year around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
...what's the best way to schedule around school?
I don't think it matters. It's always going to be there, and there's not enough months off year round for us to schedule around school completely.

But as I said above, I think starting off in the beginning of June gives us the best benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
...should we take time off at mid-season to give everyone a breather?
I don't like that personally. Maybe a week off during Christmas and New Years, but not much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
...how do we deal with games like Murder Mystery that are only designed to last a couple of months?
No breaks. And if the boards can handle them, they can start whenever and end when they are complete.

__________________

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #125
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
0:03 - SAY IT!


...sorry...couldn't resist.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.