The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #251
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

Does anybody know what Hugh's contract says? How many more X-flicks is he signed on for?

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #252
def28
Side-Kick

Whenever I see him interviewed he sounds like he will keep making them as long as the studio does. Sucks we are not gonna see this flick for almost two years.

Are contracts even relevant with these films? Kelsey Grammer and crew all signed deals for more films during X3.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #253
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I really am bummed this won't be coming out for a while, but I still am really excited.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #254
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

It's disappointing that it won't be out for awhile, but since we're getting this in the meantime:

...I'm not as upset as I should be.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #255
narrows101
Side-Kick

Got my tickets for three shows! You haven't seen anything until you've seen Hugh on stage.

According to Hugh, Les Miserables starts filming in March, so that will probably take him to May or June. It can't be much longer than that since the movie is being released in December. Sounds like he may go directly from that into Wolverine.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #256
narrows101
Side-Kick

This video is promotion for Real Steel, but in it the interviewer wanted to know about Wolverine - Hugh said it wasn't his next project but would be filming "in about nine months" - so it sounds like maybe June/July this will start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdgmB6w9IpA

Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #257
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
2. What happened to Darren Aronofsky?
“His personal life precluded him from making the movie,” explains Jackman. “I asked him to do ‘X-Men 3,’ I asked him to do ‘Wolverine’ one and he said, ‘It’s not so much for me.’ And then he read this and said, ‘Man, I’m in. This is the best comic movie script I’ve ever read’ and he’s been dying to do one for a long time.”

3. What made James Mangold the right choice?
Jackman says there was no shortage of directors willing to throw their hats into the pool as Aronofsky’s replacement. But it was Mangold who had the best handle on the material. “Many directors wanted to do this film, I’m happy to say, because of the strength of the script. When he came in he just had such a clear vision of where this movie should go. He had the best take. He’s done many, many genres. I look at ‘3:10 to Yuma,’ and when he started talking about ‘The Outlaw Josey Wales’ I was like, ‘Okay, now we’re on the right track.” He had a couple of things which, I think, even in Darren’s version of the script, hadn’t been solved that he just knew he had the key.”

4. Mark Bomback’s recent re-write work is not an overhaul, but more of a polish on McQuarrie’s script.
“When a director takes over any script,” says Jackman, “they need to make it their movie. So Jim hired Mark to help him make the movie his own. Darren had worked on the script himself and taken it in a certain direction that was right for him. And that would have been a great version of the movie. I’ve seen Jim’s version now and, you know, Jim saw things that weren’t working for him that were working for Darren. And I’ve got to hand it to Fox and to Jim, it’s easy when you start with the best script we’ve had from Chris McQuarrie. Which is why Darren signed on. So once you have that, that’s 80, 85 percent of your movie.

5. ‘The Wolverine’ is based on Miller’s Japanese saga, but it will not be an exact translation.
“It’s a little darker and, I think, a little more true to the character,” Jackman stressed. “If you read all of [the Japanese saga] there is a lot of it that is a little disparate and some of it’s got X-Men in it. There’s a wedding and all that. So we take license with that.”
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli..._is_still_ope/

Old 10-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #258
def28
Side-Kick

A little darker? This better be alot darker and alot more true to character, not a little.

Last time I heard Jackman say " We take License" we got Wade "Baraka Pool" Wilson. Really voting for this movie and hope whatever license they do take, they take knowing they learned their lesson on XMOW.

Last edited by def28; 10-02-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #259
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Same here, though they can throw Gambit back in and I wouldn't mind.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #260
def28
Side-Kick

Sorry Squeek, doesnt sound like LeBeau is in this one.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/10/05...taylor-kitsch/

Quote:
"That's up to Hugh, if he wanted it. We'll see. I don't think I'm in it, I haven't heard anything," Kitsch said. "I got my plate full, man. I'm pretty happy where I'm at."
Quote:
"I know if we do it, it'll probably be down the road and we'll do it hopefully a lot darker,” he said. “I'd love to play him again, but it's a matter of doing it right, too. There's no point in just doing it for the sake of doing it."

Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #261
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
A little darker? This better be alot darker and alot more true to character, not a little.

Last time I heard Jackman say " We take License" we got Wade "Baraka Pool" Wilson. Really voting for this movie and hope whatever license they do take, they take knowing they learned their lesson on XMOW.

