The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #51
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
"One Universe" RPG SEASON V SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name: Nitemare Shape

Character you would like to play: Eddie Brock/Venom

Powers: As Eddie Brock, he is just a man. But after bonding with the alien symbiote, he gained many of the same abilities as Spiderman, including enhanced strength agilitr, reflexes, wall crawling, the ability to websling from tendrils, similar to Spiderman's webs. Venom also has an enhanced healing ability, and is able to blend into his surroundings

Brief biography of the character's history: Eddie Brock had been a promising photographer at the Daily Bugle until being exposed as a fraud by Peter Parker. After being disgraced, Eddie became obsesed with Peter, blaming him for his downfall. Eddie saw Peter as his arch nemesis and vowed to even the score.

Then things changed, he came into contact with Spiderman's black suit, which was actually an alien symbiote which had bonded with the hero. Once bonded with the Symbiote, Eddie Brock became Venom, and now blessed with the same powers as the web slinger, set out to avenge not only his own fall from grace and Parker's rejection of the symbiote, but the death of the one woman he had loved, Betty Brant, for which he also blamed Parker.

Brock set his plan in motion. First, posing as the black suited Spiderman, Venom attempted to turn the city against the Web Slinger through a series of brutal crimes, which included the murder of the detective in charge of the investigation and planting evidence implicating Spiderman. Then Venom traveled to Gotham City where he abducted Parker's girlfriend, Barbara Gordon. In Gotham's Narrows, Venom and Spiderman were locked in a life or death struggle, in which Venom looked to finally be on the verge of getting his vengence, until Spiderman invited the symbiote to bond with him once more. The alien jumped at the chance, immediately rejoining with its former host. Enraged, Brock charged Spiderman, propelling them both over a ledge. Spiderman spared Eddie by sending him crashing into a vacant building, however his neck was broken, leaving him paralized from the neck down.
After disposing of Brock, Spiderman again seperated himself from the symbiote by taking it to a nearby bell tower, where the vibrations of the ringing bell allowed Parker to escape it's grasp. However, not to repeat the mistakes of the past, Parker used webbing to secure the symbiote to the bell, seemingly killing the alien, and removing it from his life forever.

Eddie Brock is currently in a Gotham City hospital under constant watch by the staff, as well as a GCPD security detail.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: He's one of my all time Marvel characters, and he's a bit different from the characters I normally play. I think he'll be a lot of fun, but at the same time be a good challenge

What can you bring to this game?: An experienced rper, and nachos

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Comic Sans MS as Eddie Brock/ Bold as Venom/ Italics for the symbiote

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: as many as needed

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):

Eddie Brock lays in the hospital bed, unable to move. He silently curses his broken body, and his inability to do anything about it. He has spent the last several months staring at this very same ceiling, dreaming of the day he will break free from here and take his revenge on the man who destroyed his life...Peter Parker. A small smile crosses his face as he fantasizes of tracking down Parker and destroying him, the same way that he himself was destroyed.

But then he remembers, he will never again have the chance. Parker saw to that when he stole his other half from him...and then broke his neck, leaving him a prisoner in his own body. With this realization, he curses Parker again, this time for not having what it takes to finish the job, instead of leaving him like this.


"You should have let me die Parker. At least then I wouldn't be stuck like this." He whispers to himself, a renewed anger stirring within him.

As he lay there staring at the ceiling, a sudden movement in his periphery catches his eye. Slowly and with great effort, he painfully turns his head toward the source of the movement, the small barred window next to his bed... and sees nothing. In no hurry to put himself through the torment of correcting his posture, Brock remains fixed there, looking out the window. And that is when it strikes him that something is not quite right.

The night, it's moving. Which can only mean one thing...


"You found me. Come back to finish the job, Parker?" Brock whispers, barely audible.

No, not Parker. I've come for you, Eddie.

"You...you betrayed me. You left me for HIM!"

I was wrong, Eddie. He tricked me. He is evil Eddie, he tricked me into believing that I belonged with him, but it was you all along.

"I'm no use to you now. I'm broken. I'm stuck like this...

Let me join with you. I can mend your broken body. I can make us strong again. I can give us the power to get our vengence.

