The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #301
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

Hugh jackman has already gone on record saying he Is up for appearance in First Class sequels.So another cameo or a small role Is not out of the question.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #302
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

There shouldn't be anymore. The first cameo, I admit, was effin' hilarious and genius. But another one is just going to feel forced.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #303
kurac
Side-Kick

im gonna go on the record and say that filming will start in early july.and the release date would be either july 26th 2013 or august 2nd 2013.
fox had a lot of success this year with apes in that august date and they will probably try to do that with wolverine.but that date already has some bigger films like smurfs 2 and red 2.so july 26th is more likely
it definately wont be july 12th because that date will be reserved for some of the hufe films that WB has-mad max,jupiter ascending,twilight zone,godzilla...

Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #304
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Wait a minute. WB is working in another American made Godzilla attrocity? The last time that was done it was crap. Only Toho does Godzilla as Godzilla should be!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #305
kurac
Side-Kick

i guess i was right
THE WOLVERINE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE IS JULY 26TH 2013.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #306
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Yup, that's official:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86729

Quote:
Despite some production delays, the highly-anticipated franchise sequel, The Wolverine appears to be back on track and now has an official release date of July 26, 2013.

To be directed by James Mangold, The Wolverine will followup 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine and finds Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers and Silver Samurai.

The new release date tentatively puts the project up against Lionsgate's Dirty Dancing remake and Walt Disney Pictures' Phineas and Ferb film.

Christopher McQuarrie provided the original screenplay with rewrites performed by Mark Bomback

Read more: The Wolverine Gets a Release Date - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz1liwZrdnI

Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #307
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

That's also the same release date as the Dirty Dancing remake.

Hmmm...a remake whose existence has enraged every woman on the planet, or Hugh Jackman doing his Wolverine thing again? Easy choice for me!

I like that. No one puts Wolverine in a corner.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #308
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

As much as I liked the original Dirty Dancing I ahve no desire to see it remade. I'll be seeing Wolverine, thank you.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #309
narrows101
Side-Kick

No one puts Wolverine in a corner

I don't know how (or why!) they would remake Dirty Dancing!

Anyway, last I read, Wolverine starts on July 15. If you figure four months, that would end in November and Hugh goes right into promotion for Les Mis which opens Dec. 7. Then it's the holidays and he promotes Les Mis in other places since it opens in Australia on Dec. 26 (and I'm sure he'll be there for the holidays since his family switches off and they were in NYC this year) and the beginning of January in the UK. Then of course he does all his award appearances (yeah, I wish, fingers crossed) leading up to the Oscars in February. Actress/director Madeleine Stowe was on "The View" yesterday and she said Hugh is still attached to her directorial debut "Unbound Captives" which she hopes to start at the beginning of next year (I've heard *that* before!). So three months for that, then promotion for Wolverine. Then after that, rehearsals for "Houdini" on Broadway which opens in the 2013-2014 season (September to April).

There, I have the next two years of Hugh's life all mapped out LOL.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #310
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Ugh. I was hoping to see a XM:FC sequel next year. And after the stinkfest that was Wolverine, I have no intention on seeing the sequel if WOM is terrible.

Fox and Mangold have better be on good terms when they start production...

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #311
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

They're not even close on starting the First Class sequel, so you shouldn't be surprised we're getting this one first.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #312
Crockett
With Teeth

I'm worried since it seems that Mangold will have to work on a tight schedule with Jackman doing Les Misérables this few months, Vaughn did wonders with the time he had to work for First Class but the results won't always turn up positive.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #313
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Anybody think they'll have some sort of costume similar to the comics for Wolverine this time around?

With afew changes for the big screen it could look good.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #314
kurac
Side-Kick

wth are you people talking about?? what tight schedule??
this movie has been in some sort of production for 2 years already.script is finished.
im sure the sets are beeing built.mangold already has this whole movie in his head(i presume) and all that is left is to actually start filming.
and if they start in june/july that will give them 12/13 months till the release.MORE then enought time
so again what the hell are you all talking about?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #315
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Pretty excited for this, hoping Mangold does well

But I seem to be one of the few who hated First Class
So my expectations are not that high...
but that should make them easier to surpass!

Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #316
Crockett
With Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurac View Post
wth are you people talking about?? what tight schedule??
this movie has been in some sort of production for 2 years already.script is finished.
im sure the sets are beeing built.mangold already has this whole movie in his head(i presume) and all that is left is to actually start filming.
and if they start in june/july that will give them 12/13 months till the release.MORE then enought time
so again what the hell are you all talking about?
They're doing rewrites to the script and yes they have the locations set out, they've clearly have more time than they needed ever since they postponed it due to Aronofsky and the earthquakes last year BUT if filming does starts around October according to what Jackman mentioned earlier they're in a sort of tight schedule, they might do a rush job. Not will but might. It has good things going for it but I can't being a sort of pessimistic and thinking there's some areas where they'll mess up something.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #317
kurac
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
They're doing rewrites to the script and yes they have the locations set out, they've clearly have more time than they needed ever since they postponed it due to Aronofsky and the earthquakes last year BUT if filming does starts around October according to what Jackman mentioned earlier they're in a sort of tight schedule, they might do a rush job. Not will but might. It has good things going for it but I can't being a sort of pessimistic and thinking there's some areas where they'll mess up something.
you are obviously missinformed.when hugh said october-he meant october in 2011 back when wolverine was supposed to be filmed BEFORE les miserables.
but in order to have enough time to do both les and wolverine they delayed wolverine.and now it will start filming in june/july 2012

Old 02-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #318
Nightwing 52
Things change

Nice to finally have a release date.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #319
Crockett
With Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurac View Post
you are obviously missinformed.when hugh said october-he meant october in 2011 back when wolverine was supposed to be filmed BEFORE les miserables.
but in order to have enough time to do both les and wolverine they delayed wolverine.and now it will start filming in june/july 2012
Alright, in that case I stand corrected.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #320
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Hopefully we start getting casting news, etc soon, I didnt hate the last Wolverine film, but this one needs to be a big improvement to win over the masses.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #321
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I have high hopes for this. I would love to see the original timeline thrive once again, and this will likely be the last chance to do so now Fox are moving forward with a First Class sequel.

It will take a FANTASTIC trailer to distinguish this from the last film enough for some people, but it should have a visual style of its own that will look great.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #322
Superhero 101
DESI

Sweet I am really hoping this next Wolverine film be good in terms of quality. Good Writing, Good Story Good Acting Good action and Good Special FX

Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #323
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

YAY! Just almost 1 year and a few months wait!

So happy it already got a release date! I'm pretty sure FOX can this release this movie on time!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #324
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Well if they can deliver FC in a year, TW shouldnt be a problem with a year and nearly 5 months.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #325
narrows101
Side-Kick

I had read previously that filming would start around July 15. In this interview with Hugh re his coffee line for charity, he seems to confirm that when he gives the end date for filming Les Mis:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/09/showbi...ion=cnn_latest

Quote:
CNN: 20th Century Fox just announced a release date for "The Wolverine." What's the game plan?

Jackman: Shooting later this year. "Les Mis" finishes around the beginning of June so we'll take a month down and we'll get started. It's a Japanese saga, I'm very excited about it. It's looking good.

Closed Thread