IIRC, wasn't XO:W "darker" when Hugh and co. spoke of it.......(again I still enjoy XO:W...for the most part)......I want this film to be good, they can take as much time to polish the script, etc...

Gambit (and Kitsch) was my favorite characters in XO......can Gambit just get a spin-off instead maybe shoehorning him into another X (or Wolverine)-Film...

Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #262
Blackman
King Kong

Only one from XMO that I want back other than Jackman of course is Liev Schrieber. I really liked his Wolverine

Old 10-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #263
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
IIRC, wasn't XO:W "darker" when Hugh and co. spoke of it.......(again I still enjoy XO:W...for the most part)......I want this film to be good, they can take as much time to polish the script, etc...

Gambit (and Kitsch) was my favorite characters in XO......can Gambit just get a spin-off instead maybe shoehorning him into another X (or Wolverine)-Film...
Yeah he did say Origins was darker think he said that bout Logan as a character as well. They missed the mark by alot imo. Creed and Wade pre Deadpool were cool. Gambit didnt bother me, besides the fact he didnt have much to do. Kinda sucks when you have X Men who cant interact with other X men because its a prequel. With Gambit I would think most want to see him as a full anti hero, betraying the X men at times not knowing which side hes on. Probably gonna have to wait for him to come on screen again till X4 comes out. Still dont know about a Gambit solo flick, think he works best around other X men.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #264
narrows101
Side-Kick

In this interview promoting Real Steel, in video 2 and 3 he talks about Wolverine, including an R rating and new faces.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/698...tml#id=1672077

Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #265
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
In this interview promoting Real Steel, in video 2 and 3 he talks about Wolverine, including an R rating and new faces.

Good interview. I understand what he means but PLEASE MAKE THIS RATED R JACKMAN. Those 13,14 and 15 year olds who dont get Wolverine's a violent character are a smaller part of the audience. They will still like it, even more so probably. They will just have to sneak into the theatre, which is part of the fun of being a teenager.

On video 3, I wonder if they are gonna have this take place after X3?

Last edited by def28; 10-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #266
Blackman
King Kong

I still say "whatever" to an R rating. R rating isnt going to take a bad film and make it good. Not saying that this sounds bad, but I care more about story, acting, action than the R rating. Especially since Wolverine's X2 rampage was great and that was with a PG13 rating

Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #267
def28
Side-Kick

Wolverines scenes in X2 were still cut to get a pg-13 and that stuff wasnt even that bad. Since theres alot of hack/slash stabbing involved I think its best for an R. It can still work as a pg-13 but it will be holding back. With Deadpool being R I would think Fox doesnt want two R rated X films. But if they do, that would be ****ing awesome.

Last edited by def28; 10-06-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #268
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

It won't be rated R. That's just not gonna happen.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #269
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The problem with 2 different versions Is now Studios are not releasing director's cut or extendend versions on Dvd anymore.even disappointments like Green Lantern and Cowboys and Aliens are having expended cuts only on Blu-Ray.

As for familar faces Inless this Is after The X-Men films there Isn't room for characters from earlier X-Men films.The actual Japan storyline In comics was an actual solo adventre of Wolverine and not before he joined the team.It's possible they are conisdering using Uncanny X-men 172,173 as well as The Wolverine Miniseries as basis for film.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #270
Rac
Deadite

Yes, yes! This is what I've been talking for years! Give theaters and the studio a watered down theatrical release (so they'll be happy and shut their mouths), and release the real version on home video!

Anyone who says Wolverine is not an R-rated character should just keep quiet.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #271
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post

That would be awesome! It should be like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EocXtLAAAc

But I'm sure that the R rated version is going to be on dvd/blu-ray only. In cinemas they show PG-13 version.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #272
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

More likely a r rated version would be on Blu-Ray only.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #273
Crockett
With Teeth

Yeah, they wouldn't dare to go for an R-rated for the theatrical version nor should they if they want mass audience to watch this. However I hope that if they do an R-rated version for the home video release it's not just more blood they added, it should have contents that's quite dark that would've probably get them an R for the theatrical.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #274
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I think everyone is in agreement that Wolverine is an R-rated character. It's just when logistically talking about a movie version, an R-rated movie is unlikely considering the audience the movie is going for.

My guess is that this all leads to unrated cut on blu-ray/DVD. They'll never release two versions in theaters.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #275
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

He is an R rated character most revered by teenage boys. Oh what a conundrum!

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Closed Thread