The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

View Poll Results: What do you think
Oh thank god! IM2 was horrible! 6 5.61%
WTF MARVEL. Its like X-Men 3 all over again... 50 46.73%
Meh, time will tell. 51 47.66%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #276
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.
 
Mrs. Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,553
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

After seeing all the articles and information, I'm starting to think this is all overreaction by all of us. It could be possible that Favreau just wanted to go back to kids films and direct The Magic Kingdom. He did love that place since he was a kid.

Maybe it was something Marvel did, and maybe it was also because Favs truly didn't know where to go with IM3. But it feels as though the main catalyst to me is him simply wanting to do Magic Kingdom more.

__________________
The things I do to win a Deathmatch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #277
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
And those problems are my own. If you like Iron Man 2, thats your business but I have a right to state my negative opinion about it or anyother film, provided I'm not trolling. Nobody is going to convince me that Iron Man 2 was a good flick...sorry.
All you do is b---h about Iron Man 2. You went out of your way to crush it's success in the box office thread.

Nobody said you shouldn't have an opinion, but you are always railing about it leading me to believe you have some bias. I didn't care for Wolverine, but you don't see me hammering it all the time. If anything, I try to find the good in bad movies, not mine the negative aspects from good movies. There are few movies that I have left angry or complaining about. Then again, I am easy to please and not so demanding about every freaking movie.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #278
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.
 
Mrs. Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,553
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
And those problems are my own. If you like Iron Man 2, thats your business but I have a right to state my negative opinion about it or anyother film, provided I'm not trolling. Nobody is going to convince me that Iron Man 2 was a good flick...sorry.
I don't get why you keep saying you have a right to state your opinion. No one's telling you that you can't.

__________________
The things I do to win a Deathmatch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #279
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron
 
Iron_Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Avengers Tower
Posts: 5,819
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
After seeing all the articles and information, I'm starting to think this is all overreaction by all of us. It could be possible that Favreau just wanted to go back to kids films and direct The Magic Kingdom. He did love that place since he was a kid.

Maybe it was something Marvel did, and maybe it was also because Favs truly didn't know where to go with IM3. But it feels as though the main catalyst to me is him simply wanting to do Magic Kingdom more.
This is the internet, people overreact over the slightest things.

But yeah that's exactly what I got from that interview and the numerous interviews about him not knowing how to handle the Mandarin.

__________________
AVENGERS
INFINITY WAR

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 12-15-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #280
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I hear you on most of this except,



Shield is introduced in a different context here. It's not like it's just Shield for the sake of shield, and it's not like they're using the original Nick Fury who's a very crucial part of Ironman lore.

They're using the version from the Ultimates, which, ultimately, is another version of the Avengers. And when he shows up, he's talking about the Avengers, it's his whole purpose, which is my problem. If you want to do Nick Fury, do it, but do it right, and with justice, not just to tie movies together for the eventual Avengers film, and that's all this is. Make him really integral to the plot in someway, do something important with him, outside of the setup.
Sure, he is a different Nick Fury from the original one but I really have no issue with it at this point. SHIELD doesn't equal Avengers. Nick Fury is still representing SHIELD, not the Avengers which at this point in the movies is still in planning stages. As a public figure/superhero, SHIELD would be the agency to deal with Tony Stark as he is outside the military.

Again, I think this whole Fury thing is mountain out of a molehill. His inclusion wasn't the problem in the script as he only took up two scenes.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #281
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I hear you on most of this except,



Shield is introduced in a different context here. It's not like it's just Shield for the sake of shield, and it's not like they're using the original Nick Fury who's a very crucial part of Ironman lore.

They're using the version from the Ultimates, which, ultimately, is another version of the Avengers. And when he shows up, he's talking about the Avengers, it's his whole purpose, which is my problem. If you want to do Nick Fury, do it, but do it right, and with justice, not just to tie movies together for the eventual Avengers film, and that's all this is. Make him really integral to the plot in someway, do something important with him, outside of the setup.
Sure, he is a different Nick Fury from the original one but I really have no issue with it at this point. SHIELD doesn't equal Avengers. Nick Fury is still representing SHIELD, not the Avengers which at this point in the movies is still in planning stages. As a public figure/superhero, SHIELD would be the agency to deal with Tony Stark as he is outside the military.

Again, I think this whole Fury thing is mountain out of a molehill. His inclusion wasn't the problem in the script as he only took up two scenes.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #282
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,318
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
It feels like Nick Fury was a plot device to move the Avengers subplot forward.
Precisely my point. If we're to be technical, the Avengers had nothing to do with Nick Fury or SHIELD during their inception. But we're not talking about that Nick Fury, we're talking about the Ultimates Nick Fury, so basically, his sole purpose is to be a plot device and connect the Avengers agenda through each film, making him simultaneously unnecessary to IM2 as a standalone film, yet integral to IM2 as the Avenger's tie-in.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #283
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,551
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Um my feelings on the Avengers thing is not being blown up. I hated the Avengers stuff and felt that it hurt the film overall, I'm not alone in my thinking either. If anyone loved the Avengers stuff and felt that Iron Man 2 was flawlessly handled, fine but I still felt that the film would have actually been good if the Avengers stuff was cut out and the villain had more to do than build things.

My anger towards Iron Man 2 comes from disappointment. I liked the first film and thought that they were going to up the anti when Iron Man 2 came out. I only wanted a few things.

Interesting drama to go along with the jokes

An interesting villain that was better than Staine (who wasn't awful)

Interesting a good (better than the first film) action scenes that fit nicely into a semi interesting the plot

I felt that I didn't get those things and thus I talk about it. I wasn't asking for a certain plot or villain or the greatest film in the world, I just wanted a good film. The film wasn't good or bad to me based on Boxoffice numbers or anyone elses opinions, it just simply wasn't enjoyable to me. It could have made 1bil and Favs could be coming back to direct and it still wouldn't be a good film to me.

I hope that Favs moves on the other and better things and makes another Elf or Iron Man 1. He has problems as a director but he has great potential on the action movie front.

I wish the future director good luck when dealing with Marvel because they have serious issues.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #284
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dance Dance (Bane's) Revolution
Posts: 12,957
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Favs did state in the past that he felt these comic book franchises run out of steam after the second one, so there you go.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #285
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dance Dance (Bane's) Revolution
Posts: 12,957
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Hype lag.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!

Last edited by I Am The Knight; 12-15-2010 at 09:52 PM.
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #286
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
when did ISS say that?

the facts.

Marvel lowballed with TIH.
Then Rourke, SLJ, RDJ (I think?) and favs, cause IM2 wasn't even supposed to be out this year.
Then the norton thing.
Now this.
So what if they lowballed? Stop worrying if millionaires are getting paid enough. Nobody does this with sports but they are fine with giving actors a blank check. Why is this? Making movies is a business and they should be paying people what they are worth. Obviously, these people all took the jobs, therefore they are getting paid what they are worth.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #287
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,551
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I don't get why you keep saying you have a right to state your opinion. No one's telling you that you can't.
I get the feeling that some are with their responses.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #288
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,318
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Sure, he is a different Nick Fury from the original one but I really have no issue with it at this point. SHIELD doesn't equal Avengers. Nick Fury is still representing SHIELD, not the Avengers which at this point in the movies is still in planning stages. As a public figure/superhero, SHIELD would be the agency to deal with Tony Stark as he is outside the military.

Again, I think this whole Fury thing is mountain out of a molehill. His inclusion wasn't the problem in the script as he only took up two scenes.
He did, but Widow sure didn't. And on top of that, some of us, think his inclusion was bad, from a comedic standpoint, plot standpoint, any point. He can't just be representing SHIELD if everytime he shows up he's talking about the Avengers. His whole purpose for being there, for following Stark, for having Widow as his assistant, for helping with the Palladium, is because of the Avengers, so how isn't that his sole purpose?

Take out the Avengers, and both of those characters (at least in this incarnation) wouldn't even exist. Now if they were really using SHIELD for the sake of SHIELD and fell more inline with the classic interpretations, I would have no problem with that. As it is now though, they're nothing more than a plot device

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #289
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,702
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

just read the news. terrible. loved both movies. I hope JF changes his mind, I mean "Magic Kingdom"? wtf?

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #290
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,865
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
So what if they lowballed? Stop worrying if millionaires are getting paid enough. Nobody does this with sports but they are fine with giving actors a blank check. Why is this? Making movies is a business and they should be paying people what they are worth. Obviously, these people all took the jobs, therefore they are getting paid what they are worth.
Okay, so why don't you continue taking bigger paycuts? Are you going to be as enthusiastic about your job?

__________________
This is my design.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #291
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
He did, but Widow sure didn't. And on top of that, some of us, think his inclusion was bad, from a comedic standpoint, plot standpoint, any point. He can't just be representing SHIELD if everytime he shows up he's talking about the Avengers. His whole purpose for being there, for following Stark, for having Widow as his assistant, for helping with the Palladium, is because of the Avengers, so how isn't that his sole purpose?

Take out the Avengers, and both of those characters (at least in this incarnation) wouldn't even exist. Now if they were really using SHIELD for the sake of SHIELD and fell more inline with the classic interpretations, I would have no problem with that. As it is now though, they're nothing more than a plot device
Yeah, I agree with you that Widow could be easily taken out of the movie. But she wasn't bad or distracting (aside from how hot she is). I can't agree with you on Fury though because I think he is an important part of the story and the franchise. His purpose in the movie was director of SHIELD and the government agency that Tony had to deal with. Iron Man is a public figure therefore he must be in contact with some government agency right? He isn't attached to the military anymore and Nick Fury is the contact that makes the most sense. SHIELD was obviously invested in his health as he was an important part of international security, so the palladium plot point makes sense. I don't think the Avengers really has anything at all to do with that.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #292
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
Okay, so why don't you continue taking bigger paycuts? Are you going to be as enthusiastic about your job?
Who is taking a paycut in these movies?

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #293
Saint
The Devil's Robot
 
Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 12,784
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Well, Faverau directed one great movie and one decent sequel, so it's hard to see this as a good thing. Still, a new director might bring something fresh to the table. Although it's unlikely that a new director would take the franchise in a significant new direction, I'd consider this an opportunity to bring some harder sci-fi into the series and tone down the comedy a little.

__________________
  • Days of Future Past is a game changer, positioning the X-Men films to overcome past mistakes and explore fresh, bold territory. PS: Now let's fix Cyclops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.

Last edited by Saint; 12-16-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 AM   #294
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,387
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
just read the news. terrible. loved both movies. I hope JF changes his mind, I mean "Magic Kingdom"? wtf?
Magic Kingdom, if done right, could be the 21st Century's answer to Roger Rabbit.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #295
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,035
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

You know, it sort of reminds me of the Superman franchise. Not that I think we'll see Iron Man-The Quest for Peace but I mean the whole saga of it all culminating in this. Oh well, it seems to me that both Favreau and Marvel are amicable.

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #296
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.
 
Mrs. Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,553
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Let's be honest, lets say both hypothetical problems I presented before (Marvel's executive meddling and Favreau not knowing how to approach The Mandarin) came to fruition for IM3. It probably would be for the better that Favreau left the Franchise.

__________________
The things I do to win a Deathmatch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #297
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,668
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

^ You could make the argument then that without studio meddling there's every possibility that he could have found a way for that character to work if he had been left to do his own thing and develop films 2 and 3 more organically. Who's to say he couldn't have figured out the way to crack the character's code had he been granted more freedom. I know from personal experience having to include stuff is always going to screw with you creatively because that great idea you might of had now has to accommodate other aspects you don't necessarily want.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.

Last edited by jmc; 12-16-2010 at 05:33 AM.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #298
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 18,109
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

I really don't see why the Mandarin's so damn hard anyway.

kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #299
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger
 
Ironfan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stark International
Posts: 2,207
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I really don't see why the Mandarin's so damn hard anyway.
I agree, but Favreau did, mentioning the difficultly of translating him to a movie on numerous occasions, so maybe just maybe he just did not want to take that on in the third film, as many including fans wanted Mandarin for this film, so he was in a no win situtaion, he had no idea how to make Mandarin fit into the Iron Man universe he had created, which I guess I understand, but Mandarin's power's are not magic based but in fact alien technology, so keeping Mandarin in a tech based world was not hard to imagine, whether it be alien tech or tech he made himself, just how do you make a guy with 10 rings of power realistic.

__________________
www.advancediron.org -The Ultimate Iron Man Website.
Ironfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #300
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 317
Default Re: No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
when did ISS say that?

the facts.

Marvel lowballed with TIH.
Then Rourke, SLJ, RDJ (I think?) and favs, cause IM2 wasn't even supposed to be out this year.
Then the norton thing.
Now this.
Wait.
1.TIH was re-cut by Gale Anne Hurd and David Maisel (that now is not in Marvel anymore), not by Kevin Feige.
2. Marvel is a small studio. It's not bigger like Warner Bros., or Fox or Sony. This is what people must learn. They produce movies with bank loans. If they flop a movie, they're in trouble!
And they can't pay bigger payments to all this star, they seriously can't. This is why Norton was fired. Surely Norton wants more payment and don't want to sign the multi-contract thing.
3. Iron Man 2. This is the only Marvel's fault. Because they make Iron Man 2 after Edgar Wright's Ant-Man was postpone. Like a replacement. But it's true also that Favreau is a comedy director. His "Iron Man" movies are full comedy and lack of action (remember the final fight in both movies?). So I think what he want it's an action comedy. But while Iron Man was good, Iron Man 2 was meh.

Supermanreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.