"Yes."

With that, the symbiote slithers in through the barred window and engulfs Eddie Brock within its body. Within moments of being reuinied with the alien, Brock feels his strength return. He feels the nerves that were severed when his neck was broken begin to repair themselves. For the first time in months, Eddie Brock feels whole again. After several minutes of being bonded with the symbiote, Brock feels something that brings him more joy than he thought possible...his toe moved.

He leaps from the bed, free from the confines of his own body for the first time since that fateful night, and lets out a primal roar.

"We are back." He says as he crashes through the window, leaving a massive hole in the side of the hospital wall.

The GCPD security detail, along with several doctors and nurses rush into the room, only to find an empty bed and a hole in the wall. The police officer gets on his radio, frantically calling for backup, letting his fellow officers know that the patient has escaped. However, by the time any backup would arrive, Venom would be gone...far away from the hospital and out of Gotham City. He is going home...to New York.



Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:
Yep

No love?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #52
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pjaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,428
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

I assumed you would withdraw your app after we blew your mind at the thought of Gordon Venom.

But since you can't take a hint....

APPROVED!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #53
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I assumed you would withdraw your app after we blew your mind at the thought of Gordon Venom.

But since you can't take a hint....

APPROVED!
Sweet. I'm sure I'll be ok once the IC thread pops up.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #54
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
Sweet. I'm sure I'll be ok once the IC thread pops up.
Nothing says "catharsis" like a revenge-fueled symbiote.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #55
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

What about a hard drinking, revenge-fueled symbiote?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #56
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

We have an ETA on the IC, BBMFIC?

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #57
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Friday

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #58
Shlee
Hype! Idol Queen
 
Shlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Geekdom Prefecture
Posts: 862
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Anyone wanna fill a sister in on anything that's happened to/with Babs in the last.. forever? >.>

I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN PLAYING.

I'm just saying.

Capslock is for awesome.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
Nay. To be a reincarnated god, he'd have had to die. Nothing can kill the wiegeabo.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oh! Sju! Logandi kind!
Oh! Look! A flaming sheep!
etta er besta signature heimi.
Shlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #59
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

She and Peter broke up.

She hasn't been played since, I don't think.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #60
Shlee
Hype! Idol Queen
 
Shlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Geekdom Prefecture
Posts: 862
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Sexcellent. App inc... Tomorrow, after sleep and work. <3

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
Nay. To be a reincarnated god, he'd have had to die. Nothing can kill the wiegeabo.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oh! Sju! Logandi kind!
Oh! Look! A flaming sheep!
etta er besta signature heimi.
Shlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #61
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Also, to appease Darkseid and save the universe, Babs was sold as a sex slave to Apokolips.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

And now everyone walks around happy and exhausted.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #63
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

And with a slight limp.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #64
Shlee
Hype! Idol Queen
 
Shlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Geekdom Prefecture
Posts: 862
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Has Dinah/Black Canary been used in this RPG before? If so, what's her history?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
Nay. To be a reincarnated god, he'd have had to die. Nothing can kill the wiegeabo.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oh! Sju! Logandi kind!
Oh! Look! A flaming sheep!
etta er besta signature heimi.
Shlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Twy played her a lot the first couple of seasons.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #66
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Same deal as Babs. Apokoliptan sex slave, limping, satisfaction, etc.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #67
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pjaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,428
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

She was engaged to Iron Man, daughter of the original Black Canary. I think she and Iron Man broke off their engagement since nobody ever mentioned it after the second season.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #68
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
She was engaged to Iron Man, daughter of the original Black Canary. I think she and Iron Man broke off their engagement since nobody ever mentioned it after the second season.
Then again, nobody really played either for extended periods of time. So, for all we know, they're married with four or five kids by now.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #69
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pjaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,428
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Soze had a good run as Iron Man. BL stuck with him for a bit a few seasons back.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #70
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,313
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

They broke their engagement off. Partly because she wanted Tony to help raise Mia and Roy (which I believe Ollie decided to do with her), partly because Ollie said he was crazy about her, and partly because Tony liked to be drunk. A lot. Like really drunk. Like Iron Man 2 drunk.

