The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #76
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Default Re: Tron: Uprising

Cannot wait for this show, the animation and just the art style in general is so inventive and slick looking. Love it, the first episode was excellent!

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Spidey_62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #77
Soapy
It's happening again...

I will say this, I didn't really care for the music. It sounded way too similar to Daft Punk's work on Legacy. Like... I understand they probably want to keep a unified vision, for lack of a better word throughout the franchise. They want all things Tron to look, feel, and sound identifiably Tron. But instead of using the general sound of the Legacy soundtrack as a palette or template, a lot of the music tracks in the first episode were obviously closely emulating specific tracks from Legacy. If they wanted that particular music in the show they should have just used it instead of imitating it.

It's not a deal-breaker or anything, just something that stood out to me.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #78
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Just saw the pilot and hot diggity it was great! I agree with soapy on the music somewhat though. I like the idea of using Daft Punks score (because it is awesome), but it felt like they were just ripping it off instead of actually using it... if that makes sense... They should have just used it 100% and not added unnecessary changes for the sake of it imo.

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #79
MOVIELORD101
GOJIRA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I will say this, I didn't really care for the music. It sounded way too similar to Daft Punk's work on Legacy. Like... I understand they probably want to keep a unified vision, for lack of a better word throughout the franchise. They want all things Tron to look, feel, and sound identifiably Tron. But instead of using the general sound of the Legacy soundtrack as a palette or template, a lot of the music tracks in the first episode were obviously closely emulating specific tracks from Legacy. If they wanted that particular music in the show they should have just used it instead of imitating it.

It's not a deal-breaker or anything, just something that stood out to me.
The reason it sounded similar is because the music for this series is being composed by Joseph Trapanese, who worked with Daft Punk on the orchestral parts of the Tron Legacy score.

PSN: halo101
MOVIELORD101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #80
Clu
End of Line, Man.

yup. they wanted it to sound like the movie but retain its own identity(disc)

Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #81
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

^ That's how I see it, it's familiar enough but It has it's own version...which btw I love Uprising's theme song, it's SOO good.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #82
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm really going to have to get used to it since there were plenty of times where I'd hear something similar to the Tron Legacy score and start humming it, but the show goes in a different direction.

Anyway, I really liked the episode and actually enjoyed more than Legacy since I feel they are tapping into potential of this being something really fun instead of just being a franchise that looks cool. Hopefully, it helps Disney with their decision of making more films or they'll just only look to Marvel to attract the boys they so badly want.

I really wonder how things will work out to tie in with Legacy like Tron becoming Rinzler and what ultimately becomes of Beck. Oh, and what's with Tron having a white suit?

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #83
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I'm guessing it's a tribute to his old suit he used to wore, kinda like how Flynn wore all white in Legacy.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #84
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

Video not available in my country...LE sigh

Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #85
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #86
roach
I am the night

wow

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #87
Clu
End of Line, Man.

Kevin was trapped in/on the grid for 1000 years or so. Many stories can be told in that time frame.

Seems Tron was damaged a lot by clu, but was left for dead instead of reprogramming him. So tron trains beck, then after awhile the real tron comes out of hiding for something and then clu finally reprograms him and he becomes rinzler. But who knows what will happen to beck. Might die or just become a reprogrammed slave.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #88
obin_gam
Side-Kick

I suspect an epic fight in the last episode between Beck-Tron and Rinzler

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #89
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I'm guessing it's a tribute to his old suit he used to wore, kinda like how Flynn wore all white in Legacy.

Ah, you're probably right. And it'll help to make him stick out amongst everyone else just like superheroes and their colorful costumes.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #90
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clu View Post
Kevin was trapped in/on the grid for 1000 years or so. Many stories can be told in that time frame.

Seems Tron was damaged a lot by clu, but was left for dead instead of reprogramming him. So tron trains beck, then after awhile the real tron comes out of hiding for something and then clu finally reprograms him and he becomes rinzler. But who knows what will happen to beck. Might die or just become a reprogrammed slave.
I'm going with Beck becomes Jarvis.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 05-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #91
Clu
End of Line, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I'm going with Beck becomes Jarvis.
lol I was thinking the same thing. would be pretty damn sad for the replacement to tron became a joke character who flip flops.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #92
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Do programs just constantly look the same? Or maybe they change or keep their appearance if they have the means to do so.

I could buy Beck aging and ending up looking like Jarvis after Clu reprograms him.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #93
Terminator
Side-Kick

So I can't watch it online because I'm in Canada. But I heard it's airing Friday night so I check the schedule for Disney XD Canada and see a marathon of Zeke and Luther. Gone from really excited to completely annoyed.

Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #94
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

^^
Torrent, that is what I did.

Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #95
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I can send you a download link if you want.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #96
Juansolo
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
So I can't watch it online because I'm in Canada. But I heard it's airing Friday night so I check the schedule for Disney XD Canada and see a marathon of Zeke and Luther. Gone from really excited to completely annoyed.
I ran into the same issue, but I found out that the Friday showing is on the regular Disney Channel and the Monday night encore is on Disney XD.

Juansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #97
Terminator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I can send you a download link if you want.
Appreciate it but I ended up downloading it after my little rant last night. Kind of ridiculous that I'm forced to piracy.

Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #98
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://collider.com/elijah-wood-tron...erview/166373/

Quote:
Elijah Wood Talks TRON: UPRISING, Returning to Middle Earth for THE HOBBIT, and Season 2 of WILFRED

by Christina Radish Posted:May 16th, 2012 at 1:11 am

The animated series TRON: Uprising, debuting with a special preview on the Disney Channel on May 18th before premiering on its regular night on Disney XD on June 7th, takes place after the 1982 feature film and before the events in TRON: Legacy. Produced in CG animation with a 2D aesthetic, the series follows the heroic journey of a new character named Beck (voiced by Elijah Wood), a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. You can watch the first episode here.

At the press day for this highly anticipated new show, actor Elijah Wood talked about how excited he was to be a part of this show, what he thinks of his animated self, how much fun he has doing voice-over work, determining the voice for the character, and what Charlie Bean was like, as a director. He also talked about the strange fan encounters heís had, his experience at Comic-Con, collecting action figures, what he looks for in a role these days, what attracted him to Grand Piano, returning to New Zealand for The Hobbit, and what fans can expect from Season 2 of his FX comedy series, Wilfred. Check out what he had to say after the jump:
Question: What do you think of your animated self?

ELIJAH WOOD: Heís pretty awesome! Itís cool. Itís fun to play something so heroic.

Were you a fan of the TRON universe, prior to doing this?

WOOD: I was, and super-excited at the notion of them making a show that actually fit between the two film, in terms of the mythology. They had done so much work, in expanding the mythology with Legacy, and a lot of the same writers were involved with continuing the story, or fitting new story into the context of those two films, with this. It was really exciting that there was actually some kind of a connection to what has been done so far with the Tron universe, since the first film. When I saw the initial designs and some of the test animation, I was so blown away that it had such a cinematic quality to it. It really didnít look like any animated series I had seen before. They brought the world to life, in a really beautiful way, and were willing to tell stories that youíre not used to seeing on television. In some ways, some of the animation looks like something youíd see in the context of a film, and that was really exciting, as well. They really pushed the technology, in terms of being able to come up with something of this quality, in a short amount of time, in episodic television. It was super-cool!

You played The Video Game Kid in Back to the Future 2, and now you are in a video game with TRON: Uprising. Do you enjoy doing voice-over work?

WOOD: Itís fun! Over the last number of years, Iím no stranger to voice work in animation, so Iím used to it. But, getting a chance to work within the context of a universe I was already familiar with was really fun. It just gave the whole experience a more special quality, I think. And the character happens to be extremely physical, so thereís a lot of me standing in front of a microphone, punching and kicking the air, and making myself sound like Iím in all sorts of intense physical scenarios, which is pretty hilarious. Iím sure thereís some footage of me, standing there looking like an idiot.

Bruce Boxleitner has an intimidating voice. Was it intimidating, being the understudy for Tron?

WOOD: Heís got an intense voice. Itís awesome! It wasnít intimidating. It was really exciting. It was a treat to work with him and meet him, and it elevates our show to have him take part and carry on his character. Itís super-awesome! It just authenticates what weíre trying to do, I think. Itís rad! But, to be honest, we havenít recorded a lot in groups with this, which is a super-common thing in animation. You donít often get a chance to record with the other actors who are playing the characters, mainly due to the fact that you donít have to, the actorsí schedules are all over the place, and itís difficult to get everyone in the same room. So, Iíve done a lot of the recording of this on my own, but I have gotten a chance to work with Bruce, which was a real treat. Iíve worked with Emmanuelle [Chriqui] and Mandy Moore, as well. That was lovely. Itís always nice when you get a chance to actually work with the other actor. It just brings the scene to life, in a way thatís not as easy to replicate on your own.

How was it to play the relationship between Beck and Paige?

WOOD: I think Paige is my favorite character, in the piece. I think she represents the most amount of duality, amongst all the characters. Sheís ultimately on the wrong side of the tracks, but thereís something within her that feels like it could go either way. The relationship between Beck and Paige has some energy bubbling under the surface, between them, and thatís always really exciting and fun to play with. That was always great. That relationship carries on. Youíll see it develop, over time. Itís really cool.

With such a wide range of characters that youíve played, over the years, what kind of fan encounters have you had?

WOOD: Well, The Lord of the Rings certainly dominates, in regards to fan encounters. Now, Iím getting a lot of people talking about Wilfred, which has been really interesting Ďcause thatís really found a new audience and people are really into that. It ranges, the types of people that I meet who are really into it, which is amazing. It seems to appeal to a relatively wide range of people.

Whatís the strangest thing thatís ever happened to you?

WOOD: I donít know. Iíve had people fly to certain places that I happen to be and profess their love for me, in a pretty intense way.

Have you had any marriage proposals?

WOOD: Serious ones? No. Iíve interacted with fans a lot Ďcause I go to Comic-Con a lot. It just so happens that, the last couple of years, thereís been something to promote at Comic-Con that fits that audience, so Iíve been there a fair amount. But, itís also a world that Iím familiar with. Iím a nerd as well, and a fan.

Have you ever walked the floor of Comic-Con and not gotten recognized?

WOOD: See, I canít do that. Thatís the thing I canít do, which is a bummer. Itís weird, in my daily life, I can go anywhere without a problem. But, thatís such a concentrated amalgam of those folks, that itís difficult. Weíre part of that, too. Itís not a me versus them. But, itís really hard Ďcause I want to. Iíve been there so many times, and I did walk the floor the first time I went. We were there to promote Rings before it came out, and I did walk the floor and it was radical. I checked out all the toy booths. It was awesome, meeting artists. But, after the first movie came out, it was pretty apparent that I couldnít do that again. And Iíve thought about getting a costume or a mask and walking around that way, but itís a little difficult. A bunch of people do that. I think Simon Pegg does that. Iíve definitely thought about doing that. But, I walk around San Diego. The beautiful thing about San Diego is that the Convention Center is right next to the town, and I love how the nerds just take over. Itís not even San Diego anymore. The city is ****ed and is totally taken over by all these people. Itís great! Everybody is in costume. There are ****ing zombies walking down the street. Itís the greatest thing, ever! And I walk amongst that, freely. But, the concentrated environment, not so much.

Will you have a Beck action figure, and do you collect your own action figures?

WOOD: They havenít made one yet, I donít think. I hope they will. I most certainly have every action figure of myself. When I was young, I collected Star Wars toys and Batman action figures. As I became a teenager, I collected all the MacFarlane movie monster toys. I loved all that stuff, so itís a dream come true. I remember the first time I had an action figure of myself. Thatís a pretty huge head **** for a 20-year-old. I had grown up with all of that. I have an action figure from Sin City. Iíve been very lucky to have a couple, much less one.

What is Charlie Bean like to work with, as a director?

WOOD: Charlie is awesome! I love Charlie. Heís incredibly enthusiastic. Heís really driving this ship, and trying to do something that hasnít really been done, in this space before. Heís creating an animated program for all ages, but that is a little bit more cinematic than what weíre used to and a little bit darker than weíre used to in this space, and really pushing that forward. Thatís wonderful. Iíve always shared that same vision with him. We have a lot of fun. Because weíve been working on this for about two years, or a year and a half of primary work, my experiences on it are so disparate. I work on other things, and then I do three days of seeing the team and being in this universe, and then Iím out, and then Iím back in. Itís been a funny relationship, but itís always a joy to work with Charlie.

What was your reaction when you finally got to see what this would look like?

WOOD: Itís awesome! Itís even better than what I had anticipated it being, from seeing the early animation tests and designs. Seeing it play out with the finalized animation and some of the slo-mo sequences, itís so beautiful. A lot of it is computer animation, but all the characters look like two-dimensional cell animation. I love the mix of the two. Itís really a unique look. I also love how angular the characters are. Thereís just something really special about the way itís all been designed. The music is awesome. It definitely takes its cues from what Daft Punk did in Legacy, and I love that. Itís really exciting! Iím excited for people to see it, and Iím excited to see more of it. Iíve seen such little pieces, here and there, so Iím looking forward to sitting down and watching all of them.

How did you determine what voice you wanted for the character?

WOOD: It was determined right away that it would be my own voice. But, when the character is Tron, or The Renegade, we do change his voice a little bit. Digitally, they mess with his voice, and I also give it a gravity that Beck doesnít have, in his normal Beck mode. The character is split between the two, in a way. Some of those more Tron/Renegade moments definitely have a depth and a gravity to them, and thatís fun. Itís fun to play around with all of that.

What do you look for, when youíre looking at roles, these days?

WOOD: I donít know that Iím ever looking for anything, in particular. Iím always intrigued by new challenges and things that Iíve never done before and new experiences. It sounds so simple, but the primary interest is just something thatís good and instills within me some kind of gut feeling that feels like something that Iím passionate and excited about, and there can be multiple variables that can instill that. It can be simply a filmmaker, it can just be a character, it can just be the script, or a combination of all those things. But, Iím always just looking to do things that Iíve never done before, primarily.

Youíre getting ready to do Grand Piano next, right?

WOOD: Yes. Iím very excited! Iíve known the director, Eugenio Mira, for a couple of years, just from attending Fantastic Fest in Austin, which is a genre film festival. He and Nacho Vigalondo are the Spanish contingent that are out there, every year. Theyíre the best! So, Iíve known him socially now for a number of years. When I got the script for that, I was really excited about the prospect of getting a chance to work with him. Itís a very Hitchcockian, beautiful piece, and an exciting piece. Iím psyched about it!

What was it like to shoot The Hobbit and return to that character, ten years later?

WOOD: Itís such an incredible treat. Itís not often that you have such an intense formative life experience, and then, ten year later, get to revisit that. It was really amazing, going back to New Zealand. So many of the crew, who had worked on Rings, are working on The Hobbit. A number of the same actors are working on it. We shot a little bit in Hobbiton, and I realized that I had turned 19 in Hobbiton. I was there 11 years ago. Thatís bonkers! And it hasnít changed. It was really amazing! It was a remarkable experience, and a great family reunion. It felt like stepping back into time. It was a gift. It was awesome!

The Season 1 finale of Wilfred had some pretty big shocks and twists. What can you say about where things are going in Season 2?

WOOD: We left it real open, didnít we? Well, I suppose itís no surprise that Wilfred certainly exists. Thereís a lot of things that will be answered, or certainly addressed, within the season premiere. Thereís some growth this season, for Ryan. I think weíll see Ryan interacting with people more. A lot of last season, he spent in the basement getting stoned and having these experiences, but not really anything that was solid or foundational. He will make some strides for that, this season, which is interesting and presents other problems for him, as well. Itís been a lot of fun. Itís such a joy to work on that show. The team is amazing. Jason [Gann] is hilarious. Itís great! People have a lot of enthusiasm for what weíre doing and seem to really get into some of the questions that we create, which is really wonderful. In one respect, the show is a comedy, and itís sometimes quite broad. Itís about a guy whoís friends with a man in a dog suit, but underneath all of that, there are all these layers, and people seem to really be responding to all those layers and the multi-faceted aspect of the show. Thatís something that weíre really excited about, and is our favorite elements of what weíre doing. Itís cool that people donít know what to expect.

Tron: Uprising will air on Thursday nights on Disney XD, starting on June 7th.

"

Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #99
Clu
End of Line, Man.

good interview with some interesting things. needs to be june already.

Clu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #100
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Featurette...

http://collider.com/tron-uprising-be...urette/167158/

Interview with Mandy Moore...

http://collider.com/mandy-moore-tron...sequel/166872/

Quote:
Mandy Moore Talks TRON: UPRISING and Potential for a TANGLED Sequel

by Christina Radish Posted:May 17th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

The animated series TRON: Uprising, debuting with a special preview on the Disney Channel on May 18th before premiering on Disney XD on June 7th, takes place after the 1982 feature film and before the events in TRON: Legacy. Produced in CG animation with a 2D aesthetic, the series follows the heroic journey of a new character named Beck (voiced by Elijah Wood), a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. You can watch the first episode here.

At the press day for this highly anticipated new show, actress/singer Mandy Moore, who voices Mara, the lone voice of reason and Beckís loyal best friend and fellow mechanic, talked about how her character fits into the TRON universe, what she thought when she saw how her character would look, what a big TRON fan her husband (singer/songwriter Ryan Adams) is, how excited she is about how cool the show has turned out, and that sheís more of a girlís girl than her tomboy character. She also talked about writing songs for a new album, doing voice-over work and singing on another Disney animated show, called Sheriff Callieís Wild West (for Disney Junior), what she looks for in a role now, and that she would definitely be up for a Tangled sequel. Check out what she had to say after the jump:

Question: What can you say about your character, Mara?

MANDY MOORE: Mara is a mechanic in Ableís garage, along with Elijah Woodís character, Beck, and Nate Corddryís character, Zed. They are this little trifecta Ė this trio Ė of best friends. They work together and they play together, but Mara is one of the guys. She is confident and spunky and the voice of reason, I like to think, especially as the series progresses. As the series does progress, she finds herself falling in love with this masked vigilante Ė The Renegade. She doesnít realize that, in fact, it is her best friend, Beck. She is in love with his moral compass and what he stands for, and she is right behind him. She is great at what she does, too. She specializes in vintage technology and older Light Cycles. She has a real affinity for the older technology, in a geeky way, unlike anybody else in the garage. But, she also works on some of the more bad-ass, harder, scary bits and pieces of machinery. She really knows her way around that garage. She is a much cooler girl than I am. The blue hair is her trademark.

What did you think, when you saw how she would look?

MOORE: I thought it was very hip and very cool. When they first described her to me, I was like, ďOh, okay.Ē Not being someone who is particularly well-versed in the TRON universe, I didnít really know what to expect, but it fits well within that world.

Since you werenít familiar with the TRON universe before this, what made you want to play this character?

MOORE: My husband (Ryan Adams) is a big TRON fan, and I thought it would earn me Brownie points. I found out they were doing the series and I got the word about auditioning and I took it upon myself to do that. Then, when I was lucky enough to get cast, I was able to go home and share the good news, and he was very excited. They gave us a bunch of toys and action figures Ė from TRON: Legacy, not from the series Ė and I was able to bring those home to him and he has them in his office. He is all excited. We have a TRON video game at home, too. That is how much of a TRON fan he is. This is pretty cool for him, so he is pretty excited. That is what drew me in, initially, but when I went in for the audition and they showed me the schematics of what the landscape was going to be and what the whole aesthetic of the show was and what the different characters were going to look like, it was animation unlike anything I had seen before. I thought it was beautiful and just so super-cool. That is what made me excited about it.

Did you work out a backstory before you went in to record the voice, or was that something that is given to you?

MOORE: There is not too much of a backstory. When you meet these characters, you take it for what it is. I think it is more about watching their story progress, based on what happens to them at the beginning of the story, with this take-over of their city and how they all individually react to it. I donít think it necessarily matters where they are coming from, or who they are. You have to understand the fact that they are friends and they are bonded together. These programs donít really have families, so friendships are like families. The fact that they are so close is what bonds them together and makes them family.

So, I didnít really work on much of the backstory, and nobody told me to. Nobody told me to do anything different with my voice. A lot of it was really on the page. With any animated project, you really rely a lot on the directors and writers to give you guidance because there is no point of reference. There is nothing to look at. It is not as if there is a monitor and you are watching the animated sequences already. A lot of it just comes from your imagination, and a good description from the powers that be. They really had to start at square one with me. I was like, ďA program, like a computer program?Ē The vocabulary was so overwhelming to me. It still is.

