The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 12-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #151
roach
I am the night

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

its not gonna be an A or B list director

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #152
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

I definitely don't think it will be an A list director but I think it could possibly be a B list director. Marvel's gonna want to get a director both them and the fans can get behind.

Or they may want a director than can easily be controlled. It can go either way.

Potential Username Suggestion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #153
roach
I am the night

i actually wouldnt be surprised if they went after the guy who directed Tron Legacy

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #154
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Uuuuggggghhhkkkkk.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #155
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i actually wouldnt be surprised if they went after the guy who directed Tron Legacy
He's too inexperienced a director, and Tron didn't receive good enough reviews, nor does it look like it's going to do well enough at the BO to justify giving him IM.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #156
roach
I am the night

precisely...someone they can mold and control.....and while i do know they are different companies Marc Webb only has one movie to his name before Spidey

Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #157
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
precisely...someone they can mold and control.....and while i do know they are different companies Marc Webb only has one movie to his name before Spidey
Webb also directed over 100 music videos and 500 Days of Summer got much better reviews than Tr2n. Whereas Joseph Kosinski directed entirely CG commercials of Halo 3 and Gears of War and Tr2n.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #158
kedrell
Band user

They'll want someone who has talent, won't cost too much and is on board the whole 'one universe' thing from the start and who's available. Duncan Jones or Matt Reeves are the likely candidates, IMO(as long as they're cool with the one-universe thing, which I have no idea about).

Old 12-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #159
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Louis Letterier had the job for ITH and he wasn't/isn't exactly renowned! Kevin Branagh, on the other hand, is a pretty celebrity-level guy to work behind. Maybe I'm too naive but Marvel Studios seems to be very flexible as long as the creators remain faithful to the comics and their Avengers project. There's this notion of cooperation between the producers and the directors, just like Marvel does with their magazines, so who knows, it just might be someone of high caliber but with a good idea.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #160
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

That's indeed what they want. Marvel wants people who love the comics and are willing to cooperate in establishing this shared universe. As long as they don't go overboard and start compiling a list of demands for directors (like who's required to cameo and stuff) then they'll be fine.

Quote:
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #161
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

And to be honest, in the case of Kosinski, the script was crap from the beginning (in an interview with the screenwriters, they mentioned they left a lot out for a sequel) so I'll give him some slack and wait until he makes another film in order to fully judge his skills as a director.

With that said, he's too inexperienced for Iron Man 3. The Spiderman reboot is much cheaper and much less riskier. Webb's not working with very experienced actors much less RDJ and the Spider-man franchise will gross a lot of money because it's Spidey (unless it's really bad).

Quote:
Old 12-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #162
kedrell
Band user

Cameos shouldn't be dictated by concerns of upcoming movies so much as being integral to the story. If it makes sense that character X shows up, then do it. Like it would make perfect sense for Cap to show up in an Iron Man movie that was an adaption of Armor Wars.

But if it doesn't make sense for them to be there then please don't shoe-horn them in. That's just blatant pandering and it's kinda insulting.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #163
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I don't think Marvel's doing that (and I never thought that was the case for IM2 ) though I have a bad feeling that Feige may eventually push for that. I don't know why, but I feel as though he would do that.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #164
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

I don't think I've seen it suggested here yet (though I might've missed it), so I'll suggest Alex Proyas.

Of course, ideally I'd want Fav's back...

Old 12-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #165
kedrell
Band user

Have you seen Knowing?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #166
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

The direction was hardly the problem with that movie.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #167
roach
I am the night

Iron man seems a little light for him

Old 12-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #168
kedrell
Band user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
The direction was hardly the problem with that movie.
EVERYTHING was the problem with that movie. Ugh! I just wanted to shoot a bus load of kids after seeing that.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #169
Justkidding
Side-Kick

Alex Proyas seems to be a good choice. All his movies have made bank, varing critical success, has clear visions for his project while maintaining the level of yes man requried to work on a Marvel Project based on his work with I, Robot for FOX.

Justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #170
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Zach Snyder. He would give us great armored action.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #171
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I think he's got more than enough on his plate already...

Also, no.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #172
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
EVERYTHING was the problem with that movie. Ugh! I just wanted to shoot a bus load of kids after seeing that.
you think Knowing was a bad directed movie?

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #173
kedrell
Band user

When I consider that a director is usually in charge of all aspects of a film(i.e. bringing them all together so that they work as a whole) then yes, I think the directing there was bad. Yes, I know he didn't write it but that he signed on to direct such a poorly(and this term can't be overstated in regards to that film, IMO) written screenplay......that has to say something about his own judgment.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #174
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I don't think I've seen it suggested here yet (though I might've missed it), so I'll suggest Alex Proyas.

Of course, ideally I'd want Fav's back...
Quote:
Have you seen Knowing?
Quote:
Hahaha, I JUST watched it two nights ago. C'mon it was one of those films that just didn't know what it was. Like people. It started off as a creepy horror film about possession, became a disaster movie at some point, turned to a conspiracy film with bibilical horror, and ended up being an apocalyptic alien story. Seriously, Zack Snyder would've been right at home there (no offense, I love his work, but the genre shifts somehow remind me of him). Proyas is great, but I think he'd muck up Iron Man.

Quote:
Iron man seems a little light for him
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think he[Snyder]'s got more than enough on his plate already...

Also, no.
Agreed.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #175
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I still say Matt Reeves would be a great choice, but Shane Black too.

Those are my top 2 picks. I wouldn't choose one over the other.

Quote: