The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: What should come next?
Nothing, it should lead into X1 2 2.25%
Continue with McAvoy finding Jean, Scott etc 52 58.43%
Continue but with the cast of characters they have now 30 33.71%
It shouldn't continue at all, I won't like it > 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #51
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: X-men First Class Sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
All I want is for First Class to be good and for it to start a new trilogy.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #52
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

One thing's for sure: they gotta do a better job advertising the next film(s).

One of X-men First Class' posters was named the Worst Movie poster of the year by Entertainment Weekly (Link: Click on the second to the last video (7th video) And it's not even the silhouetted Erik/Charles crotch poster.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #53
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post

One of X-men First Class' posters was named the Worst Movie poster of the year by Entertainment Weekly (Link: Click on the second to the last video (7th video) And it's not even the silhouetted Erik/Charles crotch poster.
Haha--I actually thought that one was okay. There were plenty of other X-men movie posters that I thought were much worse. But I have to say, there's a lot of people in that one poster, and they do look like they're photoshopped in a bit.

But McAvoy and Fassbender are so cute...it's hard for me to hate it.

Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #54
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post

That is by far not the worst movie poster of the year (but also far from the best), I can't believe it! And I'm not being biased at all. I actually thought the Drive poster as "2nd best" was a bit of a leap. Had he done the silhouette one I would have whole-heartedly agreed but the other poster is simply "mediocre" any way you swing it.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #55
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I actually did like that poster at the time too but him pointing out that the characters just look like they're meandering around that empty space of a poster, can't say I disagree with him.

And as a graphic designer, I hate that font for Drive...LOL

Old 12-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #56
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I have to agree that, until the DVD/Blu-Ray covers, the promotional material for this film was either dismal or bland and wouldn't entice me to see the movie for sure.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #57
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Atleast the trailer for First Class is one of the Best Trailers of the Year (by EW). Number 22.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #58
OsGom
Mind-Taker

I am all for a sequel to First Class. They could deal with recruiting the next class. I would like for them to introduce Scott at least in the next film. However, X3 screwed up continuity so bad that I donít think FC works as a prequel to the X-franchise any longer.

X-Maniac may not believe that Scott is important to the franchise but I feel in the comics he has always been at least as important as Xavier himself. He was the first true believer/soldier and represented all the best qualities of Xavierís dream. His loyalty and leadership defined who the Xmen were from the inception through the early 80s. Sure you could redesign another character to fill the same role but I feel that is a huge disservice to the source material (not to mention the original trilogy). I am fine with FC featuring more obscure mutants but if this is truly an adaptation of the Xmen, at some point Scott needs to be introduced in a big way.

Unfortunately they already portrayed the recruiting of Jean Grey (a pivitol moment in X-history in my opinion) which was one of the only things they did well from X3. That event canít be reconciled with FC without some serious continuity management.

Therefore I think you DONíT do an X4. Reboot as a Days of Future Past trilogy OR (dare we hope) The Age of Apocalypse trilogy.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #59
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
I am all for a sequel to First Class. They could deal with recruiting the next class. I would like for them to introduce Scott at least in the next film. However, X3 screwed up continuity so bad that I donít think FC works as a prequel to the X-franchise any longer.

X-Maniac may not believe that Scott is important to the franchise but I feel in the comics he has always been at least as important as Xavier himself. He was the first true believer/soldier and represented all the best qualities of Xavierís dream. His loyalty and leadership defined who the Xmen were from the inception through the early 80s. Sure you could redesign another character to fill the same role but I feel that is a huge disservice to the source material (not to mention the original trilogy). I am fine with FC featuring more obscure mutants but if this is truly an adaptation of the Xmen, at some point Scott needs to be introduced in a big way.

Unfortunately they already portrayed the recruiting of Jean Grey (a pivitol moment in X-history in my opinion) which was one of the only things they did well from X3. That event canít be reconciled with FC without some serious continuity management.

Therefore I think you DONíT do an X4. Reboot as a Days of Future Past trilogy OR (dare we hope) The Age of Apocalypse trilogy.
First Class seems to be trying to be more of a prequel to the first 2 movies, Bryan Singer is producing and creating the story of these films, and he sent a story treatment to fox for an X-men 4, that aparently leads to an x-men 5, his original idea for x-3 was to have 3 and 4 shot back-to-back, so maybe he will retcon x-3 and wolverine, and continue the saga his oun way.
I hope that happens

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #60
Angamb
Banned User

me too

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #61
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Many here know I view First Class as prequel to X-Men and X2 only.Bryan Singer called First Class a prequel with some liberties taken.The Liberties are mostly dialogue about past.It's also fairly obvious that any post X2 film IS apparently waiting for the First Class trilogy to be completed.

More recently The Wolverine has been described not as sequel to X-Men Origins but seperate X-Men Prequel film.Besides The Mutant tractor on First Class Blu-Ray all evidance Is they are completly Ignoring Wolverine.Also remember If Deadpool film Is actully made It has been called X-Men Originseadpool.You can't call Deadpool a part of X-Men series and not Ignore Wolverine.

Don't forget to show the Introduction of Cyclops and Jean In a future First Class Installment(Most likely the third film) you have to Ignore Last Stand and Wolverine.While by now most know It's hard to reoncil the opening scene of Last Stand with First Class but with Introducing Cyclops you have to totaly disregard Wolverine.

The Only way I can see The Last stand being viewed with First Class Is to skip over the opening scene,flashforward through the Xavier teaching class with Video of Moira Mactaggert,don't watch the post credit scene and Ignore the fact the appearance of Beast doesn't match In First Class(Believe me they won't be changing his appearance In
trilogy) but that would mean Xavier actully dies for good In Film.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #62
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Many here know I view First Class as prequel to X-Men and X2 only.Bryan Singer called First Class a prequel with some liberties taken.The Liberties are mostly dialogue about past.It's also fairly obvious that any post X2 film IS apparently waiting for the First Class trilogy to be completed.

More recently The Wolverine has been described not as sequel to X-Men Origins but seperate X-Men Prequel film.Besides The Mutant tractor on First Class Blu-Ray all evidance Is they are completly Ignoring Wolverine.Also remember If Deadpool film Is actully made It has been called X-Men Originseadpool.You can't call Deadpool a part of X-Men series and not Ignore Wolverine.

Don't forget to show the Introduction of Cyclops and Jean In a future First Class Installment(Most likely the third film) you have to Ignore Last Stand and Wolverine.While by now most know It's hard to reoncil the opening scene of Last Stand with First Class but with Introducing Cyclops you have to totaly disregard Wolverine.

The Only way I can see The Last stand being viewed with First Class Is to skip over the opening scene,flashforward through the Xavier teaching class with Video of Moira Mactaggert,don't watch the post credit scene and Ignore the fact the appearance of Beast doesn't match In First Class(Believe me they won't be changing his appearance In
trilogy) but that would mean Xavier actully dies for good In Film.
This is too complicated for me as a diehard fan to keep straight, how is someone who is a casual movie watcher supposed to make sense of all this? "Ignore this movie and that scene"! Bleh! Scrap X4 and reboot. Eliminate the confusion altogether. Then you can just say that the reboot is simply a sequel to FC.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #63
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
This is too complicated for me as a diehard fan to keep straight, how is someone who is a casual movie watcher supposed to make sense of all this? "Ignore this movie and that scene"! Bleh! Scrap X4 and reboot. Eliminate the confusion altogether. Then you can just say that the reboot is simply a sequel to FC.
No.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #64
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

i would like do see a sequel where Xavier finds Scott in a hospital unable to control his pwer. Jean can have already joined the school and Xavier can with her help teach scott to not be afraid of his power and learn control. Jean and Scott can bond over learning to control the powers they have. Then have xavier kidnapped by a goverment scientist(possibly sinister in disguise) and have Magneto come with the brotherhood oto the X-men saying humanity is wrong and that they will kill charles. He then ask the X-Men to join him and save Charles while also imbracing his vision. Cyclops then finally takes control and says no with Jean and the other X-men behind him. This leads to a final confrontation between goverment forces, the x-men, and the brotherhood.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #65
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Honestly don't know what I want anymore. The franchise has been a total mess since X2. If it was up to me, I probably choose Singer for an X3. Sadly that ship has sailed.

First Class wasn't good enough for me to feel confident about the future. I just hope that with more time, Vaughn can do better. A lot of the problems could have been caused by the rushed production. Not greatly excited by more continuity issues and/or C-list characters.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #66
blueserenity
Side-Kick

I'd prefer it if they kept on their track of "ties to the older films be damned". This movie was better than even X2 in my book. Let Wolverine II be the last film of *that* continuity. I have little faith in the screenwriter hired for the job, but a ton of faith that once Vaughn gets his hands on the script he can adjust it to his needs. So excited for the sequel. Fingers crossed for summer 2014, not 2015!

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #67
Godzilla2000
The Black Blur

I would like to see them continue with these prequel movies of course! I think most of all I would like to see how Charles Xavier deals with the fact that he's now permanently wheelchair bound. To be able to do something like the walk and then have it taken away is an extremely dramatic life change for him to have to deal with. And on top of that he has to deal with the stigma of being a mutant and facing the persecution of frightened masses.

- Natural or not at all. I believe in effortless beauty that requires no work at all.

- The chill of Winter is easier to deal with than the chill of some people.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #68
thawkwood957

Personally I enjoyed the movie, despite the continuity errors I've heard pointed out.

As a fanfiction writer I treated the movie as a reboot, not a prequel.

thawkwood957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #69
Godzilla2000
The Black Blur

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this, but I would love to see the Sentinels in one of these movies, perhaps as one of Hank's rejected designs. But I'm not talking about the unrealistic, Godzilla sized Sentinels from the 80's and 90's. I'm thinking more along the lines of the original Sentinels from the 60's comics which were between 10 - 15 feet tall. The only Sentinel that should be absolutely huge is Master Mold since he basically is the piece of the machinery that makes them. It would also be nice to see Genosha and the round up of mutants too which would give the Sentinels a purpose and also a source of escalated conflict between Charles and Magneto.

- Natural or not at all. I believe in effortless beauty that requires no work at all.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #70
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I'd like to see anything that makes Xavier and Magneto join forces in this movie, and judging by Fassbenders latest comments, that is what seems to be happening. I'm glad about this as I want to see them building Cerebro in the the school and a few others things to happen that will make this series align with the later movies, including Azazel getting Mystique pregnant and teaching her how to fight.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #71
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^I'd like to see anything that makes Xavier and Magneto join forces in this movie, and judging by Fassbenders latest comments, that is what seems to be happening. I'm glad about this as I want to see them building Cerebro in the the school and a few others things to happen that will make this series align with the later movies, including Azazel getting Mystique pregnant and teaching her how to fight.
Agreement.

I so hope that the cerebro building is honored. It's a key piece of backstory in X2. At very least, I hope it's built off-screen so it isn't retconned. Magneto needs to have been involved.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #72
Godzilla2000
The Black Blur

Quote:
.....including Azazel getting Mystique pregnant and teaching her how to fight.
I'd love to see Azazel vs. Nightcrawler in the future, but that should take place in the modern X-men movie continuity.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #73
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
I guess this is as good a place as any to put this, but I would love to see the Sentinels in one of these movies, perhaps as one of Hank's rejected designs. But I'm not talking about the unrealistic, Godzilla sized Sentinels from the 80's and 90's. I'm thinking more along the lines of the original Sentinels from the 60's comics which were between 10 - 15 feet tall. The only Sentinel that should be absolutely huge is Master Mold since he basically is the piece of the machinery that makes them. It would also be nice to see Genosha and the round up of mutants too which would give the Sentinels a purpose and also a source of escalated conflict between Charles and Magneto.
I personally would love to see them adapt the Days of Future Past as a trilogy with the rise of the Sentinels being the back drop of the first movie. However, filmmakers need to ramp up the Mutie hate to make that type of story work. To this point the racism and human on mutie violence has been pretty tame in all the films. Heck they haven't even used the word mutie to this point, I don't think. Maybe a protest sign. They need to raise the stakes to give Magneto and the Xmen real purpose.

They should show mutant lynchings and humans (not the military)committing hate crimes against them. It is kind of a driving force behind the Xmen that isn't really given it's proper due in film.

It would be a great vehicle to play Charles and Erik against each other and still be able to relate to both.

I think rebooting X4 in this manner not only would be epic but it would allow the films to be tied to FC because part of the story takes place in the past. Kitty's future conciousness is sent back in time to change a key historical event and prevent a future where mutants are oppressed.

FC just needs to focus future films on recruiting Cyke, Jean & others.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #74
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Agreement.

I so hope that the cerebro building is honored. It's a key piece of backstory in X2. At very least, I hope it's built off-screen so it isn't retconned. Magneto needs to have been involved.
Definately, at the very least it should show a brief clip of them building Cerebro, maybe Charles has to find a particular mutant quickly, if Sinister is involved, it could be Cyclops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
I'd love to see Azazel vs. Nightcrawler in the future, but that should take place in the modern X-men movie continuity.
I dunno, I think Azazel will die in this series, just a feeling I have, so doubt we will ever see it.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #75
Godzilla2000
The Black Blur

Quote:
I dunno, I think Azazel will die in this series, just a feeling I have, so doubt we will ever see it.
Well, I hope not because it would be a good chance to have a little mystery of sorts by having Azazel setting up his own son for nefarious deeds he's committing because of how similar their powers are to help his old buddy Magneto in providing a Red Herring to keep them distracted from what the real conflict is.