The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

View Poll Results: What should be the name of the next DC RPG?
DC RPG: Rebirth 4 33.33%
"The Brave & The Bold" DC RPG 1 8.33%
The "World's Finest" DC RPG 7 58.33%
Other (Please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #51
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Default Re: The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX Signup/OOC Thread

Sounds good to me. I'll read through last season the next few days and get an app up.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #52
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Good, good. With any luck, we can return the Titans to their former glory in honor of the final season.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #53
Saved
SynTheMerc

Current Roster is:
Superboy
Ms. Martian
Zatara

with
Ravager
Red Robin
Cassie

pending.

I believe that's accurate.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #54
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Sounds right.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #55
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Pfft. Like Tim's gonna be on that lame ass team anymore.

Commence the bullets flying my way.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #56
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

I'm considering applying for Zach...though I'm worried I'm going to have too many characters on my plate at once.

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Catman_prb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #57
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

I would love a PC Zach again. Oh, SenseiofCheese, wherefore art thou?

Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #58
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX Application

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Guy Gardner.The White Lantern.

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :
A former Green Lantern Honor Lantern, Earthling Guy Gardner was banished from the Corps. after speaking his mind. Depressed and saddened by the action of the Guardians, Guy was last seen in his hometown of Baltimore when a Violet ring appeared before him and offered him a role as the only male Star Sapphire. Guy was acting as a Star Sapphire when a being known as the Entity possessed him. Now powered by the white light of life, Guy and the Entity undertake a mission to repair the broken and beaten universe.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I chose this character because it's Guy, c'mon! I was born to play him. My goals this season are to experiment with the powers of white light and exactly what all that will entail.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: mattj600@hotmail.com

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you): Trusty knows what I like.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Baltimore, Maryland

I stand in the gutted out remains of a burnt down rowhouse.

"So, why me?"

I can see into you, Guy Gardner. I can see the emotions that fuel you. You are very unique. Most humans have different sets of base emotions. Like your friend, Hal Jordan. He runs on the green willpower, but I can see the yellow fear in him as well as the red light of rage. As for you, you seem to have it all. At your core is the green, but there's also your intense rage, love, and compassion along side the spots of fear and avarice. You're the perfect host for me.

I look at the ring and the white energy sparking from it.

"What comes next?"

Darkseid came close to breaking the universe. He didn't succeed, but cracks have formed in life itself. We have to fix it, Guy. Look over at that skeleton.

The Entity points me towards the charred remains of a cat, a casualty from the fire. Say it.

The words spring out of my throat almost by themselves.

"Life."

The white light of life blasts out of my ring and forms a cocoon around the cat's body. The cat and its whole life run through my mind. I see it born, live, and die all in the blink of an eye. A bright flash temporarily blinds me. The blinding light fades from my eyes and I see the cat scamper off, alive and well. I look down at my ring with a shocked look.

Guy Gardner of Earth. Destiny awaits.

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #59
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman_prb View Post

Screen Name: Catman_prb

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke Century Gothic, orange bold

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Enhanced physical attributes, advanced healing factor, highly skilled in martial arts and strategy, Slade Wilson is the ultimate mercenary. His powers were gained from a partially successful government attempt at a supersoldier serum, although he quickly went rogue with his abilities. His frequent encounters with the Teen Titans have left him a bitter and formidable foe. He went a step too far with his involvement with the Dark Alliance; Roy Harper strangled him with a bow string after he blinded Lian Harper in one eye.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Dark Alliance

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I loved the hideous things that Byrd did with Slade during season VI, and it seems appropriate that one of WoH biggest monsters returns for it's final season. Slade's already going to be involved in an arc that will wrap things up well for the character.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: PM me for it.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):
I was dead. Ultimately, I knew it would happen one day. The line of work I'm in, specifically the type of thing I come across on a day to day basis...well it was bound to happen, healing ability or no healing ability. It can't be said that I didn't go out with a bang; I helped take out a couple of Titans, always a pleasure. And I half blinded Harper's little girl. Hard to raise a little arrowette with no depth perception, am I right? Mostly I do my work for the money, or the principle but the Joker's rag-tag bunch of misfits? That was all pleasure.

And in the end, I did exactly what I wanted to. I killed some. Hurt some worse than that. I broke the Titans. For all I know, they're still running around somewhere playing teenage hero. But I know that the Titans then, the real Titans, not the bit players...they'll never be the same again. And Hell, isn't that what it's all about? Doing it for the sport. And I died doing it. Although I got better again. Got to love that healing factor...it takes some time, but boy is it effective. So now I'm back from the grave. And I feel a little bit like getting revenge on those that put me there.