Dinah and Robin were also kidnapped by Ras Al Ghul, but Batman and Jay saved them.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #71
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,052
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Why are no more people applying, damn it!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #72
Shlee
Hype! Idol Queen
 
Shlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Geekdom Prefecture
Posts: 862
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

I'm working on it! I'm busy at work today, I'll throw the app up for Babs tonight when I get home, muh goodness!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
Nay. To be a reincarnated god, he'd have had to die. Nothing can kill the wiegeabo.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oh! Sju! Logandi kind!
Oh! Look! A flaming sheep!
etta er besta signature heimi.
Shlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #73
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,052
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Good!


__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #74
batknight24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Screen Name:batknight24

Character you would like to play: Harold Jordan/ Green Lantern

Powers: Power Ring, Can Great Construct's Bound by the User's Will

Brief biography of the character's history: Harold Jordan was a test pilot, in fear of flying due to his father's death, who is pulled from a simulator to a dying alien, The alien gives him a power ring, and he is inducted into the Green Lantern Corps.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: He was in the First Comics i Read, and I Fell in love with the Green Lanterns, Hal Especially.

What can you bring to this game?: Fresh Blood?

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:Comic Sans

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Through the week, maybe 10 times, on weekend, i'm open ended.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue): Hal flies into Warriors

“Hey Guy Set Me Up”.

Guy Gardner grins as he slides down a mug to The Emerald Gladiator. "Tough Week?" chuckles Guy Gardner. Hal looks up past the Mug,

“Had to take on Three Manhunter's By Myself, Take on Sinestro TWICE! and to top it off, Go a couple of Rounds Hammond.”

Hal looks out the Bar's Window's to see the escort of One of the three Manhunter's He Fought Earlier that week.

"Well Good Riddens...."

Suddenly, The Manhunter breaks his construct Handcuffs grabbing his two lantern captors and smashing their head's in.

“Whoa!, Guy!”

"I Know, I Know! It's Go Time!". The Two Lanterns rush out of the bar.

“You charge him, I'll Take Him From the Back.”

Before Hal can successfully Fly around it, The Manhunter throws a Metal Rod at the Him. Hal Quickly create's a Shield blocking himself from the incoming Rod.

“Too Smart for it's Own Good.”

Hal rings up a giant Spiked Hammer, smashing the Manhunter, but to no avail. Hal sees Guy creating a Turret, and Gets an Idea.

“Guy!, Flamethrower!”

Hal puts a bubble around the Manhunter Encasing him within the fire.

“Turn up the Heat!”

Guy makes the flames even stronger. Hal constricts the bubble tighter and tighter. The Manhunter tries breaking out, but the bubble is a rubber texture, not construct. The Manhunter Finally gives in, falling to it's knees.

“Get this thing to it's prison cell”

"Eh, What about the Other Two" asks Guy.

“Oh I'll Find Them, And I will bring them to justice.”

Hal flies off of Oa, Back to Coast City, The Green aura of the Planet, fading as he get's farther. 2 Hours Later, Hal arrives back in Coast City, in His Regular Pilot Garb. He walks over to Ferris Aircraft .

“Hey Carol.”

Hal notices see is slightly aggravated, and avoids talking to her. He sits in his chair when he Hears something, In His Head. “You Stay away from her JORDAN!”.

“Ack”.

Hal falls to the floor trying to block out The Thought's. “ You Know she is rightfully mine!”.

“Get Out of My Head , Hammond.!”

Hal thinks about the week, and how it is an odd coincidence that all these events are occurring. “I'll be back Jordan, I will....” And at that Hal just stand's up, shakes it off , Put's His Ring to a Lantern and proclaims,

“In Brightest day, In Blackest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those who Worship Evil's Might, beware my power, Green Lantern's Light!”

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:


Last edited by batknight24; 01-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.
batknight24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #75
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pjaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,428
Default Re: One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

First off, before you get informed on what has been going on with Hal, you need to read this: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=277689

It's a very informative guide on how to RP here on the hype and how we do business. Once you've read it, take these tips and tricks and rewrite your sample accordingly.

Also, welcome aboard.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.