The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #76
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Default Re: Transformers: Dark of The Moon Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
It's called "secrecy".
lol yea I get that but what's the point? We've had 2 films already the fans obviously know their stuff if you wanna tease have a proper nod at who he is not another generic bot.

I give up on films, they just start destroying well estabilished characters or stories and then say "It's a different visual take on something" or "different medium", and people just go along with it, they seem to forget what made it special in the first place.

I personally think fans should get together and do something too many characters have been destroyed over the last 10 years.

This site is called superherohype and yet the superhero's who we should be hyping have somewhat been diluted and reconstructed to suit the man in the office.

Last edited by xmangambit; 12-08-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
xmangambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #77
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
It's a teaser for goodness sake.

What more could you want?

Did you want Alpha Trion to get up from his homeostasis throw on a top hat and start dancing?
I would actually pay the additional 8 dollars to see that in 3D.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #78
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmangambit View Post
lol yea I get that but what's the point? We've had 2 films already the fans obviously know there stuff if you wanna tease have a proper nod at who he is not another generic bot.

I give up on films, they just start destroying well known things and then say "It's a different visual take on something" or "different medium" they seem to forget what made it special in the first place.
its called generating interest....that feeling you are feeling is called curiosity...you are curious about the robot on the moon and in normal people it makes you interested in the film

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #79
Justkidding
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol yea I get that but what's the point? We've had 2 films already the fans obviously know their stuff if you wanna tease have a proper nod at who he is not another generic bot.

I give up on films, they just start destroying well estabilished characters or stories and then say "It's a different visual take on something" or "different medium", and people just go along with it, they seem to forget what made it special in the first place.

I personally think fans should get together and do something too many characters have been destroyed over the last 10 years.

This site is called superherohype and yet the superhero's who we should be hyping have somewhat been diluted and reconstructed to suit the man in the office.
These are characters who have been written, and re-written over two decades. The problem I see with a lot of fans is they scream "They're ruining the characters." True, I guess, but which characters'? The orginal cartoon? The Marvel Comic? The UK Marvel Comic? The Card Bio? The Transformers Zone? What about Victory? The Dreamwave comic? The IDW comic?

The movie can't please one single fan base for the property. It's just impossible.

And made it special? I don't know about you, but when I watch the movies the robots are still turning into cars and planes. Looks like they're the same as the day they came out. Still fighting their civil war today as they did the first time they were aired on a Saturday.

Last edited by Justkidding; 12-08-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #80
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justkidding View Post
These are characters who have been written, and re-written over two decades. The problem I see with a lot of fans is they scream "They're ruining the characters." True, I guess, but which characters'. The orginal cartoon? The Marvel Comic? The UK Marvel Comic? The Card Bio? The Transformers Zone? What about Victory? The Dreamwave comic? The IDW comic?

The movie can't please one single fan base for the property. It's just impossible.

And made it special? I don't know about you, but when I watch the movies the robots are still turning into cars and planes. Looks like they're the same as the day they came out. Still fighting their civil war today as they did the first time they were aired on a Saturday.
whoa..... intelligence in a messageboard

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #81
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

We want Tranformers the movie to have the same qualities that resonated with us from the G1 cartoon/comic series, the same G1 cartoon/comic that made us fans in the first place.

Shame on us.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #82
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Wonder how the astronauts got him back to earth, or did they just leave him behind on the moon since they didn't have anything large enough to transport him in? Maybe when he was awakened he became hostile with the astronauts good or bad because they were disturbing him & he escaped & flew off or whatever to earth either way it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #83
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Quote:
These are characters who have been written, and re-written over two decades. The problem I see with a lot of fans is they scream "They're ruining the characters." True, I guess, but which characters'. The orginal cartoon? The Marvel Comic? The UK Marvel Comic? The Card Bio? The Transformers Zone? What about Victory? The Dreamwave comic? The IDW comic?

Your absolutely right. I'm not disputing any of that because it's true.

Yes they do still retain the "characteristics" transforming being the keyone, but let's be serious, it's just another "Wolverine and his little buddies".

So many characters to play with & build an actual persona with, which i think they tried in number 2 but some were still sidelined and didn't even get a voice, they were just there in the background so fans could be like "hmm, which could that be?"

It's hard to single out and say they should be like this or that because of the variations, but the ones that really do stick with people is the G1 series, that's if we're talking numbers of people that would instantly recognize.

That's already something to play with. I just think it's fallen off, lacks that emotional content from bay, he's passionate you can tell, he's got the explosions big effects down, but it's just missing heart.

The way Prime died in 2 and then brought back.... enough said?

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about, but... it brings in money right? So fans should just shut up and let stuff like that carry on right? There's nothing we can do.

Just my two cents.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #84
Justkidding
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
We want Tranformers the movie to have the same qualities that resonated with us from the G1 cartoon/comic series, the same G1 cartoon/comic that made us fans in the first place.

Shame on us.
And I get that. But what about fans of the comic, or Animated, or Armada, the Dreamwave comic? Who says you get the bigger say than everyone else? If it came down to it I would prefer Monkey over Truck. I enjoyed G1 as much as the next guy, but please, they can't outright redo the Sunbow cartoon. It's dumb. It all ready exists. Why do it again?

The movies, just like all other forms of media, have to update, change with the times, yet can still have that connection to the past. The movie isn't G1, and never was made to be so, but it tries it's damnest to please everyone.

OP is voiced by the actor as the show. He is still a truck. The transformers are still in a civil war. A Witwicky is tagging along. Energon still shows up, etc, etc. What do you want from them? A shot for shot remake of the first three episodes of the show?

Justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #85
powerbomb1411
Side-Kick

Quote:
they seem to forget what made it special in the first place.
Quote:

Shame on us.

I'm watching the original G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoons right now. Have you watched them lately? Or have you ever watched them? They're pretty awful. I know they worked when we were kids, but they don't work now.

powerbomb1411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #86
roach
I am the night

people dont realize that the G1 cartoon and the Marvel comic wrote the characters differently....Grimlock in the cartoon is completely different than the comic

Old 12-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #87
Marvin
Side-Kick

optimus and megatron are the same

that's enough for xmen.

and yea, I personally find unicron lame, celestial bodies as characters don't work for me. I'm personally more a fan of dinobot from beastwars.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #88
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

There were iconic and redeemable aspects to the G1 cartoon and comic.

All they had to do was embellish the good parts and fill in the holes with stronger sci-fi.

Instead they dumped most of the good stuff and filled the holes with crap.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #89
roach
I am the night

Quote:
And I get that. But what about fans of the comic, or Animated, or Armada, the Dreamwave comic? Who says you get the bigger say than everyone else? If it came down to it I would prefer Monkey over Truck. I enjoyed G1 as much as the next guy, but please, they can't outright redo the Sunbow cartoon. It's dumb. It all ready exists. Why do it again?

The movies, just like all other forms of media, have to update, change with the times, yet can still have that connection to the past. The movie isn't G1, and never was made to be so, but it tries it's damnest to please everyone.

OP is voiced by the actor as the show. He is still a truck. The transformers are still in a civil war. A Witwicky is tagging along. Energon still shows up, etc, etc. What do you want from them? A shot for shot remake of the first three episodes of the show?

and TF3 is gonna have more nods to G1...the footage from Chicago shows Optimus has his trailer and it looks like the G1 trailer

Its wierd...people call Michael Bay a hack and then complain when he doesnt copy the cartoon word for word

Last edited by roach; 12-09-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #90
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
There has never been a G1 live action movie and G1 was the most popular Transformers series.

Quote:
It doesn't try its damnest to please everyone. Most of the changes are uninspired or outright pointless.

Quote:
That's like saying, what's wrong with "Batman and Robin". Bruce Wayne is still Batman. Batman is still fighting a war on crime. Alfred is still tagging along. The Batmobile still shows up. What do you want from them?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #91
Speedball
Don't. Blink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batnkevlar View Post
Shia LeBeouf probably got "Steve Stevens" the job... thank god for Shia then...
HAHAHA!!! I saw that too!!!

Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #92
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sorry this is total BS!

Why even make that trailer?

Especially if you're not even going to name or tell us who that Yellow Bumblebee looking mofo is?

I mean it's not Unicron that guy size of a planet and if it is fail, not paying to watch another bayformer ever again.

If it is Alpha trion/sentinel prime even more fail.

Don't care if it's another autobot, after 3 films it's gonna do a spiderman 3 and kill the franchise, which was born dead anyway.

It had potential but from the start they looked too alien now he want's them to look like this? Which bring me to another point? Is he exposing this one to show and upgrade in what the transformers maybe looking like now?

It's all fail in my opinion, I'll stick to them in my brain because they look better there.

Really disappointed.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #93
Speedball
Don't. Blink.

Oh, and there's no way that the Transformer in the ship is Soundwave. Soundwave is supposed to be on Cybertron ruling in the chaos that was created when the Fallen fell. He can't be on the moon 50+ years in a ship out of commission...
...unless... he's ruling Cybertron because he was on a ship on the moon and went back after waking up...

Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #94
nogap87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Screencap of bot from the trailer:
By far the best robot face in the whole movie franchise. It looks human, which creeps me out. Exactly what a Transformer should do. Here's hoping he doesn't have any strange looking limbs.

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #95
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sorry this is total BS!

Why even make that trailer?

Especially if you're not even going to name or tell us who that Yellow Bumblebee looking mofo is?

I mean it's not Unicron that guy size of a planet and if it is fail, not paying to watch another bayformer ever again.

If it is Alpha trion/sentinel prime even more fail.

Don't care if it's another autobot, after 3 films it's gonna do a spiderman 3 and kill the franchise, which was born dead anyway.

It had potential but from the start they looked too alien now he want's them to look like this? Which bring me to another point? Is he exposing this one to show and upgrade in what the transformers maybe looking like now?

It's all fail in my opinion, I'll stick to them in my brain because they look better there.

Really disappointed.
Do you even know the definition of a "teaser trailer"?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #96
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogap87 View Post
By far the best robot face in the whole movie franchise. It looks human, which creeps me out. Exactly what a Transformer should do. Here's hoping he doesn't have any strange looking limbs.
transformers aren't human...like any alien the concept that they would look like us is a movie based contrivity.

antrhopomothic alien faces belong in cartoons, where everthing is drawn for animation...tv animation in the case of transformers. That's probably why the cgi beast wars and beast machines have more design liberties than the G1 cartoon.

that being said, this is a movie so the point is moot anyway.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #97
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Why wouldn't intelligent life from other planets have a similar design as humans?

Maybe alien evolution arranges the faces of intelligent life in a similar way because the best design is always the same.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #98
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why wouldn't intelligent life from other planets have a similar design as humans?

Maybe alien evolution arranges the faces of intelligent life in a similar way out of practicality.
maybe, maybe not
then again, look around, how many other species so close to home have human faces?

and we're hardly the best design(I don't care what joe shuster and jerry siegel were smoking)

Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #99
LostSon88
Side-Kick

That one that Rosie O' Donnell is...

Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #100
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Ok I did it, I wet myself...See what happened was I spilt a glass of water.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote