The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #276
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

Well, as I expected, FOX waited too long to pick a release date & Disney nabbed May 31, 2013 for The Lone Ranger. July 5, 2013 is still available but I'm guessing FOX will again fail to act quickly & Paramount will grab it for Star Trek 2. Another potential date where the movie can really pull in some money is August 9, 2013. Rise of The Planet of The Apes made great numbers riding that date this year so it might be able to work again for FOX two years from now. I just want them to announce a date already before this ends up getting pushed back to 2014 because of a crowded summer line-up.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #277
narrows101
Side-Kick

They're probably waiting until they get close to filming since this movie has been postponed so many times. It probably won't start until around June or July as Hugh starts filming Les Miserables in March.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #278
narrows101
Side-Kick

In an interview promoting Real Steel is this blurb:

Quote:

When are you starting the next Wolverine movie?

Probably in June next year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/film/...5875-23487201/

Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #279
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

July 12, 2013 just opened up since WB moved up Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim to May 10. I'd prefer that date over anything in August (unless Star Trek 2 opens the week before and then we're back to 2009 where ST takes the cake & Wolverine is left out to dry).

Old 10-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #280
Silvermoth
Avenger

I must admit, I'm kind of intrigued by the two versions of Wolverine movies idea. It's like one is Wolverine: The Long Kiss Goodnight and the other is Wolverine: Friendship is Magic.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #281
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I must admit, I'm kind of intrigued by the two versions of Wolverine movies idea. It's like one is Wolverine: The Long Kiss Goodnight and the other is Wolverine: Friendship is Magic.
Didn't we get that one already? Or was it the Cuddly Neighbourhood Hugh Jackman Goofing Around?

Old 10-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #282
narrows101
Side-Kick

Location rumor - no idea if Japan/Vancouver is still in the mix.

Quote:
State film folks are mum, but we’re told two major studios are scouting locations in Boston for prospective blockbusters. One is “Wolverine,” director James Mangold’s sequel of sorts to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” which starred Hugh Jackman as the silver-clawed superhero. (Yes, ladies, the Aussie actor would be coming here.) In the new film, Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior, so Boston would have to double as The Land of the Rising Sun. (We’re told Atlanta and Canada are also in the running as possible locations.)
http://www.boston.com/Boston/names/2...3bM/index.html

Old 11-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #283
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I saw Hugh's one-man show on Broadway tonight. During the pre-show announcement to turn off cell phones, they said "Remember, he is Wolverine. He know where you are, and he will find you."

He explained that the show got to happen because of the delay with The Wolverine, and referred to the new movie as "Wolverine 16."

He also explained how his Broadway stints make studio execs nervous, and they put Wolverine's head and claws over one of his Boy From Oz photos that was on the screen on stage.

Later he mentioned that he was going to finally going to be doing a movie musical next year...most of the audience knew this was Les Miserables, but he psyched them out and said it would be a musical about Wolverine.

There were a lot of Wolverine fans in the audience, they definitely got a kick out of it. Show was awesome.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #284
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I saw Hugh's one-man show on Broadway tonight. During the pre-show announcement to turn off cell phones, they said "Remember, he is Wolverine. He know where you are, and he will find you."

He explained that the show got to happen because of the delay with The Wolverine, and referred to the new movie as "Wolverine 16."

He also explained how his Broadway stints make studio execs nervous, and they put Wolverine's head and claws over one of his Boy From Oz photos that was on the screen on stage.

Later he mentioned that he was going to finally going to be doing a movie musical next year...most of the audience knew this was Les Miserables, but he psyched them out and said it would be a musical about Wolverine.

There were a lot of Wolverine fans in the audience, they definitely got a kick out of it. Show was awesome.
Can't wait to see this next week!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #285
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I need to see it again! Even my parents were barely 10 feet out of the theater before they started talking about going back to see it again.

So amazing.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #286
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I need to see it again! Even my parents were barely 10 feet out of the theater before they started talking about going back to see it again.

So amazing.
I'm going three times, basically once every two weeks after Nov. 13 with different people.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #287
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
July 12, 2013 just opened up since WB moved up Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim to May 10. I'd prefer that date over anything in August (unless Star Trek 2 opens the week before and then we're back to 2009 where ST takes the cake & Wolverine is left out to dry).
So, they think enough of Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim to take on Iron Man 3 but not Spielberg's Robot mash-up on July 4th??? Pacific Rim never had a shot truth be told.

Looking at the summer 2013 big guns, it's all crazy aliens and robots everywhere you look. Glad Avengers is bringing that to a head next year because I have a feeling that by 2013 general audiences are going to be sick and tired of all this alien crap. Alien/Transforming Robots burn-out bigtime.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #288
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

'Guess the run time' attempt - 115 minutes.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #289
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If The Wolverine comes out In Summer 2013 It will be In July.

The Big question Is when In 2012 The Wolverine will go before the camers.How long will Hugh Jackman be filling LM,and how much time will It take for him to work out to be ready to appear as Wolverine again.If Filming doesn't beguin till fall 2012 It would not shock me for Fox to hold The Wolverine till May 2014.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #290
narrows101
Side-Kick

The last date I saw as a filming start date was July 15. He could start preparing while filming Les Mis, he's done that before - prepare while filming another movie.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #291
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If that Is true we are probally looking at July 2013 release.I heard some talk He wouldn't be able to start training till after LM but If they want to meet a summer 2013 release
hopefully he will be able to train for july filming start.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #292
narrows101
Side-Kick

This was dated today, although that release date can't be correct.

Quote:
Now Casting ‘The Wolverine’ with Hugh Jackman

Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Marvel Enterprises are moving forward with casting calls for the new Hugh Jackman feature film ‘The Wolverine’ – They are casting for the film’s lead and supporting roles.

The filming locations are set for New York first, then in Tokyo, although there has been no statement from the studios whether or not the Tokyo location will be changed due to the recent catastrophic events in Japan.

“The Wolverine” will be based around Logan’s exploits in Japan and will be modeled after Chris Claremont and Frank Miller’s 1982 limited series on the character. It is not going to be a sequel, but rather a separate story X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The roles currently being cast consist of mostly Japanese males and females who are fluent in both English and Japanese, Ages 20-65. Submissions from both union and non union talent will be accepted. Filming is scheduled to begin in mid-July for a late 2012 theatrical release.

If interested please rtemit your resumes and headshots to: Suzanne Smith-Crowley or Jessica Kelly ”The Wolverine Casting” 1009 Abbot Kinney Blvd 2nd Floor Venice, CA 90291 or send email to info.chrystiestreetcasting@gmail.com (**Note this address is for actors from the east coast i.e. New York, Boston, PA)

For Los Angeles you can remit your info to: Mary Vernieu, Betty Mae Inc. “The Wolverine Casting” 19 Anchorage Street Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Extras to be cast later.
http://www.leadcastingcall.com/now-c...h-hugh-jackman

Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #293
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The writer probally made a mistake and Fox Is looking at late 2013 release.Probally November.Which would be a month before second hobbit.The Last Twillight comes
out November 2012.So a X_Men related action film could come out In November.James Bond has done well In November.This year we had both Sherlock Holmes and
Mission Impossible In December.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #294
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
This was dated today, although that release date can't be correct.

http://www.leadcastingcall.com/now-c...h-hugh-jackman
What!!! They are casting Japanese actors for Japanese roles!? How novel!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #295
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I'm guessing the movie will happen sometime before this does:

http://playbill.com/news/article/158...13-2014-Season

Quote:
Hugh Jackman Will Be Houdini in New Broadway Musical During 2013-2014 Season

Tony Award winner Hugh Jackman will bring his magic back to Broadway during the 2013-2014 season in the new Stephen Schwartz-Aaron Sorkin musical Houdini.

Jackman previously disclosed news of the project to Playbill.com in November at the opening night of his record-breaking one-man show, Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway. He will star in the title role.

Tony winners Scott Sanders and David Rockwell produce the musical about the life of the turn-of-the-century illusionist, which will have a score by Academy Award-winning composer-lyricist Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, "Pocahontas") and a book by Academy Award winner Sorkin ("A Few Good Men," "The Newsroom," The Farnsworth Invention).

Tony-winning Hairspray and Coast of Utopia director Jack O'Brien will stage Houdini. Co-producer Rockwell (Hairspray, The Normal Heart) will also render scenic design for the musical. Kurt Andersen, who has been developing the musical over the last several seasons, will remain on as a creative consultant.

According to a statement from Sorkin, "Rather than being a biography, Houdini – told in a contemporary tone – tells the story of an epic battle that took place between the world's greatest illusionist and a trio of women, known as 'Spiritualists,' who convinced millions of people, including the editors of Scientific American and The New York Times, that they could communicate with the dead."

"I have been deeply fascinated by the life of Harry Houdini since I was young, and in many ways I’ve been preparing for this role my whole life," Jackman added in a statement. "I am thrilled to be collaborating with this collection of artists who are all at the top of their game."

Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #296
narrows101
Side-Kick

2013-2014 "season" runs from September 2013 through May 2014 (I believe) so it should open somewhere in there. Rehearsals are usually a month or two before opening. So he can either be rehearsing summer 2013 or winter 2014. Trying to guess release date/promotion from this new piece of info - I don't think he would be promoting the movie while he's in rehearsals and definitely not while doing the show.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #297
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

It would be cool to have a Wolverine movie in theaters during the same time he's on Broadway. I don't think that's happened yet.

And I would certainly do a double-feature if it does.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #298
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Since Wolverine has been alive since the 1800s I do have to ask if they'll have Wolverine show up in the X-Men First Class sequels since it would be totally plausible given that X-Men and Wolverine are owned by Fox.

- What would you think if I told you that it doesn't bother me at all?

- Ignorant, self absorbed people make me laugh, not comedians.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #299
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
Since Wolverine has been alive since the 1800s I do have to ask if they'll have Wolverine show up in the X-Men First Class sequels since it would be totally plausible given that X-Men and Wolverine are owned by Fox.
no.

his appearance in the bar scene was enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #300
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
no.

his appearance in the bar scene was enough.
I don't know, I think it would be kind of neat for Fox to pull a Marvel Movie Universe cross pollination if you get my drift, and have more direct correlation between Wolverine and the X-Men movies. Think of it this way, if we used your logic with the comics that would basically have them remove Wolverine from the X-Men comics altogether and resign him to his own title permanently.

- What would you think if I told you that it doesn't bother me at all?

- Ignorant, self absorbed people make me laugh, not comedians.
Closed Thread