I mean, it just feels right, doesn't it? It feels like something's coming. Like it's all about to end. And I should be there for that. Waiting. Planning. Doing what I do best. I hope they've missed me.

"I'm back,"
Slade is APPROVED

Now you're stuck with him, ****er.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #60
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.

Kara is back though. GL resurrected her last season before the Blackest Night. Isn't she officially back on the team?

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #61
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
Kara is back though. GL resurrected her last season before the Blackest Night. Isn't she officially back on the team?
She's not officially on the team, no. At least, as far as I know.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #62
Optikal
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
No, no really.

It blows VU away.
Co-signed. Six is one of the consistently great books not just from DC but across comics as a whole. absolutely brilliant.

Fury: Recoil.

-Secret Warriors #4
Optikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #63
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optikal View Post
Co-signed. Six is one of the consistently great books not just from DC but across comics as a whole. absolutely brilliant.
Agreed.

Although this last arc had me a bit confused. Either I missed something, or forgot something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #64
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Lex Luthor, Purple Georgia

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : Lex Luthor climbed his way out of the slums and turn himself into a self-made billionaire. Upon graduating from MIT he set up his own business Lexcorp, one of the world's largest corporations. Since then he has joined and started super villain groups, became president, tried to kill Superman on more then one occasion.

Luthor sees Superman as a determent to mankind and without him in the way humans could be brought to the next level. Of course his quest to destroy the world's greatest heroes sounds a lot more noble when you say it like that. Luthor is a giant cruel, vain, egotistical narcissist. His quest to seek validation, acknowledgment, and success is cosmic in scale.

Luthor is perhaps one of the smartest men on the planet. He is very capable is multiple field of science and has access to a vast amount of resources. Including- Battle suits, giant killer robots, money, a talking gorilla, and a host of dayglo ridiculous costumed henchmen and women.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): A laundry list of super villain groups.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): Well this is the last season and this is Luthor the man that prides himself on being the supreme human, the perfect man, the alpha male and now he is coming face to face with inadequacy. Essential he's going to go through a midlife crisis. Superman saves the world, destroys the god of all evil and looks the same. Lex Luthor...builds a giant robot, it blows up, plans foiled, and he gets older and older. This will be the crescendo of the Superman/Luthor rivalry and also some fun crazy adventures mostly influence by Cornell's story.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yup, MSN-Watchman876@hotmail.com

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

No, really

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

If he had hair there would be grays by now.

Luthor had saw himself in the mirror briefly...wrinkles, crow's feet. Spending all your time and effort fending off an alien space god invasion from your city does he looks like he barely lifted a finger. He looks like he just touched down in Metropolis. What does he get in return? Force to live underground, always on the run. A fugitive and a criminal that is what they have labeled him?! How dare they!

He wields two pieces together. Another death machine, it will probably end up being some sort of robot or kryptonite death ray. He steps back and lifts up his goggles. He reaches for a pipe as his face contorts in disgust.

"Useless!" He screams and brings the pipe down. Microchips and parts fly up. Luthor screams in angry and takes his machine and throws it against the wall.

"I am Lex Luthor, damn it," he yells at the broken machine, "I will not be a victim to dim-witted plans and uninspired ideas." He brings his fist against the mirror. He recoils his hand and notices the blood.

Is this is what he has been reduced to? Failure after failure has turn him into into it was time to change this around. A transformation was required. His mind would not waste away to inane super weapons. Superman will crack in his hands.

"I will not be a victim to nature. I control it."
Approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #65
Carnage27
No one's puppet

App will be up tomorrow.

Too drunk to post now.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #66
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
App will be up tomorrow.

Too drunk to post now.
I approve of everything in this post.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #67
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I'd love to see someone fill out an app drunk. Oh, the hilariousness.

Why Have You Chosen This Character? **** you, that's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post

Screen Name: Eddie Brock

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Conner Kent / Kon-El / Superboy

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed.: Conner has all the powers typical of a Kryptonian under a yellow sun - namely, superstrength, superspeed, flight, invulnerability, heat vision, x-ray vision, superhearing, and arctic breath.

After Superman was killed by Doomsday, a clone was made by Project Cadmus from a combination of Superman and Lex Luthor's DNA. Superboy, as the clone was called, did not originally have all his Kryptonian powers - though he gained them over time. When Superman returned, he condoned the teenage Superboy and named him Kon-El. Superman also arranged for Superboy to live with the Kents under the guise of Conner Kent. Superboy joined the Teen Titans, where he found great friends and more. Despite the hectic events of the past few years - including Conner being manipulated by Deathstroke during the second Dark Alliance attack, as well as being responsible for the paralysis of his girlfriend Wonder Girl - Superboy has remained with the Titans, struggling to live up to the legacy that comes with the 'S' on his chest.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Teen Titans.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): If this is going to be the last season, then the Titans need to get their act together for old times' sake - and with MB and Syn as a foundation, they're in position to do just that. I love Superboy because he's all the fun of Superman while also tangling with teenage issues as well as the pressure of living up to Superman's example.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: MSN - Mantis_05@hotmail.com

It's one of my favorite pictures. As I playfully roll my eyes, Cassie plants a soft kiss on my cheek. In the background, the bright lights of the boardwalk add a finishing touch to a magical evening. Suit unbuttoned and tie loosened, I sit quietly on the edge of my bed, holding the picture in my hands. It came from one of our first dates after 'officially' becoming a couple. Life was simpler back then.

Okay, maybe it wasn't simpler, but we were all so optimistic - maybe even naive - that it didn't matter. There were still wars, people still died, and hearts were still broken. But the Titans, all of us, used to think that everything was going to be okay. We were all sure that we could change the world. Maybe we have, but it's not what we had hoped for. We see now that it was childish to think that we could solve all of the world's problems, but we had certainly hoped for better results.

Now, as we grow older, it's getting progressively harder to keep that mentality. We're reaching a very turbulent time in our lives. Our days as Teen Titans are numbered. Adulthood - and all its subsequent problems - breathes down our neck terrifyingly. We've even begun to outlive our mentors, albeit prematurely. The world we grew up in has turned a cold shoulder to us. Gone are the days of Superman and Batman patting us on the back, assuring us that everything would work out.

We're beginning to see that everything won't work out - not always. Maybe that's a lesson that we're meant to learn, but that doesn't make it any easier. The world is testing us, and it feels increasingly more difficult to succeed. Sure, we have each other, but we really don't. Kara is gone. Bart has withdrawn into himself. Tim is dealing with yet another hardship in his life. Rose is fighting feelings of isolation. Cassie, though she insists otherwise, is burying a pain deep inside her. In fact, Zach seems to be the only one of us left that isn't emotionally scarred beyond all salvation.

Me? I wish I knew where to start. Actually, I know exactly where to start. Cassie. It all begins and ends there. I always promised her that I would never hurt her, and I did just that. If I can't even stop myself from hurting the one person who means the world to me, who's safe? I'm so afraid of spiraling downward into a world where I hurt everyone around me until I'm utterly alone. Then again, solitude seems to be my lot in life. I'm going to outlive them all. That's my greatest fear. I don't deal with it often, but - with all the death - surrounding us, that sad reality rears its head again.

No matter what, I will outlive them all. Tim, Zach, Rose, Cassie, the whole world. They're only human. I don't know how Kal deals with this ever-present threat of being utterly alone. He already knows what that feels like. He's lost one home. What will happen when he loses another? How can he just put on a happy face and kiss Lois goodbye every morning when he knows that one day he'll stand at her funeral? That's why I can never be Superman.

More and more, as life's adversities pound upon me, I remain standing somehow. This prompts everyone to assure me that I'm following in his footsteps. But I know that can't be true. Kal handles everything so well. He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, and he never complains. Obviously, I can't know what he's thinking, but he doesn't appear to be so wracked with fear and uncertainty as I am. I'm not Superman. I never will be. I have his genes. I bear his symbol. But those alone do not make the man.

I don't know how I got here. I don't know how I became the person, sitting on the edge of his bed, that I am today. What happened to the guy on the boardwalk, his girlfriend's arms around him and a smile on his face? Was that ever me? He seems so faraway now.

"Knock, knock?"

Still holding the picture, I look over my shoulder to see Cassie in the doorway. Like me, she hasn't gotten out of her funeral clothes yet. Somehow, through the mourning colors and the wheelchair, her beauty continues to shine through. It astounds me.

"Whatcha doin'?" Cassie asks casually, looking at my hands.

I place the picture back on my dresser and shrug. "Just thinking," I answer simply. It's so much more than thinking, but I don't want to burden her with my inner feelings. That's my cross to bear.

"I know today was a rough day," Cassie admits. She rolls down to the foot of my bed and sits in her chair next to me. Looking me in the eyes, she continues, "But they're not all going to be like this."

"I know."

"This is just something that we all have to deal with in our own way, y'know?" she asks rhetorically. "And I know 'strong and silent' has always been your style, but I'm here to listen to you."

I close my eyes for a moment. "Thank you," I respond sincerely.

Smiling, Cassie reaches out and takes my hand in hers. We don't need to say anything more. The comfort of our interlaced fingers tells us all we need to know. And just for a fleeting moment, I suddenly feel much better about the future. I realize, looking at Cassie and seeing the genuine concern in her eyes, that I'm not really alone. And for a moment, I think I gain some insight into Kal's head. Sure, Cassie won't be here forever. But she's here now.

And, for what it's worth, that's all I need.

APPROVED

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #68
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Screen Name: Carnage27

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark/Wonder Girl

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :

Cassie is the daughter of Zues and a mortal woman, Dr. Helena Sandsmark, and is therefore considered a demigoddess, or part woman-part god. Zeus bestowed upon her one wish, and she wished to be granted true super powers, so that she could fight evil like her hero, the first Wonder Girl.

Zues bestowed upon her superhuman strength(up to about 100 tons), speed (fast enough to reach supersonic speeds), durability, reflexes, and the ability to fly.

Cassie also owns a lasso gifted to her by Ares, which when used in anger can dispense Zeus's lightening, making it a powerful weapon.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Teen Titans

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

I plan to bring Cassie back into the fold of the Teen Titans as well as exploring her relationship with Superboy.

I chose Wonder Girl because traditionally I've enjoyed writing the teen characters in games and Cassie just jumped out at me as a prime character to play.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: I have aim, but I'm literally never on it. You have a better chance of reaching me with a PM here.

It's been too long.

Thanks all I can think as I roam the halls of Titans Tower. The place seems so empty now, so cold. Where as all those months ago this was the one place I'd probably ever considered a real home. It was the place where all my friends were. It was the place where Connor...

"It's been too long," I whisper to myself.

"You're right," an instantly recognizeable voice says from behind me, "it has."

I turn to find Kara Zor-El, my best friend staring back at me, "It's good to see you back here, Cassie."

Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #69
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K 4ever View Post

Screen Name: MST3K 4ever

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Billy Batson/ Captain Marvel

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : Orphan Billy Batson wonders an abandoned subway system and meets a wizard who grants him God-Like powers. The wisdom of Solomon. The strength of Hercules. The stamina of Atlas. The Power of Zues. The courage of Achilles. The Speed of Mercury. To use these incredible powers Billy need only speak one word, "SHAZAM!". A bolt of lighting which transforms Billy Batson into the mightest mortal Captain Marvel. Although he is transformed form a teenager into a full-grown man Captain Marvel is still very much an overly optimistic teenager (borderline naive). Billy works for WHIZ media in Fawcett City as a radio reporter but in times of dire need Bily transforms into Captian Marvel.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): He has been known to work with the Justice League upon occasion

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): My first goal is to play this character is not just a "knock-off" Superman but that he is at heart a boy inside of a man's body and he doesn't fully realize his potential in the battle of good vs. evil. I have played him previously and really enjoyed it and since is the final season (and I never did give him a proper send-off)

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: AOL SunTzuPupil

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster:

Billy Batson checks his digital tape recorder of a recent press conference with Mayor Willingham while enjoying a hot dog on the way back to the WHIZ studio.

Great just need to upload this to the Media Center server for the 5pm newscast and that's another day in the books for Billy Batson ace reporter for WHIZ.

Just then Billy hears gunfire at the 2nd National bank.

He hears someone yell, "Move it you clowns!" As 3 other robbers run into a waiting car.

Billy throws his hot dog away and puts the digtal tape recorder in his pocket.

Holy Moley! End of the day for Billy Batson but just the beginning for Captain Marvel.

He sprints down an alley and sees no one around.

Billy speaks the name, "SHAZAM!"

A lighting bolt strikes Billy transforming him into Captain Marvel.

Marvel takes flight after the speeding car. He flies and land just feet in front of it. As the car approaches Marvel slams his fist upon the hood bringing the car to a skreeching halt!

The four robbers are in stunned silence.

Marvel uses the speed of Mercury and the strength of Hercules to rip the doors off and take the criminals guns' aways from them. He then wraps each one in a door as the police approach.

He says, "Hello officers these are the 4 men who robbed the 2nd National Bank on Main street moments ago. I believe you'll find the money in the car and the fine workers in your metal shop should be able to free these men."

An officer says, "Thanks Cap."

Marvel looks at the robbers and says, "I hope you all will use your time away to reflect upon what you have done, and try to rededicate your lives to making Fawcett City a better place for one and all."

He flies away and one of the robbers asks one of the officers, "Is that moron for real?"

The officer repsonds, "Yep he is, and if I were you I wouldn't say anything against him. Remember that moron just totaled your car and took care of you guys in a matter of seconds. Without even breaking a sweat or breathing heavy. Reflect upon that."

The four robbers look at one another and the streak of red and gold in the Fawcett city skies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Guy Gardner.The White Lantern.

A former Green Lantern Honor Lantern, Earthling Guy Gardner was banished from the Corps. after speaking his mind. Depressed and saddened by the action of the Guardians, Guy was last seen in his hometown of Baltimore when a Violet ring appeared before him and offered him a role as the only male Star Sapphire. Guy was acting as a Star Sapphire when a being known as the Entity possessed him. Now powered by the white light of life, Guy and the Entity undertake a mission to repair the broken and beaten universe.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I chose this character because it's Guy, c'mon! I was born to play him. My goals this season are to experiment with the powers of white light and exactly what all that will entail.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: mattj600@hotmail.com

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you): Trusty knows what I like.

Baltimore, Maryland

I stand in the gutted out remains of a burnt down rowhouse.

"So, why me?"

I can see into you, Guy Gardner. I can see the emotions that fuel you. You are very unique. Most humans have different sets of base emotions. Like your friend, Hal Jordan. He runs on the green willpower, but I can see the yellow fear in him as well as the red light of rage. As for you, you seem to have it all. At your core is the green, but there's also your intense rage, love, and compassion along side the spots of fear and avarice. You're the perfect host for me.

I look at the ring and the white energy sparking from it.

"What comes next?"

Darkseid came close to breaking the universe. He didn't succeed, but cracks have formed in life itself. We have to fix it, Guy. Look over at that skeleton.

The Entity points me towards the charred remains of a cat, a casualty from the fire. Say it.

The words spring out of my throat almost by themselves.

"Life."

The white light of life blasts out of my ring and forms a cocoon around the cat's body. The cat and its whole life run through my mind. I see it born, live, and die all in the blink of an eye. A bright flash temporarily blinds me. The blinding light fades from my eyes and I see the cat scamper off, alive and well. I look down at my ring with a shocked look.

Guy Gardner of Earth. Destiny awaits.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #70
Saved
SynTheMerc

Two Kryptonians, a martian, an Amazon, and a magician. ... Can the Titans be beaten this season?

Old 01-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #71
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

I'm not gonna repost it because it would be stupid but apparently I approved byrd's Guy app like 2 hrs early or something. Well, he is officially approved by now.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #72
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post

Screen Name: Carnage27

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark/Wonder Girl

Cassie is the daughter of Zues and a mortal woman, Dr. Helena Sandsmark, and is therefore considered a demigoddess, or part woman-part god. Zeus bestowed upon her one wish, and she wished to be granted true super powers, so that she could fight evil like her hero, the first Wonder Girl.

Zues bestowed upon her superhuman strength(up to about 100 tons), speed (fast enough to reach supersonic speeds), durability, reflexes, and the ability to fly.

Cassie also owns a lasso gifted to her by Ares, which when used in anger can dispense Zeus's lightening, making it a powerful weapon.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Teen Titans

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

I plan to bring Cassie back into the fold of the Teen Titans as well as exploring her relationship with Superboy.

I chose Wonder Girl because traditionally I've enjoyed writing the teen characters in games and Cassie just jumped out at me as a prime character to play.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: I have aim, but I'm literally never on it. You have a better chance of reaching me with a PM here.

It's been too long.

Thanks all I can think as I roam the halls of Titans Tower. The place seems so empty now, so cold. Where as all those months ago this was the one place I'd probably ever considered a real home. It was the place where all my friends were. It was the place where Connor...

"It's been too long," I whisper to myself.

"You're right," an instantly recognizeable voice says from behind me, "it has."

I turn to find Kara Zor-El, my best friend staring back at me, "It's good to see you back here, Cassie."
It's been over 24 hours so that means Wonder Girl is APPROVED!

Also, IC thread is going up on Friday.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 01-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #73
BnKRPG
Dark Lord of the RPG's

IC thread is up:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...4#post19454854

Enjoy

BnKRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
Catman_prb
Sad Clown

What's the time jump between seasons?

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Catman_prb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #75
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I say it's up to everyone to set their own time jump. Like the story with trusty, Bounce, and I is gonna take place a few hours after the end of last season. If you want to stick with that timeline, cool. If you want to skip ahead a few days or a week or two, go ahead. Of course there's not gonna be anything drastic like going six months ahead of everyone.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt