The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 01-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #176
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

Whedon will do it right after Avengers and in doing so will prove the talent Favs infact has or doesn't.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #177
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

You guys are really expecting way too much of Joss.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #178
Justkidding
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I still say Matt Reeves would be a great choice, but Shane Black too.

Those are my top 2 picks. I wouldn't choose one over the other.
He should do the Heroes for Hire movie

Justkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #179
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
You guys are really expecting way too much of Joss.
Agreed. I don't understand why people are thinking Whedon will do IM3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #180
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Whedon will do it right after Avengers and in doing so will prove the talent Favs infact has or doesn't.
Wait...wha....are you serious?????

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #181
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I can see Whedon helping out whoever will be hired to direct IM3, but realistically speaking, I don't see him directing it himself.

Last edited by Majik1387; 01-03-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #182
roach
I am the night

Anyone expecting Whedon to direct IM3 does not know how the film making process works

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #183
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I can see Whedon helping out whoever will be hired to direct IM3, but realistically speaking, I don't see him directing it himself.
I agree, and with that said, I can safely say that Whedon's a much more realistic choice than J.J. Abrams or Steven Spielberg.

The funny thing is that in the writer's thread for Iron Man 3 for who do you want to be a screenwriter, someone said Aaron Sorkin. Someone obviously didn't know the kind of stories Sorkin writes (and that Sorkin doesn't go anywhere near writing any story that could even be closely considered fantasy).

Quote:
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #184
roach
I am the night

The director of IM3 will be C-list at best...scratch Spielberg, Nolan, Abrams, Snyder, Cameron and Bay off the list

Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #185
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Sam Raimi.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #186
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
@ManMadeMoon (Duncan Jones - director of Moon & Source Code)
What did you think of Iron Man 2?
I know that it's very far from confirmation or something serious like that, but the fact that he cares about it makes me happy & wonder, whether he'll want to try himself as the director of Iron Man 3, should Source Code succeed both critically & financially.

RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #187
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
The director of IM3 will be C-list at best...scratch Spielberg, Nolan, Abrams, Snyder, Cameron and Bay off the list
I think that's giving the series too little credit. Big Budget franchise, big name lead actor and cast. I'm seeing at best B-list.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #188
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Who would even want Nolan to direct IM3? Tsk Tsk...

Quote:
The funny thing is that in the writer's thread for Iron Man 3 for who do you want to be a screenwriter, someone said Aaron Sorkin. Someone obviously didn't know the kind of stories Sorkin writes
I was joking.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #189
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
I was joking.
Oh. Now I feel like an ass haha.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #190
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't see Joss Whedon doing IM3. IM3 is probably going to be targetted for 2013, I would imagine. If that is the case, and IM3 begins the Post-Avengers being formed in filmverse, then IM3 will be way into production even before Avengers is done. That means, Joss can't do it.

Marvel will bring in someone new for IM3, I would bet money on it.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #191
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

My sig, dammit!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #192
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Look at some of my post on the last page

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #193
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

I think Marvel may get a b-list director for IM3. I wouldn't call Branagh or JJ C-list directors, yet they're doing Marvel films right now. Marvel clearly won't go A-list, but they've had no problem working with B-list directors. But, I don't care what list the director for IM3 comes from. I just care that he has the right vision needed for this Marvel universe post-Avengers existing. IM3 is going to be a very interesting film for that reason. Much like IM1 defined this new Marvel universe (before its sequel becoming a commercial for Avengers), it appears IM3 will be charged with defining this new Marvel universe, again. It's easy when these characters can all be involved and act as a unit in one film, but how will solos work when this world of a "team" exists? I am very interested to see this. Like I said, it has to be explained why Iron Man just doesn't call Thor to pound the Mandarin.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #194
roach
I am the night

I consider Branagh and JJ c-list directors...its nothing about their talent but where they are in the mindset of the GA.
A list directors are those who can market a movie themselves....Spielberg, Cameron, Tarantino have marketed movies based on their vision.

B list are directors on their way up or down...Abrams and Snyder are on their way up while M Night is on his way down...if he isnt already c-list

So when I mention c list its not a slam against JJ or Branagh its just they dont have anything within the last few years they can point to that the GA remembers them for

Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #195
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

To be honest, I thought about that but I don't think people will care about the whole "Why don't Iron Man get help" to fight the Mandarin. With that said, they should just establish that the other heroes are busy with their own conflicts.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #196
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I consider Branagh and JJ c-list directors...its nothing about their talent but where they are in the mindset of the GA.
A list directors are those who can market a movie themselves....Spielberg, Cameron, Tarantino have marketed movies based on their vision.

B list are directors on their way up or down...Abrams and Snyder are on their way up while M Night is on his way down...if he isnt already c-list

So when I mention c list its not a slam against JJ or Branagh its just they dont have anything within the last few years they can point to that the GA remembers them for
But, they are still people popular in Hollywood circuits. Hence why I don't see them as C-list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
To be honest, I thought about that but I don't think people will care about the whole "Why don't Iron Man get help" to fight the Mandarin. With that said, they should just establish that the other heroes are busy with their own conflicts.
I agree, that is what they should do, but it must be explained no less. I'd use it to maybe reference things that happen in other solo sequels (like say Cap is busy in wherever Cap 2 takes place, or Thor for Thor 2, etc).

Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #197
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
But, they are still people popular in Hollywood circuits. Hence why I don't see them as C-list.

popularity in Hollywood is based on what have you done for me lately....neither one has anything recent that the GA remembers....yes JJ did come in to finish Wolfman late but its still his name on it.

Can they market a movie on their own...no
do they have anything recent to show off...no
they are c-list and if these movies are good they may move up

Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #198
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

B-list directors can't sell a movie themselves, either. Not even a guy like Abrams gets people to see his movies outside of us just because it is him. Didn't help MI3. Only when you go into the A-list do directors sell a movie based on name.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #199
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
B-list directors can't sell a movie themselves, either. Not even a guy like Abrams gets people to see his movies outside of us just because it is him. Didn't help MI3. Only when you go into the A-list do directors sell a movie based on name.
exactly...b-list people are either on their way up or down.

which is why Spielberg's name appears on Super 8

Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #200
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Sam Raimi.
Imagine?

Bruce Campbell as his new bodyguard.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote