The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #326
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

Good to hear FOX finally set a date (next summer was already running low on slots). I'm still not confident that with Mangold directing this film will do anything to elevate the genre. I'm also worried about Jackman's on-going (studio-pleasing) desire to cater to the children with this character. If Mangold can think outside the box [like Vaughn] & Jackman can come to terms with the fact that a man with unbreakable claws & brutal rage aren't kid-friendly aspects, this can be more than just X-Men Origins 2. Let's see what happens.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #327
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
I had read previously that filming would start around July 15. In this interview with Hugh re his coffee line for charity, he seems to confirm that when he gives the end date for filming Les Mis:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/09/showbi...ion=cnn_latest
I hope they are already finding actors for the new characters such as Silver Samurai! I also hope they go to Japan!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #328
TheGambler
Side-Kick

Is This The First Poster For ‘The Wolverine’?

Old 03-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #329
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
If it is official, that's a nice way to start things.

In other news, here are the first shots of Jackman in his Les Miserables look:

Hopefully his hair will be long enough by the time they go into principal photography for The Wolverine.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #330
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
If it is official, that's a nice way to start things.

In other news, here are the first shots of Jackman in his Les Miserables look:

Hopefully his hair will be long enough by the time they go into principal photography for The Wolverine.
That's only one Les Mis look and it's from the beginning of the musical/movie. His character ages a few decades and has different looks, from a prisoner (this look), to a prosperous mayor, to a surrogate father, to a volunteer revolutionary, to an old dying man. Looks like he's going to have to be wigged through the rest of the movie.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #331
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

I just don't want him wearing a wig in The Wolverine & 6 months seems a bit short for reaching that Wolverine length.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #332
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I just don't want him wearing a wig in The Wolverine & 6 months seems a bit short for reaching that Wolverine length.
The hair (or lack of it) probably only needs to be that way for the beginning scenes of the movie when he's a prisoner, not the whole movie. Once these scenes are done (probably next week), the hair will start growing out and if Wolverine starts in July as rumored, he would have had four months to grow it back.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #333
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There was a rumor The wolverine filming Is being pushed back to Fall.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #334
Cherry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Source?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #335
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Over In X-Men first Class board with regard to rumors of the X-Men first Class sequel
starting up this fall after reports of Jennifer Lawrence having conflict between the sequel and second Installment of the Hunger games trilogy a board member reported he heard It would be The Wolverine that starts filming In The fall.That Is why i mentioned a rumor of the Wolverine begining filming In Fall.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #336
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I'm not sure it's being 'pushed back.'

I heard it was 'fall' which, as far as i know, could mean anytime in the third quarter of the year (July, Aug, Sept).

Jackman finishes Les Miserables in June, and he'll need a break and also time to get physically ready for the Wolverine role. So it will be at least July, perhaps later by the time the film is ready to go.

Last edited by X-Maniac; 03-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #337
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Watched X2 again today & all I can say is I really hope Mangold surprises me & makes this fifth outing for Jackman something new & inspired. I'm not expecting anything at the level of what Aronofsky would have given us, but I'm hoping it can at least redeem the character in the medium & hold its own with films like TDK & X-Men: First Class. In X2, Singer came closest to the subject matter Claremont & Miller were pursuing with Wolverine 30 years ago in the miniseries. Mangold needs to pay close attention to the undertones in that film & explore what it is to be an immortal & to be isolated in a world that feels alien to one's self. Only through combat does clarity solidify for Wolverine. I think none of the above ever came to mind during the ORIGINS shoot. If Mangold is allowed the boldness required to truly enter the mind of "The Wolverine" this can still [sans Aronofsky] amount to something great. I'm just haunted by the thought that he'll make it like Knight & Day and ruin the character even more.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #338
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Once Aronofsky left the project, my expectations became pretty much nothing.

so anything anyone does can't really upset me...much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #339
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

First "official" image of Jackman in Les Miserables.

Gotta say, Jackman's a mean lookin' mofo.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #340
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

The beard is officially gone now, since they've finished up Valjean's post-chain gang scenes. On to the Mayor/Cosette's dad/Marius rescuer days.

Plus he also had what appears to be an awesome looking burger.

Quote:
@RealHughJackman
Awesome burger at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Portsmouth last night. After no carbs for ages...heaven! http://twitter.com/RealHughJac...584530292737/photo/1

Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #341
QWoods
Side-Kick

He looks so different without hair for some reason

Can you guys please go vote. Please and thank youhttp://imaginecasting.com/titles/results/7874/x-men-film-series/

Old 04-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #342
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #343
narrows101
Side-Kick

One of Hugh's boyhood friends, Gus Worland, is part of a radio show in Australia called The Grill Team. Every so often he gives little tidbits about "Jacko" - in a recent podcast, he mentioned this movie and said it was going to be filmed in Australia because of the Japan tsunami stuff.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #344
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Intresting.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #345
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
One of Hugh's boyhood friends, Gus Worland, is part of a radio show in Australia called The Grill Team. Every so often he gives little tidbits about "Jacko" - in a recent podcast, he mentioned this movie and said it was going to be filmed in Australia because of the Japan tsunami stuff.
Dislike option.

You can't capture the seediness and grime of Tokyo without actually shooting in Tokyo.

Its like shooting DRIVE in North Carolina instead of LA. No, just no.

This is a crime drama & in crime dramas your location is as much a character as your cast.

I hope FOX goes to Japan. Tokyo is up and running as we speak.

This picture was taken a week ago:

Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #346
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Japan got back up from that disaster incredibly fast. It's more than capable of hosting a film crew.

I really do hope a good portion is actually shot in Japan and not completely on sets.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #347
Thedudehimself
Banned User

I know this might be a silly question, but are we 100% SURE that this film is gonna see the light of day? I mean, has production actually started?

There were so many bad news and delays regarding this project, I m not sure if they make this movie. I kinda fear that we will soon hear that the film is scrapped.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #348
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedudehimself View Post
I know this might be a silly question, but are we 100% SURE that this film is gonna see the light of day? I mean, has production actually started?

There were so many bad news and delays regarding this project, I m not sure if they make this movie. I kinda fear that we will soon hear that the film is scrapped.
Yes, it's absolutely happening as soon as Hugh finishes "Les Miserables" which is done filming in June. Plus his friend Gus who hosts the Australian radio show said it was going to be filmed in Australia (wish he said when though!). And don't forget it already has a July 2013 release date.

If you are interesting in what Gus said on the radio show, it's in this link, Podcast 551, you'll have to fast-forward a bit about 1/4 through.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sho...-team/podcasts

Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #349
Thedudehimself
Banned User

I wish I could share your optimism. But then again, it sounds pretty damn legit. Hopefully we get some nice Set Pics in August, so that ll end all fears.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #350
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedudehimself View Post
I wish I could share your optimism. But then again, it sounds pretty damn legit. Hopefully we get some nice Set Pics in August, so that ll end all fears.
You gotta remember, compared to other CBM origin pictures (Ghost Rider, Thor, X-Men First Class, Captain America) X-Men Origins did very well at the box office.

For a movie with terrible reviews, it pulled $180 Million Domestically and $200 Million in the foreign market. It also had an $85 Million opening weekend.

Those numbers above got the film greenlit 3 years ago.

We were supposed to get this film this summer, but a stroke of bad luck happened with Aronofsky droppin' out and & Japan gettin' hit by disaster.

But yeah, as certain as you should be that there will be a Thor II, X-Men Second Class & Captain America 2, be certain that The Wolverine will hit theatres July 26.

We should have a trailer to wet our beaks this Christmas though

Closed Thread