Your character has a lot of guy friends, and is a bit of a tomboy. Are you more of a girlís girl?

MOORE: I have more girlfriends, absolutely. I like being a girlís girl. I like being friends with other women, who are supportive of women. I think that is important. We live in a world where itís difficult to be a woman who is strong and confident, so I like to surround myself with friends that embody that same principle and idea.

Are you working on a new album?

MOORE: I am writing right now. I am all about animation, right now. I am doing another animated show for Disney Junior, called Sheriff Callieís Wild West, and I get to sing in that. I play a sheriff cowboy cat. She has a cowboy hat and she sings lots of songs. Itís fun to do a combination of both.

A lot of your contemporaries are doing these music and singing reality shows as judges. Would you ever consider doing something like that?

MOORE: I donít know if that is really my cup of tea, but I do watch them, occasionally. I donít think I would be a very good judge. I try not to be particularly judgmental. I think it would be terrifying to be in that position, as a contestant. Those people have to get on stage and deliver. I could never do that. I wouldnít want to put myself in the position, of judging people like that, because I am in awe that anybody could get up there and get through that sort of scrutiny.

Whatís it like to see kids react to Tangled now, the same way that kids reacted to The Little Mermaid when it was released?

MOORE: That is nice for me. I am glad to be a part of their childhood. The Little Mermaid was a touchstone for me. All of the Disney animated films were, definitely. Itís super-cool, but itís different. Itís not as if I have 30-feet of long, blonde hair, so nobody knows who I am. Occasionally, friends of mine, who have kids, will be like, ďItís Rapunzel,Ē and it just doesnít make any sense to them. Theyíre like, ďNo, itís not!Ē Even when I speak, it doesnít translate.

In your live-action work, youíve played some mean girls and some nice girls, and youíve done a lot of slice-of-life stories. Have you ever thought of doing sci-fi or fantasy?

MOORE: I would love to! I donít think that world tends to think of me for those sorts of roles, but I would love to. I am up for any kind of challenge like that, that is outside of my comfort zone, and that certainly is not something I would immediately think of doing myself, either. But, I am up for it. Why not?

What do you look for, in a role? What is a dream project for you?

MOORE: I think it is a multitude of things, as it has always been. There has to be a challenging element to it, I want to work with good people, and Iíd like to do something that, hopefully, I can be proud of, at the end of the day. I definitely am getting pickier, as time goes on. You start to realize that itís not worth compromising. The few things we all have done, that we have had little doubts about, manifest themselves, in some way. I have always looked back on those particular decisions and gone, ďI really should have listened to my gut.Ē Anytime I listen to my gut and I donít do something, or I do, it always tends to work out in my favor. I am trying to be as picky as possible, and do things that I know I am going to enjoy and be proud of and are challenging.

Since you are becoming pickier about the roles you do, have you thought about writing, at all?

MOORE: I havenít thought about writing so much as potentially producing, and finding my own projects to get into production. I want to be able to buy the rights to a story that I have read, or a book that I have read. That seems to be more in line with what I am projecting to be the next facet of the business that I want to get involved in. But, maybe Iíll get into writing, somewhere down the line. I donít know.

What gets you excited, personally? Are there stories or things that you like where you go, ďThatís me! Thatís what I love to watch or doĒ?

MOORE: I like to laugh, so at this point in my life, I would love to do more comedy. I think that would be fun. I donít know in what respect because there are no qualifications as to what kind of comedy, but that seems like something that would be really fun, right now.

Is there any talk of a Tangled sequel?

MOORE: I have heard things from various people, but nobody has officially said anything to me. I would love to do it. I had the best time working with everyone on that project. I would be 150% behind that.

In the early Disney films, all the women needed to be rescued, but Rapunzel takes care of herself and is more kick-ass. Was that important to you?

MOORE: Sure, absolutely! I think that is a product of our ever-changing environment and world, and the fact that women are assuming that role, more and more. I am happy to embody characters that are independent and fierce, can take care of themselves, and are not waiting to be rescued. I do like that element. I think it is certainly a fun characteristic to get to play up.

For more on TRON: Uprising, hereís our interview with Elijah Wood.

"